Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,822 members, 7,813,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

Fear Ngwa People In Abia State. - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fear Ngwa People In Abia State. (38247 Views)

Ten Most Powerful People In Nigeria 2015 / Buhari’s Abia Rally Dwarfs Gej's Rally In Abia [ Compare Photos] / My Horrible Experience During GEJ Campaign In Abia State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fear Ngwa People In Abia State. by Nigercity: 9:42am On Nov 20, 2021
ImembaN:
Bia wa Ohnuhnu a nti ochiri gi, idi inu hwe...
Idi kota sign...
Don't worry 2023 we will prove to you that we Ngwa are of different ethnic group using the ballot box....

Yawns yawns
I have no interest in Abia politics
Stop trying so hard to change the topic...

My issue is you said you ngwa, yes I agree
Now drop your location in Aba
Let's meet for a little chat (you can also come with your friends)

This Xmas am surely will be in the east...
Imagine even with goggle translation
You still can make a correct sentence in ngwaigbo
Re: Fear Ngwa People In Abia State. by Ekealterego: 9:43am On Nov 20, 2021
Favour623:
ok bro,i will Not reply them again.its clear they are not from Alaigbo
Don't waste your energy.

This person is the famous Igbo hater Juliusmalema. His account was deactivated, this is one of his numerous monikers. He is also Osagyefo8.

1 Like

Re: Fear Ngwa People In Abia State. by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 20, 2021
Nigercity:

Yawns yawns

What do you mean that i should drop my location...
Re: Fear Ngwa People In Abia State. by Nigercity: 9:51am On Nov 20, 2021
ImembaN:

What do you mean that i should drop my location...
I just want us to meet, that's all in ABA
Maybe obingwa axis where alots of ndi Wu nwafor bi...
Re: Fear Ngwa People In Abia State. by unshakablejihad: 10:20am On Nov 20, 2021
Favour623:
u can say everything u want to say.all i no is that Ngwa people does not eat human flesh,Ngwa people eat human flesh and they are still the most populous clan in south east nigeria,only people that does not know Ngwa will believe that

that guy is an Igala boy. his other moniker is juliusmalema.

1 Like

Re: Fear Ngwa People In Abia State. by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 20, 2021
Nigercity:

Kk..
Then I choose to approach you oga!..
Gimme any location in ABA....
Let's meet this Xmas...

Fake dumbass claiming ngwa!
I can bet my balls you don't even know anywhere!...
For you to say Ngwa people are related to ikwerre shows you are dumber than I thought!
And mind you, not all part of ngwaland are related to akwa/cross people... infact abiriba/ohafia and co are even more related to akwa/cross than Ngwa...
Anyway since you are jobless and frustrated, obsessed over ngwa people, choose any location in Aba let's meet!
Ngwa are DIOBU desendant...
Diobu is Iwhuroha desendant...
Diobu invaded an Efik-Ibibio settlement and push them to were the are found today...
Only a real Ngwa understand this...
Re: Fear Ngwa People In Abia State. by SlayerForever: 10:38am On Nov 20, 2021
ImembaN:
I'm not ChinenyeN...
As you can see DOZIE NGWA IS ONLINE...
bro you don't know me.. cool cool cool

Okay my dear brother/sister.
Re: Fear Ngwa People In Abia State. by Eastlandx: 11:55am On Nov 20, 2021
ChinenyeN:

It's always easy to spot someone who hasn't engaged in any real analysis of Igbo culture, language, history or identity. I encourage you to engage yourself in some research. In particular, I am recommending the following works:

Anthropology and colonial administration in Southeastern Nigeria by A. E. Afigbo (in fact, the entirety of the Ropes of Sand sindication, if you can find copies of them from Nsukka).

The role of ethnic unions in the development of Southern Nigeria by Austin Ahanotu

Among the Ibos by Thomas Basden

Bible Translation and Language Elaboration: The Igbo Experience by Uchenna Oyali

The Ibo Language report from the Archive of the Colonial Office in the U.K.

Research Work in the Ibo Region from the Archive of the Colonial Offic in the U.K. (there are at least two of these.

