Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? (27722 Views)

Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? / Women Are Their Worst Enemies / Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by coogar: 12:49pm On May 25, 2012
chaircover: Ive missed ooooooo!

Ok I cant read the whole 10 pages but can someone please tell me how many times the word "cretin" and the phrase "product of a failed educational system" was mentioned grin

Back to the question - I really dont know. I think that is just the way we are. My attention was first brought this a few years ago when My friend and her husband came to visit and we put on the TV and flicked to Nollywood and this woman appeared on the screen and my friend and I both at the same time said something about the lady's terrible toe nails. The men were like WHAT!!!! how did you see that in seconds? of course they were busy working their way down from the face LOL but us women were working our way up.

I personally think that us women (me included) have a lot of drama and I feel more comfortable with male friends. You kind of know where you are with men. When a man is quiet, you know that he is not just in the mood to talk, when a woman is quiet it could be because you offended her 6 years ago which she is yet to tell you. We are just more complex beings.

JK said about the hormones, could be true but some of us dont suffer from PMT so we have no excuse embarassed but I am still full or drama nevertheless. but I tell you something, the world will be a very boring place without women. We are all a bright ray of sunshine kiss

[img]http://oels.byu.edu/student/idioms/idioms/images/hit_nail_on_head.jpg[/img]
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 25, 2012
chaircover: Ive missed ooooooo!

I personally think that us women (me included) have a lot of drama and I feel more comfortable with male friends. You kind of know where you are with men. When a man is quiet, you know that he is not just in the mood to talk, when a woman is quiet it could be because you offended her 6 years ago which she is yet to tell you. We are just more complex beings.

Naa, me I don't feel comfortable with male friends. grin Always looking at me somehow, or trying to hug or touch me one way or the other. angry angry

I guess we are all different at the end of the day. My girlfriends aren't that even close to me cheesy, I tell them to they are my acquaintances not really friends. grin But I'll be there when they need me to be. wink Some of them are at a higher level of acquaintanceship than the others, lol. I guess that's why I'm shielded from all the bickering. tongue

Thread Closed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheesy
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by dayokanu(m): 6:11pm On May 25, 2012
stillwater:

Naa, me I don't feel comfortable with male friends. grin Always looking at me somehow, or trying to hug or touch me one way or the other. angry angry

I guess we are all different at the end of the day. My girlfriends aren't that even close to me cheesy, I tell them to they are my acquaintances not really friends. grin But I'll be there when they need me to be. wink Some of them are at a higher level of acquaintanceship than the others, lol. I guess that's why I'm shielded from all the bickering. tongue

So which one do you feel more comfortable with

Man looking, hugging an touching you one way or women doing that to you(Hugging and touching you)
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by cfours: 1:44am On May 26, 2012
stillwater:

totally agree with your first 2 sentences.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by queensmith: 8:13am On May 26, 2012
Its backwards to state women are irrational and even worse to use their hormones as an excuse. Maybe in Nigeria there is something in the water making them mad and irrational.

A woman that is only comfortable with male friends is the insecure type that seeks validation from men. You've been raised to believe you are nothing until a man says you are and you've intentionally seeked out male Friends to further validate you.

Pettiness and bickering is down to personalities and nothing to do with gender, what of men that bicker, gossip argue and fight in the absence of sexism soo many nonsense notions will never exist. If you are insecure and irrational that's personal to you don't group women up as all being the same or try and use nonsense like pmt or hormones to excuse your securities. Makes me sick to the bone. Take one step forward and comments like yours drive us 500 steps back. Mshew.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Sagamite(m): 9:19am On May 26, 2012
c.fours:

totally agree with your first 2 sentences.

Don't worry. In another 10 to 15 years you will not have that problem at all anymore.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Nobody: 9:21am On May 26, 2012
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by queensmith: 9:45am On May 26, 2012
chaircover: Queensmith absolutely your personal opinion LOL

It's the truth, you seem to be comfortable enough and even encourage this irrational behavior in men yet you go on to state women are overly dramatic. Think about what you are saying.

Its common for insecure women to say things like that, what will be your explanation for men that beat and kill themselves on a daily basis? Whats non complex about that?
Your conditioning has made you generalize women, you believe your reactions to situations are down to you being a woman and not down to your personality. In the process you encourage misogyny and further demean women by making such inaccurate statements.

