Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State (17529 Views)

Troops Ambush Boko Haram Terrorists At Major Cattle Market In Borno. See Photos / BREAKING NEWS: Boko Haram Insurgents Have Killed Over 34 People In Gwoza / Pictures Of The 47 Students Killed At Potiskum,yobe State Two Days Ago. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by Calebsky(m): 1:10pm On May 03, 2012
At least 34 people have been killed in an attack on a cattle market in north-eastern Nigeria, security officials have told the BBC.

Another 29 people were injured, said Nigerian military spokesman Col Dahiru Abdussalam.

The market in Potiskum, Yobe state, was set on fire by gunmen armed with explosives.

Police say the attack may be in revenge for the killing by traders of a man who had earlier tried to steal cattle.
'
The joint taskforce, a combined operation between Nigeria's army and police, is pursuing the "unidentified gunmen", Col Abdussalam said.

"A group of gunmen armed with around 20 explosives and assault rifles attacked the Potiskum cattle market," police spokesman Toyin Gbadegesin told the AFP news agency.

"They threw explosives and shot indiscriminately, setting fire to the market, killing lots of livestock and wounding many people, mostly cattle dealers," he said.

A gang of men locked the gate of Potiskum's fenced cattle market, trapping many traders and livestock inside, residents told the BBC.

The market - a bustling trading hub, with cattle on sale from neighbouring Chad, Cameroon and Niger - was razed to the ground late on Wednesday and many animals were also burned to death, residents say.

Witnesses say they saw several bodies being removed from the market.

Correspondents say the attack does not appear to be the work of the radical Islamist group Boko Haram, which has carried out deadly bombings and shootings across northern Nigeria, including Potiskum, in the past 20 months.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-17936549
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by ak47mann(m): 1:11pm On May 03, 2012
http://www.?u=http%3A%2F%2Fdailytrust.com.ng%2Findex.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26view%3Darticle%26id%3D161438%253Agunmen-kill-33-injure-many-in-yobe-livestock-market%26catid%3D1%253Anews%26Itemid%3D2&h=FAQG8pam2AQG4TeRQssWjqIbNtxEw9RAuLH873OiJsl5AMw

1 Like

Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by Calebsky(m): 1:19pm On May 03, 2012
Northern Nigeria is under siege.

1 Like

Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by cindylee: 1:20pm On May 03, 2012
Heard in on BBC now. I really don't want to say it but will do anyway. News of killings in Nigeria is no longer news.

May their souls Rest in Perfect peace. I feel so much for their relatives left behind. Can't beging to imagine their great sorrow. Tired already of this country called Nigeria where death does not mean much any longer. Never believed we will get to this state. sad angry
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by honeric01(m): 1:28pm On May 03, 2012
I feel like just cursing all those who allowed this situation to happen, i mean everyone, both those who voted for this situation and those who were voted for, also those involved right now and those who have the "capacity" to do something positive about this scenario.
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by lekkie073(m): 2:10pm On May 03, 2012
when will these boko ppl understand that they r actually reducing themselves?
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by 1025: 2:52pm On May 03, 2012
how on earth is a country with a president go this low in history. jonathan has contributed more bloods than any other past president of this country to their cult blood bank.
there is every tendency that nigeria will be reduced to half of its population by the time jonathan finish his first tenure.
i remembered as far back as 2003 when the then Gov of abia state(orji uzor kalu) said that pdp is a blood thirsty party and no one took him serious.
it is only pdp that has solution to this problem.
someone took an oath to protect the lives and properties of nigerians and that he is not doing in any manner - why can't this man resign and save our lives?
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by lexus1: 3:09pm On May 03, 2012
God is not a panacea [img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by bohboh275(m): 3:20pm On May 03, 2012
I'm just seeing this on Aljazeera. This is a senseless killing and it is absolutely unacceptable. I hope the security forces move into action to apprehend the gum men.
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by Dawdy(m): 3:20pm On May 03, 2012
Boko Haram is not doing anything, pdp is doing alot! They only use the name "Boko Haram" to cover up.
In other words pdp is unknown Boko Haram.
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by bakila: 3:30pm On May 03, 2012
Calebsky: Northern Nigeria is under siege.

