Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,387 members, 7,819,396 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1735307 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Royat1(m): 5:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
chemashie:

just login to wakanow. com and book the flight yourself. You can as well book on flysaa website and pay with your card.
Boss how far with the PhD level ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 6:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
Royat1:
Boss how far with the PhD level ?
Going very well sir; I'm writing up my thesis now.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by afelouz(m): 7:29pm On Jun 18, 2016
I have till july before applying. I'm thinking if i can get a letter from the bank stating that I'm the only signatory to the account, maybe that could help. I could also include it in the letter. Thanks alot
OmoBendel24:

Yeah, it will. But how much more time do you have left, and to spare if need be too? Just ensure the introduction letter is properly done to cover the sponsorship well if you understand me
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dayhor: 9:38pm On Jun 18, 2016

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Royat1(m): 10:06pm On Jun 18, 2016
chemashie:

Going very well sir; I'm writing up my thesis now.
Good to hear bro, will u be staying back in Sa or coming back to Nigeria ? Best of luck in all your future endeavour

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 11:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
Royat1:

Good to hear bro, will u be staying back in Sa or coming back to Nigeria ? Best of luck in all your future endeavour
I don't think I want to stay back for anything here. Besides, I have a job in Nigeria and would like to go back to see how it goes. I would rather prefer to move to Canada or elsewhere though. Trust you are also doing well.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Royat1(m): 11:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
chemashie:

I don't think I want to stay back for anything here. Besides, I have a job in Nigeria and would like to go back to see how it goes. I would rather prefer to move to Canada or elsewhere though. Trust you are also doing well.
Yeah ,you might want to try canny or USA .. Canny make sense ,u can go thru d express entry ..with your PHd u are a boss
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 7:17am On Jun 19, 2016
Kentrasso:

study visa. can i apply for critical skills instead? I'm studying for a masters degree in engineering
Finish your masters before applying for critical skills ,if you are almost done you can apply also for critical skills .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 7:35am On Jun 19, 2016
kassano22:
Ok thanks could you please enlighten me on the " Spousal Visa" or Life partner permit " what are the differences and who qualifies to apply. Thanks and God bless.
You qualified for spousal visa if married to SA citizen while life partner permit if for those not married but have strong bond and decide to live together you apply for life partner (living lover).
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 2:41pm On Jun 19, 2016
Dayhor:
Evening guys!

Has the SA embassy specified a calculated minimum amount that financial statements should prove for maintenance, like the UK embassy does?

How much is the recommended minumum for a study permit, after having paid the full tuition fees and purchased medical insurance?

@staggerlee @samuelUMOH @iWise @naruto02
Since you have paid fees 500k upward should be enough however 700k upward is better but you can use anybody as sponsor .There is no specific amount at SA Embassy
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dayhor: 3:50pm On Jun 19, 2016

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 5:38pm On Jun 19, 2016
Dayhor:

Okeydokey! Thanks!

Could you enlighten about the application procedures at the Lagos embassy, and advise which day of the week is best for a non-lagosian to go for submission?
Tuesday checking of documents, Wednesday payment at the bank and Thursday submission at the Embassy .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by nyce55: 8:02pm On Jun 19, 2016
cool
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by naruto02(m): 8:58pm On Jun 19, 2016
Dayhor:
Evening guys!

Has the SA embassy specified a calculated minimum amount that financial statements should prove for maintenance, like the UK embassy does?

How much is the recommended minumum for a study permit, after having paid the full tuition fees and purchased medical insurance?

@staggerlee @samuelUMOH @iWise @naruto02
It wasn't stated
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 8:26am On Jun 20, 2016
nyce55:
guys Pls I really need Rand's I have nairas
how much rand you need and what rate ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sanmel(f): 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2016
takin35:
I beg make una help na. I beg
You can pay at S.A office in MMA
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Gbollyblaze: 3:26pm On Jun 20, 2016
Hello house,

I finally got my visa today! Praise God!.

However, i applied for critical skills and got exceptional skills - 2years.

Does anyone know why this was issued rather than the critical skills? And is it renewable?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by nyce55: 3:27am On Jun 21, 2016
sad
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by aril: 12:26pm On Jun 21, 2016
Please... anyone here attending University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by muhaogunlo: 3:29pm On Jun 21, 2016
Gbollyblaze:
Hello house,

Does anyone know why this was issued rather than the critical skills? And is it renewable?

Congrats.

Exceptional skills is the old name for critical skills permit, it's similar.

You can renew the visa when it expires, albeit, you can apply for a permanent residence immediately with the current visa you have and God willing, you can get it even before your current visa expires.