If you are afraid of women it's because you were raised to seek validation from men. Nothing more and nothing less, all this talk of hormones and what you have it is just what you've been told. and its nonsense.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Nobody: 9:52am On May 26, 2012
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Sagamite(m): 10:16am On May 26, 2012
queensmith:

It's the truth, you seem to be comfortable enough and even encourage this irrational behavior in men yet you go on to state women are overly dramatic. Think about what you are saying.

Its common for insecure women to say things like that, what will be your explanation for men that beat and kill themselves on a daily basis? Whats non complex about that?
Your conditioning has made you generalize women, you believe your reactions to situations are down to you being a woman and not down to your personality. In the process you encourage misogyny and further demean women by making such inaccurate statements.

If you are afraid of women it's because you were raised to seek validation from men. Nothing more and nothing less, all this talk of hormones and what you have it is just what you've been told. and its nonsense.

Ghetto Scientific facts! grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by queensmith: 10:23am On May 26, 2012
chaircover: There is a difference between the sexes whether we like to accept it or not; whether it is how we were raised, our genetics, wharreva, the fact still remains that we are different.

How often do you see a man cry and how often do you see a man instinctively reposition the crooked neck of a baby on its mothers back?

O yes, one has a penis and he other a vagina, your genetics define that. Who you turn out to be is a result of your upbringing. Nothing in a womans genome makes her cry easily or stops a man from doing so. There are men who cry all the time and women who will never cry in front of someone. It's all in how you were raised.

Instinct? This is nothing to do with instinct? You are taught how to do things that supposedly make you a female. You are conditioned to believe being weak is down to your sex, you are told what a 'lady' is meant to be like. Your genetic composition is nothing to do with that. We are both women yet I am absolutely and completely different from you, we don't reason the same and we have different personalities.

People are different, people! no 2 people are the same. As much as the argument ongoing, it's always being suggested that there is some sort of gender attribution to the way people behave, it's not that difficult to realize this is only down to social conditioning. It is however, definitely backwards to suggest men have any sort of 'personality superiority' (for lack of a better phrase) or that men are 'better' socially than women especially with women!
Take this forum as an example- the men are very quick to display their emotions and throw toys out of the pram. It shows most of them are incredibly irrational, and you say this is what you are comfortable with. Reality opposes your pov.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by emmatok(m): 10:30am On May 26, 2012
queensmith: Its backwards to state women are irrational and even worse to use their hormones as an excuse. Maybe in Nigeria there is something in the water making them mad and irrational.

A woman that is only comfortable with male friends is the insecure type that seeks validation from men. You've been raised to believe you are nothing until a man says you are and you've intentionally seeked out male Friends to further validate you.

Pettiness and bickering is down to personalities and nothing to do with gender, what of men that bicker, gossip argue and fight in the absence of sexism soo many nonsense notions will never exist. If you are insecure and irrational that's personal to you don't group women up as all being the same or try and use nonsense like pmt or hormones to excuse your securities. Makes me sick to the bone. Take one step forward and comments like yours drive us 500 steps back. Mshew.

The fact that you are quick to judge other women here, shows you are guilty of the topic.

Yes, there are women who are more comfortable with men, and it has noting to do with insecurities or self-validation,some men are also like that.

It all depends on the environment.

Well, since you are sick it shows your HORMONES are raging.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by emmatok(m): 10:31am On May 26, 2012
queensmith: Its backwards to state women are irrational and even worse to use their hormones as an excuse. Maybe in Nigeria there is something in the water making them mad and irrational.

The fact that you are quick to judge other women here, shows you are guilty of the topic.

Yes, there are women who are more comfortable with men, and it has noting to do with insecurities or self-validation,some men are also like that.

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Nobody: 10:32am On May 26, 2012
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by emmatok(m): 10:32am On May 26, 2012

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by queensmith: 10:39am On May 26, 2012
emmatok: javascript:void(0);

Is that not why we're here.

