Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,911 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1727616 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by wine4dguy: 11:46am On Dec 04, 2016
Ariel20:

No date ke? shocked
truth is I haven't accepted the offer yet and intend to do that before registration what I used to apply for my visa is the provisional offer letter the one sent to me in the first correspondence from international students office Through email. That one stated January . .hope you understand
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by wine4dguy: 11:52am On Dec 04, 2016
penitential:
Please what's the resumption date stated on your offer letter?
truth is I haven't accepted the offer yet and intend to do that before registration what I used to apply for my visa is the provisional offer letter the one sent to me in the first correspondence from international students office Through email..that one stated January .hope you understand
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 04, 2016
wine4dguy:
truth is I haven't accepted the offer yet and intend to do that before registration what I used to apply for my visa is the provisional offer letter the one sent to me in the first correspondence from international students office Through email.. .hope you understand

OK I see...

Please how long did it take for the permit to be given.

I recently applied so I'm trying to assume an estimate for myself.

Cheers
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 04, 2016
wine4dguy:
truth is I haven't accepted the offer yet and intend to do that before registration what I used to apply for my visa is the provisional offer letter the one sent to me in the first correspondence from international students office Through email.. .hope you understand

OK I see...

I recently applied so I'm trying to give an estimate for myself.

Cheers
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by wine4dguy: 11:59am On Dec 04, 2016
Ariel20:

OK I see...

I recently applied so I'm trying to give an estimate for myself.

Cheers
it took 14days from the date of submission. Just be positive about the outcome
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by wine4dguy: 12:09pm On Dec 04, 2016
@samuelUMOH I very much appreciate your effort towards my struggle for admission. I remember contacting you one on one when I was applying early this year. May the lord richly bless you. It meant a lot to me

5 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by penitential(m): 12:34pm On Dec 04, 2016
Yes, alright thanks.
wine4dguy:
truth is I haven't accepted the offer yet and intend to do that before registration what I used to apply for my visa is the provisional offer letter the one sent to me in the first correspondence from international students office Through email..that one stated January .hope you understand
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by wine4dguy: 12:51pm On Dec 04, 2016
penitential:
Yes, alright thanks.
aint you unto the Canada PGC ish anymore. ..i actually had an offer there but opted for southy
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 1:43pm On Dec 04, 2016
wine4dguy:
@samuelUMOH I very much appreciate your effort towards my struggle for admission. I remember contacting you one on one when I was applying early this year. May the lord richly bless you. It meant a lot to me
I can't really recall because alot of guys contacted me this year .All the same I appreciate your prayers .Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by penitential(m): 2:59pm On Dec 04, 2016
I got delayed mid this year that's why am considering southy now. Will later consider Canada again.
wine4dguy:
aint you unto the Canada PGC ish anymore. ..i actually had an offer there but opted for southy
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 2fine2fast(m): 3:46pm On Dec 04, 2016
Ariel20:

All the best. .. when did you submit your application?

Merci beaucoup.
Submitted 23rd November.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Khez: 7:15pm On Dec 04, 2016
Femcesc07:
What he to do is to state in his inteoduction letter i that he's self employed, but the important thing is that he need to use a banks statement that is been run for 6months, i mean cash should be coming in regularly and going out and the that he's good to go.
I leave the rest to the Guru in the house

Ok that's fair enough, thanks alot

I appreciate

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by wine4dguy: 9:25pm On Dec 04, 2016
penitential:
I got delayed mid this year that's why am considering southy now. Will later consider Canada again.
oh kul I'll reconsider Canada Later too
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kisibo: 9:03am On Dec 05, 2016
pls how much minimum can someone hold as pta (personal travel allowance) if he is going for a week vacation in south Africa. ..in dollars or Rands cos I heard the immigration at mm airport do give them tough time on that.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 12:10pm On Dec 05, 2016
Hello my people, I need Rands urgently.

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tamotiye: 12:13pm On Dec 05, 2016
For y'all coming to SA to hussle I'll advice you not to come. I am currently in Nigeria and been to SA twice and I'd say it's one of the best countries in the world especially Capetown which boasts many infrastructures you'll NEVER see in the rest of Africa. One thing though, if you are looking to go to other countries from SA, I'll say you NEED a form of resident permit which MUST be issued in Nigeria. For example if you're a student and you really go to the school then applying to USA etc is not a problem. The South Africans DON'T travel abroad. Only few of them do and when they do they stick to the rules of their visas. Their passport is visa free to many European countries for example Ireland and the USA Embassy in Capetown or J'borg will give you a 10 years visa unlike Naija where you get a 2 years. South Africans don't go out of their country looking for 'greener' pastures on visitors visa, they'll apply for work permits etc from their country if they feel they need to work so the embassies there do not scrutinize their applications as they are very honest when it comes to visa applications. Anyway I hope y'all get what am saying since I know SA is a last resort for anyone leaving Nigeria. If you're going in order to go to another country, make sure you have any form of permit from Nigeria and the rest is easy.

