Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,844 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable (38483 Views)

Jonathan's Speech At Handover Presentation. / Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe / Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 20, 2012
How can the president of a country say that?? This guy's IQ is lower than 40, and how the heck did he get a Ph.D

If he knows he can't fix the problem, why can't he take the honourable route, and resign??

And if he thinks amalgamation is the problem - he should at least look for a way to undo the amalgamation, by giving us regional governments. Which will lead to the final disintegration of the country... Right now, I won't mind living in a Yoruba country, free of terrorism and tribal hatred - with the ancient of Ibadan as our capital.. The SS can keep their oil, and Northerners can keep Abuja...
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 1:37pm On May 20, 2012
Kobojunkie:

A LandLord criticizing the design and construction of the kitchens in his building is NOT the same as the Landlord expressing doubts in the very foundation of his building . . . I hope that helps you. If you went to rent a home and the LandLord tells you he is not sure the foundation of the house is right, I am guessing you would probably look elsewhere.

You've always been on the daft side, bro.

Whenever you build a house and you find out that the foundation needs shoring up, simply do nothing, because you are the landlord. If any of your neighbours or tenants tells you they've noticed a problem, get your hoards of maniacally red-eyed fools to beat 7 devils out of them.

...Deny until the day the phucked up "mansion" falls on you you and your loved ones, crushing all in its path.

Deny, because you are a coward and liar, a lover of the status quo pretending to be an angel of light.

Olodo.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Kobojunkie: 1:38pm On May 20, 2012
Again . . .
Kobojunkie:

A LandLord criticizing the design and construction of the kitchens in his building is NOT the same as the Landlord expressing doubts in the very foundation of his building . . . I hope that helps you. If you went to rent a home and the LandLord tells you he is not sure the foundation of the house is right, I am guessing you would probably look elsewhere.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by DoctorMcgruff: 1:38pm On May 20, 2012
I wonder what useless school OP went to?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by samstradam: 1:40pm On May 20, 2012
Frank-C:
The OP is just spreading falsehood because i still can't see how he got to his conclusion. No look at this quote: 'from the time of John the Baptist, the kingdom of God suffereth violence.... And only the violent take it by force' Does this really mean that there was violence in God's kingdom the day John was born? Normally, a 'from' is followed by 'to' indicating a valid range of time within which a logic holds true. That is actually the essence of integration (calculus).
Following what Mr President's logic, he is actually saying that the things that went wrong ranges from laying poor foundation for such a gigantic structure to having the product of such poor foundation- including having non ideological political parties to states going to Abuja monthly for hand out to having a former president mentioning blood and election in thesame sentence.
The question any sincere person must ask himself is which of the problems for which the president is insulted just started today? Actually, we suspected that they have been there, but now we know the extent. But wait a minute, what is Fashola, Peter Obi and Babangida Aliyu's daily feeding budget? You obviously dont know because they sustained business as usual. Do you now get what Jonathan mean when he says that his team wants to change this country?

This is probably the best explanation you will find here on the actual "English" words that were spoken; but the conclusion of the poster given his correct citation of the prepositional clause form of "from", is a truly mind burgling pathetic indictment of our educational system.

Frank-C:
The OP is just spreading falsehood because i still can't see how he got to his conclusion. No look at this quote: 'from the time of John the Baptist, the kingdom of God suffereth violence.... And only the violent take it by force' Does this really mean that there was violence in God's kingdom the day John was born?

For the avoidance of doubt, YES, literally (the "from" part) and figuratively (the "violence" part), it does.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by 4evergod3: 1:40pm On May 20, 2012
I remember mentioning yesterday that anywhere you just Whisper GEJ beaf would pop up right on cue like a jack in the box... wait a minute isnt that a puppet? I guess it is. speaks volumes of the likes of beaf. Yesterday if he had a shotgun he would have blasted Buhari to kingdom come for something similar and today he has dug into GEJ with this tallons trying so desperately to keep him from falling even when GEJ also spoke figuratively.

FORKED TONGUED SHITE HEAD
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by imparable7(m): 1:42pm On May 20, 2012
hmm
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ballabriggs: 1:43pm On May 20, 2012
Anytime a thread like this comes up you see Igbo people all over it, yelling 'Biafra'. What is wrong with this people, is it in their DNA to be stupid? They think they know a lot but they are the most myopic of the major ethnic groups. No wonder they lost the war, the assumption was we would defeat others easily after all we are "more intelligent" than the rest. Little did they know "khaki no be leather".
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 1:43pm On May 20, 2012
virgo: Interesting debate. I think everyone has a point but @Kobojunkie, get rid of the condescending tone in your argument because for someone who is attacking people for their lack of English language skills, your grammar is not so impressive. Cue - "Wasting both our times..."

