Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,622 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:52 AM

Ekiti Plans International Airport Project - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Plans International Airport Project (9487 Views)

Amaechi Inspects Port-Harcourt International Airport - Photos / MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government / pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Odutodaiwa: 10:10pm On May 02, 2012
Fayemi is mad!. he needs his brain examined. Is international airport part of is electoral promises. How does that benefit the poor and voiceless majority of Ekiti people. How does that improve their economic position. I am not one of those idiots who will part my governor or president on the back even when he takes a stupid decision. From the point I heard few months ago that he was building Liason office in Lagos with billions of Ekiti peoples' money then I began to doubt his sanity.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by picoba(m): 10:21pm On May 02, 2012
We thank God for everything in this part of the country. These Governors are having vision. They are not inviting terrorist to our region. But we need to tell ourselves the truth. Rail system is the best option for now.
Dr. Kayode think flamboyantly, not consider the entire community in his state. The project cannot at this time benefit the communities of the state you are ruling. If truly you are there to server your people, think on other project.
Politics in Nigeria is not like before, things are changing. In not less than 2-3 years to this time Nigeria will enter “Democracy” from “Transition state.” Always remember that result is better than reward.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by ekwynwa1: 10:32pm On May 02, 2012
nakedall: the best thing for him is to legalize prostitution. import Benin, Ghana girls and Ibo gays, make Biancar PRO, this will open the state to tourist business, then plan an international airport.

He will also make Mama Awo the grand patron; with this powerful team am sure Ekiti will generate needed funds to build their international airport.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Brixtonyute(m): 10:34pm On May 02, 2012
Ekwy + Nwa:

the He will also make Mama Awo the grand patron; with this powerful team am sure Ekiti will generate needed funds to build their international airport.

Are you not tired of disrespecting an old woman, old enough to be your great grandmother?? Or are jealous your great grandmother never lived that long?
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by ekwynwa1: 10:44pm On May 02, 2012
Brixtonyute:

Are you not tired of disrespecting an old woman, old enough to be your great grandmother?? Or are jealous your great grandmother never lived that long?

Hypocrite, my post was a direct response to nakedall’s disdainful post on Bianca.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by manny4life(m): 10:48pm On May 02, 2012
re@lchange:

abeg no drag SE put for this nonsense talk. we need an international airport in SE. we don't have one.
some of you igbo people need your heads examined. angry

Excuse me? Are you on some kind of hard drugs this early evening? Did you read my post thoroughly before spitting out your venom? Who talked about SE and international airport? Let alone refuting it? shocked shocked shocked If anyone has known my stance, they know I've often agreed that SE needs an international airports, therefore, I need my head examined because I agreed that SW just like SE and SS need a "Regional Rail Network"? Please, if you have nothing whatsoever to contribute, seriously get off my back man. If you cannot read a simple statement in "English", that sure ain't my fault. angry angry angry angry
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by jason123: 11:06pm On May 02, 2012
I am seriously disappointed in Fayemi! Why? Because common sense dictates that such an airport will not be viable! I'll advise the SW not to use greed and "must develop" mentality to act (I said the same thing when Onlytruth was talking about Onitcha airport when Asaba airport is there). The reason is, why does Ekiti need such when we are talking about regional integration?? Can't Ekiti peeps use the Benin airport or Oyo?? I heard Lagos is just a few hours away from Ekiti, what is wrong in building a rail way to link Ekiti to Lagos

C'mon Fayemi, you are better than this!!!

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by BlackPikiN(m): 11:19pm On May 02, 2012
^^^Fayemi no get two heads, He's not better in anyway.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by BlackBaron: 2:03am On May 03, 2012
Every Dick,Tom and Harry wants to build an airport. Here's an article pointing out abandoned or under-patronised airports all over the country.
http://sundaytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8356:airports-airports-everywhere-but-not-many-planes-to-fly&catid=54:lead-stories&Itemid=127
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by ektbear: 2:19am On May 03, 2012
I said it before in this thread and I'll say it again..Fayemi is a foolish man
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by adultebony(m): 5:43am On May 03, 2012
I don't think it's an Airport we need in Ekiti for now. The one in Akure is close enough to achieve all those things he stated. I mean IF an Airport could fail in Ondo State (IF it has) then won't the same fate befall a similar Project in Ekiti? I think the Integrated Rail System is a better idea. It seem to me now that when people get into Government they take-on a different brain entirely; if Fayemi were to be outside Government and someone else proposes this he will definitely oppose it because it doesn't make any sense.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by freesoul3(f): 6:26am On May 03, 2012
huhehe huhehe huhehe! cheesy cheesy
make i laff join put

Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by mapet: 8:15am On May 03, 2012
Numbers and stats are funny you know, especially when you throw them sporadically without contextual perspectives to back it up. Check the following;
1. If Owerri Airport is functioning at very healthy capacity, then Jibowu Motor Park is as good as Terminal 5.
2. Benin Airport does what You'd better check that statement again. Apart from the fact that even from your stats, Lagos Airport (which cannot even cut it in global Airport ratings) dwarfs almost all Nigerian airports, Abuja inclusive; Benin Airport is near dead zone. From myrads of missed and resceduled flights, to facilities that is not as good as ABC bus park in Abuja.....the list is endless....

Now my tots are these;
1. First off, this is at proposition stage and we have to look at the value proposition. Let the committee come out with their analysis and report first.
2. We need to know that there are some significant enablers of a viable economy. Good transportation network is part of them. There is nothing in any book that tells us that rails system is better than airport system, rather these are meant to compliment each other to achieve an overall objective.
3. I think you guys should also realise by now that government that have come and "flashed" projects in our faces all in the bid to perform without well articulated plan, leaves no legacy. For me, this airport thing is at the planning stage and what more sensible and honourable thing to do than to constitute a committee consisting of the best brains of the Land. What you're seeing in Lagos today was actually a blue-print a committee Tinubu put together in 1999, I remember Dr. Olikoye Ransome-Kutti and some notable leader where among; guess what; some of their recommendation include Airport; and others like Power-generation plants, road networks etc.
4. I think we should not be jumpy to make baseless conclusions, if we are yet to fully understand the background, especially when our seeming immature media, puts up stories from bizzare perspectives
5. Every right thinking governor should begin by now to envision their state 25years from now and begin to lay the foundation. I detest your crap and defeatest stats your throw around that Ekiti is one of the poorest. The poorest country in the world today (Haiti) was the richest a Century ago, and the likes of Malaysia, Japan, China, India were pretty poor 50years ago.
6. We cannot continue to rely on handouts from Federal govt, even if oil exists forever. It has not allowed our leaders to think. Each time you travel abroad we curse our leaders.
7. If you call this airport scheme a white elephant project, I can understand. Our corrupt politicians in the past had done so much damage and still doing so; I mean, when Oyinlola initiated a project to build seven stadia in Osun State, and paid contractors 85% up-front you can understand. Be that as it may, we must move on from the shackles of corruption that has held us down.
8. For me the good thing is bring all stakeholders in a collective resolve to develop Ekiti State, and I pray it's for real. Afe-Babalola apart from being a noteable leader and top legal luminary is a PDP God-father, yet all ready to shelve politics aside a little while for the common good of Ekiti.

PapaBrowne: But really, I don't understand how the whole of the south west survives without any functional airports. Ibadan and Akure Airports are as good as dead.

The South East at least has Enugu and Owerri and they function at very healthy capacities.

The south south on the otherhand has 6 very functional airports all of which are booming. Asaba, Benin, Calabar, Port Harcourt, Uyo and Warri. And don't tell me its oil money because Benin and Calabar don't have oil!
To put things in perspectives Benin Airport alone flies more passengers than all the airports in the southwest put together!!

How do south westerners survive without airports?? Isn't there no middle class in the region??

Airport Statistics
b]Airport No of Flights(2009)[/b]
Lagos 85,558
Abuja 41,524
Enugu 6,286
Owerri 4,362
P.Harcourt 22,188
Warri 12,989
Calabar 7,657
Benin 7,330

Kano 6,206
Kaduna 3,453
Sokoto 1,286
Maiduguri 1,896
Katsina 726
Jos 1,124
Yola 1,952
Minna 574
Makurdi 680
Ilorin 3,004
Ibadan 1,258
Akure 974

He should hurry up and build the airport. The South West needs it badly!
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by mapet: 8:29am On May 03, 2012
just ta add that some of you guys are unfortunately whinners and jokers who resort to throwing abuse and uncomplimentary remmarks for the sake of not being able to process things beyond your reasoning capacity. Is it compulsory that the airport will be built with state money? BA built terminal 5, Easy Jet built some of their airports outside london and Europe. If players in the airline industry understands the immense value and magnitude of this pie, the likes of Air Nigeria, Aero, First Nation, and Arik should have been building their own airports by now....
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Okijajuju1(m): 8:51am On May 03, 2012
olufunmidd: @Mmuo Okija,I found your comment rather. Offensive and degrading to the ladies of the state under discussion. Are you by anyway implying that the ladies are LovePeddler??

