Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

NDLEA Intercepts Martin Ikechukwu With ₦90m ‘Cocaine Cream’ In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NDLEA Intercepts Martin Ikechukwu With ₦90m ‘Cocaine Cream’ In Lagos (21018 Views)

NDLEA Intercepts Letter With Heroin In Lagos (Photo) / NDLEA Intercepts Cocaine Concealed In Tins At Lagos Airport (Photo) / NDLEA Intercepts Man Moving $2.1million To Abuja (exclusive Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDLEA Intercepts Martin Ikechukwu With ₦90m ‘Cocaine Cream’ In Lagos by amosy007: 4:51pm On May 15, 2012
NDLEA intercepts N90m ‘cocaine cream’ in Lagos

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency has intercepted the first known creamy cocaine in the country.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the 9.500kg cocaine was packaged to look like the normal ice cream.

It was learnt that the creamy cocaine was brought into the country in four big coolers through the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos.

Spokesman of the NDLEA, Mr. Mitchelle Ofoyeju, who confirmed the seizure by the anti-drug agency, said the substance that later tested positive for cocaine was imported from Sao Paulo, Brazil.

He said, “Operatives of the NDLEA detected the drug following suspicion of the four giant size water coolers. Further examination revealed the parcels of drugs after it was cut open.

“Four parcels each of creamy cocaine were found to have been industrially strapped round the body of the four coolers.

“In all, a total of 16 parcels weighing 9.500kg, with an estimated street value of over N90m, were recovered during search at the airport’s arrival hall.”

Ofoyeju said the agency had arrested a 50-year-old man, Martin Ikechukwu, in connection with the discovery.

He described Ikechukwu as an unrepentant suspected drug trafficker.

“He is currently facing trial over unlawful importation of a kilogramme of cocaine from Brazil in 2010,” Ofoyeju said.

NDLEA findings showed that Ikechukwu hailed from Enugu State and graduated from Government Technical College, Awka in 1980.

In a purported statement to the agency, Ikechukwu said he wanted to raise some money to enable him to settle down with his family.

“I was living in Brazil between 2009 and 2010. I was arrested when I came home in 2010. When I was granted bail, there was nobody to help me. I had no option but to smuggle drugs again because they promised to pay me the sum of N3m. My intention was to settle down with my family because I am not getting younger,” Martin stated.

Ofoyeju said the agency was worried that suspects go back to drug business after they had been arrested and granted bail.

He said, “NDLEA Airport Commander, Hamza Umar, said the issue of re-arrest of suspected drug traffickers who are released on bail has been a major challenge of the command. This suspect (Ikechukwu) was first arrested on February 23, 2010 for ingesting one kilogramme of cocaine.

“The agency is also investigating the circumstances under which the suspect acquired new travel documents.”

The Chairman of the NDLEA, Ahmadu Giade, said the arrest showed the extent to which drug barons could go. “This arrest, however, raised questions on the issue of bail for drug traffickers,” he said.

http://www.punchng.com/metro/ndlea-intercepts-n90m-cocaine-cream-in-lagos/
Re: NDLEA Intercepts Martin Ikechukwu With ₦90m ‘Cocaine Cream’ In Lagos by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 15, 2012
Creame Cocaine. What a creativity in the wrong hands

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Intercepts Martin Ikechukwu With ₦90m ‘Cocaine Cream’ In Lagos by AbdulAdam56(m): 5:21pm On May 15, 2012
A,a not again,wat naija has turn into?
Re: NDLEA Intercepts Martin Ikechukwu With ₦90m ‘Cocaine Cream’ In Lagos by BabaEleko(m): 5:22pm On May 15, 2012
chaiii

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Intercepts Martin Ikechukwu With ₦90m ‘Cocaine Cream’ In Lagos by AbdulAdam56(m): 5:23pm On May 15, 2012
[quote author=Abdul Adam56]A,a not again,wat naija has turn into?Nic job N.D.L.E.A
Re: NDLEA Intercepts Martin Ikechukwu With ₦90m ‘Cocaine Cream’ In Lagos by miteolu(m): 5:26pm On May 15, 2012
This guy should consult Baba Suwe for way out.

7 Likes

Re: NDLEA Intercepts Martin Ikechukwu With ₦90m ‘Cocaine Cream’ In Lagos by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 15, 2012
Baba_Eleko: I'm not a religious bigot but I feel like saying IGBO KWENU!!!!!
[size=18pt]h ha ha ha ha h ah[/size]
Re: NDLEA Intercepts Martin Ikechukwu With ₦90m ‘Cocaine Cream’ In Lagos by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 15, 2012
miteolu: This guy should consult Baba Suwe for way out.

