Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,073 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1727700 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Rebeccabax: 9:56am On Dec 27, 2012
Can someone please answer my question about the bta thingy?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 10:35am On Dec 27, 2012
Rebeccabax: Please, what's the minimum bta to hold when traveling to Johannesburg? I'm leaving on 28th of this month.

Rebeccabax: Can someone please answer my question about the bta thingy?

$500 but these days they don't ask for BTA though i don't know why but to satisfy all formalities try and get up to $500 in case they ask for BTA but i can assure you that nobody will ask you for BTA.

Gbamm over n out

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Rebeccabax: 10:55am On Dec 27, 2012
collinsfbi:

$500 but these days they don't ask for BTA though i don't know why but to satisfy all formalities try and get up to $500 in case they ask for BTA but i can assure you that nobody will ask you for BTA.

Gbamm over n out

Thanks for the reply.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jub009: 3:13pm On Dec 27, 2012
Thanks for the reply.

collinsfbi: If you are going for the NC, don't you think it is rather late but not too late anyway. For flight itinerary, use ordinary online reservation and that can be done a day before your submission day with either South African Airways or Arik but I will advise you to use South African Airways flight reservation.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bobbyhenry: 8:51pm On Dec 28, 2012
Good people of Nairaland,,, please I need your help with this... Some people advice that before I apply for UK or French visa, I need to disvirgin my passport. Now, I have reach the conclusion to travel to SA for at least a month. But my problem now is this, I don't have much on my acc and I want to use my Aunty's bank statement who's sponsoring me. Now, am thinking if to transfer 200k to my personal acc from my Aunty's acc and apply 2weeks after the transfer. And when I apply, I still intend to submit both my Aunty's bank statement and my own bank statement. PLS, MY QUESTION NOW IS THIS-

- Hope this will NOT be referred to as lump deposit?

- Hope I'll have a good chance of getting the visa if I submit both account statements?

Please your advice...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 8:18pm On Dec 29, 2012
bobbyhenry: Good people of Nairaland,,, please I need your help with this... Some people advice that before I apply for UK or French visa, I need to disvirgin my passport. Now, I have reach the conclusion to travel to SA for at least a month. But my problem now is this, I don't have much on my acc and I want to use my Aunty's bank statement who's sponsoring me. Now, am thinking if to transfer 200k to my personal acc from my Aunty's acc and apply 2weeks after the transfer. And when I apply, I still intend to submit both my Aunty's bank statement and my own bank statement. PLS, MY QUESTION NOW IS THIS-

- Hope this will NOT be referred to as lump deposit?

- Hope I'll have a good chance of getting the visa if I submit both account statements?

Please your advice...
Of course it will be regarded as such but you can still do that provided you have additional fund to support yourself because the 200k will not be enough and your aunty must include personal letter of support addressed to South African High commission explaining your relationship and her support toward your trip indicating a particular amount deposited in your account to support your trip. Meanwhile, she will need to attach if possible her ID/Passport data page to her SOC in support of your application. Note that this process is bound to work if for instance you portray yourself as student supported with evidence.

Gbamm over n out

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bobbyhenry: 8:43pm On Dec 29, 2012
collinsfbi: Of course it be regarded as such but you can still do that provided you have additional fund to support yourself because the 200k will not be enough and your aunty must include personal letter of support addressed to South African High commission explaining your relationship and her support toward your trip indicating a particular amount deposited in your account to support your trip. Meanwhile, she will need to attach if possible her ID/Passport data page to her SOC in support of your application. Note that this process is bound to work if for instance you portray yourself as student supported with evidence.

Gbamm over n out

collinsfbi: Of course it be regarded as such but you can still do that provided you have additional fund to support yourself because the 200k will not be enough and your aunty must include personal letter of support addressed to South African High commission explaining your relationship and her support toward your trip indicating a particular amount deposited in your account to support your trip. Meanwhile, she will need to attach if possible her ID/Passport data page to her SOC in support of your application. Note that this process is bound to work if for instance you portray yourself as student supported with evidence.