Cheers!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Gbollyblaze: 4:31pm On Jun 21, 2016
muhaogunlo:

Congrats.

Exceptional skills is the old name for critical skills permit, it's similar.

You can renew the visa when it expires, albeit, you can apply for a permanent residence immediately with the current visa you have and God willing, you can get it even before your current visa expires.

Cheers!

Many thanks for the info.

Best regards

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 5:50pm On Jun 21, 2016
Gbollyblaze:
Hello house,

Did apply in Lagos? Cos I know they still give exceptional skills outside SA. However you must get a job before 12months and go to a home affairs office and submit proof that u are gainfully employed
To prove that you have complied with the conditions endorsed on your Critical Skills / Quota work visa, please e-mail the following documentation to permitcompliance@dha.gov.za
Certified copy of the first page of your valid passport
Certified copy of your valid Critical Skills / Quota work visa in your passport
Valid contract of employment with your current employer
Comprehensive curriculum vitae in respect of yourself

http://www.dha.gov.za/index.php/immigration-services/visas-permits-compliance-and-cancellations-of-visas/10-immigration-services/783-proof-of-compliance-in-respect-of-the-conditions-endorsed-on-your-critical-skills-work-visa-quota-work-visa

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Gbollyblaze: 7:39pm On Jun 21, 2016
staggerlee:

Did apply in Lagos? Cos I know they still give exceptional skills outside SA. However you must get a job before 12months and go to a home affairs office and submit proof that u are gainfully employed
To prove that you have complied with the conditions endorsed on your Critical Skills / Quota work visa, please e-mail the following documentation to permitcompliance@dha.gov.za
Certified copy of the first page of your valid passport
Certified copy of your valid Critical Skills / Quota work visa in your passport
Valid contract of employment with your current employer
Comprehensive curriculum vitae in respect of yourself

http://www.dha.gov.za/index.php/immigration-services/visas-permits-compliance-and-cancellations-of-visas/10-immigration-services/783-proof-of-compliance-in-respect-of-the-conditions-endorsed-on-your-critical-skills-work-visa-quota-work-visa

Yes i applied in Lagos and i already had an offer for employment which i have of course accepted.

When i get to SA, do i still need to go to the home affairs office to submit all the documents listed?

Thanks a lot for the advise.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 7:49pm On Jun 21, 2016
Gbollyblaze:

Yes i applied in Lagos and i already had an offer for employment which i have of course accepted.

When i get to SA, do i still need to go to the home affairs office to submit all the documents listed?

Thanks a lot for the advise.

Ok cool, you still need to go to any home affairs office in SA to tender all these things after resumption. BTW what field are you or what is ur job role

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Solatium(m): 10:16pm On Jun 21, 2016
takin35:
I beg make una help na. I beg
tickets are cheaper on flyibat.com
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Gbollyblaze: 9:47am On Jun 22, 2016
staggerlee:

Ok cool, you still need to go to any home affairs office in SA to tender all these things after resumption. BTW what field are you or what is ur job role

Ok thanks bro. I really appreciate. I'll be sure to get in touch once i arrive in SA. Please can you send your email?

I'm a web developer. But i was employed as senior IT manager.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by paramajit: 10:53am On Jun 22, 2016
Please house , I need you help on this.Am actually filling my South Africa Visit Visa FORM (BI-84) but am confused on what to fill on this part because I will actually be staying at an hotel for 10 days . I already fill the hotel info where necessary but the below question leaves me worried.

Identity document number or permanent residence permit number of a South African host...(what do i fill).

Thank you and I want gurus in the house to please help me out before I summit .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 11:24am On Jun 22, 2016
paramajit:
Please house , I need you help on this.Am actually filling my South Africa Visit Visa FORM (BI-84) but am confused on what to fill on this part because I will actually be staying at an hotel for 10 days . I already fill the hotel info where necessary but the below question leaves me worried.

Identity document number or permanent residence permit number of a South African host...(what do i fill).

Thank you and I want gurus in the house to please help me out before I summit .
Leave the space blank since you are not invited by citizen or PR holder.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by paramajit: 11:57am On Jun 22, 2016
samuelUMOH:
Leave the space blank since you are not invited by citizen or PR holder.

Thank you Mr Samuel ...I made Hotel reservation through Booking.com but haven't paid though my reservation had been confirmed via email which I will do the print out and summit along but since I have not paid , hope I will not have issue obtaining visa because of that.
Thank you once again.I will be submitting tomorrow morning .

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: CaptainDee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.