Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1736587 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by royalkonsults(m): 9:10pm On Dec 12, 2016
staggerlee:

Police clearance is less than 5k at alagbon, make sure you do it yourself.
You need a good statement with lovely transaction history with a closing balance of more than 1million naira
Monemtum is always the preferred option for students it is R4020 per year

Thanks a lot. i was trying to pay Momentum online but my card was declined,What do i do pls?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by NFLY: 11:06pm On Dec 12, 2016
Thanks bro, late last month. I pray yours come out soon too. Resumption is 9th January. Good luck
beebwai:
congrats! When did you get your letter? I applied to ukzn too but nothing yet. When is resumption?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Silvabae: 11:25pm On Dec 12, 2016
Hi
My SA visitors Visa was denied in october reason due to "unconvincing documents", same documents I used in travelling in June to SA. I tried to reapply one week after and was told I can only apply after 6months, but I cant wait that long. Do I have any other options.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by majour(m): 5:09am On Dec 13, 2016
Hello guys,

Please ive bin on the internet all day yesterday searching for this information never knew it was on nairaland. I want to do my MSc programme with the university of Witwatersrand Johannesburg, an MSc in biochemistry and cell biology, I have a second class lower degree from the university of Ilorin and wud love to know if anyone has an idea of what my chances are and the steps to follow, please the money isn't an issue I just need the right steps to follow and will appreciate if my brothers and sister here put me through, thank you and God bless
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:56am On Dec 13, 2016
majour:
Hello guys,

Please ive bin on the internet all day yesterday searching for this information never knew it was on nairaland. I want to do my MSc programme with the university of Witwatersrand Johannesburg, an MSc in biochemistry and cell biology, I have a second class lower degree from the university of Ilorin and wud love to know if anyone has an idea of what my chances are and the steps to follow, please the money isn't an issue I just need the right steps to follow and will appreciate if my brothers and sister here put me through, thank you and God bless
The first step to go is SAQA, they evaluate ur degree and equate it to SA's standard. You'd probably have NQF level 7. Check previous post to know how to go about SAQA.

But with your UG result and just 4years of study your surest bet is Honours (A 1year PG degree) then you proceeds to Msc.

I applied for biochemistry/cell biology, molecular biology/biotechnology at wits waiting for their response although I already got an offer elsewhere.

Note: Their Msc in the above department is based on research only.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by majour(m): 6:59am On Dec 13, 2016
Dexcmd:

The first step to go is SAQA, they evaluate ur degree and equate it to SA's standard. You'd probably have NQF level 7. Check previous post to know how to go about SAQA.

But with your UG result and just 4years of study your surest bet is Honours (A 1year PG degree) then you proceeds to Msc.

I applied for biochemistry/cell biology, molecular biology/biotechnology at wits waiting for their response although I already got an offer elsewhere.

Note: Their Msc in the above department is based on research only.
Thanx boss, which did u choose to study then, cus I really don't need a research based course, I work with Brewery am hoping I can get a transfer there, so its possible I MIT be schooling part time, what line of biochemistry will be advisable, being more knowledgeable ur input is appreciated
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Potch: 7:08am On Dec 13, 2016
majour:
Hello guys,

1. Your chances are good if you can finance your MSc programme without a recourse to South African government
2. Go to Univ of Witwatersrand homepage (www.wits.ac.za) for info on admission procedures as an International student
3. I know you would have to apply for SAQA (South African Qualification Authority) for evaluation of foreign qualification. The SAQA certificate is a prerequisite for admission in ALL South African universities. Check SAQA homepage for further info.
4. You can facilitate your chance of securing admission if you know a Nigerian studying in Wits. He or she can run errand for you with payment for SAQA, online application payment at Wits and other expenses.
5. You can also contact a PG coordinator in Biochemistry Dept at Wits for further info.

Good luck
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by majour(m): 7:12am On Dec 13, 2016
Potch:

1. Your chances are good if you can finance your MSc programme without a recourse to South African government
2. Go to Univ of Witwatersrand homepage (www.wits.ac.za) for info on admission procedures as an International student
3. I know you would have to apply for SAQA (South African Qualification Authority) for evaluation of foreign qualification. The SAQA certificate is a prerequisite for admission in ALL South African universities. Check SAQA homepage for further info.
4. You can facilitate your chance of securing admission if you know a Nigerian studying in Wits. He or she can run errand for you with payment for SAQA, online application payment at Wits and other expenses.
5. You can also contact a PG coordinator in Biochemistry Dept at Wits for further info.

Good luck
Thanx so much for your insight, God bless you and bless every helpful minds here

Please is anyone presently studying in wits here, doing an MSc course
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 13, 2016
majour:
Thanx boss, which did u choose to study then, cus I really don't need a research based course, I work with Brewery am hoping I can get a transfer there, so its possible I MIT be schooling part time, what line of biochemistry will be advisable, being more knowledgeable ur input is appreciated
The Agricultural Institute I work presently we create new genetically modified crops focusing mainly on their nutrient sources, using microorganisms we produce natural biofertilizers of Rhizobium and AMFungi. So I'm inclined to do Biotechnology to gain more insight on that field as that's what Biotechnology is all about.

On your field being Brewery as Fermentation is concerned its better going for the aspect of Biotechnology also.

Biotechnology at a foreign reputable institute gives you great chances to others in your field. As not much Schools in Nigeria offers it and U most likely come back to your work in Nigeria as a boss after Msc or Phd.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by majour(m): 8:49am On Dec 13, 2016
Dexcmd:

The Agricultural Institute I work presently we create new genetically modified crops focusing mainly on their nutrient sources, using microorganisms we produce natural biofertilizers of Rhizobium and AMFungi. So I'm inclined to do Biotechnology to gain more insight on that field as that's what Biotechnology is all about.