Gbamm over n out

Gbamm over n out

Oh okay...thanks but one more question b4 I proceed.
What if I transfer at least 700k from her account to my own personal account and submit my own SOC without her own? I'll do it this way...1st week, I'll transfer 350k and 2nd week, another 350k....hope this will help?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by teetee123: 11:26pm On Dec 29, 2012
[quote author=youngbilly1]

wait hold on, are you ok sha, shey i ask you question ni, abi i ask make you dey insult me, shey because say they don scam me 60k or i can't get my passport nah the end of the world, come watch it when you post on here. I never asked you...i asked the poster! Whats with the "Gullible pple like you will
never learn until visa agent" his the same person who did my friends visa and got him a ghanaian residence permit and his leaving january for southy...i came on here to ask for advise not. Abi your father dey crazy ni.. See me see wahala ooo[/quote

@Youngbilly
No visitor to this thread should have dealing with agents.
concerning SA visa. some of these agents are even semi illiterate who are only interested in their our commission , not bothered about the implications of their actions.
I advise you to go through this thread from page one and learn to do the right thing.
Many have testified of the usefulness this thread, Collins and others are always ready to give advice.
I advise you modify your comment.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by teetee123: 11:43pm On Dec 29, 2012
bobbyhenry:

What if I transfer at least 700k from her account to my own personal account and submit my own SOC without her own? I'll do it this way...1st week, I'll transfer 350k and 2nd week, another 350k....hope this will help?

@ bobbyhenry
This is a public forum pls be mindful of your comment. Many people in and out of the country monitor lots of things on Nairaland
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bobbyhenry: 2:16am On Dec 30, 2012
teetee123:

@ bobbyhenry
This is a public forum pls be mindful of your comment. Many people in and out of the country monitor lots of things on Nairaland

Okay....thanks but let me find answer to this issue first. It'll NOT repeat itself. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:41am On Dec 30, 2012
bobbyhenry:

Okay....thanks but let me find answer to this issue first. It'll NOT repeat itself. Thanks
LOL
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 6:49am On Dec 30, 2012
bobbyhenry:

I won't advise you to do that because it will make it worst. You don't need up to 700k in your SOC to apply for SA tourist visa. Does that means you don't have anything in your personal acct? You can't use only your aunty's SOC, if you can try and get up to 150k in your personal account not lump-sum deposit with the 200k from your aunty, then you can go ahead if properly done and arranged as advised in the previous comment.

Gbamm over n out

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bobbyhenry: 7:07am On Dec 30, 2012
collinsfbi: I won't advise you to do that because it will make it worst. You don't need up to 700k in your SOC to apply for SA tourist visa. Does that means you don't have anything in your personal acct? You can't use only your aunty's SOC, if you can try and get up to 150k in your personal account not lump-sum deposit with the 200k from your aunty, then you can go ahead if properly done and arranged as advised in the previous comment.

Gbamm over n out

Bless You Bro!!! I'll follow as advised and instructed... Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by surdik(m): 7:32am On Dec 30, 2012
@ justwise and collinsfbi... What is the process of collecting the repatriation fee back from the embassy after returning back from SA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 9:19am On Dec 30, 2012
surdik: @ justwise and collinsfbi... What is the process of collecting the repatriation fee back from the embassy after returning back from SA.
That is the most frustrating process I have ever seen. After you return to your home country where you applied and paid repatriation, you must wait till your visa expires or you write a letter of cancellation of visa if you are still in possession of a valid SA visa/permit. Go to SA embassy and lay claim with the following documents; original repatriation receipt, your passport, letter of acct details from your bank (though some embassies pay by issuing cheque but I don't know about Nigeria). Besides, there is no specific waiting time in getting pay back as you can be made to wait up to a year. The waiting time is at the discretion of SA Home Affairs and that is one thing I hate most about South African Visa/permit because people who request pay back for repatriation don't get their money back in time and with ease.

Gbamm over n out

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by P406: 10:50am On Dec 30, 2012
hello guys,
a friend who wants to go to SA for ACON with me wants to apply for a tourist
visa and has all his documents,he is married but there is a little issue with
his court marriage certificate(all they did was trad and registry). The trad wedding in 2003
and registry 2007, but says the registry people said he could back date it to 2003 if
he wanted to and so they did.Now he may need to add a copy of that certificate as ties to naija and is
wondering if they do a check up on its veracity there will not be issues.
Collinsfbi i will appreciate your input.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bobbyhenry: 11:04am On Dec 30, 2012
collinsfbi: That is the most frustrating process I have ever seen. After you return to your home country where you applied and paid repatriation, you must wait till your visa expires or you write a letter of cancellation of visa if you are still in possession of a valid SA visa/permit. Go to SA embassy and lay claim with the following documents; original repatriation receipt, your passport, letter of acct details from your bank (though some embassies pay by issuing cheque but I don't know about Nigeria). Besides, there is no specific waiting time in getting pay back as you can be made to wait up to a year. The waiting time is at the discretion of SA Home Affairs and that is one thing I hate most about South African Visa/permit because people who request pay back for repatriation don't get their money back in time and with ease.

