Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1727742 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 07, 2016
stevetop:
My people, I need Rands urgently!!!

Lmao..Please help this young man/ woman grin

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 6:15pm On Dec 07, 2016
samuelUMOH:
Renewal of study permit takes 10days to two weeks .However Decemeber period there will be delay in the process .Two of my friends got theirs witin 2weeks in November .Atimes the process can take 8 weeks on more but this is on rare occassion .The introduction of visa office in SA has improved the process though the price is higher .

How much of a delay are we talking about
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sotall(m): 1:17am On Dec 08, 2016
Hello guys, I intend travelling to South Africa next week on a tourist visa. I got everything worked out except for my hotel reservation and flight ticket. I made enquiries about the flight ticket yesterday and was told it would cost me 300k-plus for a direct flight to south Africa. This sounds really expensive and exorbitant for my small pocket. I also intend doing the hotel reservation this weekend. So I will like guys in here who have travelled recently or are conversant about the cost of Lagos-south Africa fare to give me information on this.
As for the hotel reservation/booking, I want to book a hotel in Johannesburg that accept naira MasterCard and not expensive.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by seangy4konji: 5:04am On Dec 08, 2016
Back from SA...nice place but did not really enjoy my stay...was in doors most of the time as i was in an estate and no car to move out..only went out on a sunday to drink somewhere around joburg,,,was in samrand around midrand...sunnyville estate...

Had mad fun in Nairobi though..mad fun...

SA is a beautiful country...Nice place...Nigeria is still far behind..sorry to say.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 7:06am On Dec 08, 2016
sotall:
Hello guys, I intend travelling to South Africa next week on a tourist visa. I got everything worked out except for my hotel reservation and flight ticket. I made enquiries about the flight ticket yesterday and was told it would cost me 300k-plus for a direct flight to south Africa. This sounds really expensive and exorbitant for my small pocket. I also intend doing the hotel reservation this weekend. So I will like guys in here who have travelled recently or are conversant about the cost of Lagos-south Africa fare to give me information on this.
As for the hotel reservation/booking, I want to book a hotel in Johannesburg that accept naira MasterCard and not expensive.
Book by yourself online you will see flight between 180k to 250k SA airline depending on your destination .It is the work of agent to double it to 300kplus .Arik to Joburg is between 140k to 155k .Book your hotel and pay just for a night .( book ten days and pay for one night) .Booking without paying might lead to refusal at point of entry .

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 7:08am On Dec 08, 2016
Kentrasso:

How much of a delay are we talking about
Madam this is Christmas season that is why you may experience delay but by next week you should have it .TRACK IT ONLINE .ALL IS WELL
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sotall(m): 7:19am On Dec 08, 2016
samuelUMOH:
Book by yourself online you will see flight between 180k to 250k SA airline depending on your destination .It is the work of agent to double it to 300kplus .Arik to Joburg is between 140k to 155k .Book your hotel and pay just for a night .( book ten days and pay for one night) .Booking without paying might lead to refusal at point of entry .
Thank you for this enlightenment. Can you recommend any hotel in Johannesburg that is pocket friendly as well good in hospitality?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by nikechukwu: 8:14am On Dec 08, 2016
please help, do i need to apply separately for an accompanying person for an S.A study visa,
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 5:32pm On Dec 08, 2016
Try Rwandair, you should get a far cheaper rate (Note: it's a connecting flight). For the hotel reservation, I will advise you go for a paid booking to avoid unnecessary questioning at the POE in Johannesburg. You may have to get someone in SA to do that for you as i strongly doubt if Naira master card still works here. All the best
sotall:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 5:37pm On Dec 08, 2016
Yes, you need to. The accompanying visa rides on the strength of the study visa in question.
nikechukwu:
please help, do i need to apply separately for an accompanying person for an S.A study visa,
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 5:52pm On Dec 08, 2016
sotall:

Rwandair is quite affordable. you can try that.

For hotel bookings go to booking.com and make your reservation. It's preferable to pay before you get here because Nigerian cards are no longer working outside the country
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by nikechukwu: 6:19pm On Dec 08, 2016
Deeldorado:

Apply for the Ingwe Option Plan from Momentum Health. Costs just 4020 rands per year. I was supposed to resume at Bosch in January but I am going to UCT now.
please I am also attending UCT where you asked for saqa, cos I was not asked, I am confused
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by nikechukwu: 6:28pm On Dec 08, 2016
staggerlee:

I meant Jan I hope you know a visa is not a guarantee entrance to enter any country, it is just an authority granted to the holder to proceed to the immigration officer at the Port of Entry, the officer now uses his discretion whether to grant you entry or not. Now if he feels you are coming into SA for other reasons asides study he has every right to turn you back. Look at it, your school starts in Jan, you want to come in dec when schools are closed and everyone is on holiday, if I was an immigration officer I will feel you are coming in for other things and I will turn you back, I just spoke to an official at DHA now and he said I quote "tell your friend to come in january or he risk his visa being canceled" those were his exact words. Do you know the stress you will face if your visa is cancelled, why do you want to risk it at all when you can just wait? What if your visa wasn't granted would you come to SA in Dec, won't you wait, why do you want to raise unnecessary attention on yourself? Well I have said my piece
please help I am to resume at UCT in feb 2017, do I need Saqa for my study permit some people are saying it depends on the school.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 6:42pm On Dec 08, 2016
nikechukwu:
please help I am to resume at UCT in feb 2017, do I need Saqa for my study permit some people are saying it depends on the school.

