Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,949 members, 7,952,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:38 AM

Pictures Of Suicide Attacker John Akpabu Arrested At Radio House Abuja - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Suicide Attacker John Akpabu Arrested At Radio House Abuja (41194 Views)

Emotional Story Of John Akpavan. Abuja Radio House Suicide Attacker / Emotional Story Of John Akpavan. Abuja Radio House Suicide Attacker / Man Arrested At Radio House With Grenades & Live Ammo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Suicide Attacker John Akpabu Arrested At Radio House Abuja by SpiritofOkija(m): 8:29am On May 22, 2012
Piyke: This looks like a plot to me. A number of things dont add up

1. This guy looks too well fed to be a suicide bomber (could be wrong though after all I've never met any of them)

2. Using grenades? BH has always used IED's

3. Knowing Nigerians, I was expecting that when I see the picture of this guy his face would be somewhat disfigured from the beating he would have received from the crowd.

4. How many of the arrested people have ever had the privilege of taking questions from journalists? I watched this guy taking questions from journalist on channels. You can see for yourself here: http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/05/21/man-caught-with-suspected-explosive-device-at-ministerial-briefing-in-abuja/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

5. Observe that in the video he even has a spectacle clipped to his shirt in a cool way

I really wonder. Something is fishy about this.

There is nothing fishy!!

He isnt a Terrorist.. He said it himself and it has been confirmed..

What he was holding werent frag grenadesbut rather teargas grenades (which are non-lethal).. He was also in possesion of some live rounds of ammunition but no guns.. When he was being harrassed by the Journalists, he said he was only returning these items which he found in his late brothers possession and was returning it to the Minister of Information (Laraban Maku) who also happens to be his kinsman.. He said he didnt take them to the police for fear of being labelled a criminal and arrested and molested so he though to bring it in live and hand it over to the minister (who he just so happened to hear over the radio would be at the venue) and also discuss the issue of his brothers allowances and benefits that are being owed to him by the Government..

Lessons from this issue;

1. The Nigerian Police Force does not keep accurate records of arms and ammunitions that they give out to Police officers.

2. The Nigerian journalists are very unprofessional and animalistic in their approach to their job. They already condemned the man before he was found guilty.

3. The Nigerian Police showed gross unprofessionalism on National T.V starting from the way the handled the evidence (one polic officer slung the bag containing what was at the time thought to be Frag grenages over his back) and also the way they handled the suspect like he was already found guilty..

4. The actions of this man goes to further prove that the society has lost confidence in the police and would rather die in silence than walk into a police station to report an incident..

5. The term suicide attacker should be called off and the Nigerian press should issue an apology to the man for labelling him thus..

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Suicide Attacker John Akpabu Arrested At Radio House Abuja by Ozonna(m): 8:39am On May 22, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

There is nothing fishy!!

What he was holding werent frag grenadesbut rather teargas grenades (which are non-lethal).. He was also in possesion of some live rounds of ammunition but no guns.. When he was being harrassed by the Journalists, he said he was only returning these items which he found in his late brothers possession and was returning it to the Minister of Information (Laraban Maku) who also happens to be his kinsman.. He said he didnt take them to the police for fear of being labelled a criminal and arrested and molested so he though to bring it in live and hand it over to the minister (who he just so happened to hear over the radio would be at the venue) and also discuss the issue of his brothers allowances and benefits that are being owed to him by the Government..

Lessons from this issue;

1. The Nigerian Police Force does not keep accurate records of arms and ammunitions that they give out to Police officers.

2. The Nigerian journalists are very unprofessional and animalistic in their approach to their job. They already condemned the man before he was found guilty.

3. The Nigerian Police showed gross unprofessionalism on National T.V starting from the way the handled the evidence (one polic officer slung the bag containing what was at the time thought to be Frag grenages over his back) and also the way they handled the suspect like he was already found guilty..

4. The actions of this man goes to further prove that the society has lost confidence in the police and would rather die in silence than walk into a police station to report an incident..

5. The term suicide attacker should be called off and the Nigerian press should issue an apology to the man for labelling him thus..

