Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,408 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Ekiti Plans International Airport Project - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Plans International Airport Project (9324 Views)

Amaechi Inspects Port-Harcourt International Airport - Photos / MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government / pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by jmaine: 3:49pm On May 02, 2012
[size=18pt]Gov Fayemi . . . .[/size].
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by olufunmidd: 3:52pm On May 02, 2012
Mmuo Okija: Ekiti State deserves an airport.

The state is fast turning into a tourist destination for men seeking educated whores.

Thats why Ekiti government has invested heavily in Hotel business.

Like the one in the picture;

[img]http:/ /serve.mysmiley.net/animated/anim_26.gif[/img]
@Mmuo Okija,I found your comment rather. Offensive and degrading to the ladies of the state under discussion. Are you by anyway implying that the ladies are LovePeddler??
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by fio(m): 3:53pm On May 02, 2012
bestview: I dey laf.

Airport in a state that its citizens cannot afford mere transport fare. More than 95% of its citizens are poor grin grin

hmmm! They are @ it again ANALYZZER!! people like u will always know the rate of poverty of another state....thank God we have a leader who can still think like this...ENVY!
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by jmaine: 3:55pm On May 02, 2012
Okija Juju relative was prolly involved in the last Ekiti state deporting episode . .since then he has decided to harbor so much vile for my dear state . . grin . .bros Okija. . We tight whether you like am or not . .We Ekiticians rock anywhere cool
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by fio(m): 3:56pm On May 02, 2012
Aigbofa: I would prefer all the southwest states and Kwara pull their resources together, bring in private sector partners and establish a fast and efficient rail system to run accros the region, and all the way to Kwara state.

yeah! That's the spirit.....*nice one*
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by fio(m): 3:59pm On May 02, 2012
ekt_bear: Ekiti governor is a foolish man

why??
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Ejine(m): 4:00pm On May 02, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

So you have seen through the charade grin grin grin Kwara State is a lost opportunity that may never arise again - sad

My broda, na so sad

With the way Kwara played out, you can see it's not that our leaders are clueless - they're just evil. Becuase they know what they should do, but choose not to angry
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by crackhouse(m): 4:00pm On May 02, 2012
To want and to have are two different things. If he want it then he should go for it, that's if corruption and embezzlement will allow him. I pity Ekiti people. Before u know it, the Ekiti people will start hoping on what they have will not see. Nigerian politicians and their politics.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by fio(m): 4:03pm On May 02, 2012
docokwy: This is akin to building an airport in Ebonyi or in Taraba, among other backwards Nigerian States. How many people - and at what frequency- will fly there? The Governor is indeed foolish as suggested by a prior poster. Who elected him as Governor? The idea of a regional rail transport system proposed by Aigbofa makes far more sense.

then what makes u wise?? Insulting a leader??
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Ejine(m): 4:03pm On May 02, 2012
jmaine: Okija Juju relative was prolly involved in the last Ekiti state deporting episode . .since then he has decided to harbor so much vile for my dear state . . grin . .bros Okija. . We tight whether you like am or not . .We Ekiticians rock anywhere cool

grin That Ochicha Juju is a different case.

From the way he's taking it so personal, I think he was actually deported from that Sharp Sharp Hotel he keeps posting grin grin
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Afam4eva(m): 4:12pm On May 02, 2012
Na waoo. Doesn't Ekiti government have priorities? They should be focusing on Tourism and Farming and not a white elephant project like an international airport. That is insane. Even Ibadan that is of more commercial airport has had it's airport rendered useless. Btw, if they do build an airport, who will be using those airports? is it the ekiti people that have one of the poorest demographic in southern Nigeria?
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by jmaine: 4:18pm On May 02, 2012
Ejiné:

grin That Ochicha Juju is a different case.

From the way he's taking it so personal, I think he was actually deported from that Sharp Sharp Hotel he keeps posting grin grin

I dey even believe say one Ekiti correct nyash run am down financially come jilt am without dividends of Knacking her Akpaco grin
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by mbulela: 4:18pm On May 02, 2012
I thought this man was intelligent.
I expect the committee to turn in their report within 24hrs. this should be a very simple task as it is very obvious.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by ocelot2006(m): 4:26pm On May 02, 2012
A white elephant project. It makes absolutely no sense at all. Why not focus on excellent roads and train networks for pax and freight?
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by deshclones(m): 4:30pm On May 02, 2012
olufunmidd: @Mmuo Okija,I found your comment rather. Offensive and degrading to the ladies of the state under discussion. Are you by anyway implying that the ladies are LovePeddler??

go figure..olu-mumu..smh tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by fesse(f): 4:58pm On May 02, 2012
fall from my seatgrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

International ko Local airport ni. Abeg make d he-goat go look bush jare.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by juman(m): 5:07pm On May 02, 2012
Mr. Afe Babalola is good hand. I believe the committe will do good job.

