Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... (87569 Views)

Poll: Which is the best feed?

Coppens. From holland!.: 69% (18 votes)
Chi feed. from ibadan!: 15% (4 votes)
Durante. From ibadan!: 11% (3 votes)
zeigler from usa!: 0% (0 votes)
Vita feed from jos: 3% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Investment In Catfish Farming (things you need to know) / Catfish Farming: My Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by Blazemortimer(m): 12:15am On May 16, 2012
please where can i get coppens @ 5000 naira? i'd appreciate your prompt reply! thanks....
arramyjay:

coppens net weight is 15kg = 5000-5100naira.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by akonucheinfo(m): 12:21am On May 16, 2012
@ jay, between vital feed and multi feed, which is best?
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by arramyjay: 5:13am On May 16, 2012
Blazemortimer: please where can i get coppens @ 5000 naira? i'd appreciate your prompt reply! thanks....

In lagos.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by arramyjay: 5:15am On May 16, 2012
akonucheinfo: @ jay, between vital feed and multi feed, which is best?
Try vital feed then,I can't guarantee results though.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by ikooko(m): 11:06am On May 16, 2012
akonucheinfo: @jay, my farm is in Lagos, i use concrete pond. @ikooko, tnx. i got my fish from a reputable farmer in my area. health wise, i will rate them 80%. But, how do i check the source of the fish? pls clear me out
firsty, note that breeders are also in business to make profit. they'll do whatever is necessary for max profit.
Two- age, weight and specie of parent stock is also key.
Do you know that juveniles are also sorted into shooters, normal growths and runts? if care is not taken, it's possible to buy runts from a reputable breeders.
It is adviceable to stock with matured juveniles which is more expensive. really, most breeders sell post-fingerlings as juveniles. to be on safe side, smart farmers usually raise their fish in fish tanks and sort to identify runts before transfering then into main ponds. No matter what you feed runts, you cant get desired result.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by deandavid(m): 12:33pm On May 16, 2012
arramyjay:

Bros I hail o but u questions tire me o, where u dey buy ur fingerlings ask the bros for der make him help u weigh 1 or 2 fingerlings na,I no go lie u need a scale to aleast to dey measure quantity of feed you dey give them na,if na 1 earthern pond u get u no fit sort na,if for warri o na get drainage wey when u drain water e no go disturb the whole environment then draining water frm the pond shud be evry 2weeks,but guy get another pond o so u go fit they sort.
lol, bros u 2 much, kpoko 4 u. I ll try nd get d scale. Yeah my pond is in a farm, dat area is jst 4 fish farm. So i cn do d changing of water every 2 wks. Bros na smal smal, i go expand aftr my 1st harvest.abeg weneva u enter warri, try cme c d place, its vry vast. Tanx man.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by arramyjay: 1:58pm On May 16, 2012
deandavid: lol, bros u 2 much, kpoko 4 u. I ll try nd get d scale. Yeah my pond is in a farm, dat area is jst 4 fish farm. So i cn do d changing of water every 2 wks. Bros na smal smal, i go expand aftr my 1st harvest.abeg weneva u enter warri, try cme c d place, its vry vast. Tanx man.

Yea if you fit drain water evry 2weeks e go pay u,I hear you boss,yea 1st harvest matter a lot no be small,so try as much as u can to sort o,becos for earthen pond u fit quick see d small fishes.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by akonucheinfo(m): 11:29pm On May 17, 2012
@davi , base on your post it will be difficult to get good fish except if the farmer is sincere and just.cos nowadays everyone is out to maximize profit.But, re u saying buying post-fingerlings isnt good. Cos i bought mine when they are still 4weeks, well i was told so. From the look of things, there are alots to this fish buziness than just what people say. one have to be careful. tnx.

@jay , @ikooko , i really appreciate u guyz. First, i have been able to management the iron content in ma water.I notice that the water treatment plant there has worn, so i disconnected it from the plant, as i speak now am pumping direct to my pond.

Also, By the Grace of God i changed to coppens yesterday and hope i will have the funds to feed them coppens for the remaining 2months before harvest.

I have a total of 3500 fish, by 2weeks time they will be 4months. i intend to feed them atleast 1bag of coppens a day for the remaining months before harvest. tnx.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by arramyjay: 5:30am On May 18, 2012
akonucheinfo: @davi , base on your post it will be difficult to get good fish except if the farmer is sincere and just.cos nowadays everyone is out to maximize profit.But, re u saying buying post-fingerlings isnt good. Cos i bought mine when they are still 4weeks, well i was told so. From the look of things, there are alots to this fish buziness than just what people say. one have to be careful. tnx.

@jay , @ikooko , i really appreciate u guyz. First, i have been able to management the iron content in ma water.I notice tha
t the water treatment plant there has worn, so i disconnected it from the plant, as i speak now am pumping direct to my pond.

Also, By the Grace of God i changed to coppens yesterday and hope i will have the funds to feed them coppens for the remaining 2months before harvest.

I have a total of 3500 fish, by 2weeks time they will be 4months. i intend to feed them atleast 1bag of coppens a day for the remaining months before harvest. tnx.

And also sort them,they shudnt all be in d same pond.u will see results.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by akonucheinfo(m): 12:05pm On May 18, 2012
@JAY , tnx. i rented 4 concrete pond and each contain 1000 fish. will sort on 29thmay and tell the house my result.tnx
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by akonucheinfo(m): 12:11pm On May 18, 2012
but, i feel 1bag of coppens is small for 3,500 fish, but i cant increase it more than that cos of finance. what do u tink @jay ?
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by arramyjay: 1:42pm On May 18, 2012
akonucheinfo: but, i feel 1bag of coppens is small for 3,500 fish, but i cant increase it more than that cos of finance. what do u tink @jay ?