You Sir commune with the spirits of Our Ancestors. Spot on!!!
Re: Pictures Of Suicide Attacker John Akpabu Arrested At Radio House Abuja by putro(m): 8:55am On May 22, 2012
The Arbiter: From a cursory examination of the photos (notice the CS on the canister), the grenades in the picture are CS (tear gas) grenades used by anti riot police in violent situations. It has non-lethal classification but has been documented to cause serious deleterious health effects. Documentation indicates it to have caused a death in Israel: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CS_gas

However the possibility exist the ones in the photo may have been stripped and refilled with more deadly explosives (which is not too difficult).
Mr expert how did you know all this you sound like a BH yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Suicide Attacker John Akpabu Arrested At Radio House Abuja by FindOut(m): 9:11am On May 22, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

. . . his name was not a factor in my consideration at all. 386 explosives is highly fatal, yet his captors did not immediately clear the area and lock it down for public safety, instead they went immediately into the bag and started bringing the explosives out into view. If he was there to blow the place up, then apparently the ammos are live. You don't handle live ammos in the manner they did with these 386 units. We sam the outcome in Kaduna with that mobile police that approached one with indifference.

Moreover, if they were live ammos, then they have damaged the government case against him in the manner the evidence were handled. With a very good lawyer he could get the charges dismissed out of court.

I have to agree you have some points there. It's indeed possible that it was a set up, but i think if it was a set up, it was poorly done. Whoever wwas devious enough to think up & plan this (if it was indeed planned) should have been wise enough to plug some loopholes namely his attire & a 'proper' fake (likely northern) name. Dude could even have had a beard to go with it.

But then nywy, i sincerely doubt there is an abundance of intelligent people in the security agencies.

Let's see how d drama plays out.
Re: Pictures Of Suicide Attacker John Akpabu Arrested At Radio House Abuja by nairaman66(m): 10:38am On May 22, 2012

There is nothing fishy!!

Lessons from this issue;

Suicide Bomber my a**. This thing was STAGED na! I mean, look critically at the man.. I am sure his bank account is as fat as him! Or maybe he was heading for the SUYA-SIDE at the Radio House, Abuja.
Re: Pictures Of Suicide Attacker John Akpabu Arrested At Radio House Abuja by vingar: 10:49am On May 22, 2012
engineerd:

You are a bastard for bringing ethnicity into this! You will tell me what Akpabu means in Yoruba today.....phucking slowpoke!
. Thank u my brother for shutin d mouth of that bastard,not only bastard he is also a fool
Re: Pictures Of Suicide Attacker John Akpabu Arrested At Radio House Abuja by worthytalk: 10:52am On May 22, 2012
d ugly side of dis scenario is dat d news abt dis suicider has ended wt is arest. Nobody wil say anytin abt dis guy again, his asociates, his sponsors, wia he receives trainin, belief, past atrocities nobody wil talk abt dem. Evrytin has ended wit his arest. So sad bt dats 9ja 4u.
d ugly side of dis scenario is dat d news abt dis suicider has ended wt is arest. Nobody wil say anytin abt dis guy again, his asociates, his sponsors, wia he receives trainin, belief, past atrocities nobody wil talk abt dem. Evrytin has ended wit his arest. So sad bt dats 9ja 4u.
Re: Pictures Of Suicide Attacker John Akpabu Arrested At Radio House Abuja by calebrita(m): 11:10am On May 22, 2012
You stage a drama to deceive 160 million Nigerians God is watching you. Osama bin ladin's discretion is advised.
Re: Pictures Of Suicide Attacker John Akpabu Arrested At Radio House Abuja by SpiritofOkija(m): 11:23am On May 22, 2012
calebrita: You stage a drama to deceive 160 million Nigerians God is watching you. Osama bin ladin's discretion is advised.

nairaman66:

Suicide Bomber my a**. This thing was STAGED na! I mean, look critically at the man.. I am sure his bank account is as fat as him! Or maybe he was heading for the SUYA-SIDE at the Radio House, Abuja.

worthytalk: d ugly side of dis scenario is dat d news abt dis suicider has ended wt is arest. Nobody wil say anytin abt dis guy again, his asociates, his sponsors, wia he receives trainin, belief, past atrocities nobody wil talk abt dem. Evrytin has ended wit his arest. So sad bt dats 9ja 4u.

Q. What do all three of you have in common with an slowpoke?!

A. You cant read..
Re: Pictures Of Suicide Attacker John Akpabu Arrested At Radio House Abuja by akin33(m): 11:33am On May 22, 2012
God will sanitize naija of terrorist.
Re: Pictures Of Suicide Attacker John Akpabu Arrested At Radio House Abuja by cindyrella(f): 11:45am On May 22, 2012
May God save nigeria from the hands of fresh Air....
Re: Pictures Of Suicide Attacker John Akpabu Arrested At Radio House Abuja by Nobody: 11:56am On May 22, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

There is nothing fishy!!