If a woman is more comfortable with a man she needs help, and vice versa.

yes an environment of producing insecure women

here we go *rolls eyes*
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by queensmith: 10:50am On May 26, 2012
chaircover:
You seem to the taking this male/female thing a little too serious, infact way too serious. Yes that I feel more comfortable with male friends doesn't mean that I dont feel more comfortable with say female drivers or female colleagues for example. Friendship is one of many many relationships that we have as humans. I gave a personal opinion which I shared. To now give me a full psychological analysis & diss my parents parental skills based on one sentence that I made kind of shows the drama that I was referring to.

I do- we foster a culture of hate towards women, it's disgusting. I cannot stand it, I don't even blame them men (they only feel like men when they have an unstable woman to manipulate). Its women that encourage it. Imagine having a daughter and she's conditioned to believe she is mentally unstable, insecure and less likely to build meaningful relationships unless with a man. Telling her her physiology makes her irrational It's ridiculous. Suppressing her talents and pushing her to submission.
All for what?
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by bournvita: 11:42am On May 26, 2012
Lol. Action thread
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by bournvita: 11:55am On May 26, 2012
queensmith:

I do- we foster a culture of hate towards women, it's disgusting. I cannot stand it, I don't even blame them men (they only feel like men when they have an unstable woman to manipulate). Its women that encourage it. Imagine having a daughter and she's conditioned to believe she is mentally unstable, insecure and less likely to build meaningful relationships unless with a man. Telling her her physiology makes her irrational It's ridiculous. Suppressing her talents and pushing her to submission.
All for what?

You have raised good points here, Infact I must say you are a very strong woman.

But being submissive does not stop you from being the woman that you are, neither does it suppress your talent. Its just a way of saying, We both cannot fly this plane let me step down and let you take charge. Believe me when I say, even though my husband thinks he is running the show sometimes, I know it is the complete opposite as there are times(many) when he just relaxes himself and I continue from where he stopped. I said it many times on this forum that before I got married, my best friend was a Yoruba boy. We were friends not because I don't like my fellow women but because I tried both genders and that one worked for me better.

I would never tell my daughter that she is less than any man or woman but I will make it known to her that hey, as hard as I may try to teach you somethings about life, I cannot do a better job than daddy in some areas as our job differs. My work in that house is to teach my daughters the way of a woman and my sons how to treat women when they grow up. My husband's job is to teach my boys how to be men and my daughters, what to expect from men.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by queensmith: 12:35pm On May 26, 2012
bournvita:

You have raised good points here, Infact I must say you are a very strong woman.

But being submissive does not stop you from being the woman that you are, neither does it suppress your talent. Its just a way of saying, We both cannot fly this plane let me step down and let you take charge. Believe me when I say, even though my husband thinks he is running the show sometimes, I know it is the complete opposite as there are times(many) when he just relaxes himself and I continue from where he stopped. I said it many times on this forum that before I got married, my best friend was a Yoruba boy. We were friends not because I don't like my fellow women but because I tried both genders and that one worked for me better.

I would never tell my daughter that she is less than any man or woman but I will make it known to her that hey, as hard as I may try to teach you somethings about life, I cannot do a better job than daddy in some areas as our job differs. My work in that house is to teach my daughters the way of a woman and my sons how to treat women when they grow up. My husband's job is to teach my boys how to be men and my daughters, what to expect from men.

This is the thing, I read this on a daily basis here and since soo many women agree it's hard to project an opinion without insulting cultures, traditions and even religion in the process.
The ideal of 'submitting' to a man wasn't created by a woman, what does it profit females to follow ideals initiated by men in a desperate bid to feel superior.

The ship analogy was created by a man whose validation and self assurance comes from manipulating women, the bible that teaches this was written by a man. You only need to sit down and weigh the circumstances to understand its an illogical conclusion.

Our ideas of marriage are different, in africa a woman needs to be married to be complete, her achievements are nill without a man to follow about, yet men are encouraged to compete to be the best and pursue their dreams. Then use all the money he has to buy a woman. It's ridiculous, but lets face it, alot of these men are nothing if women are independent and follow their own rules and visions, it only helps then when we accept that we are weak and need a man to make decisions for us.

This is why many men marry younger women, poorer and less educated women and why women pursue richer men, we have been conditioned to be dependent and insecure.