Kobojunkies English is a study in cut and join. Proper vulcaniser style tosh. I cracked the joke below earlier on this thread:

Beaf:

Don't you see that kobojunkie speaks English like a vulcaniser? He is only expressing his misunderstanding of the use of English words.
A typical kobojunkie sentence:
"What we know is this that, that is why the way you are saying this is not the way that this should be said."

Okongu!

Vulcanisers go wound pikin go with laf o! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

...And kobojunkie immediately confirmed with:

Kobojunkie:

Good to see the predictable remains so!

Classic!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Blackteeth(m): 1:43pm On May 20, 2012
Kobojunkie:

If I criticize my country's political system which steers the country, am I not expressing doubts over my country's future outlook?
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Kobojunkie: 1:44pm On May 20, 2012
Blackteeth:
If I criticize my country's political system which steers the country, am not expressing doubts over my country's future outlook?

please, enough!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ballabriggs: 1:44pm On May 20, 2012
BTW forgive Jona, that speech was made under the influence of expired ogogro. He never makes such consciously.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 20, 2012
And how the heck did the problem start in 1914, when the British never complained about what they enjoyed from 1914-1960??

Southern Cameroon was part of Nigeria in 1914, but they left in 1960...

We all had the opportunity to do the same - but one of our "Pan-African" founding fathers wanted Nigeria, for reasons known to him... GEJ should have studied the history of the country, before opening his clueless and ignorant mouth to spew rubbish....

Our problem started in 1959!!! We had an opportunity, but we blew it.. Southern Cameroon had the same opportunity in 1960, and they took it... It's not too late to undo the amalgamation IMO..
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by 4evergod3: 1:47pm On May 20, 2012
Yes Porky its me again your worst nightmare. Have a go at me again today and let me relive your a-sswhupping experience of yesterday for you.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by samstradam: 1:48pm On May 20, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Advice, never apply for a job as an English Teacher,or a Language Teacher! Please, we have enough evening market trained teachers dragging the Nigerian Education System down.

Sad but true.

It seems poor Frank is one of the many people we have in this country with qualifications but insufficient understanding.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Blackteeth(m): 1:49pm On May 20, 2012
Kobojunkie:
please, enough!
ROFLMAO. Can you beat the logic?
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by 4evergod3: 1:50pm On May 20, 2012
GEJ IS CLUELESS AS USUAL. THE PROBLEMS OF NIGERIA ARE BEYOND HIM SO HE IS PLAYING THE BLAME GAME. HOW DARE HE TALK ABOUT THE AMALGAMATION AS A PROBABLE CAUSE OF OUR PROBLEMS. EVERY PROBLEM CAN BE FIXED IF YOU GO ABOUT SOLVING IT THE RIGHT WAY. A MAN WHO BELIEVES THE PROBLEMS ARE OLDER THAN HIM HENCE HE LACKS THE WISDOM AND GUTTS TO SOLVE THEM ISNT FIT TO BE A LEADER. THE HONOURABLE THING TO DO IS SIMPLY TENDER HIS RESIGNATION. ABI NA FORCE TO FINISH HIS TERM?
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Tare55(m): 1:50pm On May 20, 2012
ismhab:
Ebele was dangerous, Ebele is dangerous, Ebele will be dangerous for ever.

Dangerous to fellow Boko Haram insurgents like u. What's wrong with u guys? Are u tired of blowing ur selves up? Go on plant one more bomb and shout ur ala wakubar rubbish!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by CyberG: 1:51pm On May 20, 2012
Jonathan is a piece of dumb ass shaite!! If you cannot and have not fixed any problem in Nigeria since your days in Bayelsa GH but shift blames, resign and get the fu<k out of the seat you occupy. But what can anyone expect from a serial non-performer who is more daft than a piece of shit??
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by virgo(f): 1:51pm On May 20, 2012
Kobojunkie:

First, if you do not like my style of debating, ignore my posts.

Second, this is not an English lecture room that I have to use perfect English to please you. This is an online forum and I am not here to win any awards. Rules do not require that I first run my posts through a word processor before posting, so again, if you do not like my posts, ignore!

Third, you do not have to beat the word editor to be able to identify the meaning of statements made in most any language you are familiar with . . .

Next!

My oh my, aren't we rather sensitive today? Someone said, and I quote - "Advice, never apply for a job as an English Teacher,or a Language Teacher! Please, we have enough evening market trained teachers dragging the Nigerian Education System down."

The above statement, condescending as it is, implies that you have an excellent grasp of the language in question.

Anyway, this is just coming from an interested observer. Please carry on the conversation. I have a thing for your debates. smiley
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by 4evergod3: 1:52pm On May 20, 2012
CyberG: Jonathan is a piece of dumb ass shaite!! If you cannot and have not fixed any problem in Nigeria since your days in Bayelsa GH but shift blames, resign and get the fu<k out of the seat you occupy. But what can anyone expect from a serial non-performer who is more daft than a piece of shit??

