Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria (89112 Views)

The World's Most Educated President Is An African. Find Out Who The Person Is / Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? / Imo State Is the Most Educated State In Nigeria......... But (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by hardywaltz(m): 12:08am On Apr 30, 2012
alj harem: University ranking Nigeria

1 University of Ibadan
Ibadan
2 University of Benin
Ugbowo ...
3 University of Lagos
Lagos
4 University of Ilorin
Ilorin
5 Obafemi Awolowo University
Ile-Ife
6 Ahmadu Bello University
Zaria

7 University of Jos
Jos
8 University of Port Harcourt
Port Harcourt
9 Federal University, Oye-Ekiti
Oye
10 Lagos State University
Ojo
11 University of Nigeria
Nsukka ...
12 Covenant University
Ota
13 Federal University of Technology, Akure
Akure
14 Nnamdi Azikiwe University
Awka ...
15 Federal University of Technology, Minna
Minna
16 Ladoke Akintola University of Technology
Ogbomoso ...
17 Babcock University
Ilisan-Remo ...
18 Bayero University Kano
Kano
19 Ambrose Alli University
Ekpoma
20 Usmanu Danfodio University
Sokoto
21 Joseph Ayo Babalola University
Ikeji-Arakeji
22 University of Uyo
Uyo
23 Bowen University
Iwo
24 Benson Idahosa University
Benin City
25 Redeemer's University
Mowe
26 Pan African University
Lagos
27 Rivers State University of Science and Technology
Port Harcourt
28 University of Agriculture, Abeokuta
Abeokuta ...
29 Niger Delta University
Wilberforce Island Yenagoa
30 Federal University of Technology, Owerri
Owerri
31 Osun State University
Oshogbo ...
32 Delta State University, Abraka
Abraka
33 University of Ado-Ekiti
Ado-Ekiti
34 Enugu State University of Science and Technology
Enugu
35 Nigerian Turkish Nile University
Abuja
36 American University of Nigeria
Yola
37 University of Maiduguri
Maiduguri
38 University of Calabar
Calabar
39 University of Abuja
Abuja
40 University of Agriculture, Makurdi
Makurdi
41 Afe Babalola University
Ado-Ekiti
42 Tai Solarin University of Education
Ijebu-Ode ...
43 Kogi State University
Anyigba
44 Michael Okpara University of Agriculture
Umuahia
45 Abia State University
Uturu
46 Imo State University
Owerri
47 Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University
Bauchi
48 Caleb University
Imota
49 Adekunle Ajasin University
Akungba Akoko ...
50 African University of Science and Technology
Abuja
51 Lead City University
Ibadan
52 Kwara State University
Ilorin
53 Igbinedion University Okada
Okada ...
54 Crawford University
Igbesa
55 Ajayi Crowther University
Oyo Town
56 Bells University of Technology
Ota
57 Veritas University
Abuja
58 Kaduna State University
Kaduna
59 Anambra State University
Uli
60 Achievers University
Owo
61 Bingham University
Auta Balifi
62 Wukari Jubilee University
Wukari
63 Renaissance University
Enugu
64 University of Mkar
Mkar
65 Obong University
Obong Ntak
66 Umaru Musa Yar'Adua University
Katsina
67 Salem University
Lokoja
68 Federal University, Otuoke
Otuoke
69 Plateau State University
Bokkos
70 Landmark University
Omu-Aran
71 Baze University
Abuja
72 Federal University, Ndufu-Alike
Ndufu-Alike
73 Modibbo Adama University of Technology
Yola
74 Madonna University
Okija
75 Al Hikmah University
Ilorin
76 Caritas University
Enugu
77 Western Delta University
Oghara
78 Federal University, Dutse
Dutse
79 Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University
Lapai
80 Oduduwa University
Ile Ife
81 Ondo State University of Science & Technology
Okitipupa
82 Fountain University
Oshogbo
83 Ekiti State University
Ifaki ...
84 Federal University of Petroleum Resources
Effurun
85 Kebbi State University of Science and Technology
Aliero
86 Adeleke University
Ede
87 Federal University, Wukari
Wukari
88 Benue State University
Makurdi
89 Novena University
Ogume
90 Samuel Adegboyega University
Ogwa
91 Godfrey Okoye University
Ugwuomu-Nike
92 Wesley University of Science and Technology
Ondo City
93 Adamawa State University
Mubi
94 Federal University, Dutsin-Ma
Dutsin-Ma
95 Wellspring University
Benin City
96 Paul University
Awka
97 Ebonyi State University
Abakaliki
98 Kano State University of Technology
Wudil
99 Bukar Abba Ibrahim University
Damaturu
100 Taraba State University
Jalingo
101 Tansian University
Umunya ...
102 Rhema University
Obeama-Asa
103 Akwa Ibom State University
Uyo
104 Nasarawa State University
Keffi
105 Federal University, Lokoja
Lokoja
106 Federal University, Lafia
Lafia
107 Federal University, Kashere
Kashere