In Search of an Igbo Identity by Dmitri van den Bersselaar

Report on Ibo Language by Mr. N. W. Thomas, 1913 from the National Archives of Nigeria

Report on Ibo Union 1938 - 1955 from the National Archives of Nigeria

In fact, there are many more that I can share, but this should keep you busy initially and help you expand your learning and understanding of Igbo culture, language, history and identity.
I guess you actually felt good posting the nonsense above, FYI, I have been on Nairaland for 7 years, there is nothing you need to tell me, and na person wey never know you dey take clown like you serious
Re: Fear Ngwa People In Abia State. by Nigercity: 12:27pm On Nov 20, 2021
ImembaN:
Ngwa are DIOBU desendant...
Diobu is Iwhuroha desendant...
Diobu invaded an Efik-Ibibio settlement and push them to were the are found today...
Only a real Ngwa understand this...

Diobu ko! Iwhuroha ni
You no nothing!
Ngwa people are generally different from each other, they're not even the same, it is other igbos that refer to all of them as ngwa.. the Even have different languages...but as usual
Your idiotic nature wouldn't allow you learn...

And the greater part of ngwa are believed to have migrated from IMO state where they hurried up before the imo river closed and thats why the are called ngwa (if you understand Igbo)
The others ngwas came from arochukwu know as Aro ngwa mostly in osisisoma,
While minorities came from akwacross mostly in obingwa...
So I wonder how you believe ngwa people came from diobu, why ngwa people according to archeological statics are older than ikwerre as a whole! Ikwerre don't even sounds like ngwa at all! Aside central Igbo, the don't even have similarities (it's just the central Igbo,thats binding every Igbo language together)

Ngwa is closely related to mbaise in IMO state,(you can hardly differentiate the 2, from language)
Ngwaland doesn't even share any boundary with ikwerre! They only share boundaries with ukwa, IMO state, umuahia ikwuanno akwaibom, and Etche
So get out of here
Mr impostor.....
You don't Know anything about igbo land
The early you get a handwork, the better for you ..
Tribalism has seriously destroyed your mental health....
Re: Fear Ngwa People In Abia State. by aribisala0(m): 12:38pm On Nov 20, 2021
ChinenyeN:

Given the fact that you are aware of the Nigerian socio-political climate, I shouldn’t have to explain self-determination to you. But alas, I will try to be open since I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.

What I mean by self-determination (within the Igbo context) is simple. There is a degree of borderline paranoia that some people (mostly nationalistic Igbo) have when it comes to the idea of “Igbo unity” and “Igbo identity”. I am not concerned about whether such borderline paranoia is warranted or unwarranted. Anyone who knows anything about Nigerian history is aware of the root of it, and for someone like me, I find this borderline paranoia to be generally warranted. However, that does not make it healthy.

Considering the length of time that this response has been allowed to perpetuate and considering the sort of discourse it has brewed, I find it toxic. It is one thing if the appropriate communities within the Lower Niger shared (or even at minimum, respected) this response as a part of the general consensus. But they don’t.

This borderline paranoia is in direct conflict with the very sentiment of self-determination that we know is characteristic of the Lower Niger. The events of the past 100 years have shown that such self-determination has not died. As a result, all we have is tension, angst and disgruntled people everywhere. Here is a (perhaps reductive) way to concisely express this dichotomy.

On one end, we have the individuals and communities who at one point living in relative peace and identifying how they pleased, because identity was a fluid concept. People were free to determine what that meant for them. We can call this Camp A.

On the other end, we have individuals who a yearning for an unprecedented amount of single-mindedness going to the extent of expecting and demanding adherence to a concrete set of identities. We can call this Camp B.

These two concepts are in direct odds with one another. The mere existence of one means you cannot have the other. This is not a situation where one can have one’s cake and eat it too. At this point, it should be easy to see why we have such controversy. These two philosophies cannot co-exist, and anyone who says that they can is simply being dishonest. We have experienced almost 60 years of enmity in the Lower Niger region due to this simply dichotomy of views. It should be evident that this is a problem.