[size=18pt]LMAO[/size]
Re: NDLEA Intercepts Martin Ikechukwu With ₦90m ‘Cocaine Cream’ In Lagos by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 15, 2012
LeoMax: Creame Cocaine. What a creativity in the wrong hands

No be small thing o.
Re: NDLEA Intercepts Martin Ikechukwu With ₦90m ‘Cocaine Cream’ In Lagos by Akintola11(m): 5:29pm On May 15, 2012
This Week in Nigeria focuses on why two US banks froze Nigerian embassy accounts, political musing's & article reviews from two brilliant writers. Stay current,stay informed!

http://thinkafricapress.com/nigeria/blog/week-nigeria-us-banks-freeze-nigerian-embassy-accounts
Re: NDLEA Intercepts Martin Ikechukwu With ₦90m ‘Cocaine Cream’ In Lagos by solihu(m): 5:31pm On May 15, 2012
grin grin grin grin
my belle oooooooooooo grin grin
Re: NDLEA Intercepts Martin Ikechukwu With ₦90m ‘Cocaine Cream’ In Lagos by olumbajaga: 5:35pm On May 15, 2012
hmm nice talent keep it up. Nigerians are good in all dimensions, OK now i cant wait to see marijuana ice cream ( **** ice cream cool) nija for life....
Re: NDLEA Intercepts Martin Ikechukwu With ₦90m ‘Cocaine Cream’ In Lagos by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 15, 2012
NDLEA is doing a good job, so where those bigots that love to scream Yoruba, as if na them holy pass, soon they will twist the story into tribal supremacy!
Re: NDLEA Intercepts Martin Ikechukwu With ₦90m ‘Cocaine Cream’ In Lagos by Nobody: 5:40pm On May 15, 2012
some mothers do have them.
Re: NDLEA Intercepts Martin Ikechukwu With ₦90m ‘Cocaine Cream’ In Lagos by delekoya: 5:41pm On May 15, 2012
may God help us in this country.This our president was telling us that unless he remove subsiby, this nation wuld not be governable. now after he succeded in making more funds available for himself and governors. he shuld not be telling us no fund again. afterall we still pay N97 for petrol.

Re: NDLEA Intercepts Martin Ikechukwu With ₦90m ‘Cocaine Cream’ In Lagos by Ejine(m): 5:42pm On May 15, 2012
WHAT!!? Creamy Cocaine!!!? shocked shocked shocked
LMAOOOOO! Naija no dey carry last oOOo!! grin
Re: NDLEA Intercepts Martin Ikechukwu With ₦90m ‘Cocaine Cream’ In Lagos by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 15, 2012
de la coco cream frm ike. Yibooooooooooooooo. I hail deeeee

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Intercepts Martin Ikechukwu With ₦90m ‘Cocaine Cream’ In Lagos by amosy007: 5:46pm On May 15, 2012
cheesy cheesy grin
Re: NDLEA Intercepts Martin Ikechukwu With ₦90m ‘Cocaine Cream’ In Lagos by Ejine(m): 5:46pm On May 15, 2012
Next thing wey we go see now na "Marijuana Meat-Pie".

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Intercepts Martin Ikechukwu With ₦90m ‘Cocaine Cream’ In Lagos by ANTITRIBALISM(m): 5:46pm On May 15, 2012
No Tribalism, Against Tribalism, Avoid Tribalism, Hate Tribalism, Ignore Tribalism, Reject Tribalism, Resist Tribalism, Oppose Tribalism, And Fight Tribalism.

4 Likes

Re: NDLEA Intercepts Martin Ikechukwu With ₦90m ‘Cocaine Cream’ In Lagos by Ejine(m): 5:47pm On May 15, 2012
All in all sha, this is creativity channeled wrongly.
Re: NDLEA Intercepts Martin Ikechukwu With ₦90m ‘Cocaine Cream’ In Lagos by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 15, 2012
Ejiné: All in all sha, this is creativity channeled wrongly.
true,that man should be taken to a special facility and then he should be made to reveal the technique, which in turn would be released to academic institutions, as a ground breaking innovation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests 29 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Owerri (Photos) / Adekunle Mufutau, 4 Others Docked For Possession Of Human Skulls / Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.