Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,130 members, 7,852,843 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:00 AM

Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria (89318 Views)

The World's Most Educated President Is An African. Find Out Who The Person Is / Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? / Imo State Is the Most Educated State In Nigeria......... But (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by seenoevil1: 4:20pm On Apr 30, 2012
[size=14pt]
Okija_juju: 9 Things You didnt know about the MOST LOCALLY EDUCATED STATE in Nigeria . . . EKITI STATE

1. EKITI is the second poorest State in Nigeria - Commisioner - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-722942.0.html

2. Woman delivers FROG baby in Ekiti State - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-735988.0.html

3. Illicit Drug Comsumption on the rise in Ekiti - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-700674.0.html

4. Pedophelia Epidemic overruns EKiti State -https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-682478.0.html

5. 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected in Ekiti State - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-789802.0.html

6. Ekiti shuts down Brothel near school - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-795581.0.html

7. NDLEA bust drug Cartel in Ekiti - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-753741.0.html

8. Yam eating responsible for multiple births in Ekiti State - Gov. Wife - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-688489.0.html

9. Bush People of Ekiti kill over Federal University- https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-603080.0.html

[/size]

Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by bcomputer101: 4:31pm On Apr 30, 2012
Desola: Imo? Anambra? Are we talking education in spare part dealership or cocaine courier, here?
[/color][color=#006600]Seconded!!! maybe he wanna ask which state kidnap pass!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 4:34pm On Apr 30, 2012
bcomputer101: [/color][color=#006600]Seconded!!! maybe he wanna ask which state kidnap pass!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Or which state do motor park agbero or kill themselves pass.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by wrecksfurd(m): 4:34pm On Apr 30, 2012
This thread shouldn't have existed. I don't think the literacy stats of each state in Nigeria can be 100% accurate.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 4:36pm On Apr 30, 2012
alj harem:

Yes sir Igbos have passed the yoruba. Happy ?

Again please and please yorubas are NOT IN ANY COMPETITION WITH IGBOS. Thanks grin grin grin Na wa for these people o !

Iro. Yorubas always want to compete with Igbos instead of doing so with their almajiri brothers up North. I hope now you can rest.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 4:36pm On Apr 30, 2012
wrecksfurd: This thread shouldn't have existed. I don't think the literacy stats of each state in Nigeria can be 100% accurate.

Bring the one you have make we see.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by chucky234(m): 4:37pm On Apr 30, 2012
alj harem: smiley

Bro, in Nigeria state of origin can be changed as you like. How many SEerners have I seen claiming to be from Delta or Edo ?

How many SWerner claiming to be indigenes in Kwara or Niger state. It is a petty difficult thing to assess. As a poster rightly said, some many SW claim to be hausa or Nupe so as to get scholarships in ABU. Thus they have changed their state of origin haven't they ?

Guy talk like a literate being nah,why you dey yan like literate-illiterate nah
Just hear yourself!!!
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by wrecksfurd(m): 4:40pm On Apr 30, 2012
chucky234:
Guy talk like a literate being nah,why you dey yan like literate-illiterate nah
Just hear yourself!!!

LWKMD!! :-D
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by wrecksfurd(m): 4:42pm On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:

Bring the one you have make we see.

I never said I had any proof to backup my claim!
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by glokham: 4:43pm On Apr 30, 2012
IMO STATE,
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by aljharem(m): 4:49pm On Apr 30, 2012
seriouly you Igbo people are a funny set of people grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin

Goodluck with you all smiley
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by 2good(m): 4:55pm On Apr 30, 2012
Why do most people in Nigeria and Africa entirely spend more time insulting other African tribes rather than thinking of how to solve the common black man's problem which is its inability to develop as a race? It is really sickening so see people of thesame skin colour with me doing nothing but throwing tribal insult at one another like they're in anyway superior instead of cooperating to solve a common problem.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by meetmeonline: 5:10pm On Apr 30, 2012
FOREWORD

You are most warmly welcomed to the Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Ibadan. I do hope you will avail yourselves of all that the Faculty and indeed the University of Ibadan, Nigeria’s premier university, have to offer. Our vision in the Faculty is to provide an all- rounded and high quality education that will ensure that we produce highly competent graduates with the correct professional attitudes and skills who are able to take their place and contribute their quota in a dynamic global knowledge-driven economy and health care delivery system. Our guiding philosophy has ensured that over the nearly 30 years of existence as a Faculty, we have produced highly rated graduates who are contributing their quota all over the world as captains of industry, leaders in community pharmacy practice, academia and other sectors of the economy.