Now, that is the synopsis of the basis of my views. Here is where my actual personal views come in. The only thing I care about in this world is agency. Human beings, communities, peoples, should have the agency to choose. This agency is the core of self-determination. A while back, I was discussing with someone here on NL about identity, how it morphs and changes due to context and time. I made one specific comment in that conversation.

The agency to create and morph identities is more important to me than the identity in question. I might live out my life and die as an Ngwa man, but my descendants in maybe 200 or 300 years may end up with a different identity and have no idea what Ngwa (or even Igbo) ever was. That is life. Agency at work.

Because agency is what I care about, I side with Camp A. Protecting self-determination means more to me than the current, toxic idea of “Igbo identity” and “Igbo unity” that certain people (Igbo nationalists) are parroting.

This was a long answer, but I hope it is clear to you what I mean by self-determination.

It is very important that you read and maybe reread this post of mine for comprehension. For far too long, Igbo people here on NL have been walking around making assumptions about my worldview. So if you, Ekealterego, and I are to ever have a meaningful discussion, you’ll need to not make those same, incorrect assumptions and actually take the time to understand what my worldview actually is.

What do you mean by borderline paranoia. How is it manifested .
It sounds rather nebulous with a danger of misinterpretation or misrepresentation of your thoughts
Whatever it is calling it "borderline" is not illuminating and that can probably be dispensed with? No?
Re: Fear Ngwa People In Abia State. by BKayy: 12:46pm On Nov 20, 2021
Ekealterego:

This is Juliusmalema, aka Osagyefo8. In the whole of Nairaland from the past 10 years, the only person that have used the exact phrase the guy is using here is Yyseke aka Juliusmalema aka maleszewani aka osagyefo8.

@bkayy @slayerforever
Holy gram. That dude has been moving around the Internet like a wandering evil spirit sowing discord among Ndigbo for the past decade.

Geez, this is freaky.

But anaghị eji utu eyi akwụna ụjọ. I am active now, so his evil mission has come to an end

1 Like

Re: Fear Ngwa People In Abia State. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 20, 2021

1 Like

Re: Fear Ngwa People In Abia State. by Ekealterego: 1:00pm On Nov 20, 2021
BKayy:

Holy gram. That dude has been moving around the Internet like a wandering evil spirit sowing discord among Ndigbo for the past decade.

Geez, this is freaky.

But anaghị eji utu eyi akwụna ụjọ. I am active now, so his evil mission has come to an end
Even while using his Juliusmalema moniker, he was doing the same thing with the Ngwa name but his gimmicks didn't stick because people knew him already.

I could always tell who he is easily although sometimes he can be slippery but I can always sniff his aboki ass out sooner.

First, using the N at the end of the moniker as a tribute to ChinenyeN was the first alibi, then just one or two posts later, I didn't even need to trace his IP and other complicated operations. He will always drop his aboki trails.

2 Likes

Re: Fear Ngwa People In Abia State. by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 20, 2021
Favour623:
ok bro,i will Not reply them again.its clear they are not from Alaigbo

Do not let them deceive you that Ngwa is Igbo let alone biafra.

I am a historical authority. Even during the last biafran war Ngwa never participated rather they fought against ndigbo while standing on the side of Nigeria.

The action prompted the great general Ojukwu to delegate a brigadier general to protect other fronts from ngwas.

Be guided.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fear Ngwa People In Abia State. by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 20, 2021
Nigercity:

Diobu ko! Iwhuroha ni
You no nothing!
Ngwa people are generally different from each other, they're not even the same, it is other igbos that refer to all of them as ngwa.. the Even have different languages...but as usual

And the greater part of ngwa are believed to have migrated from IMO state where they hurried up before the imo river closed and thats why the are called ngwa (if you understand Igbo)
So I wonder how you believe ngwa people came from diobu, why ngwa people according to archeological statics are older than ikwerre as a whole! Ikwerre don't even sounds like ngwa at all! Aside central Igbo, the don't even have similarities (it's just the central Igbo,thats binding every Igbo language together)

Ngwa is closely related to mbaise in IMO state,(you can hardly differentiate the 2, from language)
Ngwaland doesn't even share any boundary with ikwerre! They only share boundaries with ukwa, IMO state, umuahia ikwuanno akwaibom, and Etche
So get out of here
Mr impostor.....
Let me make this very clear now...
Arochuku people only became recognized and powerful during the TRANS-ATLANTIC slave trade... With the help of the europeans and their LONG JUJU ..
Before then Aro people were neither a treat to Ngwa nor their neighbors...