Lessons from this issue;

You are right on point!
Re: Pictures Of Suicide Attacker John Akpabu Arrested At Radio House Abuja by Akpan107(m): 12:07pm On May 22, 2012
assalis2020: Alhamdulillah. Thanks be to Allah that he is caught. This is the 16th reason to proof that the so called BH of the north does not exist, just the christians in the south doing everything to destabilised the peace and unity in the country. I remember what happen at Abuja, Kaduna, Gombe, Bauchi and Jos. All who are caught are they Muslims. GOD IS WITH THE TRUTHFUL
True talk my bros, i wonder how and why Southern Christians are doing all these things to destroy the North. The late leader of Boko Haram is from (Yusuf Muhamed) Akwa-Ibom State, the present leader is from Cross River (Shekau), Abu qaqa is from Enugu, Kabiru Sokoto is from Imo State and this so-called ''John'' (though, am still waiting for his real name or how he got the explosive and who sent him) is from Nasarawa State in South-South. I believe God will reward everyone accordingly. I call on every Christian in the South to love peace as the people of the North do.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Suicide Attacker John Akpabu Arrested At Radio House Abuja by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 22, 2012
Until mosques also become targets, until all islamic religious leaders become targets, i will never believe boko haram is not an islamist orchestration to exterminate and/or intimidate Christians in Nigeria. Boko Haram, please prove me wrong!

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Suicide Attacker John Akpabu Arrested At Radio House Abuja by funshoa1(m): 1:48pm On May 22, 2012
Alhamdulillah. Thanks be toAllah that he is caught. This is the 16th reason to proof that the so called BH of the north does not exist, just the christians in the south doing everything to destabilised the peace and unity in thecountry. I remember what happen at Abuja, Kaduna, Gombe, Bauchi and Jos. Allwho are caught are they Muslims. GOD IS WITH THE TRUTHFUL True talk bros
Re: Pictures Of Suicide Attacker John Akpabu Arrested At Radio House Abuja by funshoa1(m): 6:28pm On May 22, 2012
Find Out!:
I smell some serious hypocrisy here. I'm not surprised though. Many posters are suspicious that this was ''staged'' or an ''arrangee''. I wonder if they they would have shared the same sentiments if the bomber's name was Yakubu Bello or Aliyu Adamu, or any other muslim/northern name.

And you wonder why this country hasn't progressed.........when bonafide bigots proclaim in loud voices that other people are bigots. #smh
Re: Pictures Of Suicide Attacker John Akpabu Arrested At Radio House Abuja by Tattooboy: 6:50pm On May 22, 2012
hotwax: " Akpabu" is a yoruba man.

The man is a yoruba from rivers state
''Akpabu'' aint yoruba name. The lead sponsor is of d BH is Pres. . .i can't wait
Re: Pictures Of Suicide Attacker John Akpabu Arrested At Radio House Abuja by echobee(f): 7:14pm On May 22, 2012
na wa o
Re: Pictures Of Suicide Attacker John Akpabu Arrested At Radio House Abuja by murtalaa(m): 1:39pm On May 23, 2012
Continue living in denial fvcking hypocrates. Fact is a certain john has been caught trying to blow up explosives.
Re: Pictures Of Suicide Attacker John Akpabu Arrested At Radio House Abuja by Murphy7h4: 3:48pm On May 23, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Suicide Attacker John Akpabu Arrested At Radio House Abuja by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 23, 2012
@Akpan07, so Nasarawa is in south south? lol
Re: Pictures Of Suicide Attacker John Akpabu Arrested At Radio House Abuja by DisGuy: 1:19pm On Feb 23, 2013
Any news on this dude? still in prison awaiting trail for tear gas?

the guy done enter one chance...

next time he'll sell it to the real boko haram instead of facing this kind of harrassment
Re: Pictures Of Suicide Attacker John Akpabu Arrested At Radio House Abuja by findjobuba: 8:00pm On Feb 23, 2013
if d guy man die,make him go hang himself sending innocent nigerians to their untimely grave undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governor Akeredolu Inaugurates Operation Amotekun In Ondo (PHOTOS) / Jonathan Doesn’t Deserve North’s Votes After Wife Abused Northerners – Mrs Buhar / How EFCC Almost Arrested Aisha Buhari’s Impostor – Ribadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.