MY BROTHER ME TOO I WONDER OO
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 1:52pm On May 20, 2012
Why are lovers of the status quo scared shiitless when they hear 1914? Just asking. grin

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Kobojunkie: 1:53pm On May 20, 2012
virgo:

My oh my, aren't we rather sensitive today? Someone said, and I quote - "Advice, never apply for a job as an English Teacher,or a Language Teacher! Please, we have enough evening market trained teachers dragging the Nigerian Education System down."

The above statement, condescending as it is, implies that you have an excellent grasp of the language in question.

Anyway, this is just coming from an interested observer. Please carry on the conversation. I have a thing for your debates. smiley

Of course I don't enjoy folks like you coming in to set rules on how, or how I cannot debate. It is an open forum, if you do not like what I type, move on.

I have already responded to your posts, and you can pretty much apply the previous response here as well .
And on that note, I choose to move on . . . .
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 20, 2012
Where is BEAF??

Can you now accept that the president Zoology pseudo-Ph.D man in aso rock is clueless now?? He doesn't even know the history of the country he governs lol... Shame shame shame!!!

I see why he got married to a pepper seller lol. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by 4evergod3: 1:55pm On May 20, 2012
Beaf: Why are lovers of the status quo scared shiitless when they hear 1914? Just asking. grin

Lovers of the status quo? Here again with your question asking fact gathering tactics porky? Dude no one is listening to you cant you get that? Time has moved on since you were dropped on your head from your mamas own hand. NEXT!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by manny4life(m): 1:55pm On May 20, 2012
@ Topic,

I will say it like I see it.

According to the President, something must have gone wrong along the line from 1914 when the Southern and Northern Protectorate amalgamated till date, stressing that the problem of Nigeria did not start today.

If it's true that Mr. President did make this comment, then I'm of the opinion that his statement here does not express doubt about the foundation of the North/South Amalgamation. The man said from 1914 till date (after the fact), NOT during or before the amalgamation. Yes, though the foundation (amalgamation) started on the right footing, but along the way, something went wrong. The ground foundation isn't the issue, but the journey after 2nd floor to 50th floor is the problem. Now, if he expressed that the foundation (amalgamation)itself was a problem, that's a totally different scenario, but unfortunately, that's not the case here

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by aljharem(m): 1:56pm On May 20, 2012
Beaf: Why are lovers of the status quo scared shiitless when they hear 1914? Just asking. grin

Dude to be honest OTHER NIGERIANS ARE TIRED OF THIS COUNTRY.

I really hope 1914 split happen but only this time, rather than 2 it would be 5
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by samstradam: 1:56pm On May 20, 2012
BTW I agree that the amalgamation was a mistake, but my belief has no relevance as I did not swear an oath (before God and man) to protect it.

In the Military of any known country, one would be courtmartialled for this.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by virgo(f): 1:56pm On May 20, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Of course I don't enjoy folks like you coming in to set rules on how, or how I cannot debate. It is an open forum, if you do not like what I type, move on.

I have already responded to your posts, and you can pretty much apply the previous response here as well .
And on that note, I choose to move on . . . .

Then don't set the rules for others. Disagree with their point and not their manner of expression. That said, toodles. kiss
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 20, 2012

You sound as clueless as the president..

Was Southern Cameroon part of Nigeria in 1914 or not Didn't they stay out of the cesspit??

Did the Brits ever complain about Nigeria from 1914-1960??

Did we have the opportunity to go our separate way in 1959 - YES or NO

You guys need to stop blaming 1914 - our problem started in 1959 in London...
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by fashizie(m): 1:58pm On May 20, 2012
3words to describe dis president;dull,dull and dull.every day this leader jst comes up wit anoda dull display.his words are neva pragmatic.after all said n done what did he profer as d way forward in his capacity as d presido?
dis man lacks wisdom action n real balls.a leader dT lacks dis 3 attributes is a mistake.really wish God can bless him wit one cos i want him to succeed.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 1:58pm On May 20, 2012
4evergod3:

Lovers of the status quo? Here again with your question asking fact gathering tactics porky? Dude no one is listening to you cant you get that? Time has moved on since you were dropped on your head from your mamas own hand. NEXT!

Ain't you a lover of the status quo? A parasite and awuf luv'n fuckwit who has nothing to offer but death by bombs? Ain't you the messenger of thieves and extorters who regularly threaten the peace loving ones amongst us with bloodshed?

Why are you scared of the mention of 1914 if you think your contribution to the economy and our security are worth a goats fart?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

The King Of Otuoke Welcomes GEJ Trekker 'oladele John Nihi' / U.S. Pentagon Finalizes Plan To Fight Boko Haram -by Attorney Patryk Utulu (USA) / Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.