Saying you can be submissive and still be yourself is like saying you can be a slave and still be free- it doesn't make any sense.

It's not right, you cannot enjoy it and you certainly shouldn't accept it.. As humans we are worth nothing if we can't contribute our individuality and depend on the opposite gender to dictate to us our own values. It is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by bournvita: 12:38pm On May 26, 2012
Does the fact that one captain decides to let the other one control the ship, make him any less experienced? Does it make him inferior? Less appreciated, less of himself?

Not convenient to type long now.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Sagamite(m): 12:43pm On May 26, 2012
queensmith:
All for what?

Men tend to stay away from unstable women, you should know that.

queensmith:

O yes, one has a penis and he other a vagina, your genetics define that. Who you turn out to be is a result of your upbringing. Nothing in a womans genome makes her cry easily or stops a man from doing so. There are men who cry all the time and women who will never cry in front of someone. It's all in how you were raised.

Instinct? This is nothing to do with instinct? You are taught how to do things that supposedly make you a female. You are conditioned to believe being weak is down to your sex, you are told what a 'lady' is meant to be like. Your genetic composition is nothing to do with that. We are both women yet I am absolutely and completely different from you, we don't reason the same and we have different personalities.

People are different, people! no 2 people are the same. As much as the argument ongoing, it's always being suggested that there is some sort of gender attribution to the way people behave, it's not that difficult to realize this is only down to social conditioning. It is however, definitely backwards to suggest men have any sort of 'personality superiority' (for lack of a better phrase) or that men are 'better' socially than women especially with women!
Take this forum as an example- the men are very quick to display their emotions and throw toys out of the pram. It shows most of them are incredibly irrational, and you say this is what you are comfortable with. Reality opposes your pov.

Now to come to this pile of moronic junk you put here.

When I tell you that your education is poor, you will think I am insulting you instead of thinking I am informing you.

Go back to school and try and learn how to analyse data.

Because you can find exceptions, does not mean you should state it is a norm. Because Margaret Thatcher is tough does not mean she is representative of how women naturally are. Because you can find some men that might bi[i]t[/i]ch, does not mean men and women are equal in it.

Go and learn about Bell Curves, mean and standard deviation. GOOGLE IT, Dimwit!

[img]http://uwf.edu/pcl/statistics/EDF6404/week04/images/image096.gif[/img]

If you select a random sample population of men and you select another for women and you did a statistical analysis of their hating on members of their gender, you will get normal probability distribution like the above. There will be some women that do not, but far less than the men that do not. There will be some men that do it, but far less than the women that do. Hence a different bell curve, one more to the left (men), one more to the right (women). The women would have a far higher mean, that is why it is rational and sane for real women with nice slim curves and lovely face like CC to say that is the way women are generally (when comparison is made with the obvious comparator group, men). The same kinds of bell curves apply to height (se[i]x[/i]ual dimorphism). Because some girls are taller than most men does not mean women are equally as tall as men (except to dimwits that have your educational background with their Ghetto analysis).

Stop moronically arguing against scientific fact.

I know you did not get the stuff detailed above. It is way above your level and you will not have the educational foundation to comprehend it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTSNVh-ah-4
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by queensmith: 12:49pm On May 26, 2012
bournvita: Does the fact that one captain decides to let the other one control the ship, make him any less experienced? Does it make him inferior? Less appreciated, less himself?

Yes, it's the more experienced captain that will control this hypothetical ship. And this analogy doesn't logically apply to marriage and relationships for the mere fact that we are not dealing with predictable mechanics and engineering (man made), we are dealing with different people and their emotions.
I don't understand why we scramble for any sort of ranking in a marriage, subordination in marriage is only going to profit or bring dignity to one person. This apparently more experienced, more sensible highly placed ruler (the man).

I see why men will embrace this, but women that do so? It's sad.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 26, 2012
Sagamite: Ghetto Scientific facts! grin grin grin grin

You are not serious. I'll report you to FBI for cyber bullying. tongue

Seems the men enjoy when women say they prefer their friendship.cheesy If I were a guy, I would be very wary if I hear such.