That you see Aro people in many places today is not because they conquered the place rather it because the real owners of the place sheltered them to avoid them getting extinct... because they were Hunted for their roles in the SLAVE TRADE...

I'm beginning to see how culturally unaware most of you are... especially umu Ohnuhnu...
I'M NOT A NOVICE IN SOUTH EAST PRE COLONIAL HISTORY...
I'm very familiar with Ngwa oral history and I know that it contradict the present day Ngwa history that was wrongfully spread by an Enugu influenced Ngwa man ...
I DON'T KNOW WHO INSTRUCTED HIM TO SAY THOSE THINGS ... EVEN THOUGH I KNOW WHO IT MIGHT BE..
Re: Fear Ngwa People In Abia State. by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 20, 2021
Nigercity:

Diobu ko! Iwhuroha ni
You no nothing!

So get out of here
Mr impostor.....

As for central Igbo...
It's not a real language...it's a combination of various languages..
and the aim of creating it has failed ..
It failed the very day NORTHERN SOUTH EAST decided not to speak it because their dialect has less impact in the creation of Central Igbo....
NOTE: Northern South East is ANAMBRA AND ENUGU..
Re: Fear Ngwa People In Abia State. by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 20, 2021
Nigercity:

I just want us to meet, that's all in ABA
Maybe obingwa axis where alots of ndi Wu nwafor bi...
I'm not interested in meeting you...
There are even more Efik-ibibio blood in Obingwa than any other part of Ngwa land..
Re: Fear Ngwa People In Abia State. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 20, 2021
ImembaN:

As for central Igbo...
It's not a real language...it's a combination of various languages..
and the aim of creating it has failed ..
It failed the very day NORTHERN SOUTH EAST decided not to speak it because their dialect has less impact in the creation of Central Igbo....
NOTE: Northern South East is ANAMBRA AND ENUGU..

Lol

You want us to be speaking jargons. Alu.
Re: Fear Ngwa People In Abia State. by Nigercity: 1:33pm On Nov 20, 2021
ImembaN:
Shut the Bleep...bizzy body.. u don't know Ngwa more than the actual Ngwa people...

As for the lies that Ngwa migrated from Imo is nothing but lies.. which was spread just to acknowledge the relationship between Ngwa and the Ezihite part of MBAISE...
Who actually migrated from Ngwa during the Ngwa and Ibibio ethnic war...
Ngwa actually is actually a typical example of an ethnic group... and not Igbo because Ngwa share the same proginator...
We are more united than any other group in South East...
If you want to test our unity try and RIG 2023 ABIA GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION...
The only thing you guys can do is to tag us clannish...
HUNU HIARA HIA ..

So you now know ngwa history more than me.... grin cheesy grin wink grin cheesy interesting
For they fact
That you aren't igbo and you ooze ignorance,
Am done schooling you...
Anytime you are man enough
Come to ngwaland
Let's just meet,
Tribal fool
You are so inscured about everything Igbo
So get the Bleep...
Re: Fear Ngwa People In Abia State. by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 20, 2021
Nigercity:

So you now know ngwa history more than me.... grin cheesy grin wink grin cheesy interesting
For they fact
That you aren't igbo and you ooze ignorance,
Am done schooling you...
Anytime you are man enough
Come to ngwaland
Let's just meet,
Tribal fool
You are so inscured about everything Igbo
So get the Bleep...

Out side nairaland I don't engage with tout ..
Re: Fear Ngwa People In Abia State. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 20, 2021
Osagyefo98:

All these trash has it changed the piggery system of living in Aba?

Someone will be living like ezibida and his land filthy like a latrine will still come online and be forming James bond?

Are you okay?

What is so special in all these filth, dirtiness littered everywhere that you are here boasting

What is exactly are you proud of?

Is it the stinking nature of Aba/Abia state or the decayed nature of the already dead Land.