The Faculty of Pharmacy is endowed with some of the best minds in pharmaceutical education in terms of training and exposure. It is committed to providing an enabling environment for teaching and learning, quality services to the community as well as engaging in cutting edge research in all areas of pharmaceutical sciences. Research activities have in the main focused on drug discovery and development from nature, development of local raw materials for the pharmaceutical industry, quality control and quality assurance of pharmaceuticals as well as optimization and rational drug use in patient care.

The Faculty library has recently been expanded and equipped with latest editions of reference materials as well as internet facilities which members of the Faculty are encouraged to visit from time to time in addition to the main University library. The Faculty operates an Academic Advisory System where each student is attached to an academic staff who serves as “locus parentis” and who can be reached in the first instance in case of any concerns or complaints.

Once again, you are welcomed to the Faculty of Pharmacy.

Prof J O Moody

Dean, Faculty of Pharmacy

[size=13pt]Fellow Nairalanders, I culled this from the Pharmacy link in the website of the University you called the best in Nigeria. If you know this Professor, kindly tell him to erase this from his homepage and write what's meaningful enough.

It is either he does not know the meaning of the word "cutting edge" or he is only telling lies on his website. Why should he write that the University engaged in cutting edge research in pharmacy when India that cannot even boast of a successful Nano-medical research supplies their drug formula to even the same university's teaching hospital

It is a shame and yet this is what they blow their student's head with "they are the best". I just cannot phantom where one of the best faculty by far (as they call it) will have internet facilities only recently installed and yet the staff is even "encouraged" to use it "not always oh" but "from time to time" (refer to above).

I do not mean to debunk any school but to plead that all students, staff and even old students do not boast but ask inward if you (the individual) are that best and not your school that is only sitting miles away. I graduated from the most poorly rated school but a graduate of one of the big universities in the west (with a CGPA higher than mine) was (after much fumbling) asked to copy and follow my report format for CDS projects during NYSC...why was he not better by far on ordinary report writing?

People should learn to talk for themselves and not a state, tribe or even school...When you sit for a test, it is your person writing and not OAU, UNILAG or EKITI STATE. I run a package just few miles from OAU and sometimes forced to look for an interpreter of even pidgin to break the Yoruba barrier but yet you see her natives and supporters bragging of over-education on Nairaland. If a school that has existed in an area for nearly 50 years still has people around that cannot speak in English then what are the basis of your boast?

I may have written for the south-east in my last reply but I know deeply our educational standards are heading downwards here in Nigeria

There is no better educated university or state in Nigeria the only difference is how the local authorities/handlers have organised the affairs/operations of these institutions/communities and how the learning individuals involved (not tribe) have embraced education.

Do not forget the Cars, PDAs, touch-screens and medicines we enjoy today and learn in our schools are findings from peoples projects and inventions...Where are the inventions from your OAU's, UI's, ABUs and even UNN's?
[/size]
[size=16pt]SORRY!!![/size]
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 30, 2012
Ekiti state. . . . even Obama approves.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 5:25pm On Apr 30, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Ekiti state. . . . even Obama approves.

Losers.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by emmatok(m): 5:33pm On Apr 30, 2012
LOL,

Look at them claiming I am EDUCATED THAN YOU, yet they-wallow in bigotry and tribalism.

Nigerians just love competing over noting.

I better pas you my foot.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 5:54pm On Apr 30, 2012
emmatok: LOL,

Look at them claiming I am EDUCATED THAN YOU, yet they-wallow in bigotry and tribalism.

Nigerians just love competing over noting.

I better pas you my foot.

Awolowo was educated and was a bigot
James Watson, the co-founder of the DNA was educated and was a bigot
Many Republicans are educated but are bigots
There is no correlation between education and bigotry.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by polokor60(m): 5:55pm On Apr 30, 2012
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by polokor60(m): 5:58pm On Apr 30, 2012
i give it to delta state because the itsekiris are the most educated folks(ethnic group) in nigeria.#facts cool
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by ak47mann(m): 6:09pm On Apr 30, 2012
Education for responsibility cool cool cool
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by uzoexcel(m): 6:38pm On Apr 30, 2012
Desola: Imo? Anambra? Are we talking education in spare part dealership or cocaine courier, here?
very stupid & daft response....plz grow up shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by uzoexcel(m): 6:47pm On Apr 30, 2012
alj harem: University ranking Nigeria

1 University of Ibadan
Ibadan
2 University of Benin
Ugbowo ...
3 University of Lagos
Lagos
4 University of Ilorin
Ilorin
5 Obafemi Awolowo University
Ile-Ife
6 Ahmadu Bello University
Zaria

