Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1730741 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by geekybabe(f): 8:54pm On Jun 10, 2016
Hello everyone. please I need some rands. I have naira and I am in lagos. I'm planning a trip to Johannesburg and I need Rands badly.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by naruto02(m): 10:47pm On Jun 10, 2016
Solatium:
stanbic is a local south African bank,your stanbic bank card should work perfectly well there,but make sure you go to your branch and tell them how long you intend to stay,so you will have seamless usage of the card
Yeah I went to d bank. I told them and they said I can use d card blah blah blah then I left. I visited GTB they (customer care) asked me to use dia telephone and dial a number so I called and asked. Dey said that I can use it on POS and i-purchase but can't withdraw. Remaining diamond ill call dia no and ask
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jun 10, 2016
Good evening house,

I must commend the advice given out to newbies with regards travelling to SA by gurus in the house, samtol4, staggerlee at al

I'll need your advice regarding pursuing Postgraduate studies in South Africa. I am a graduate of Electrical and Electronic Engineering currently working with one of the electricity distribution companies in Nigeria.

I desire to pursue a Masters degree in Electrical Power Engineering(Research based) .

Please I'll like you to suggest scholarships and schools I can apply to for quality research in Electrical Power Engineering.

Also, I'll like to know if it is possible to get a full scholarship in SA being an international student.

I already have my SAQA, and I got NQF Level 8.

Please sirs I need your guidance/advice if doing a Masters in SA is worth resigning my job for.

Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by seangy4konji: 3:32am On Jun 11, 2016
Bro. Can you give me the name and website of the hotel you used and how do you pay sorcery to them??if you did not pay how was it booked directly?kindly explain. Thanks n
Solatium:
Do not let anyone scare you with any cock and bull stories,i submitted mine on the 23 and i got a text to come for collection on 25 it took just 3 day's and i was issued with a visa.....Raise the amount in your account to 400k or slightly above,Make sure your hotel reservations comes directly from the hotel with a reference/booking number,your yellow card must be issued by the port authority.with those in place and all other required documents all genuine,you got no problem bro.Agents are just out to fleece you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 3:47am On Jun 11, 2016
elnino2015:
Good evening house,

I must commend the advice given out to newbies with regards travelling to SA by gurus in the house, samtol4, staggerlee at al

I'll need your advice regarding pursuing Postgraduate studies in South Africa. I am a graduate of Electrical and Electronic Engineering currently working with one of the electricity distribution companies in Nigeria.

I desire to pursue a Masters degree in Electrical Power Engineering(Research based) .

Please I'll like you to suggest scholarships and schools I can apply to for quality research in Electrical Power Engineering.

Also, I'll like to know if it is possible to get a full scholarship in SA being an international student.

I already have my SAQA, and I got NQF Level 8.

Please sirs I need your guidance/advice if doing a Masters in SA is worth resigning my job for.

Thanks.

This is a very good field and its highly needed in SA, but getting scholarship from scratch is a tough call. Its possible but it is tough. The only scholarship that comes to mind is NRF and you can only apply after you are registered in school. Truth is I advise people to go to top schools like UCT, Witts, Stellinbosch or UP. You need to chase career first before scholarships, you have a better standing world wide if you go to top schools especially UCT or Witts. Chase a good school first before scholarships, based on who your supervisor is you can get funding too. Pls run away from black supervisors in all these schools especially a Nigerian supervisor, who supervises you also matter, for funding, publication and career wise. I know what am saying. Also try and do 1 year course work and one year research, a lot of foreigners get it wrong by doing research only, your coursework puts you on a higher pedestal, if you can have a good grade in course work, you can have an SA transcripts, you can apply for jobs with your transcripts and other things, let SA know that you are good because thats the only thing to show people that you are academically sound. Sholarship or not pls come to SA with this degree, i guaranty u a bright future in SA in max of 2.5 years, and u can easily relocate but choose a very good school and supervisor

6 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 11, 2016
staggerlee:

This is a very good field and its highly needed in SA, but getting scholarship from scratch is a tough call. Its possible but it is tough. The only scholarship that comes to mind is NRF and you can only apply after you are registered in school. Truth is I advise people to go to top schools like UCT, Witts, Stellinbosch or UP. You need to chase career first before scholarships, you have a better standing world wide if you go to top schools especially UCT or Witts. Chase a good school first before scholarships, based on who your supervisor is you can get funding too. Pls run away from black supervisors in all these schools especially a Nigerian supervisor, who supervises you also matter, for funding, publication and career wise. I know what am saying. Also try and do 1 year course work and one year research, a lot of foreigners get it wrong by doing research only, your coursework puts you on a higher pedestal, if you can have a good grade in course work, you can have an SA transcripts, you can apply for jobs with your transcripts and other things, let SA know that you are good because thats the only thing to show people that you are academically sound. Sholarship or not pls come to SA with this degree, i guaranty u a bright future in SA in max of 2.5 years, and u can easily relocate but choose a very good school and supervisor

Thanks boss for the heads up. This is just the motivation I need. I'm going for Research Masters because that is what I can afford. I noticed the tuition fees for Research Masters is always lower than Coursework+Research Masters, reason why I'm going for Research. I pray it works out fine.

