Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,987 members, 7,835,314 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria (89140 Views)

The World's Most Educated President Is An African. Find Out Who The Person Is / Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? / Imo State Is the Most Educated State In Nigeria......... But (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by 02A02A02(m): 2:50pm On Nov 22, 2013
Ogun for sure
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by bongabiz(m): 2:12am On Sep 07, 2014
The difference in the passing rates by state is most likely due to the culture and degree of investment in education, not because a tribe is 'better'.

If you feel otherwise, then you probably also have to accept that your tribe/race is not as good as people from other countries, such as Britain, Russia where the education standard is higher. #JustSaying.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Rexnegro(m): 2:39am On Sep 07, 2014
For education ? All SW states better other regions...

For spare parts bizness ? All SE states better all other region ( infact no competition in it )

For poverty level ? Twale for the north ...they lead
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Ndipe(m): 4:10am On Nov 13, 2014
Living in Nigeria, I think it was either Ondo or Ogun state that was regarded as the state with the most educated populace, thanks to Awo's vision in establishing free education in the western part of Nigeria.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Beanwalker20(m): 12:10pm On Aug 29, 2015
aljharem:
Jmaine sorry that I did not respond to your comment. I knew this thread was going to be hijacked.

@ Adejoro aka Nchara and Bashr4 etc

State is different from ethnicity lets get our facts right here. For all I care OAU might have all Igbo student but the quality again is way higher than many Nigerian universities.

You two are quick to talk about Yoruba down fall, free education this, Igbos have beaten the yoruba etc and all other childish remarks. I am not looking at it from that point of view. I am look at it in terms of standard of education, employment rate of each university and the great professionals those universities have churn out on a yearly bases.

Tell me how many big successive men Nsukka have produced compare to the ones I listed.

The truth is that Nigeria universities are not up to standard but reality remains those universities I alj harem picked are still the best in Nigeria.

Yes if they are, it would directly correlate to the state in which those universities are to be the most educated.

Most educated is not in terms of number of graduates alone but also in terms of quality education which those state/schools have.

If we now move down to Secondary schools, you would find out that those states have the best public and private secondary schools in Nigeria. Especially Lagos quote me anyday.

If it is poly's as well, Ogun has the best poly in Nigeria which is the Agricultural poly in Abeokuta of which other countries send their people to.

http://www.webometrics.info/top100_continent.asp?cont=africa

Presently the State has 2,004 public schools, 971 private nursery/primary schools, 969 public secondary schools including 7 schools of Science and 57 private secondary schools. Also in the State, there are five government technical colleges at Oyo, Ogbomoso, Ibadan, Saki and Igbo-Ora with enrolment of 2,829 students in the 2000/2001 academic session.

Historically prominent secondary schools include St Anne's School Ibadan (1896), Wesley College (1905), Ibadan Grammar School (1913), Government College Ibadan (1927), St Theresa's College Ibadan (1932), Ibadan Boys' High School (1938), Olivet Heights Oyo (1945), Queens School Ibadan (1952), Loyola College Ibadan (1954), St. Bernadine's Oyo (1957), St Patrick's Grammar School Ibadan (1962) and several others. It's also home to Africa's leading fountain of knowledge, the iconic University of Ibadan (The University was originally instituted as an independent external college of the University of London, then it was called the University College, Ibadan[7]).

Two new technical colleges located at Ado-Awaye, Iseyin Local Government area and Ikija in Oluyole Local Government area were established in the 2001/2002 academic session. A college of education, Oyo State College of Education, Oyo. There is a Polytechnic, The Polytechnic, Ibadan, with 2 satellite campuses at Eruwa and Saki, and a State-owned University, The Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH), Ogbomoso which is jointly owned by Oyo and Osun State Governments. The federal premier university The University of Ibadan, is also located in State capital. There is a vocational Institute in Saki West Local Government named: The Kings Poly, Saki. with the address: www.thekingspoly.com.

There are also the Federal College Education (Special), Oyo, the Federal School of Surveying, Oyo; Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria (CRIN), Agricultural Institute for Research and Training (AIR&T), the Nigerian Institute of Science Laboratory Technology (NISLT), the Federal School of Forestry and the Nigeria Institute for Social and Economic Research (NISER), all in Ibadan.

Similarly, there are 15 Nomadic schools in the State. They are Gaa Jooro and Gaa Baale, both in Kisi (Irepo Local Government); Baochilu Government; Arin-Oye, Abiogun, Okaka and Baba-Ode (Itesiwaju Local Government); Iganna (Iwajowa Local Government); Igangan and Ayete (Ibarapa North Local Government Gaa Kondo and Igbo-Ora, Ibarapa Central Local Government) and Sepeteri (Saki East Local Government). There are 213 continuing education centres spread all over the State.

15 special primary schools and 8 special units in secondary schools cater for handicapped children. There are 11,732 teaching staff in the state public secondary schools and 2,789 non-teaching staff.

The Agency for Adult and Non-formal Education (AANFE) caters for illiterate adults who had no opportunity of formal education. The agency has 455 classes in existence in the 33 Local Government areas of the State, while 200,000 illiterate adults and over 80,000 post-illiterate adults have been trained recently.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by birimambiri: 2:58pm On Sep 28, 2016
It saddens me that majority of Nigerians are still groping in the darkness of lies and falsehood the cabals of the civil war institutionalized. This is why these cabals are still enjoying the spoils of the war till date. By the time they go, their children take over because the ordinary Nigerian people are still counting how many aeroplanes that fly across the sky. You know what? . These cabals systematically removed history from our educational curriculum in the 70s, killed research institutions, brainwashed the majority with filth and lies, and finally sowed the seed of discord amongst Nigerians. Just look at the way we are casting one another down over issues that requires only history, research and statistics to buttress them. Why can't somebody drop by to dig into archives and statistics to get all his/her facts before he/she comes out here to argue blindly? Its funny when people ride on the falsehood of silly fabrications, just like the ones Femi Kayode dished out recently. I know that a lot of people, especially his kingsmen Could bet their lives on his unfounded calculations and assumptions. I am from the Igbo extraction, I know for sure, that the igbos are well educated just like the yorubas, then other tribes follows. Before the civil war, the igbos were virtually at the helm of affairs in all sectors. Why was that? Because, they embraced western education way back then. However, they suffered a major set back after the war but have re-emerged to take their place in the league of nations. The issue of who is the most educated to me is just so so funny. What I do is very simple, I laugh off such frivolities whenever they pop up because I know where it is coming from. I stand to be corrected. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Emeka Ihedioha & Hope Uzodinma Throw A Party After Ending Okorocha's Dynasty / Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 / COVID-19: Buhari Approves Recruitment Of 774,000 Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.