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 05, 2016
2fine2fast:

Merci beaucoup.
Submitted 23rd November.

How did it go?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 05, 2016
Tamotiye:
For y'all coming to SA to hussle I'll advice you not to come. I am currently in Nigeria and been to SA twice and I'd say it's one of the best countries in the world especially Capetown which boasts many infrastructures you'll NEVER see in the rest of Africa. One thing though, if you are looking to go to other countries from SA, I'll say you NEED a form of resident permit which MUST be issued in Nigeria. For example if you're a student and you really go to the school then applying to USA etc is not a problem. The South Africans DON'T travel abroad. Only few of them do and when they do they stick to the rules of their visas. Their passport is visa free to many European countries for example Ireland and the USA Embassy in Capetown or J'borg will give you a 10 years visa unlike Naija where you get a 2 years. South Africans don't go out of their country looking for 'greener' pastures on visitors visa, they'll apply for work permits etc from their country if they feel they need to work so the embassies there do not scrutinize their applications as they are very honest when it comes to visa applications. Anyway I hope y'all get what am saying since I know SA is a last resort for anyone leaving Nigeria. If you're going in order to go to another country, make sure you have any form of permit from Nigeria and the rest is easy.

What form of permit can one get in Nigeria?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by wine4dguy: 12:43pm On Dec 05, 2016
Tamotiye:
You sent me a pm
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 3:21pm On Dec 05, 2016
Tamotiye:

What @tamitoye means by resident permit is actually called Temporary Resident visa (TRV) its only when you get a Permanent Resident Permit (PRP) that you can call your visa a permit. TRVs are either for students, workers, accompany spouse, etc.

4 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 2fine2fast(m): 3:12am On Dec 06, 2016
Ariel20:

How did it go?

Got my study permit; sealed, signed and delivered last evening. Thanks a lot for your concern. Thanks a lot to all the members of this thread that made this possible.
THANKS to JEHOVAH THE GIVER of all Good things.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:23am On Dec 06, 2016
2fine2fast:

Got my study permit; sealed, signed and delivered last evening. Thanks a lot for your concern. Thanks a lot to all the members of this thread that made this possible.
THANKS to JEHOVAH THE GIVER of all Good things.

Congrats grin

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 8:51am On Dec 06, 2016
This is my third week and no response from Cape Town yet. Baba God na your Hand I dey
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 9:12am On Dec 06, 2016
Kentrasso:
This is my third week and no response from Cape Town yet. Baba God na your Hand I dey

Renewal of study visas normally takes 8 to 10weeks and things are slow in December. So just chill
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 1:05pm On Dec 06, 2016
Please anyone coming to Durban between January or December ending should contact me .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 1:09pm On Dec 06, 2016
Renewal of study permit takes 10days to two weeks .However Decemeber period there will be delay in the process .Two of my friends got theirs witin 2weeks in November .Atimes the process can take 8 weeks on more but this is on rare occassion .The introduction of visa office in SA has improved the process though the price is higher .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by demmysoft: 11:39pm On Dec 06, 2016
Please, can someone help me to get medical treatment invitation letter from any SA hospital. urgent pls.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tripzalee(m): 11:44pm On Dec 06, 2016
please how do I process admission to public south africa. University and estimated cost
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lucky4real28(m): 4:41am On Dec 07, 2016
Hello house, a friend wants to know if she can use a 3 months statement for business visa (conference) and her company wrote a check with her name for expenses of the trip. Is this ok? As she thinks it's gonna be extremely difficult to get company statement of account...please advice, Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 11:19am On Dec 07, 2016
tripzalee:
please how do I process admission to public south africa. University and estimated cost
Google Universities in SA you will different tuition fees .For admission process check the school website.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 11:22am On Dec 07, 2016
demmysoft:
Please, can someone help me to get medical treatment invitation letter from any SA hospital. urgent pls.
You have to state your illness or reason for the letter. SA hospitals are not like Nigerian hospital you just walk in and get letter .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 4:12pm On Dec 07, 2016
My people, I need Rands urgently!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.