http://www.4icu.org/ng/

Alj harem lets take a look at this instead, i copied it from an earlier tread when jamb results were released.

JAMB Enrollment (by state of Origin)

Topmost Enrollment

Imo- 123, 865
Delta- 88,876
Anambra- 84,204
Osun- 73, 935
Oyo- 71, 272
Ogun- 71, 173

Lowest Enrollment

Jigawa- 11, 529
Kebbi- 7, 364
Yobe- 6, 389
Zamfara- 5, 713
Sokoto, 5,664
FCT 3, 380

Preferred University (by ranking)

UNILAG 83, 865
Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka -82,148
University of Benin- 80,048
University of Nigeria, Nsukka, UNN -79, 398
UNILORIN -76,276

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/03/only-3-score-over-300-as-jamb-releases-results/

2 Likes

Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Areosapien(f): 12:08am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:
Ohakim was rigged in the first time but Okorocha rigged him out the second time around.

LMAO!
"You riggi me, I riggi you!"

grin
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 12:09am On Apr 30, 2012
The ranking is fluid and changes from year to year
Here http://www.webometrics.info/top100_continent.asp?cont=africa

UNN was # three in Nigeria and universities in lowly countries such as Sudan and Uganda beat all of Naija's unis.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by slimderek(m): 12:12am On Apr 30, 2012
In Imo Students are Paid monthly...
We all know that can boost the literacy rate in the state....
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:13am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74: The ranking is fluid and changes from year to year
UNN was # three in Nigeria and universities in lowly countries such as Sudan and Uganda beat all of Naija's unis.

You're not yoruba, why use a yoruba name on this forum?
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by ekwynwa: 12:13am On Apr 30, 2012
shymmex: What have you guys achieved with your education?? Nothing!!!!

**Spits on the thread and walks away**

what ve you achieved with yours?
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by slimderek(m): 12:13am On Apr 30, 2012
@hardywaltz
Must u quote that long list?
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 12:14am On Apr 30, 2012
arole_odua1:

You're not yoruba, why use a yoruba name on this forum?

You need to kill yourself, mumu.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by jmaine: 12:14am On Apr 30, 2012
alj harem:

My brother not at all grin. Imo state is quite high. This is stats I viewed myself, Imo state university is not bad either which I have never down graded. I am not sure of Anambra. You did not even talk of Enugu or Uniport.

I no mention Enugu or Port cos i even left calabar out . .Unical sef dey rock and my Igbo brothers get the second highest population for there . . . Nnamdi Azikiwe university follow tight sef . . . me no wan go far but to dispel the Osun myth . . .We wey go serve for Osun, saw a lot of myth squashed . . .more surprised were the Igbo folks cos they came to Osun state with high ratings as per the legendary Yoruba Acada sophistication and what they saw was quite alarming . . .well which part of Naija wey no get mess ups . .especially in the remote areas cheesy . .
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by hardywaltz(m): 12:15am On Apr 30, 2012
slimderek: In Imo Students are Paid monthly...
Imo has been on top for the past 30 years, try harder!