Who will even want to associate with such filthy system of living.

Kataway you...

Ndi ala
What are your people still doing in ABA...
Oh the are developing it...
Yet are unable to attract development to their village...
Re: Fear Ngwa People In Abia State. by aribisala0(m): 2:51pm On Nov 20, 2021
ImembaN:
Let me make this very clear now...
Arochuku people only became recognized and powerful during the TRANS-ATLANTIC slave trade... With the help of the europeans and their LONG JUJU ..
Before then Aro people were neither a treat to Ngwa nor their neighbors...

That you see Aro people in many places today is not because they conquered the place rather it because the real owners of the place sheltered them to avoid them getting extinct... because they were Hunted for their roles in the SLAVE TRADE...

I'm beginning to see how culturally unaware most of you are... especially umu Ohnuhnu...
I'M NOT A NOVICE IN SOUTH EAST PRE COLONIAL HISTORY...
I'm very familiar with Ngwa oral history and I know that it contradict the present day Ngwa history that was wrongfully spread by an Enugu influenced Ngwa man ...
I DON'T KNOW WHO INSTRUCTED HIM TO SAY THOSE THINGS ... EVEN THOUGH I KNOW WHO IT MIGHT BE..
There is no escaping the fact that during the slave trade Aro did not identify as "Igbo" rather they SOLD "igbos" and dominated them

Also the ruling dynasty that reigns in Aro to this day is of Akamkpa/Ibom origins

Thing like the Ekpe society etc are not "Igbo" in origin

1 Like

Re: Fear Ngwa People In Abia State. by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 20, 2021
Nigercity:

Yawns yawns

Dede nne i wrote my comments in Ngwa...
not even the pure Ngwa... because if i write the undiluted Ngwa you won't be able to read talk more of understanding...
Re: Fear Ngwa People In Abia State. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 20, 2021
aribisala0:

There is no escaping the fact that during the slave trade Aro did not identify as "Igbo" rather they SOLD "igbos" and dominated them

Also the ruling dynasty that reigns in Aro to this day is of Akamkpa/Ibom origins

Thing like the Ekpe society etc are not "Igbo" in origin
I'm aware of that...
You should have directed that to the Northern Igbos who new nothing about pre-colonial Abia state and still parade propaganda and news that they knew nothing about nor do they understand.....

Most ARO still don't accept the Igbo tag... You might doubt it...but the are they majority...
who are scared of saying their minds..
If you think the do ...why are they yet to join WORLD IGBO CONGRESS..
Re: Fear Ngwa People In Abia State. by ChinenyeN(m): 3:26pm On Nov 20, 2021
aribisala0:
What do you mean by borderline paranoia. How is it manifested .
It sounds rather nebulous with a danger of misinterpretation or misrepresentation of your thoughts
Whatever it is calling it "borderline" is not illuminating and that can probably be dispensed with? No?

I was trying to be nice to them by simply using the expression “borderline paranoia”, because I wanted to keep my statement clean. But it seems I will have to some additional explanation.

Aribisala0, you’ve been on this platform and seen my posts long enough to know that I am referring to the very same knee-jerk “Igbo bu Igbo” and “Igbo bu otu” reactions from Igbo nationalists. You’ve been on this platform long enough to know that I am referring to the simple fact that even the slightest mention of anyone wanting to happily live their life or have their identity independent of this “Igbo” tag sends these people into a frenzy. That is the borderline paranoia. Aribisala0, you of all people, I shouldn’t have to explain this to. They’ve argued with you too over a million times because of this single subject matter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fear Ngwa People In Abia State. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 20, 2021
Ekealterego:

Don't mind ChinenyeN, she can't even make all these claims before he people. The elders will ex-communicate her. You see how Abaribe acts regarding IPOB and Igbo independence and anything MNK, look no further, that's the reflection of his people.
Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe is just a politician...
he is saying all those things to spit on OUK (Orji Uzo Kalu)...
Ask your self why was he silent all this while until OUK became senator....
Re: Fear Ngwa People In Abia State. by aribisala0(m): 3:47pm On Nov 20, 2021
ChinenyeN:

I was trying to be nice to them by simply using the expression “borderline paranoia”, because I wanted to keep my statement clean. But it seems I will have to some additional explanation.