Bros do not be offended. .

Lets analyze this like gentlemen;

If Ekiti State Primary schools are all located next to brothels and Ekiti has hotels named "Sharp Sharp". . . If you add two & two together, it means Ekiti State is breeding educated young whores. . .

Now they want an Airport, that means easy access for exparts and locals to lfy in, handle business 'sharp sharp' and fly out. Remember Ekiti is the only Nigerian State on Welfare so this will greatly increase their IGR. Ekiti the fontain of Knowledge is really putting all that knowledge to good use. Imagine being screwed by a doctorate degree holder in Ekiti name Bimbo. . . Thats heavenly men!! grin

I love Ekiti Girls, They are young, intelligent and enterprising in bed. Ask Ileke Idi.

jmaine: Okija Juju relative was prolly involved in the last Ekiti state deporting episode . .since then he has decided to harbor so much vile for my dear state . . grin . .bros Okija. . We tight whether you like am or not . .We Ekiticians rock anywhere cool

Yes you are indeed a state of tight women. . . I know and anyone who has lodged in SHarp Sharp hotel also knows this. . My last visit to Ekiti I met one Atinuke at Sharp Sharp. . My goodness. . She was Yoruba but was screaming in Latin. . . Now thats education for you.

Ejiné:

grin That Ochicha Juju is a different case.

From the way he's taking it so personal, I think he was actually deported from that Sharp Sharp Hotel he keeps posting grin grin

Nwanne Wassup nu?!

Its nothing personal o!! I am a political analyst thats all. And the events unfolding in Ekiti daily is too good to pass up!! grin

jmaine:

I dey even believe say one Ekiti correct nyash run am down financially come jilt am without dividends of Knacking her Akpaco grin

Yes o!! Damilola. . . That babe was a doctor I met in Sharp Sharp hotel. . . After she run me down, she prescribed drugs to replenish my lost energy and fluids. . . Now thats Ekiti hospitality for you!! Education & Satisfaction guaranteed.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by jmaine: 9:02am On May 03, 2012
Okija_juju:

Yes you are indeed a state of tight women. . . I know and anyone who has lodged in SHarp Sharp hotel also knows this. . My last visit to Ekiti I met one Atinuke at Sharp Sharp. . My goodness. . She was Yoruba but was screaming in Latin. . . Now thats education for you.

Yes o!! Damilola. . . That babe was a doctor I met in Sharp Sharp hotel. . . After she run me down, she prescribed drugs to replenish my lost energy and fluids. . . Now thats Ekiti hospitality for you!! Education & Satisfaction guaranteed.

Brother Okija grin . . . You go tire smiley . . . Abeg when you wan lodge for that your best hotel . .i mean Sharp Sharp hotel . .abeg inform me . . .make i control some nice sisis come give you . .but under one condition . .No Ritual murder angry . .cos if you try am lipsrsealed . . .
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Nobody: 10:13am On May 03, 2012
Deleted
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by ektbear: 11:01am On May 03, 2012
The distance from Ado-Ekiti to Akure would be like 30 minutes on a good road.

Rather than seeing about building an amazing road from Ado to Akure, the governor is investigating an airport undecided

What is the use of all this education he obtained if he won't think rationally and intelligently?

Instead he is behaving quite senselessly.

SW Nigeria sef is about the size of New York State....it isn't a huge place and doesn't need imo more than the Ibadan, Lagos, and Akure airports...anything else is a waste
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by ektbear: 11:04am On May 03, 2012
The place my folks live in a suburb of Houston is about 1 hour away from the airport.

There is another airport 30 minutes away, but whenever you go on Expedia to search for airplane tickets, typically the ones flying out of George Bush intercontinental are cheaper.

Place where I live, takes me about an hour to get to the two airports.

It doesn't take more than an hour to get to Akure from most places in Ekiti. It takes less than 3-4 hours to get from Ekiti to Lagos, and this is even with terrible roads...

Clearly building additional airports should be at the bottom of the priority list.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:27am On May 03, 2012
ekt_bear: The place my folks live in a suburb of Houston is about 1 hour away from the airport.