You don't need SAQA, but you might ask UCT to send you a letter that you don't need SAQA
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dayhor: 6:57pm On Dec 08, 2016
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by nikechukwu: 7:30pm On Dec 08, 2016
staggerlee:

You don't need SAQA, but you might ask UCT to send you a letter that you don't need SAQA
thanks alot
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Deeldorado: 8:05pm On Dec 08, 2016
nikechukwu:
please I am also attending UCT where you asked for saqa, cos I was not asked, I am confused
No, I didn't do the SAQA stuff.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 8:13pm On Dec 08, 2016
Kentrasso:

Rwandair is quite affordable. you can try that.

For hotel bookings go to booking.com and make your reservation. It's preferable to pay before you get here because Nigerian cards are no longer working outside the country
My access bank card was okay today .At good rate .....
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by royalkonsults(m): 8:32pm On Dec 08, 2016
Got my acceptance offer for admission today from UNIZULU for my Phd but my passport no on it was the previous passport no they saw on the new passport i submitted. can i apply for study permit with it or let it be changed?
suggestions please!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 7:05am On Dec 09, 2016
nikechukwu:

No you don't.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ife01(m): 8:09am On Dec 09, 2016
Mail to inform them of the correct passport number to use. It's better to have the correct passport number on your acceptance letter in order to avoid unnecessary stories. Cheers.

royalkonsults:
Got my acceptance offer for admission today from UNIZULU for my Phd but my passport no on it was the previous passport no they saw on the new passport i submitted. can i apply for study permit with it or let it be changed?
suggestions please!

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 8:44am On Dec 09, 2016
samuelUMOH:
My access bank card was okay today .At good rate .....

As in you were able to do forex transaction with your access card?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by beebwai: 8:55am On Dec 09, 2016
royalkonsults:
suggestions please!

I rejoice for you.congratulations! I 'll just like to know when resumption is.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 12:53pm On Dec 09, 2016
Thank God I got my PERMANENT RESIDENCE PERMIT. Thanks to all you guys in this forum. yinksob002 samuelUMOH: staggerlee and others.

4 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 12:58pm On Dec 09, 2016
femiaction:
Thank God I got my PERMANENT RESIDENCE PERMIT. Thanks to all you guys in this forum. yinksob002 samuelUMOH: staggerlee and others.
congrats sir more blessings to come ! I will enter your house soon for drinks not alcohol ....This indeed is your year double blessings
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olystic: 1:54pm On Dec 09, 2016
seangy4konji:
Back from SA...nice place but did not really enjoy my stay...was in doors most of the time as i was in an estate and no car to move out..only went out on a sunday to drink somewhere around joburg,,,was in samrand around midrand...sunnyville estate...

Had mad fun in Nairobi though..mad fun...

SA is a beautiful country...Nice place...Nigeria is still far behind..sorry to say.

Hello, I was also in Nairobi and South Africa but to me the night life in Nairobi be dull where did you stay at Nairobi. In South Africa you would have stayed at Baaframtein, at banister hotel in joburg.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 2:25pm On Dec 09, 2016
stevetop:

As in you were able to do forex transaction with your access card?
Yes sir
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 3:39pm On Dec 09, 2016
Congrats my brother, I am so happy for you. The Lord's favour and goodness will continue to abide with you. I remember how it all started and the fact that you never gave up in the face of difficulties. Congrats once again, God bless.
femiaction:

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 4:19pm On Dec 09, 2016
samuelUMOH:
congrats sir more blessings to come ! I will enter your house soon for drinks not alcohol ....This indeed is your year double blessings
Amen thank you for your Pastor
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 4:20pm On Dec 09, 2016
yinksob002:
Congrats my brother, I am so happy for you. The Lord's favour and goodness will continue to abide with you. I remember how it all started and the fact that you never gave up in the face of difficulties. Congrats once again, God bless.
Amen Thank you brother
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by penitential(m): 4:30pm On Dec 09, 2016
Bros please send me a p.m or direct message to my e-mail (penit04@gmail.com) please I need some infos please its urgent.
Flyerik:

I applied by myself at Lagos. I got in six working days. Submit all requested and be very clear what your intentions are in your introductory letter
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by royalkonsults(m): 4:54pm On Dec 09, 2016
ife01:
Mail to inform them of the correct passport number to use. It's better to have the correct passport number on your acceptance letter in order to avoid unnecessary stories. Cheers.

Thanks, the school has sent another letter that bears my correct passport no.
the school is so prompt in response to letters! That is great!

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.