What do I think? Boss u asked and answered ur own question na,I think wht u want me to think,and wht I am thinking now is dat I can't advice you becos u hv financial strains.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by akonucheinfo(m): 5:54pm On May 18, 2012
yeah i no. but will 1bag a day for 3,500 fish improve them or should i go back to my local feed?
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by arramyjay: 8:35pm On May 18, 2012
akonucheinfo: yeah i no. but will 1bag a day for 3,500 fish improve them or should i go back to my local feed?

It depends on what they weigh now. Do u knw hw to calculate the quantity of feed to feed per day?
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by akonucheinfo(m): 11:40pm On May 18, 2012
will access their weight when i sort last saturday of this month.i.e 26thMay. Dont know how to calculate the quantity of feed to be given per day. plz advise if there is a particular step to follow. tnx, am on line now
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by arramyjay: 7:05am On May 19, 2012
akonucheinfo: will access their weight when i sort last saturday of this month.i.e 26thMay. Dont know how to calculate the quantity of feed to be given per day. plz advise if there is a particular step to follow. tnx, am on line now

Weight of 1 fish*10%*total amount of fish u hv in ur pond, will give u d total amount u are suppose to feed them all per day.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by ayodejy05(m): 1:00pm On May 19, 2012
Can you feed with coppens not minding the size of the feed pellet?
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by arramyjay: 5:12pm On May 19, 2012
ayodejy05: Can you feed with coppens not minding the size of the feed pellet?

U hv to mind the size of the coppens u are using,it is will be very funny to use 2mm for 1kg size fish.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by ayodejy05(m): 7:47pm On May 19, 2012
arramyjay:

U hv to mind the size of the coppens u are using,it is will be very funny to use 2mm for 1kg size fish.

Please give me the size of coppen feed for respective ages/weight
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by arramyjay: 8:34pm On May 19, 2012
ayodejy05:

Please give me the size of coppen feed for respective ages/weight

It basically has to do wit their weight.
Example if the weight of 1 fish is abt 11(g) use 2mm
Weight changes to abt 58(g) use 3mm. 132(/g) 4.5mm or mix wit 6mm like so on.anything aft 1.5kg use 8mm.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by lbrichman: 8:38pm On May 19, 2012
Do u want to improve your yield and the size of ur fish? Try our organic fertilizer from Dynapharm Int'l. It works! Call Luther on 08081347351 for details.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by akonucheinfo(m): 9:07pm On May 19, 2012
tnx will check their weight during ma sorting next saturday. will check the calculation and will update u.ok.tnx
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by arramyjay: 9:24pm On May 19, 2012
akonucheinfo: tnx will check their weight during ma sorting next saturday. will check the calculation and will update u.ok.tnx

Yes boss.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by arramyjay: 9:42pm On May 19, 2012
Let's talk catfish diseases/ treatment/...... Coming soon.angry cheesy
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by akonucheinfo(m): 9:53pm On May 19, 2012
good. but, dont talk about diseases only. but enlighten us more on how to prevent all disease. first, what prones them to disease?
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by arramyjay: 9:55pm On May 19, 2012
akonucheinfo: good. but, dont talk about diseases only. but enlighten us more on how to prevent all disease. first, what prones them to disease?

Boss chill na,when I start the topics on their diseases and treatment I go begin answer questions on dat,yes boss?
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by akonucheinfo(m): 10:00pm On May 19, 2012
sorry for being haste. Just that i dont want to miss any info. cos i made a mistake on my mine. started with 4weeks old fish, fed them with coppens for 1 month and 2weeks only, changed to local. & now in there 4th month tru ur advise i changed back to coppens which is what i would have done from the onsent and it would ve cost me less compared to what the cost of feeding coppens now is. i have one question. what kind of disease does dirty water cause?
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by arramyjay: 10:12pm On May 19, 2012
akonucheinfo: sorry for being haste. Just that i dont want to miss any info. cos i made a mistake on my mine. started with 4weeks old fish, fed them with coppens for 1 month and 2weeks only, changed to local. & now in there 4th month tru ur advise i changed back to coppens which is what i would have done from the onsent and it would ve cost me less compared to what the cost of feeding coppens now is. i have one question. what kind of disease does dirty water cause?

Dirty water can be becos of excessive algae blooms, and u are making a mistake abt this.I am nt answering ur questions on disease for now.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by akonucheinfo(m): 10:21pm On May 19, 2012
tnx, will wash ma pond then, i do appreciate ur infos here
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by arramyjay: 10:22pm On May 19, 2012
akonucheinfo: tnx, will wash ma pond then, i do appreciate ur infos here
Yes boss.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by akonucheinfo(m): 10:43pm On May 19, 2012
hope u watched the match, cos my team (Chelsea) won! am happy Up bless, UP Nairalanders, wish we all the best
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by arramyjay: 7:57am On May 20, 2012
akonucheinfo: hope u watched the match, cos my team (Chelsea) won! am happy Up bless, UP Nairalanders, wish we all the best

Hahaha cool,d day football would that kind of effect on me will be day....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Strange Bird Killed By Fulani / Giant Fish Caught In Lake At IITA Ibadan. / Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.