There is another airport 30 minutes away, but whenever you go on Expedia to search for airplane tickets, typically the ones flying out of George Bush intercontinental are cheaper.

Place where I live, takes me about an hour to get to the two airports.

It doesn't take more than an hour to get to Akure from most places in Ekiti. It takes less than 3-4 hours to get from Ekiti to Lagos, and this is even with terrible roads...

Clearly building additional airports should be at the bottom of the priority list.

Period.Point.Blank - Case Closed
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by WilyWily5: 1:55pm On May 03, 2012
Marijuana International Air Port Ekiti
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Dede1(m): 2:37pm On May 03, 2012
Ekiti Ikebe aka (Ileke- IdI) must extricate herself form the hairsplitting indictment of Ekiti ladies by Okija deity.

I must add that the hospitality in Ado-Ekiti is second to none. As in difference to the case of Okija-juju, Sharp Sharp Hotel was not functional during my last visit to Ekiti.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by london2lasgidi(m): 2:46pm On May 03, 2012
Dede1: Ekiti Ikebe aka (Ileke- IdI) must extricate herself form the hairsplitting indictment of Ekiti ladies by Okija deity.

I must add that the hospitality in Ado-Ekiti is second to none. As in difference to the case of Okija-juju, Sharp Sharp Hotel was not functional during my last visit to Ekiti.

grin cheesy

RFLMAOOOOO!!!
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by juman(m): 2:50pm On May 03, 2012
To have two international airports in SW is not too much.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Dede1(m): 2:52pm On May 03, 2012
Disclaimer: For those young men, who must be thinking about tightness and hospitality as indicated by the deity, remember Ekiti roads are used by Prison officials to snuff the life out of condemned criminals.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by jason123: 2:57pm On May 03, 2012
ekt_bear: The distance from Ado-Ekiti to Akure would be like 30 minutes on a good road.

Rather than seeing about building an amazing road from Ado to Akure, the governor is investigating an airport undecided

What is the use of all this education he obtained if he won't think rationally and intelligently?

Instead he is behaving quite senselessly.

SW Nigeria sef is about the size of New York State....it isn't a huge place and doesn't need imo more than the Ibadan, Lagos, and Akure airports...anything else is a waste

Very good! The SW should harness the potential of these three! There is no point building nonviable airports all over the country! Do you how many airports the North has? Look at the SE; Sam Mbakwe in Imo, Akanu* in Enugu, and they are terribly underutilized yet they want another in Onisha even though there is Asaba just next door and Port harcourt airport is also under untilised!

You guys should wise-up and stop wasting money jare!
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by jason123: 2:58pm On May 03, 2012
juman: To have two international airports in SW is not too much.

Upgrade the existing ones!
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by ektbear: 3:02pm On May 03, 2012
There are only 3 airports in Nigeria today which break even or are profitable: Lagos, Kano, and PH.

The rest are money-losing.

The worst thing too about building an airport in Ekiti is that it will weaken the one in Akure...they'll steal traffic from each other and thus both be sickly.

Better to have one strong airport than two weak ones.

Too many reasons why this is a bad idea
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by mapet: 4:23pm On May 03, 2012
by what stats
ekt_bear: There are only 3 airports in Nigeria today which break even or are profitable: Lagos, Kano, and PH.

The rest are money-losing.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Afam4eva(m): 4:25pm On May 03, 2012
juman: To have two international airports in SW is not too much.
To have two or more non-economic viable airports in the SW is not so good.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by manny4life(m): 2:43am On May 04, 2012
mapet:
by what stats

You're still looking for stats?

I doubt any airport in Nigeria is profitable at least based on their Annual Passenger Volume
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by ektbear: 4:51am On May 04, 2012
mapet:
by what stats

Search around on google a bit...there was some report listing airports in Nigeria by revenue or something. Anyway I distinctly remember reading a report saying that only a few are profitable...the rest lose money.

If it were up to me, I'd keep those in Lagos, the one in Ibadan, and then close down the rest. Like I said, Yorubaland isn't that big a place.

The problem is that the roads in the country are so bad that what should be a quick journey takes much longer than it should..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Governorship Ambition Is Divine, Says Abe / APC Splits Into Three Factions In Enugu / Nchara:stop The Lies Igbos Are Less Than 10% Of Lagos.bendle Are More Than Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.