I agree but let's not forget the tomboys. But the insecurity thing and validation from men in such females is not far from the truth. I knew this female (my sister's friend) that complained to us that all the girls hated her or so, because she was always in the midst of breaking their relationships. She also told us the guys tried to rape her on different occasions. Do you know that this girl was more concerned about the girls bickering behind her than the rape attempts on her? And guess what, she's a major chanter of 'I prefer male friendships'.

From my vast experiences, grin I have also noticed when another female gets into a group of guys and one girl (who's a major chanter of 'I prefer male friendship' I have to add grin), the 'indigenous' girl feels threatened and automatically dislikes the new one.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Sagamite(m): 1:13pm On May 26, 2012
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Sagamite(m): 1:15pm On May 26, 2012
stillwater:

You are not serious. I'll report you to FBI for cyber bullying. tongue

Seems the men enjoy when women say they prefer their friendship.cheesy If I were a guy, I would be very wary if I hear such.

I am just giving people on NL free public lectures like Gresham College.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gresham_College

Call my institution Sagamu College. The free classes are provided by Professor Sagamite.

By the way, have you picked up you application form as I stated on my profile?
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 26, 2012
@queensmith.
U're trying hard to prove urself a feminist. Good job. However, it's genetic for women to act the way they do. Jealousy is a female trait. Read it up for free on the net.
That a few men are jealous or bicker and a few women love their female folks doesn't make it a norm. U talk abt people being influenced by what they are taught, u are right but nobody teaches others to be jealous. It comes naturally.
Sometimes i get this feeling that u are actually a man fronting as a woman.
BTW, i've met many 'tough' women who break down or lose it at critical moments and i always realize that no matter hw tough a woman acts, she still has that female vulnurability that cracks her at critical moments.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by emmatok(m): 8:22pm On May 26, 2012
queensmith:

Is that not why we're here.

If a woman is more comfortable with a man she needs help, and vice versa.

yes an environment of producing insecure women

here we go *rolls eyes*

From your post it shows that you are a Highly temperamental and Choleric woman.

Women like you will fight everybody over everything, especial when they don't see things from you POV.

It is a great weakness called INSECURITY AND INFERIORITY COMPLEX.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by pleep(m): 4:48pm On Nov 27, 2012
I actually think women are good at sticking up for each other On issues that are actually important. But when it comes to romance the main difference between girls and boys is that us as guys know that any fight we have could turn physical. So we have greater incentive to prevent such disagreements A.k.A the bro-code.

A good example of this is me and my roommate, we both liked the same girl. He was trying to date her and i was almost certain i would get some hankey pankey. The chick was perfectly fine with flirting with 2 dudes that lived in the same room... But i as a follower of the bro code knew that what was going on was about to get real messy. So i bowed out gracefully.

There is no one around to break up a dorm fight!
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by pleep(m): 4:57pm On Nov 27, 2012
Queen
queensmith:

How can you people continue saying this stuff. the differences between men and women are created by the chemicals testosterone and estrogen.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by queensmith: 10:10pm On Nov 27, 2012
pleep: QueenHow can you people continue saying this stuff. the differences between men and women are created by the chemicals testosterone and estrogen.

you need to add more to this statement, yes there are differences in the level of hormones each produce. What exactly do these hormones do?
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by queensmith: 10:12pm On Nov 27, 2012
Gaggi: @queensmith.
U're trying hard to prove urself a feminist. Good job. However, it's genetic for women to act the way they do. Jealousy is a female trait. Read it up for free on the net.
That a few men are jealous or bicker and a few women love their female folks doesn't make it a norm. U talk abt people being influenced by what they are taught, u are right but nobody teaches others to be jealous. It comes naturally.
Sometimes i get this feeling that u are actually a man fronting as a woman.
BTW, i've met many 'tough' women who break down or lose it at critical moments and i always realize that no matter hw tough a woman acts, she still has that female vulnurability that cracks her at critical moments.

Prove myself a feminist? Do I need to prove that? I believe men and women are equal, I don't need to prove that.

Ok, i'm not going to read anymore trash at face value- any further statements like this need to be backed up by science.

I'm no longer entertaining misogynist African crap.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent / Reactions As Bride Crawled To Present Cake To In-laws On Wedding Day / What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Having 2 Wives?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.