1 Like

Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 12:15am On Apr 30, 2012
When did they start getting paid? Imo has been the most educated since eon.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by SailorXY: 12:15am On Apr 30, 2012
In Imo Students are Paid monthly...
xo what's ur point?
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 12:16am On Apr 30, 2012
SailorXY:
i graduated in 2009, schooled in FUTO Imo state, a native of Imo State, i didn't get a dime all my years in the Uni... xo what's ur point?

The guy you responded to is an ignoramus, or at best clutching at straw.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by gina29: 12:17am On Apr 30, 2012
Even the blind knows ondo has it...Ghani Fawehinmi is a proof, even Phili Emegwali was born in dis notable state. Education is all we've got, we dont know to steal or do any fraud.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:17am On Apr 30, 2012
An educated populace is the air modern civilization breaths.

Imolites, the hard work continue. By the time Rochas is done with the scholarship and free education programme, we will attain 1000% literacy rate cheesy.

IMSU is under major overhaul, can't wait for it to be ranked in 5years time.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by slimderek(m): 12:17am On Apr 30, 2012
shymmex: shymmex: What have you guys achieved with your education?? Nothing!!!! **Spits on the thread and walks away**
Funny dude...
Who asked u 2 comment here in d 1st place
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by bashr8: 12:17am On Apr 30, 2012
alj harem: If the quality of education is that high, why don't people go to those states for their university admin ? The universities and states people go to of which I know of are

1. ABU (Kaduna)

2. OAU (Osun)

3. Unilag (Lagos)

4. Uniben (Edo)

5. IMO state uni (Imo)

6. Uniport (Rivers)

7. University of Ibadan (Oyo)

Maybe people can prove me wrong
your smater than this, all nigerian universities even mushroom universities are filled to the brim hence federal govt is trying to build more and encouraging private ones, stop this siliness man , who told you people want to go to those schools. damm
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:18am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:
Ohakim was rigged in the first time but Okorocha rigged him out the second time around.

^^^So you have incontrovertible proof that Okorochas' victory was as a result of him 'out-rigging' Ohakim, and not as a result of the support of a large percentage of the Imo electorate on the day?
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 12:18am On Apr 30, 2012
jmaine:

I no mention Enugu or Port cos i even left calabar out . .Unical sef dey rock and my Igbo brothers get the second highest population for there . . . Nnamdi Azikiwe university follow tight sef . . . me no wan go far but to dispel the Osun myth . . .We wey go serve for Osun, saw a lot of myth squashed . . .more surprised were the Igbo folks cos they came to Osun state with high ratings as per the legendary Yoruba Acada sophistication and what they saw was quite alarming . . .well which part of Naija wey no get mess ups . .especially in the remote areas cheesy . .

A good # of the students in Osun are not even Osun indigenes. Many are Easterners as are other Yoruba states.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by ekwynwa: 12:19am On Apr 30, 2012
alj harem: I am not planning to drag this on but people ask yourself these questions

We have universities all over Nigeria and at least 2 in each state, some 5 universities

So here is the question, Why do people always try to apply to OAU (Osun), Unilag (Lagos), Uniben(Edo) ABU(kaduna)

Why since each state has their own universities.

My brothers it is Quality and not Quantity.

confused mallam, what of UNN. OLODO

Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by bashr8: 12:19am On Apr 30, 2012
and yorubas had the so called free education like you claimed why didnt it boost them.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 12:20am On Apr 30, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^So you have incontrovertible proof that Okorochas' victory was as a result of him 'out-rigging' Ohakim, and not as a result of the support of a large percentage of the Imo electorate on the day?

Stop making this about Okorocha. Every fool in Naija knows elections are rigged by all parties involved. The best rigger carries the day.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by slimderek(m): 12:20am On Apr 30, 2012
SailorXY:
i graduated in 2009, schooled in FUTO Imo state, a native of Imo State, i didn't get a dime all my years in the Uni... xo what's ur point?
It started recently with the election oF Rochas
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:22am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:

You need to kill yourself, mumu.