Gbamm over n out

So, it is very stressful to this extent? Ah! Na wah o...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ola2tu: 5:09pm On Dec 30, 2012
@ collinsfbi, pls I want to knw job or business prospects or opportunities in SA, what can one do to earn a living, as sources have it that SA is all about drugs, and illegal businesses, what legitimate venture can one embark on. Also won't mind your own experiences also. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dare14: 7:20pm On Dec 30, 2012
collinsfbi: That is the most frustrating process I have ever seen. After you return to your home country where you applied and paid repatriation, you must wait till your visa expires or you write a letter of cancellation of visa if you are still in possession of a valid SA visa/permit. Go to SA embassy and lay claim with the following documents; original repatriation receipt, your passport, letter of acct details from your bank (though some embassies pay by issuing cheque but I don't know about Nigeria). Besides, there is no specific waiting time in getting pay back as you can be made to wait up to a year. The waiting time is at the discretion of SA Home Affairs and that is one thing I hate most about South African Visa/permit because people who request pay back for repatriation don't get their money back in time and with ease.

Gbamm over n out

all dis wahala to collect back the repatriation fee? i also paid it oo,im in SA now spending 3weeks,when i return back they better give me back the repatriation fee oh after my visa expires,
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by emma2ways(m): 7:01am On Dec 31, 2012
Good day friends... I need a visa to SA , but i dnt know what and what documents do i need to apply apart from my passport.. And how much will it cost me to secure D visa... tnks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 7:18pm On Dec 31, 2012
P406: hello guys,
a friend who wants to go to SA for ACON with me wants to apply for a tourist
visa and has all his documents,he is married but there is a little issue with
his court marriage certificate(all they did was trad and registry). The trad wedding in 2003
and registry 2007, but says the registry people said he could back date it to 2003 if
he wanted to and so they did.Now he may need to add a copy of that certificate as ties to naija and is
wondering if they do a check up on its veracity there will not be issues.
Collinsfbi i will appreciate your input.
Since the back dated issue was done officially by the government official at the registry, i am sure the duplicate will carry the same date as the original even if SA embassy decide to verify such which i don't think they do, the date will still remain the same if it was not altered manually.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by P406: 1:53am On Jan 01, 2013
collinsfbi: Since the back dated issue was done official by the government official at the registry, i am sure the duplicate will carry the same date as the original even if SA embassy decide to verify such which i don't think they do, the date will still remain the same if it was not altered manually.

Gbamm over n out
Thanks for your response , yes the copy has the date as the original they have. Will advice him accordingly though we had come to same conclusion. Gracia.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bobbyhenry: 6:26am On Jan 01, 2013
|""|__|""|..**
| |APPY
|__|'''''|__|..**
*--NEW YEAR--*
**:: --2 U all-- ::**

....this year will celebrate you all in Jesus Name....

-+welcoming you all to 2013+-
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by KayVirtuoso: 8:28am On Jan 02, 2013
Hello Guys
Please anyone with useful and authentic info if south africa commission inAbuja is requesting for SAQA. Lagos is and considering the time my school resumes I don't think I will make it. Just want to be sure before going to Abuja. Thanks!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 9:24am On Jan 02, 2013
KayVirtuoso: Hello Guys
Please anyone with useful and authentic info if south africa commission inAbuja is requesting for SAQA. Lagos is and considering the time my school resumes I don't think I will make it. Just want to be sure before going to Abuja. Thanks!
Some people who applied through Abuja Centre from this thread had earlier shared their experiences and from their comments, They said Abuja Centre does not request for SAQA so i think you can apply through Abuja without SAQA. Good luck!

Gbamm over n out

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 9:49am On Jan 02, 2013
ola2tu: @ collinsfbi, pls I want to knw job or business prospects or opportunities in SA, what can one do to earn a living, as sources have it that SA is all about drugs, and illegal businesses, what legitimate venture can one embark on. Also won't mind your own experiences also. Thanks
Though there high rate of unemployment, drugs and illegal businesses in SA, also, there are many people who engage in legitimate businesses depending on your field of study or connections. People in the medical line get job faster with better pay and there are high tendency for people who study science related courses to get jobs but it may not be easy. As for menial jobs, i can't advise people to travel to SA in the name of doing menial jobs because you may not get any most especially if you don't have a work permit though there are people doing menial jobs without permit but it does not pay and they are all *arrangee works. As for business, getting a space is highly expensive most especially if you don't have the resources to start big. There are some who deal with female wave-on, internet cyber cafe, buying and reselling repaired/refurbished cars, some people mostly igbo guys repair phones and sell phone accessories (better than the Zimbas). I will advise you if you don't have the resources to start big in SA please don't come because you won't last long considering expensive accommodation and stores/shops etc

Gbamm over n out

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.