7 University of Jos
Jos
8 University of Port Harcourt
Port Harcourt
9 Federal University, Oye-Ekiti
Oye
10 Lagos State University
Ojo
11 University of Nigeria
Nsukka ...
12 Covenant University
Ota
13 Federal University of Technology, Akure
Akure
14 Nnamdi Azikiwe University
Awka ...
15 Federal University of Technology, Minna
Minna
16 Ladoke Akintola University of Technology
Ogbomoso ...
17 Babcock University
Ilisan-Remo ...
18 Bayero University Kano
Kano
19 Ambrose Alli University
Ekpoma
20 Usmanu Danfodio University
Sokoto
21 Joseph Ayo Babalola University
Ikeji-Arakeji
22 University of Uyo
Uyo
23 Bowen University
Iwo
24 Benson Idahosa University
Benin City
25 Redeemer's University
Mowe
26 Pan African University
Lagos
27 Rivers State University of Science and Technology
Port Harcourt
28 University of Agriculture, Abeokuta
Abeokuta ...
29 Niger Delta University
Wilberforce Island Yenagoa
30 Federal University of Technology, Owerri
Owerri
31 Osun State University
Oshogbo ...
32 Delta State University, Abraka
Abraka
33 University of Ado-Ekiti
Ado-Ekiti
34 Enugu State University of Science and Technology
Enugu
35 Nigerian Turkish Nile University
Abuja
36 American University of Nigeria
Yola
37 University of Maiduguri
Maiduguri
38 University of Calabar
Calabar
39 University of Abuja
Abuja
40 University of Agriculture, Makurdi
Makurdi
41 Afe Babalola University
Ado-Ekiti
42 Tai Solarin University of Education
Ijebu-Ode ...
43 Kogi State University
Anyigba
44 Michael Okpara University of Agriculture
Umuahia
45 Abia State University
Uturu
46 Imo State University
Owerri
47 Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University
Bauchi
48 Caleb University
Imota
49 Adekunle Ajasin University
Akungba Akoko ...
50 African University of Science and Technology
Abuja
51 Lead City University
Ibadan
52 Kwara State University
Ilorin
53 Igbinedion University Okada
Okada ...
54 Crawford University
Igbesa
55 Ajayi Crowther University
Oyo Town
56 Bells University of Technology
Ota
57 Veritas University
Abuja
58 Kaduna State University
Kaduna
59 Anambra State University
Uli
60 Achievers University
Owo
61 Bingham University
Auta Balifi
62 Wukari Jubilee University
Wukari
63 Renaissance University
Enugu
64 University of Mkar
Mkar
65 Obong University
Obong Ntak
66 Umaru Musa Yar'Adua University
Katsina
67 Salem University
Lokoja
68 Federal University, Otuoke
Otuoke
69 Plateau State University
Bokkos
70 Landmark University
Omu-Aran
71 Baze University
Abuja
72 Federal University, Ndufu-Alike
Ndufu-Alike
73 Modibbo Adama University of Technology
Yola
74 Madonna University
Okija
75 Al Hikmah University
Ilorin
76 Caritas University
Enugu
77 Western Delta University
Oghara
78 Federal University, Dutse
Dutse
79 Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University
Lapai
80 Oduduwa University
Ile Ife
81 Ondo State University of Science & Technology
Okitipupa
82 Fountain University
Oshogbo
83 Ekiti State University
Ifaki ...
84 Federal University of Petroleum Resources
Effurun
85 Kebbi State University of Science and Technology
Aliero
86 Adeleke University
Ede
87 Federal University, Wukari
Wukari
88 Benue State University
Makurdi
89 Novena University
Ogume
90 Samuel Adegboyega University
Ogwa
91 Godfrey Okoye University
Ugwuomu-Nike
92 Wesley University of Science and Technology
Ondo City
93 Adamawa State University
Mubi
94 Federal University, Dutsin-Ma
Dutsin-Ma
95 Wellspring University
Benin City
96 Paul University
Awka
97 Ebonyi State University
Abakaliki
98 Kano State University of Technology
Wudil
99 Bukar Abba Ibrahim University
Damaturu
100 Taraba State University
Jalingo
101 Tansian University
Umunya ...
102 Rhema University
Obeama-Asa
103 Akwa Ibom State University
Uyo
104 Nasarawa State University
Keffi
105 Federal University, Lokoja
Lokoja
106 Federal University, Lafia
Lafia
107 Federal University, Kashere
Kashere