Okoro ajeokuta mamumi abeg go meet oju-iku for him grave and change your name, oloshi.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Obiagu1(m): 12:25am On Apr 30, 2012
@ Chameleon, it seems you've bookmarked every post you intend to use in your warped argument.

The only thing I want to add is that some people will continue to bask in the ancient glory of Western free education until they found themselves head to head with the Northern region.
From every indication, it'll probably take a decade or two!
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:25am On Apr 30, 2012
ekwy nwa:

what ve you achieved with yours?

I'm trying to achieve you, and teach you how to dougie. wink kiss

Ekwy_nwa, my dearest omalicha nma. grin
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:27am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74: The ranking is fluid and changes from year to year

^^^UniBen ranked higher than Uni' of Ghana. That's interesting, given all the talk of Ghana being better than Nigeria in education shocked.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 12:29am On Apr 30, 2012
arole_odua1:

Okoro ajeokuta mamumi abeg go meet oju-iku for him grave and change your name, oloshi.

Yoruba ofe mmanu go and commit suicide like Awolowo or fall from the sky like your stupid Oduduwa.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:30am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:

Stop making this about Okorocha. Every fool in Naija knows elections are rigged by all parties involved. The best rigger carries the day.

^^^Well you may be a 'fool' but i'm not. So i guess we can agree to disagree. Shikena smiley.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by gbogboti: 12:32am On Apr 30, 2012
PapaBrowne: Imo Delta Anambra and Edo state are by far the most educationally inclined states in the country.

The statistics from JAMB speaks a lot!

I always had this wrong impression that south west states were leading the pack, but after seeing statistics upon statistics, I had to change my perceptions

I feel u. They have the Punch newspaper so don't be surprise. They know how to make plenty noise about whatever they do. Be it small or great. You think all the First class and 2.1 they litter about were all merited? Lie! This is the secret, they have made all Nigerians believed that they are the most educated. Hence, claim they are the most intelligent. So when they release 200 first class and 3500 2.1 from a single graduating set, you won't question them. Its also a way of watering the soil for them in the labour market. So bro, all na sense and psychology. Is just like the North making you believe that the are more in number compare to any other region in naija. So when they say " we are greater in number" on a census scale you will think twice when u want to question them. All na make believe. I work with quite a number of 2.1 from the South-West. I swear, I go just dey wonder how them carry make their 2.1? But "since them be Yoruba", its OK. Na dem go school and know book pass.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:33am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:

Yoruba ofe mmanu go and commit suicide like Awolowo or fall from the sky like your stupid Oduduwa.

nyamiri oloriburuku, abeg use your papa name. oju-iku wuru wuru go dey roll for him grave cos of this.. omo-ibo olori nla, epo pupa garri isobo.

1 Like

Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by bashr8: 12:36am On Apr 30, 2012
gbogboti:

I feel u. They have the Punch newspaper so don't be surprise. They know how to make plenty noise about whatever they do. Be it small or great. You think all the First class and 2.1 they litter about were all merited? Lie! This is the. Secret, they have made all Nigerians believed that they are the most educated. Hence, claim they are the most intelligent. So when they release 200 first class and 3500 2.1 from a single graduating set, you won't question them. So also, they are making a way for them in the labour market. So bro, all na sense and psychology. Is just like the North making you believe that the are more in number compare to any other region in naija. So when they are we are greater in number on a census scale you will think twice when u want to question them. All na make believe. I work with quite a number of 2.1 from the South-West. I swear, I go just dey wonder how them carry make their 2.1? But "since them be Yoruba", its OK. Na dem go school and know book pass.
they can only fool people with it in lagos and maybe other yoruba states, here in the east nobody cares,
igbo women get upper hand then others have to hursle their way tru whether you igbo, white , yoruba asian, nobody gives a damn where your from and what school you attended thats why yorubas dont make it in the east despite their population here cus no room for wuru wuru and manipulations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Emeka Ihedioha & Hope Uzodinma Throw A Party After Ending Okorocha's Dynasty / Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 / COVID-19: Buhari Approves Recruitment Of 774,000 Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.