Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian (39637 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / What If Obama Is The Anti-Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:31am On May 16, 2012
Pastor AIO:

Either you don't understand english or you hallucinate as you read. Where did I say they didn't get arrested? Where? I said they didn't get arrested for praying, but for invading a restricted area. How did you understand that I said they were arrested at all? You must have dreamt it up the same way you dream up your theology. And as regards this next video: For a start the guy comes from an organisation called the Christian Defence Coalition. So he is not innocently praying on the sidewalk, but rather doing it in order to provoke. In other words he is one of the obnoxious types that have a sole aim of being as irritating as possible in order to draw attention to themselves and their made up christianity. You still haven't told me how what he was doing fits in with Jesus' injunction: "And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. What was the purpose of his prayer? Was it to communicate with God, or was it specifically in order to be seen by men, and to provoke a reaction from men. Even the place where he was praying sef was right on a thoroughfare. With all the space in the whole of America it is in the middle of a thorough fare that the guy decides he wants to pray out loud. Obviously with the intention of creating a public nuisance so that he can get arrested and draw attention to his cause. Having said that: I do not agree with abortion. But that is not the point of this thread.

All the Obama Govt. has to do is to give a dog a bad name so as to hang it. Those who can discern would know that they were arrested because of prayer and not because of restriction and if the place was restricted at all it only became restricted because of Christians. There is nothing new under the sun. Daniel suffered the same fate when he was arrested for praying openly when an ad hoc decree was made to trap him. Daniel eventually outlived all his persecutors and the Lord was glorified.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by thehomer: 7:34am On May 16, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

I will leave you to read up the answers to your questions in the Bible but let me address your fixation about this supposed "genocide" you are accusing God of.

I know what the Bible says what I'm asking is if you actually believe in the inerrancy of the Bible. So, please answer the questions.

OLAADEGBU:
God proclaimed the death sentence on all mankind. We all die because we have broken God's Law and we are all on death row and while you are on your judgment throne judging and accusing God of genocide you need to first of all judge yourself according to the Law of God and see where you stand. When you sincerely examine yourself you will find out that you are deserving of punishment because you have broken the Laws of God. God out of love has paid the penalty for you sin so that you don't have to face an angry God on the Judgment Day.

Does a 2 year old child deserve to die by drowning? How about dying by being killed for their land?
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by thehomer: 7:46am On May 16, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

You need a telescope before you can see afar off.

Why don't you simply write what you saw that was wrong? Are you afraid that it wouldn't actually be a problem?

Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:04pm On May 16, 2012
Pastor AIO:

It is meant to be . . .? So who made mistake cos it is now separation of Church and State.

I suggested that that is just another lie, cos the events that lead up to the separation of church and state in europe and US made these people determined that religion will never have a bearing on politics anymore. I'm talking about the Wars of Religion. I even did a thread on the issue.

When the founding fathers of the American Constitution came up with what is now called the Separation from Church and State what they had in mind was that the Church would be free from the State not that it would not have any influence on the State because the Church had ever since had a say on the State until Obama came into power. Obama stopped the public celebration of the National Day of Prayer as soon as he came into office and told everyone to observe it in their homes but he would celebrate the Muslims' Ramadan or any other group apart from the Christian groups into the White House.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:29pm On May 16, 2012
thehomer:

I know what the Bible says what I'm asking is if you actually believe in the inerrancy of the Bible. So, please answer the questions.

If the Word of God says it, I believe it and that should settle it for me.

thehomer:
Does a 2 year old child deserve to die by drowning? How about dying by being killed for their land?

Does a 2 year old child deserve to die due to full blown AIDS inherited from its parents?
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:56pm On May 16, 2012
Further evidence that Obama does not regard the Word of God. See how he denegrades and ridicles the Holy Scriptures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNCklX2wZy4

Obama Mocks and Attacks Jesus Christ And The Bible. A top U.S. evangelical leader is accusing Sen. Barack Obama of deliberately distorting the Bible and taking a "fruitcake interpretation" of the U.S. Constitution. In comments aired on his radio show, Focus on the Family founder James Dobson criticised the Democratic presidential nominee for comments he made in a June 2006 speech to the liberal Christian group Call to Renewal.

In the speech, Obama suggested that it would be impractical to govern based solely on the word of the Bible, noting that some passages suggest slavery is permissible and eating shellfish is disgraceful. "Which passages of scripture should guide our public policy?" Obama asked in the speech. "Should we go with Leviticus, which suggests slavery is OK and that eating shellfish is an abomination? Or we could go with Deuteronomy, which suggests stoning your child if he strays from the faith? Or should we just stick to the Sermon on the Mount? "So before we get carried away, let's read our Bible now," Obama said, to cheers. "Folks haven't been reading their Bible."

