Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Ekiti Plans International Airport Project - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Plans International Airport Project (9320 Views)

Amaechi Inspects Port-Harcourt International Airport - Photos / MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government / pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by jason123: 4:53am On May 04, 2012
Eku-bear, please educate them!
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by jason123: 4:54am On May 04, 2012
What's the point of having more than 2 airport in the entire SW?
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Kobojunkie: 4:57am On May 04, 2012
What is the point of having more than 2 airports in all of the SW? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I hope you meant instead to ask what the point is in having an international airport in a state with one of the highest, if not the most, poverty rates in the country, yet with alarmingly high birth rate to boot.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by ektbear: 5:00am On May 04, 2012
Which state is this you are talking about with one of the highest poverty rates in Nigeria, and also a high birth rate?

I doubt Ekiti is even in the top half either of those metrics, let alone both.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Nobody: 6:20am On May 04, 2012
^^^ Ebonyi takes the cake. . . . but Ekiti is more significant than that empty village. *
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by MrGlobe(m): 6:44am On May 04, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
^^^ Ebonyi takes the cake. . . . but Ekiti is more significant than that empty village.
no maa. I will choose ebonyi over the forest called ekiti
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Nobody: 6:47am On May 04, 2012
Mr. Globe:

no maa. I will choose ebonyi over the forest called ekiti

I thought you dont pay attention to "ofemmanus"? I'm Yoruba, from Ekiti state and I'd appreciate it if you okoros stop sniffing my post. kapish!
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Kobojunkie: 6:53am On May 04, 2012
Ekiti, announced 2nd poorest state in Nigeria last year by sunnewsonline.

Analysis of poverty in Ekiti State Nigeria.

Rather than engaging in stupid arguments, those who do not see things as they are should take the issue up with their government and question why the state remains one of the poorest in the nation.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by MrGlobe(m): 6:55am On May 04, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

I thought you dont pay attention to "ofemmanus"? I'm Yoruba, from Ekiti state and I'd appreciate it if you okoros stop sniffing my post. kapish!
yes I know you are yeroba because you dummy. Wasnt paying attention to your Yoruba brain. Was just correcting your delusional thoughts since you brought it on a public forum. And where will the airport be located in the ekiti forest lol
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Nobody: 6:58am On May 04, 2012
yawn. . . .
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by MrGlobe(m): 7:00am On May 04, 2012
Kobojunkie: Ekiti, announced 2nd poorest state in Nigeria last year by sunnewsonline.

Analysis of poverty in Ekiti State Nigeria.

Rather than engaging in stupid arguments, those who do not see things as they are should take the issue up with their government and question why the state remains one of the poorest in the nation.
Ileke Yoruba Idi, why is your state Ekiti forest the poorest state in Nigeria? Why not take time off nairaland and invest your browsing money in your state
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Nobody: 7:03am On May 04, 2012
You're paying me too much attention, dude. Even Yeske! would be jealous.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by ektbear: 7:04am On May 04, 2012
Kobojunkie: Ekiti, announced 2nd poorest state in Nigeria last year by sunnewsonline.

That article doesn't support your argument for two reasons:
1. It says that Ekiti gets the 2nd lowest allocations in Nigeria. But federal allocations alone do not define poverty/wealth.
2. Even if federal allocations alone defined poverty/wealth, once obviously should look at a PER CAPITA figure rather than aggregate.

I mean, there was even a recent post that discussed poverty state by state (https://www.nairaland.com/917560/67-igbos-poor-compared-59.1)

Please try to use your brain every now and again...it isn't by force to be an id1iot.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by ektbear: 7:08am On May 04, 2012
I am waiting for you to provide evidence of excessively high birth rates in Ekiti.....
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Kobojunkie: 7:08am On May 04, 2012
^^^ If you weren't class A eejit yourself, you would have known to send your cry out to SunnewsOnline the media house that made the declaration to begin with . . . and maybe your governor for allowing the poverty rate in the state stay as high as it remains.

All I have done is state what is obvious to those who are aware and are not blathering blindly,easily carried away by the meaningless. If you believe the write up was simply about the state getting the least allocations, then that is all you and not my person. \

Anywho, back to the topic . . .

Yes, the state does not need an international Airport . . .
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by ektbear: 7:13am On May 04, 2012
Kobo.

You are an id1ot. You googled for an article to support your point, and didn't even bother to read it.