Thanks once again sir.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dayhor: 10:45am On Jun 11, 2016

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dayhor: 10:55am On Jun 11, 2016

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 11, 2016
staggerlee:

elnino2015

Well said, firstly, focus on securing admission at the top five universities in SA. Get a good supervisor that can guide you in the development of a proposal. Register and the world is yours.

Spend quality time in introducing yourself and stating your background (academic and professional). Check out profiles of faculty in those universities and write them.

Get transcripts and proposal ready at all times. Your motivation must be strong.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iWise(m): 12:09pm On Jun 11, 2016
staggerlee:

@Staggerlee, you forgot to add UKZN. That university has one of the highest research output in SA and is currently the 4th best in SA.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 12:21pm On Jun 11, 2016
iWise:

@Staggerlee, you forgot to add UKZN. That university has one of the highest research output in SA and is currently the 4th best in SA.

UKZN has no international clout, corporate SA do not regard UKZN as a top school, go to any corporate organization and google the management team its always UCT or Witts, UP or Stellinbosch. Remember that Afrikaans run these 4 schools and Afrikaans run corporate SA. I wont advise anyone looking for good career in SA to go to durban. I seriously wish i can expose the real me on NL, all u guys will pay for info. I know things u all will never know and am not just making mouth. UKZN is like comparing LASU to UI and OAU

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 12:29pm On Jun 11, 2016
elnino2015:

Thanks boss for the heads up. This is just the motivation I need. I'm going for Research Masters because that is what I can afford. I noticed the tuition fees for Research Masters is always lower than Coursework+Research Masters, reason why I'm going for Research. I pray it works out fine.

Thanks once again sir.

You are thinking like a proper Nigerian, thinking of just now now, to make a good head way in SA u need SA transcripts, u need something to cover that your naija transcript, 10 years time you will realise y?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dayhor: 1:13pm On Jun 11, 2016

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 11, 2016
staggerlee:

You are thinking like a proper Nigerian, thinking of just now now, to make a good head way in SA u need SA transcripts, u need something to cover that your naija transcript, 10 years time you will realise y?

Thanks boss,

Personally, I prefer Coursework to Research, but I just have to make do with what I can afford. The more reason I'm seeking for scholarship.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 1:26pm On Jun 11, 2016
Dayhor:

@Staggerlee I'd like your earnest opinion, if you don't mind

If your school doesnt require saqa then the embassy shouldnt bother you, but just to be on the safe side, you can ask ur school to send u a letter stating that you dont need SAQA
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dayhor: 2:06pm On Jun 11, 2016

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jun 11, 2016
How about UJ?

UKZN has no international clout, corporate SA do not regard UKZN as a top school, go to any corporate organization and google the management team its always UCT or Witts, UP or Stellinbosch. Remember that Afrikaans run these 4 schools and Afrikaans run corporate SA. I wont advise anyone looking for good career in SA to go to durban. I seriously wish i can expose the real me on NL, all u guys will pay for info. I know things u all will never know and am not just making mouth. UKZN is like comparing LASU to UI and OAU[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 5:46am On Jun 12, 2016
[quote author=Nulasco post=46488312]
How about UJ?

Dont get me wrong, most schools are good. But the best and the most recognised and the ones employers recognised are UCT, WITTS, UP and Stellinbosch. You can do your research, left to me University of Johannesburg, UJ is lowly rated when compared to this 4, they arent in the same class
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eyidola: 10:58am On Jun 12, 2016
Solatium:
Genuine yellow card,Bank statements,Hotel reservations directly from the hotel not booking.con or any 3rd party, flight reseervation tickets,letters from your employer or your business registration documents...#21,080 for applications fees,if you want your passport deliverd to you at home an additional fee of #2,750-#3,800 or so depending where you live,Lagos or outside Lagos...lekki vfs center

Im submitting my application for a short visa to visit my husband who is in school in SA. But I just had 400k deposited in my account today can I print and use it for submission tomorrow because Im sponsoring myself.