He also called Jesus' Sermon on the Mount "a passage that is so radical that it's doubtful that our Defense Department would survive its application." Dobson said Obama should not be referencing antiquated dietary codes and passages from the Old Testament that are no longer relevant to the teachings of the New Testament. "I think he's deliberately distorting the traditional understanding of the Bible to fit his own world view, his own confused theology," Dobson said, adding that Obama is "dragging biblical understanding through the gutter."

Dobson said the suggestion is an attempt to lead by the "lowest common denominator of morality." "Am I required in a democracy to conform my efforts in the political arena to his bloody notion of what is right with regard to the lives of tiny babies?" he asked. "What he's trying to say here is, unless everybody agrees, we have no right to fight for what we believe." "What the senator is saying there, in essence, is that 'I can't seek to pass legislation, for example, that bans partial-birth abortion, because there are people in the culture who don't see that as a moral issue,' " Dobson said. "And if I can't get everyone to agree with me, than it is undemocratic to try to pass legislation that I find offensive to the Scripture. Now, that is a fruitcake interpretation of the Constitution."

In a stunning display of ignorance- and in a speech you will NOT see in the mainstream media, because even they apparently understand how ignorant Obama was on the issue, Obama exposes his disdain for Christians, and exposes his disdain for the word of God, by taking the typical, petty, ignorant position, that the bible advocated slavery and the stoning of children, apparently implying that Christians should live their faith by reinstating customs that were obviously secular laws that were in place in a time long ago.

Obama not so subtly implied that Christians are hypocrites because they dont agree to put themselves back under the laws of Moses that are no logner relevent to Christians today! The laws of Moses were a Jewish-only set of laws. Barack Obama claims he found the Lord, whatever that means to him, but his obvious contempt for God's word exposes the fact that Christ is not the one in control of his heart. His speech was a blatant misrepresentation of Christianity, and it was a speech whos intent was to malign and denigrate Christians, and to denigrate this great nation of ours. Stoning children for blatant disrespect of parents and of God, was a Jewish-only commandment meant to purge evil from among Gods elected people.

Nowhere in the bible does God command anyone other than His own elected people, the Jews, to purge evil in such a manner. Barack Obama however is apparently too ignorant of biblical truth to realize this fact, and apparently he feels that he is big enough to call God's commandments toward the Jews into question? Obama is also apparently too ignorant of God's word to understand that Christians today are not under the law of Moses, and that many edicts in the bible were meant to tell the people that they needed to obey ALL laws, even the secular laws which included laws that allowed slaves, and that the Jews were not just bound to the laws that God instated, but also to the cultural laws at that time. Obama may not like that- because it completely refutes his petty attempt at maligning God, God's word, Christians and this great nation of ours.

Obama may claim to be a Christian, and he may even succeed in fooling a couple of people, but to those who know better, we see very clearly that his words betray what he claims his heart stands for.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by PastorAIO: 1:01pm On May 16, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

When the founding fathers of the American Constitution came up with what is now called the Separation from Church and State what they had in mind was that the Church would be free from the State not that it would not have any influence on the State because the Church had ever since had a say on the State until Obama came into power. Obama stopped the public celebration of the National Day of Prayer as soon as he came into office and told everyone to observe it in their homes but he would celebrate the Muslims' Ramadan or any other group apart from the Christian groups into the White House.

Please you will have to give me references. From what I know the constitution says that congress cannot pass any law 'in respect to religion' ( i paraphrase). If anything at all the separation will go both ways. Government will not be involved with religion, whether the influence is passing from religion to government, or from government to religion.

Which Church had a say in the government? The Catholic church? The Mormons? Which church?

How can there be a National Day of Prayer by Law if the Government cannot pass any laws with respect to religion? How is Obama breaking the law by telling you to pray at home? Why do you insist on doing your prayer in public, yet you call yourself a christian/follower of christ and Jesus said you should not pray on street corners but in private.

Oya, Ola, talk and further expose yourself.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by PastorAIO: 1:04pm On May 16, 2012
OLAADEGBU: Further evidence that Obama does not regard the Word of God. See how he denegrades and ridicles the Holy Scriptures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi-V_ilJu0w

Further evidence that Olaadegbu hasn't got two brain cells to rub together.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:17pm On May 16, 2012
Pastor AIO:

Further evidence that Olaadegbu hasn't got two brain cells to rub together.

The onus is on you to show us the evidence that you've got two cells to rub together by debunking the facts presented in the videoclip. Any thing other than that is just proving your emotional outburst which holds no water.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:19pm On May 16, 2012
Pastor AIO:

Please you will have to give me references. From what I know the constitution says that congress cannot pass any law 'in respect to religion' ( i paraphrase). If anything at all the separation will go both ways. Government will not be involved with religion, whether the influence is passing from religion to government, or from government to religion.