Sun news is fond of posting sensationalist headlines for dummies like you.

But if you'd actually read the article, you've have seen that it was saying "2nd lowest federal allocations in Nigeria", not 2nd poorest.

Why are you so dumb? What was the purpose of you going to school if you won't use your brain and reason properly?

Whoever paid for your education deserves a refund.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Nobody: 7:15am On May 04, 2012
ekt_bear: I am waiting for you to provide evidence of excessively high birth rates in Ekiti.....

I don't know about having excessively high rates, but we do have high rates of multiple births o. One more thing I love about my Ekiti genes.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by ektbear: 7:15am On May 04, 2012
I have never seen or heard of a woman as dumb as this Kobojunkie.

And the worst thing too, is rather than keeping silent in her stvpidity, she is very loud, open and proud of it.

Amazing.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Kobojunkie: 7:16am On May 04, 2012
Again . . . ^^^ If you weren't class A eejit yourself, you would have known to send your cry out to SunnewsOnline the media house that made the declaration to begin with . . . and maybe your governor for allowing the poverty rate in the state stay as high as it remains.

All I have done is state what is obvious to those who are aware and are not blathering blindly,easily carried away by the meaningless. If you believe the write up was simply about the state getting the least allocations, then that is all you and not my person. \

All the roads leading to Ekiti State are not good enough and the state government cannot afford to embark on dualisation of any of them now. Why should a state that prides itself as the Fountain of Knowledge in Nigeria be one of the poorest?
This is one of the questions Governor Kayode Fayemi –led Administration is trying to find answer to in order to transform Ekiti State. In an interview with Charles Segun Adegbite the State Commissioner for Information, Mrs. Fola Richie-Adewusi speaks on the government's agenda, its challenges, and what the governor intends to achieve before celebrating its first year in office.

Ekiti Governor no challenge the article for sunnews ooo, na me this google Nigerian wan think say im go tear at?? See mumu . . .

Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by ektbear: 7:17am On May 04, 2012
And then when she is owned on the first point she raised and is too cowardly to try to support her second point, she says, "back to topic."

I do not have much patience for stark raving m0rons like you, Kobo.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Kobojunkie: 7:18am On May 04, 2012
Again . . . ^^^ If you weren't class A eejit yourself, you would have known to send your cry out to SunnewsOnline the media house that made the declaration to begin with . . . and maybe your governor for allowing the poverty rate in the state stay as high as it remains.

All the roads leading to Ekiti State are not good enough and the state government cannot afford to embark on dualisation of any of them now. Why should a state that prides itself as the Fountain of Knowledge in Nigeria be one of the poorest?
This is one of the questions Governor Kayode Fayemi –led Administration is trying to find answer to in order to transform Ekiti State. In an interview with Charles Segun Adegbite the State Commissioner for Information, Mrs. Fola Richie-Adewusi speaks on the government's agenda, its challenges, and what the governor intends to achieve before celebrating its first year in office.

Ekiti Governor no challenge the article for sunnews ooo, na me this google Nigerian wan think say im go tear at?? See mumu . . . see mooron dey cal another name . . . ROFLMAO!!

Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by ektbear: 7:24am On May 04, 2012
Notice immediately after your text in red which you quoted is the word "Excerpts".

In other words, the red text wasn't a part of the actual interview that took place. It isn't a quote from the governor or any government officials. Just Sun (and evidently your own) interpretation of the interview.

Despite nowhere in the the interview anyone actually claiming what you say.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by ektbear: 7:26am On May 04, 2012
This isn't rocket science. If you make a claim like "second poorest", then you have to back it up. You Kobo are using Sun as your reference. Sun has no reference..the text in red isn't supported by any actual statements or facts.

Thus the claim is unsupported. Furthermore, it isn't on me to talk to Sun regarding their headline. The onus is on you to back your your statements with fact.

You have failed in this regard. Perhaps not too surprising...you aren't mentally equipped for this type of thing.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Kobojunkie: 7:30am On May 04, 2012
Anyways, for anyone else out there who would rather be INFORMED than swallow up gunk spewwed by some deluded rat in a forum . . .