http://www.4icu.org/ng/
so Bayero, ekpma, babcock, uman dan fodio is ranked highly than FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OWERRI? & on what basis........nonsense
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by stebell(m): 6:53pm On Apr 30, 2012
Guys i jus found out dat most of yu who hv posted comments on dis issue actually dont kno maths. Wen u're comparing stuff wit diff states yu hv to go into proportions and ratio. For example if Imo state hv a pop of 100 persons n 60 are educated while another state lik rivers hv 70 persons n 50 also are educated wud yu now say Imo's are educated dan rivers? do de maths.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by sheyguy: 6:54pm On Apr 30, 2012
Typical back and forth thread. For those using Jamb stats, it only applies to educatn up to secondary sch level. If the op meant secondary school then i may consider Deltans and Anambrans.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by ajanaku2(m): 7:22pm On Apr 30, 2012
Even the most Yoruba-hating Nairalander knows that the most educated and education-loving Nigerians are the Yorubas. No gainsaying!
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Obi1kenobi(m): 8:27pm On Apr 30, 2012
ajanaku2: Even the most Yoruba-hating Nairalander knows that the most educated and education-loving Nigerians are the Yorubas. No gainsaying!

Speak for yourself. If you meant the most pretentious or the most delusional or most hilariously overrated, you'd be correct. Certainly not the most educated. Stop buying the propaganda you've been sold for years despite rife evidence to the contrary.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by aljharem(m): 8:35pm On Apr 30, 2012
ajanaku2: Even the most Yoruba-hating Nairalander knows that the most educated and education-loving Nigerians are the Yorubas. No gainsaying!

I don't subscribe anyone saying yorubas are the most educated in Nigeria. Please It is the Igbos

Yorubas are NOT I REPEAT ARE NOT IN ANY COMPETITION WITH ANY GROUP.

If the Igbos feel strongly about it, then please so be it. Igbos are the most Educated.

Make them free yorubas for once in their lifes.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by aljharem(m): 8:35pm On Apr 30, 2012
Obi1kenobi:

Speak for yourself. If you meant the most pretentious or the most delusional or most hilariously overrated, you'd be correct. Certainly not the most educated. Stop buying the propaganda you've been sold for years despite rife evidence to the contrary.

Thank you,
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:07pm On Apr 30, 2012
alj harem:

I don't subscribe anyone saying yorubas are the most educated in Nigeria. Please It is the Igbos

Yorubas are NOT I REPEAT ARE NOT IN ANY COMPETITION WITH ANY GROUP.

If the Igbos feel strongly about it, then please so be it. Igbos are the most Educated.

Make them free yorubas for once in their lifes.

Are you some kind of mouthpiece for every Yoruba man. I'm pretty sure this entire thread contains many Yorubas with their spurious, unsubstantiated claims about their pre-eminence. I've even seen a lot of their newspaper columnists sink to the same level in trying to stereotype the SE as a bunch of traders who don't go to school. Yet not a single stat supports their pretentious claims to erudition and sophistication. Infact, those unfortunate to travel to the Yoruba states like Ekiti and Oyo for NYSC or other pursuits often express surprise at the general backwardness.

If you claim they're not in competition with any group, I don't want to hear anyone's spurious claims about the number of Professors Ekiti or Ondo produce - particularly with no factual backing.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by emmatok(m): 9:09pm On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:

Awolowo was educated and was a bigot
James Watson, the co-founder of the DNA was educated and was a bigot
Many Republicans are educated but are bigots
There is no correlation between education and bigotry.

How do you define BIGOTRY.

Is defending and protecting the interest of your people BIGOTRY?
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by aljharem(m): 9:14pm On Apr 30, 2012
Obi1kenobi:

Are you some kind of mouthpiece for every Yoruba man. I'm pretty sure this entire thread contains many Yorubas with their spurious, unsubstantiated claims about their pre-eminence. I've even seen a lot of their newspaper columnists sink to the same level in trying to stereotype the SE as a bunch of traders who don't go to school. Yet not a single stat supports their pretentious claims to erudition and sophistication. Infact, those unfortunate to travel to the Yoruba states like Ekiti and Oyo for NYSC or other pursuits often express surprise at the general backwardness.

If you claim they're not in competition with any group, I don't want to hear anyone's spurious claims about the number of Professors Ekiti or Ondo produce - particularly with no factual backing.

Shut it, Igbos are the best, Yorubas are just aljmajiris just as their northern brothers

so f-off and go carry cup. Igbos are the msot educated, we fit rest now ?
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 9:16pm On Apr 30, 2012
emmatok:

How do you define BIGOTRY.

Is defending and protecting the interest of your people BIGOTRY?

Okay! Then every bigot is defending their people's interest. You have answered yourself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Sydney Ogudoro: NSCDC Official Who Shot Ndubuisi Emenike Dead / The House Where Andrew Yakubu Hid Over N3bn And Its Surrounding (Photos) / What Diepreye Jackson Dikibo Said About Allen Onyema In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.