An airport, even if not more than that of Ibadan is needed considering the reasons listed.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by jmaine: 5:11pm On May 02, 2012
fesse: fall from my seatgrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

International ko Local airport ni. Abeg make d he-goat go look bush jare.

Your papa set reach Fayemi ? undecided
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by PurestBoy(m): 5:11pm On May 02, 2012
Internationa Airport is too small, they need a seaport too
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Afam4eva(m): 5:13pm On May 02, 2012
PurestBoy: Internationa Airport is too small, they need a seaport too
They also need a space center and a skyscraper too.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by PapaBrowne(m): 5:15pm On May 02, 2012
But really, I don't understand how the whole of the south west survives without any functional airports. Ibadan and Akure Airports are as good as dead.

The South East at least has Enugu and Owerri and they function at very healthy capacities.

The south south on the otherhand has 6 very functional airports all of which are booming. Asaba, Benin, Calabar, Port Harcourt, Uyo and Warri. And don't tell me its oil money because Benin and Calabar don't have oil!
To put things in perspectives Benin Airport alone flies more passengers than all the airports in the southwest put together!!

How do south westerners survive without airports?? Isn't there no middle class in the region??

Airport Statistics
b]Airport No of Flights(2009)[/b]
Lagos 85,558
Abuja 41,524
Enugu 6,286
Owerri 4,362
P.Harcourt 22,188
Warri 12,989
Calabar 7,657
Benin 7,330

Kano 6,206
Kaduna 3,453
Sokoto 1,286
Maiduguri 1,896
Katsina 726
Jos 1,124
Yola 1,952
Minna 574
Makurdi 680
Ilorin 3,004
Ibadan 1,258
Akure 974

He should hurry up and build the airport. The South West needs it badly!
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by PhysicsQED(m): 5:18pm On May 02, 2012
^^^^
Lagos
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by manny4life(m): 5:19pm On May 02, 2012
lol, I laugh no be small, can you imagine, Ekiti, of all places? After all, it's all development in the highest making. Ekt_bear, ileke and co, are you guys hearing the fantabolous news grin grin grin

I'm seriously laughing so hard

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by PapaBrowne(m): 5:22pm On May 02, 2012
PhysicsQED: ^^^^
Lagos

I don't exactly classify Lagos as a SouthWest state in any analysis the same way I can't classify Abuja as a North Central "state"!
Lagos remains the business capital of Nigeria and serves as a melting pot where every other state cooks in!!
Interestingly, 80% of the flights terminate in Lagos!
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Afam4eva(m): 5:23pm On May 02, 2012
PapaBrowne: But really, I don't understand how the whole of the south west survives without any functional airports. Ibadan and Akure Airports are as good as dead.

The South East at least has Enugu and Owerri and they function at very healthy capacities.

The south south on the otherhand has 6 very functional airports all of which are booming. Asaba, Benin, Calabar, Port Harcourt, Uyo and Warri. And don't tell me its oil money because Benin and Calabar don't have oil!
To put things in perspectives Benin Airport alone flies more passengers than all the airports in the southwest put together!!

How do south westerners survive without airports?? Isn't there no middle class in the region??

He should hurry up and build the airport. The South West needs it badly!

The south-west unlike other zones in the south does not have uniformity of development. Lagos has truncated the growth of Ibadan and any other SW city. This is because most SWesterners tend to keep their investments in Lagos rather than spread it like is done in the South-east and south-south. Many people don't even know that Ibadan has an Airport because it's almost useless considering the fact that Lagos is only any hour away. Therefore, bulding an airport in the backwaters of Ekiti is tantamount to lighting a fire deep inside an ocean. Ekiti should harness it's God given resources rather than go on a road that leads to nowhere.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by bittyend(m): 5:23pm On May 02, 2012
Nah, Ekiti needs a megacity, seaport, riverport, airport, and space station. grin grin grin

Ekiti nerds read too much, and smoke too much weed - hence, why they daydream... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 02, 2012
manny4life: lol, I laugh no be small, can you imagine, Ekiti, of all places? After all, it's all development in the highest making. Ekt_bear, ileke and co, are you guys hearing the fantabolous news grin grin grin

I'm seriously laughing so hard

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Are you blind or did you not see ekt bear's response?