[size=13pt]We look at the table, which is the federal allocation table. That is how we discovered. You know, usually allocations (to each state) are dependent on internally generated revenue, so the lower you generate, the less you get. That is how it is. Until when we are able to boost our internally generated revenue we may not get much more than that. So we have to work hard on the ways of generating revenue for the State. And there are so many ways. [/size]
I think I missed out the issue of tourism. Tourism in the State is one of the key areas that the government is looking at to improve IGR in the state. For tourism, a lot is happening in Ikogosi now and there are also a few other tourism corridors that have been identified that the government is also trying to work on.

Besides all these, for the welfare of workers, the state is one of the first to pay relativity to the workers in the state whereas others are just trying to join, trying to negotiate with their staff. And besides that, some of the welfare packages that were removed during the last administration have been restored. Staff can now have car loan, housing loan; all these have been restored for the workers. The state also provided some motor-cycles for people; they use that for business in some of the areas that vehicles, motor cars cannot ply. Then some artisans were also given some equipment for their work. These are some of the things.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/politics/2011/july/28/politics-28-07-2011-002.html

Like I said . . . . those who have a problem with the paper's article should direct their concerns to the paper, and the parties supposedly quoted in there . . . grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by ektbear: 7:34am On May 04, 2012
I do not know what is up with you and selective quoting.

Why did you not quote the paragraph before?

Besides that, the government has realized the fact that Ekiti State, when you look at the[b] revenue allocation table, is number 35 out of the 36 states in Nigeria[/b], but looking at all the lofty ideas and vision that the governor has, the government has been looking at alternative sources of funding for some of the government activities. So he has been approaching some donor agencies.

Ekiti is 35th in the revenue allocation table
We look at the table, which is the federal allocation table

Again....like my very first post pointed out. Second lowest allocations != second poorest state.

I know that logic and reasoning are not strengths of yours KoboJ. But surely even you understand this.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Kobojunkie: 7:52am On May 04, 2012
^^ see mumude . . .

The thing tell am say Ekiti gets the 35th, because Ekiti is the 2nd poorest State(coming from back to front) of states when it comes to revenue generation, i.e Ekiti is 2nd poorest and as a result also gets 2nd poorest allocation.

I'm brain no even get that at all, even after blowing it up in big read bold prints. ROFLMAO!! See master of logic and reasoning, no even get eyes to see wetin dey ring red and bold in front of am . . . ROFLMAO!! grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

Google nigerian . . . I never see anyone wey don fit achieve all the many phases of Nigerianism simply by googling Nigeria like this one . . . shey the power of the internet . . . ROFLMAO!!
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by ektbear: 7:57am On May 04, 2012
OK. So by your logic, 2nd lowest allocation => 2nd poorest state.

Is this correct? I don't want to misrepresent your reasoning before I dismantle it.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by ektbear: 8:00am On May 04, 2012
=> means implies, just in case you were confused.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by phantom(m): 8:45am On May 04, 2012
^^^^she's pointed it out that
fed allocation is proportional to IGR,
ekiti gets the 2nd least fed allocation therefore,
EKITI MUST HAVE THE 2ND LEAST IGR,
therefore EKITI= 2nd poorest state in the country
hope this helps... wink
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by ektbear: 8:53am On May 04, 2012
Let's assume all of that is true (it isn't, btw. Federal allocation is not purely a function of IGR.)

Is 2nd lowest allocation the same as 2nd lowest per capita allocation?

Is 2nd lowest IGR the same as 2nd lowest IGR per capita?

Clearly it is not..

If you want to talk about wealth/poverty/etc, at a minimum you need to be using the right units (per capita) rather than aggregate units.

The leap from federal allocation to 2nd poorest state in Nigeria makes no sense logically, as you can see.

Anyway not only does it not make sense logically, it contradicts known measured data from a variety of sources. Including this document:

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/uploads/latestRelease/4c6807f6bf92fb3f71084f3a48964c305c68ccad.pdf

which was recently discussed on NL.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by ektbear: 8:59am On May 04, 2012
Literally every implication in this argument is wrong, lol.

Federal allocation is not proportional to IGR alone.

IGR alone is not a proxy for wealth, unless one also normalizes for population.

Just too many holes in the reasoning here. Not to mention that it contradicts known facts about poverty in Nigeria, on state vs. state basis..
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by jmaine: 11:34am On May 04, 2012
Where are the thread boilers undecided . . . . Please show up abeg grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NUPENG Begins Strike Today / Atiku Fears Arrest In The US. Returns To Nigeria - PM News / 2021: Anambra Guber And Maduka's Irresistible Charm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.