Which Church had a say in the government? The Catholic church? The Mormons? Which church?

How can there be a National Day of Prayer by Law if the Government cannot pass any laws with respect to religion? How is Obama breaking the law by telling you to pray at home? Why do you insist on doing your prayer in public, yet you call yourself a christian/follower of christ and Jesus said you should not pray on street corners but in private.

This is what Americans who can discern what is happening are saying. Watch it and lets see whether you can decipher whether he practices the separation of church and state or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=errwiYlXw-g
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Enigma(m): 1:27pm On May 16, 2012
Pastor AIO:

The bolded are inaccuracies ---- even illogical. smiley

cool
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by PastorAIO: 1:49pm On May 16, 2012
Enigma:

cool

The First Amendment to the United States Constitution provides that[b] "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof ...."[/b] and Article VI specifies that "no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separation_of_church_and_state_in_the_United_States
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Enigma(m): 1:51pm On May 16, 2012
Pastor AIO:

The First Amendment to the United States Constitution provides that[b] "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof ...."[/b] and Article VI specifies that "no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separation_of_church_and_state_in_the_United_States

Confirms the bolded in your post as inaccurate ---- and as I said even illogical. smiley

cool
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by logicboy: 1:51pm On May 16, 2012
Enigma:

cool

WTF? Why would you say that? Pastor AIO is right. Separation of church and state. Read about it
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by PastorAIO: 1:51pm On May 16, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

This is what Americans who can discern what is happening are saying. Watch it and lets see whether you can decipher whether he practices the separation of church and state or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=errwiYlXw-g

The First Amendment to the United States Constitution provides that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof ...." and Article VI specifies that [b]"no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office [/b]or public Trust under the United States."

. . So if Obama wants to pray to allah inside white house which is a secular office of the US govt, what is your own inside?
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Enigma(m): 1:54pm On May 16, 2012
logicboy:

WTF? Why would you say that? Pastor AIO is right. Separation of church and state. Read about it

And this was my last response. smiley

Pastor AIO:

Confirms the bolded in your post as inaccurate ---- and as I said even illogical. smiley
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by PastorAIO: 2:09pm On May 16, 2012
Enigma:

And this was my last response. smiley

Yes, and pig is equal to goat, and water is oil. Confirmed!!! Maybe if you took off those shades that you're always wearing at the end of your posts then your thinking would not be so blinkered.

Me too, I know how to talk nonsense if that is what you want to do with me.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Enigma(m): 2:14pm On May 16, 2012
Pastor AIO:

Yes, and pig is equal to goat, and water is oil. Confirmed!!! Maybe if you took off those shades that you're always wearing at the end of your posts then your thinking would not be so blinkered.

Me too, I know how to talk nonsense if that is what you want to do with me.

^ I always knew it would come to that: ad hominem in face of failed argument. smiley

Sad thing is I'm not surprised.

OK let's see, there are laws in the American legal system e.g. respecting religious freedom, inter alia. How come there are such laws if "Congress cannot pass any law with respect to religion"? wink

By the way a well trained first year law student on reading the First Amendment that you quoted should be able to tell you straight away that your representation was and remains inaccurate. If an A student, he will also note that it is inaccurate illogical.

cool
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by PastorAIO: 2:48pm On May 16, 2012
Enigma:

^ I always knew it would come to that: ad hominem in face of failed argument. smiley

Sad thing is I'm not surprised.

OK let's see, there are laws in the American legal system e.g. respecting religious freedom, inter alia. How come there are such laws if "Congress cannot pass any law with respect to religion"? wink

By the way a well trained first year law student on reading the First Amendment that you quoted should be able to tell you straight away that your representation was and remains inaccurate. If an A student, he will also note that it is inaccurate illogical.

cool

Okay, you've said what you want to say. Well done!
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Enigma(m): 2:52pm On May 16, 2012
I'll do better; I'll redraft the First Amendment in simpler terms for you. smiley

Congress may pass any law concerning religion as long as such law does not (1) establish a religion, or (2) interfere with free exercise of religion.

Simples. smiley

cool
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by PastorAIO: 3:00pm On May 16, 2012
Enigma: I'll do better; I'll redraft the First Amendment in simpler terms for you. smiley

Congress may pass any law concerning religion as long as such law does not (1) establish a religion, or (2) interfere with free exercise of religion.

Simples. smiley

cool

Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:03pm On May 16, 2012
Pastor AIO:

You still don't get it. What he is saying is that your so called Separation of Church and State is a myth that is found nowhere in the 1st Amendment. It is just a gimmick that the Secular humanist movement use in deceiving the people and keeping them in the dark as Obama is successfully doing.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Enigma(m): 3:09pm On May 16, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

You still don't get it. What he is saying is that your so called Separation of Church and State is a myth that is found nowhere in the 1st Amendment.