Aribisala0, you’ve been on this platform and seen my posts long enough to know that I am referring to the very same knee-jerk “Igbo bu Igbo” and “Igbo bu otu” reactions from Igbo nationalists. You’ve been on this platform long enough to know that I am referring to the simple fact that even the slightest mention of anyone wanting to happily live their life or have their identity independent of this “Igbo” tag sends these people into a frenzy. That is the borderline paranoia. Aribisala0, you of all people, I shouldn’t have to explain this to. They’ve argued with you too on over a million times because of this single subject matter.
I have been here long enough to take your views seriously even if I do not always agree with them.

I quarrel with the term paranoia as a descriptive for what can be formulated as difference in opinion with intolerance.
Contemporary Igbo nationalism as partisan as it might be is a legitimate stance that is entitled to feel threatened.
Quite a lot about how nationalities evolve over time is above the head of the average punter and most people tend to see things in concrete terms .
Many of the subtler nuances are too removed, too esoteric and could be seen as self indulgent even . Change, is often painful and in this case biographical deconstruction might be psychologically unbearable and existentially de-validating
We all have to tell ourselves some story about ourselves and invest a lot in that it is natural to expect resistance just like one would see when you try to remove a deity by force.
It might help to see things in those terms
Large nations are often formed by the coalescence of groups that share a LINGUA FRANCA and later a common ancestry narrative is then superimposed by fiat or blood.
There is nothing new there . Now even in Nigeria there are good examples
Re: Fear Ngwa People In Abia State. by ChinenyeN(m): 4:19pm On Nov 20, 2021
aribisala0:
I have been here long enough to take your views seriously even if I do not always agree with them.

I quarrel with the term paranoia as a descriptive for what can be formulated as difference in opinion with intolerance.
Contemporary Igbo nationalism as partisan as it might be is a legitimate stance that is entitled to feel threatened.
Quite a lot about how nationalities evolve over time is above the head of the average punter and most people tend to see things in concrete terms .
Many of the subtler nuances are too removed, too esoteric and could be seen as self indulgent even . Change, is often painful and in this case biographical deconstruction might be psychologically unbearable and existentially de-validating
We all have to tell ourselves some story about ourselves and invest a lot in that it is natural to expect resistance just like one would see when you try to remove a deity by force.
It might help to see things in those terms
Large nations are often formed by the coalescence of groups that share a LINGUA FRANCA and later a common ancestry narrative is then superimposed by fiat or blood.
There is nothing new there . Now even in Nigeria there are good examples

Honestly, this submission here is good. It is true that there is nothing new about the sort of back and occurring between those in Camp A (self-determination) and Camp B (Igbo nationalism). It should also be noted though that I do understand the fact that Camp B is a legitimate stance. After all, I did say I find their stance warranted, so I can respect its legitimacy. Anyhow, in light of your submission, I can understand your quarrel with using the expression "borderline paranoia". Perhaps I was being overly insensitive (while thinking I was trying to be nice). Perhaps I might desist from using the expression. It's as I explained a little earlier to Ekealterego, we simply don't want the same things for the region. I guess I can continue to oppose them comfortably with this thought rather than framing is as a knee-jerk "Igbo bu Igbo" or "Igbo bu otu" or "borderline paranoia" reaction.

Nawa, after all this time, who would have thought it would be you that would somewhat convince me to consider partially easing my foot off of the neck of Igbo nationalists.
Re: Fear Ngwa People In Abia State. by aribisala0(m): 7:21pm On Nov 20, 2021
ChinenyeN:

Nawa, after all this time, who would have thought it would be you that would somewhat convince me to consider partially easing my foot off of the neck of Igbo nationalists.
Haha

Let me indulge myself by quoting Ifa and apologies to those whom my amateur translation might offend

Virtue wears strange clothes
Life is multifarious and strange
Wisdom sleeps on the gums of infants
Fortunate is he who is patient
He will witness
the loosening of infant tongue
There is strife in the Unseen
Long before we behold any blood

1 Like

Re: Fear Ngwa People In Abia State. by aljharem(m): 8:28pm On Nov 20, 2021
ChinenyeN:

Enyi, as we say in Ngwa, o nogbala odo ahu. It has been a long time indeed. How body?