Aha that was what you intended when you started this thread.
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by Standing5(m): 3:32pm On May 03, 2012
hmmm!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by Calebsky(m): 3:41pm On May 03, 2012
bakila:

Aha that was what you intended when you started this thread.

can you please tell me what you understand by northern nigeria being under siege? i just made a post of a BREAKING NEWS.
do you think any reasonable person that knows the worth of a single human life is happy with all these barbaric and senseless killings?
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by achi4u(m): 3:42pm On May 03, 2012
Just 34!,
next time make una do am like...500

1 Like

Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 03, 2012
all long they continue killing their fellow hausas, then , NO PROBLEM
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 03, 2012
1025: how on earth is a country with a president go this low in history. jonathan has contributed more bloods than any other past president of this country to their cult blood bank.
there is every tendency that nigeria will be reduced to half of its population by the time jonathan finish his first tenure.
i remembered as far back as 2003 when the then Gov of abia state(orji uzor kalu) said that pdp is a blood thirsty party and no one took him serious.
it is only pdp that has solution to this problem.
someone took an oath to protect the lives and properties of nigerians and that he is not doing in any manner - why can't this man resign and save our lives?

You guys are really helpless with this mindset.

Is it only in the North that Jonathan is ruling? Why are not hearing of bombs and killings in the South?

Go on and blame Mr. President if it makes tou happy, but thats not solution. He wont resign. QED

1 Like

Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by Nobody: 3:43pm On May 03, 2012
achi4u: Just 34!,
next time make una do am like...500

MAKE DEM KILL THEMSELVES FINISH, SO THAT WEN WE DECLARE BIAFRA, THERE WILL BE FEW ENEMIES TO FIGHT
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by seunlayi(m): 3:45pm On May 03, 2012
honeric01: I feel like just cursing all those who allowed this situation to happen, i mean everyone, both those who voted for this situation and those who were voted for, also those involved right now and those who have the "capacity" to do something positive about this scenario.
What do you mean by those who vote for this situation?
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by tunde1200(m): 3:48pm On May 03, 2012
but does it mean that government can not stop this group of killers.
this is a signal that our leaders are not there for us they are for themselves.
we need revolution fast or else we divide to various country's.

Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by MrOldskoolJP(m): 3:49pm On May 03, 2012
plz continue in d rampant boombin,my hapiness is dat it onli happens in d north n d more d kill dem d beta for us we 4rm d south cos we will hav few abokis 2 KILL wen d 2nd civil war begins
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by Donbasi(m): 3:49pm On May 03, 2012
This country is screwed up. People killing fellow human beings what none sense, the killing spirit of the northern housa men. God in thy hands we take refuge

1 Like

Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by tunde1200(m): 3:50pm On May 03, 2012
seunlayi: What do you mean by those who vote for this situation?

those behind this killing are curse already
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by tunde1200(m): 3:51pm On May 03, 2012
MrOldskool (JP):
plz continue in d rampant boombin,my hapiness is dat it onli happens in d north n d more d kill dem d beta for us we 4rm d south cos we will hav few abokis 2 KILL wen d 2nd civil war begins
this is funny
Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by KINGwax(m): 4:02pm On May 03, 2012
ak47mann: http://www.?u=http%3A%2F%2Fdailytrust.com.ng%2Findex.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26view%3Darticle%26id%3D161438%253Agunmen-kill-33-injure-many-in-yobe-livestock-market%26catid%3D1%253Anews%26Itemid%3D2&h=FAQG8pam2AQG4TeRQssWjqIbNtxEw9RAuLH873OiJsl5AMw
wahala dey! Shey dis one also na link or link or linkage? Abi u dey try develope a software ni?

1 Like

Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by mkpologwu(m): 4:08pm On May 03, 2012
Democrazy in d North = Govt of the people killing people, by them people, for de-stabilization of the people, for them people to become president again!

1 Like

Re: 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State by walex2(m): 4:11pm On May 03, 2012
blaming GEj for anything that go arround instead of calling the bloodthirsty northerns slowpoke to order. wait until u finish urself or ur family affected. my advise for the southerners who are still living in the north is that u are just their on ur own. these people has really gone mad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians / Ize-Iyamu Replies Oshiomhole:How Much Did Dangote Contribute To Your Campaign? / EFCC Arrests Own Driver, Policeman For ‘burgling’ Badeh’s Sealed Mansion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.