Strictly speaking "separation of church and state" is not a legal concept. Further, the concept, though known in American "politics" (for want of a better word presently) is open to different interpretations.

From a legal point of view, what the authorities are not allowed to do is divided into the two broad categories: (a) do not establish a religion and (b) do not interfere with free exercise of religion.

This is far far far removed from "Congress cannot pass any law with respect to religion" wink

cool
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:25pm On May 16, 2012
Enigma:

Strictly speaking "separation of church and state" is not a legal concept. Further, the concept, though known in American "politics" (for want of a better word presently) is open to different interpretations.

From a legal point of view, what the authorities are not allowed to do is divided into the two broad categories: (a) do not establish a religion and (b) do not interfere with free exercise of religion.

This is far far far removed from "Congress cannot pass any law with respect to religion" wink

cool

Agreed. I don't thing those Secular humanists will agree with you though. They have been trying to gag the Church from having any influence in Government and Education institutions with the help of the religious compromisers.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:26pm On May 16, 2012
Pastor AIO:

The First Amendment to the United States Constitution provides that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof ...." and Article VI specifies that [b]"no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office [/b]or public Trust under the United States."

. . So if Obama wants to pray to allah inside white house which is a secular office of the US govt, what is your own inside?

You can see from the first Amendment that there is nothing like the Separation of Church and State written there, its a myth. What I can see from the 1st Amendment is that the Church should be protected from the State.

Let us see what you left out from the 1st Amendment:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances".

As you can see, the First Amendment gives its citizens the Freedom to Worship God without Government interference. It also assures that the Government will not establish a State Religion, just as Enigma has pointed out. It says that people are free to speak their minds without the government arresting them as the Obama cops have been doing lately. The 1st Amendment grants its citizens the right to publish news that may be critical of the government without fear of arrest or penalties as you guys have been afraid of doing, and it assures the right of citizens to gather together or march in rallies peacefully.

So, you can see that it is the Government that is restricted and not the citizens. The Church is free from the draconic assertions and prohibitions of the State and not that it has nothing to do with the State. Simples wink
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Enigma(m): 3:38pm On May 16, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Agreed. I don't thing those Secular humanists will agree with you though. They have been trying to gag the Church from having any influence in Government and Education institutions with the help of the religious compromisers.

Agreed (though there may be a better expression for "religious compromisers" ); and they are aided, sometimes unwittingly, by misguided "intellectuals" and even "do-gooders". smiley

cool
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by PastorAIO: 3:47pm On May 16, 2012
Before you guys continue slapping each other on the back, I'll be back to address what you are saying tomorrow.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Enigma(m): 3:51pm On May 16, 2012
Pastor AIO: Before you guys continue slapping each other on the back, I'll be back to address what you are saying tomorrow.

You use this kind of expression; but I can easily point to you and fellow atheists/non-Christians "slapping each other on the back" ------ constantly as a matter of fact. smiley

cool
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:16pm On May 16, 2012
Enigma:

Agreed (though there may be a better expression for "religious compromisers" ); and they are aided, sometimes unwittingly, by misguided "intellectuals" and even "do-gooders". smiley

cool

That is what we call the enemies within, they are lethal.

Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:19pm On May 16, 2012
Pastor AIO: Before you guys continue slapping each other on the back, I'll be back to address what you are saying tomorrow.

It will be too late by then because the issue would have been dead and buried. Below is the evidence you need to see how the Obama administration has torn the 1st Amendment into shreds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Myc7dECK2z0
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:34pm On May 16, 2012
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Ptolomeus(m): 5:24pm On May 16, 2012

Dear friend.
I have read the thread carefully.
You have argued your opinion with many elements. It should be enough for them to understand. Unfortunately, only understands who intends to understand. You can not talk to a wall. If you continue reading seriously analyzing and exposing with responsibility, may end up calling him a heretic, antichrist, satanic or even worse. So come certain individuals who do not enter the forum to share opinions and knowledge (to learn), but to fight.
Possibly one of them is beaten at home by women, I think the at home are not allowed to speak, and they are in the forum a way to vent ...
That the only explanation for someone to disagree with a secular state ...
What's more, some are opining without even knowing it is a secular state ...
Do not stress dear friend ...
I have already said on occasion that "Eagles do not hunt flies ..."
It does not contribute anything to pearls before swine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Reverend Impregnates Seven Church Members, Two Married Women - Punch / Church Of England Paves The Way For Same-sex Marriages ( Pics) / Brazil's Satanic Carnival That Mock Jesus And Gods Responds To Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.