Although I dont support this, I believe that this all started when GEJ promised each state an international airport.
I feel that a regional airport (even though we have one in Akure) is the best. Lots of Ekiti ppl are in diaspora and in other states. We don't need to travel travel through Lagos' chaos to go home.

I for one would like to go str8 from here to Ekiti.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by PhysicsQED(m): 5:26pm On May 02, 2012
PapaBrowne:

I don't exactly classify Lagos as a SouthWest state in any analysis the same way I can't classify Abuja as a North Central "state"!
Lagos remains the business capital of Nigeria and serves as a melting pot where every other state cooks in!!
Interestingly, 80% of the flights terminate in Lagos!

I was answering your question about how they "survive without airports". Nigeria's main airport is right there.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by manny4life(m): 5:31pm On May 02, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Are you blind or did you not see ekt bear's response?

Although I dont support this, I believe that this all started when GEJ promised each state an international airport.
I feel that a regional airport (even though we have one in Akure) is the best. Lots of Ekiti ppl are in diaspora and in other states. We don't need to travel travel through Lagos' chaos to go home.

I for one would like to go str8 from here to Ekiti.

Bia, madam deaf woman, can you not interpret my comments again? angry angry angryYes, I did see ekt_bears comment where he said your governor is a foolish man... Like I said, where are all of you, can u read this fantabolous news? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Abeg, please don't blame GEJ on this one, if GEJ tell gov to go put his hands inside fire, he follow suit right? Biko, save that GEJ blame, it will not fly with me. I'm glad you're not happy with the development, nevertheless, it still doesn't mean I won't chuckle at the reasoning behind it.

Like Aigbofa has said, what SW needs is a regional rail network, you may not like it, but you need to travel through Lagos chaos one way or another because Ekiti is not economically sound to have a "local" airport, let alone "International' who dash you? grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by PapaBrowne(m): 5:32pm On May 02, 2012
PhysicsQED:

I was answering your question about how they "survive without airports". Nigeria's main airport is right there.

Oh ok!! I think as Afam4eva said, Lagos actually stunts the growth of the South Western states. While an airport might not be the best measure for development, it is a good way to assess the quantum of middle class in a society.
I feel the south western states should develop even more by virtue of their proximity to Lagos, but rather the opposite is the case!!
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 02, 2012
manny4life:

Bia, madam deaf woman, can you not interpret my comments again? angry angry angryYes, I did see ekt_bears comment where he said your governor is a foolish man... Like I said, where are all of you, can u read this fantabolous news? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Abeg, please don't blame GEJ on this one, if GEJ tell gov to go put his hands inside fire, he follow suit right? Biko, save that GEJ blame, it will not fly with me. I'm glad you're not happy with the development, nevertheless, it still doesn't mean I won't chuckle at the reasoning behind it.

Like Aigbofa has said, what SW needs is a regional rail network, you may not like it, but you need to travel through Lagos chaos one way or another because Ekiti is not economically sound to have a "local" airport, let alone "International' who dash you? grin grin grin

If you have issues with what Aigbofa said, why not address him?

Because quite frankly, you're just blabbering.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Afam4eva(m): 5:37pm On May 02, 2012
PapaBrowne:

Oh ok!! I think as Afam4eva said, Lagos actually stunts the growth of the South Western states. While an airport might not be the best measure for development, it is a good way to assess the quantum of middle class in a society.
I feel the south western states should develop even more by virtue of their proximity to Lagos, but rather the opposite is the case!!
It's only the borders of Ogun state that seems to be benfiting from it's close proximity to Lagos and this is not because of of the genius of the Ogun state government rather it's as a result of the bursting population of Lagos, so, naturally development should spread to it's bother towns. I think Yorubas from other states in the SW should start looking home for development rather than trying to claim Lagos because this will come back to bite them in the future.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC, Party Of Teenagers – Bode George / PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION: Why Godfathers Should Not Play God The Father / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.