Also do I need a self introductory letter amongst other documents
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Solatium(m): 6:04pm On Jun 12, 2016
eyidola:

Im submitting my application for a short visa to visit my husband who is in school in SA. But I just had 400k deposited in my account today can I print and use it for submission tomorrow because Im sponsoring myself.

Also do I need a self introductory letter amongst other documents
To be honest with you dumping huge cash into your account at once will greatly work against.you,except you have had a substantial amount in there before that lodgement,i will advise you to withdraw around 150k from the account,add it back maybe in two tranches and wait for about 2-3 weeks before making your application.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Solatium(m): 6:08pm On Jun 12, 2016
seangy4konji:
Bro. Can you give me the name and website of the hotel you used and how do you pay sorcery to them??if you did not pay how was it booked directly?kindly explain. Thanks n
Mine was Radisson blue,you can make use of any reputable hotel...Google will give you an endless list...best of luck
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by toyinajani(m): 6:09pm On Jun 12, 2016
Pls advise, I am processing a ( Ded )Doctor of Education in University of Zululand, my fears are,
1. I am teaching in a public school in Lagos, which I want to quit for this.
2. This DEd sounds new.
3. What's the prospect ?
4. This program is research only which I am not comfortable with.
5. My SAQA has not been done, can I get admission without it?
6. How is survival in Southy as a Naija?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Solatium(m): 6:57pm On Jun 12, 2016
toyinajani:
Pls advise, I am processing a ( Ded )Doctor of Education in University of Zululand, my fears are,
2. This DEd sounds new.
3. What's the prospect ?
Sounds like you are more concerned about what you are going to make in SA than the value your new study will add to you, if i were you i will apply for study leave from LASG before moving just incase SA does not turn out to be what i expect,besides what do you think PhD is all about? research of course,if you are not ready for it don't quit your job.my advice

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by royalkonsults(m): 8:03pm On Jun 12, 2016
"STUDY LEAVE" out of it! i cant get that. I have been asked to resign if i want to pursue that!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Waleabimbola(m): 6:32am On Jun 13, 2016
geekybabe:
Hello everyone. please I need some rands. I have naira and I am in lagos. I'm planning a trip to Johannesburg and I need Rands badly.

Hello Geeky babe, which city are you coming to in SA and how long do you plan staying here?
If I know answers to that,then we can take it from there.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by geekybabe(f): 8:52am On Jun 13, 2016
Waleabimbola:

Hello Geeky babe, which city are you coming to in SA and how long do you plan staying here?
If I know answers to that,then we can take it from there.

Durban. I'll be around for a while. coming to school in UKZN
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tushirtz: 11:40am On Jun 13, 2016
Good day, one criterion to applying for medicine in south Africa is the National Benchmark Test (NBT). I av checked for test centres nd dere seems not to be any in west africa let alone Nigeria, @least none dat I know of. Pls how do I go about writing the test, or is dere a way I can get a waiver since I av a 1st degree in Biochemistry.
Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 3:02pm On Jun 13, 2016
So Critical skills now is one year and after you secure an employment it is increased to 5 years.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 13, 2016
How was ur trip bro? U suld be there by now. Which school u enrol in? And what program?

naruto02:
Hello, I'm travelling to southy on monday and I have issues on hw to move money. My school has already bOoked my accomodation (will pay when I get there)and they'll pick me up at d airport. I need advice on hw to move money I have 3 atms gtb stanbic and diamond although I don't know which 1 works there also I need to know how much max in both $ and rand I can enter d country with.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by naruto02(m): 9:16pm On Jun 13, 2016
Nulasco:
How was ur trip bro? U suld be there by now. Which school u enrol in? And what program?

It ways fine all the way. This place is cold. I'm going to attend a school of flight
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 9:45pm On Jun 13, 2016
toyinajani:
2. This DEd sounds new.
3. What's the prospect ?
Finish the processing first .2.Get supervisor and find out if there is scholarship for you .3 Find out if tutorial jobs will be available in your discipline .4 You can get admission depending on the postgraduate officer (experience) .5 Most schools in Sa run PhD research only few do coursework .6 .You need to take a Risk to get to your destination. 7 .Your chances of getting a job is higher in than school. 8 Pray for favour of God .9.Get information on your discipline. 10.Come back and thank me .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 9:48pm On Jun 13, 2016
toyinajani:
2. This DEd sounds new.
3. What's the prospect ?
" DED" is not new bros Doctor of Education is for educationists still PhD

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: Bammybestowed and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.