Very well ooo my brother. I don miss una

1 Like

Re: Fear Ngwa People In Abia State. by shantti(m): 11:17pm On Nov 20, 2021
Nigercity:
check comments of people on the thread! Check the o.p and his previous post, check the useless guy who resurrected this thread iMembaN or whatever his called, (him and the o.p are typically anti Igbo) in as much as most anambra are too discriminative towards the igbo call, yet the can't get this low (just like when you have a kid sis, thats insultive.. you wouldn't kill her)... infact Ebonyi nd Enugu (wawa) people suffers more than ngwa people on this particular stuff

Common bro I respect you alot on this platform, don't tell me you too are falling for this shit, the guy who resurrected this post has been running around on Nairaland claiming ngwa posting thrash, trying so hard start an imaginary war with him and himself alone,. Check his previous post nd see the rubbish he has been doing
Cc @ glacswhite

You can imagine their audacity, like they expect us to beg them to become igbos once again. Lol, what does an ngwa man has to offer the Igbo nation that he is threatening to split away. If you feel that you are subjected to hatred from other groups, you simply prove them wrong with your attitude, use your attitude to prove to them that you are not lazy or wicked, this threat by u guys about splitting away is irritating me, if u want to split, follow the due process and split no one is begging u.
One person up here even commented about ngwa joining akwa ibom and Calabar, lol, I saw what the person did there, u want access to sea right, so u want to align with Calabar and akwa ibom, u think they will welcome u and give you access to sea, that funny, continue waiting for them like they need u. why can't u become an independent nation. Why r u looking for who to align with lol.
I hate it when people play the victims mentality. Who told u every one hate u.
I am from Enugu, udi precisely, non enugu call us Wawa in a derogatory fashion, they said that we and nsukka people are not pure igbos, they said our dialect is strange. Someone even told me that our traditions are almost non igbotic, that we use odo instead of mmanwu as masquerades, that mmanwu aligns more igbotically that odo. Do u see us playing the victims card about how the whole world hates us, no, why, because we know who we are, we are bona fide igbos, irrespective of people's opinions, we don't go about with the threat of splitting out of igbo.

Imagine that u as an ngwa man is doing business in Kano, and suddenly, a riot ensues, hausas start to kill all the igbos in kano, now instead of you to leave ur shop and run away, u decide to continue ur business because according to you, u are not an Igbo man.
Now the assailants gets to ur shop with matchets, clubs and guns and asks u to identify urself. With pride in your voice and with your shoulders held high in the air, you tell them that u are not Igbo that u are an ngwa man from abia state, that ngwa is not igbo. I will leave the completion of the story to ur imagination. The same thing goes to an ikwerre man and Delta igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Fear Ngwa People In Abia State. by shantti(m): 11:38pm On Nov 20, 2021
ChinenyeN:

Ngwa has generally viewed Igbo with suspicion from the start. People think the sentiment has disappeared just because everyone is trying to live their life. But truly, I wouldn’t be surprised if the sentiment becomes more openly expressed and grows to the levels where it was at in the 1920s. Simply because as things continue to be more unstable in Nigeria, those who shout “Igbo identity is non-negotiable” and insist on forcing that ideology will only end up making many other communities besides Ngwa standoffish.

You’re actually not far off from the mark. This is what Ngwa people wanted and petitioned the British for on numerous occasions as early as 1910 up to the 1940s. Truly, if the request had been granted then, the story now would have been rather different.

Nnah, we are not dragging it with u, you people can split off and become a different ethnic group. We are not holding you back. I dont see the essence of you arguing here on nairaland, like u have to convince us first before u can split. We give u the go ahead, SPLIT OFF PLEASE

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Protests Rock Kano, Kaduna, Katsina, Bauchi, Niger Over Insecurity / EFCC In Benue Intercept Bags Of Cash Meant For Vote-buying - Photos / Nigeria's Presidential Candidates And Their Corruption Allegations - Bloomberg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.