Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Is Investigating Family Background Really Important? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Investigating Family Background Really Important? (911 Views)

When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. / Is Honeymoon Really Important After Wedding? / Is Height Really Important? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Investigating Family Background Really Important? by mattaz(m): 11:58am On Apr 23, 2012
Hey NLs
Okay I'v been tinkin abt dis topic 4 days nw&thus decided 2 air it @least 2 get oda views on d issue. Is takin tym 2 delve into d family files of d persn u plan 2 marry really important?Jst yst a frend wz talkin 2 me abt checkin out my gurl's family&M lyk wat if I find out dat dey r all robbers 4 instance shuld dat make me throw away d healthy r/shp I&my gurl av managed 2 groom al dis yl?Somtymz I tink we nigerians take dis findin out abt d odas family tin 2 seriously...Wat'd u tink
Re: Is Investigating Family Background Really Important? by Daresh(f): 12:43pm On Apr 23, 2012
mattaz: Hey NLs
Okay I'v been tinkin abt dis topic 4 days nw&thus decided 2 air it @least 2 get oda views on d issue. Is takin tym 2 delve into d family files of d persn u plan 2 marry really important?Jst yst a frend wz talkin 2 me abt checkin out my gurl's family&M lyk wat if I find out dat dey r all robbers 4 instance shuld dat make me throw away d healthy r/shp I&my gurl av managed 2 groom al dis yl?Somtymz I tink we nigerians take dis findin out abt d odas family tin 2 seriously...Wat'd u tink

Little do you know. The family background is extremely important. A family of theives shows they have poor morals and will steal from you @ every opportunity cos like it or not her family becomes your family. Or a family of jazz that one day when you 2 have issues she will carry ur matter to baba. Or a promiscous family wey both papa and mama dey nack apacko for outside. All d sibling have kids outside wedlock. Or the worst a poor family where they will all line up the day you collect salary, no one get or want job, monkey go dey work, baboon go dey chop!
Re: Is Investigating Family Background Really Important? by mattaz(m): 12:50pm On Apr 23, 2012
Daresh:

Little do you know. The family background is extremely important. A family of theives shows they have poor morals and will steal from you @ every opportunity cos like it or not her family becomes your family. Or a family of jazz that one day when you 2 have issues she will carry ur matter to baba. Or a promiscous family wey both papa and mama dey nack apacko for outside. All d sibling have kids outside wedlock. Or the worst a poor family where they will all line up the day you collect salary, no one get or want job, monkey go dey work, baboon go dey chop!

ok so wat if u guys av com 2 truly luv each oda say u guys av dated 4 quite som tym&den u guys r plannin 2 get married bt den u find out 1 odd tin abt his/her family...wat'll u do?
Re: Is Investigating Family Background Really Important? by Daresh(f): 2:45pm On Apr 23, 2012
Then, when I was younger I would have ignored it all and gone ahead. Now that I am older and seen more things, I won't marry. Our parents know what they r talking about when they investigate background. My father did it for me and my inlaws checked me out too.
Re: Is Investigating Family Background Really Important? by Nayah(f): 2:50pm On Apr 23, 2012
I think every parent wants to be sure that their children are being safe in their future step family and that's normal, but love needs to be in teh center not money. Of course, it will be difficult to leave your child with a "homeless" but selling him either
Re: Is Investigating Family Background Really Important? by TroyJay(m): 2:51pm On Apr 23, 2012
mattaz: Hey NLs
Yes. Especially health wise. This is not a random one night stand chic we are talking about here, this is someone you plan to spend the rest of your life with. The investigation should be taken as serious as "investigating for HIV & Blood genotype." It is ok to lose the relationship if you find out about them being robbers or whatever. Family background really matters. How is that stuff said? An apple does not fall far from it's tree or something like that. . . You get the gist.
Re: Is Investigating Family Background Really Important? by Deolaw: 3:11pm On Apr 23, 2012
@op. I think you have never studied science before and you don't know the meaning of 'traits' and 'inheritance'. The family may have a kind of disease that is inherited through generations and without you inspecting, you affect ur own generation too.
Moreover, if she is from a home pls know ur future home is possible to be the same.

An adage says... It is better to av a bad wife than a bad in law
Re: Is Investigating Family Background Really Important? by mattaz(m): 5:16pm On Apr 23, 2012
Lukin @ ur various comments,i entirely agree wit doz talkin abt investigatin as per health issues bt my problem is wen som say a family of thieves means they steal my money or dat my wife wil bcome a thief 2...cal me dumb bt i dnt lyk generalizin...its possible 4 1 2 b diff&stand out of d crowd. Wat m sayin is dis if d woman i m goin 2 marry is agreeable to my hrt in all aspects,den it wuld b unfair afta datin her&lovin her for a considerable period of time to abruptly pull out of d relatnshp cos I found out somewhere along d line somtin bad abt her family...cos if u really wanna b critical abt d issue,do u tink ur family is perfect?den Y luk wit so mch interest on d family u wanna get married 4rm?...My own view is dis treat pple individually...if she shws any bad traits weda related 2 her family's or not,shez def out d window bt if shez a gud persn&time has proven it,den I c no reason Y I shuld discourage any1 from marryin such persn evn if her family shares a duplex wit d devil!

(1) (Reply)

Does True Love Still Exist? / Good,decent And Quite Girls Are Boring,now I Know / Is It Wrong For A Wife To Follow Her Husband To Club?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.