On your field being Brewery as Fermentation is concerned its better going for the aspect of Biotechnology also.

Biotechnology at a foreign reputable institute gives you great chances to others in your field. As not much Schools in Nigeria offers it and U most likely come back to your work in Nigeria as a boss after Msc or Phd.
Solid advice boss, thank you so very much

So I will be going for a PG course before I further or, try and explain that sir and pls, how much do someone budget for, 2mil-5mil or less, ur insight will be greatly appreciated
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 13, 2016
majour:
Solid advice boss, thank you so very much

So I will be going for a PG course before I further or, try and explain that sir and pls, how much do someone budget for, 2mil-5mil or less, ur insight will be greatly appreciated

Yeah likely PG honours. The thing is if ur UG course took 4 years with ur grade you most likely graded NQF 7 equating to Bsc without Hons in SA. In contrary if it took 5years like an Engineering course or u went to a Technology school like Futa,Lautech etc u would be graded NQF 8 which u can do Mac straight even with 2 2. That's what wits would take. So it boils down to how ure graded by SAQA, I'm saying this so as to know what to expect.

Honours is quite expensive and R36500, and if u thinking of Msc(cw+r) you need prepare awesome budget let's say above 3m range for the 2/3yrs of study depending on the school. Now that wits ND sum SA schools have increased fee by 8%. Just make sure ure gallant.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by majour(m): 10:38am On Dec 13, 2016
Dexcmd:

Yeah likely PG honours. The thing is if ur UG course took 4 years with ur grade you most likely graded NQF 7 equating to Bsc without Hons in SA. In contrary if it took 5years like an Engineering course or u went to a Technology school like Futa,Lautech etc u would be graded NQF 8 which u can do Mac straight even with 2 2. That's what wits would take. So it boils down to how ure graded by SAQA, I'm saying this so as to know what to expect.

Honours is quite expensive and R36500, and if u thinking of Msc(cw+r) you need prepare awesome budget let's say above 3m range for the 2/3yrs of study depending on the school. Now that wits ND sum SA schools have increased fee by 8%. Just make sure ure gallant.
Thanx again boss, will kick it off from January
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 4:55pm On Dec 13, 2016
Ladies and Gentlemen,
It is really great to be back home in Nigeria, its like a dream come true. It took a lot of courage though but am happy I did. I will be here in Lagos for a while, my journey in SA has been a privilege one, can only but give thanks to God. There is no where like home. Dont be too comfortable in a country like SA, always have it at the back of your mind that you are coming back home. Believe me Nigeria can only get better, personally I think the worse is over in Naija. I have met great people through this medium, just a day before I was leaving femiaction called me that he has got a PR, I remember when he was denied a spousal visa in Nigeria in 2014 today he is a PR holder. My next trip to SA I must visit Durban. I still have my contacts in SA. A few of you have seen my SA ID so its not as if I am leaving because of immigration issues. I will still invest massively in SA and Nigeria God willing.

Above all, if you are coming to SA or you are in SA already make sure you have the right immigration status, dont do drugs, dont do scam, represent us well

God bless you.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by wine4dguy: 8:09pm On Dec 13, 2016
staggerlee:
Ladies and Gentlemen,
It is really great to be back home in Nigeria, its like a dream come true. It took a lot of courage though but am happy I did. I will be here in Lagos for a while, my journey in SA has been a privilege one, can only but give thanks to God. There is no where like home. Dont be too comfortable in a country like SA, always have it at the back of your mind that you are coming back home. Believe me Nigeria can only get better, personally I think the worse is over in Naija. I have met great people through this medium, just a day before I was leaving femiaction called me that he has got a PR, I remember when he was denied a spousal visa in Nigeria in 2014 today he is a PR holder. My next trip to SA I must visit Durban. I still have my contacts in SA. A few of you have seen my SA ID so its not as if I am leaving because of immigration issues. I will still invest massively in SA and Nigeria God willing.

Above all, if you are coming to SA or you are in SA already make sure you have the right immigration status, dont do drugs, dont do scam, represent us well

God bless you.
my bro missed his flight just as you said about going to the airport before time.. .I feel bad for not passing the message across to him. ..but all the same he has moved on since rebooking seems impossible at the moment
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by seunt4ut(m): 8:32pm On Dec 13, 2016
I submited application with my wife last week Thursday 08/12 at VFS wuse 2. I got SMS today 13/12 that my application has be forwarded to VFS.too fast isn't?.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 8:46pm On Dec 13, 2016
wine4dguy:
my bro missed his flight just as you said about going to the airport before time.. .I feel bad for not passing the message across to him. ..but all the same he has moved on since rebooking seems impossible at the moment

so sorry
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Femcesc07(m): 11:57pm On Dec 13, 2016
Bless God for ha mercy journey
Welcome back home bro
staggerlee:

so sorry
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 11:15am On Dec 14, 2016
wine4dguy:

My flight is for 7:15a.m if you say I should get to the airport 4 hrs before. Na im be say I no go go house that night.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 11:16am On Dec 14, 2016
I've got my visa now. Thanks guys

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by solufemiwa(m): 11:35am On Dec 14, 2016
I need help here. My application was denied at abuja for study permit . reason; No undertaking from the registrar of the institution. Now school claimed it has been written in the admission letter, but they later offer to send separately. Can I take this to embassy or I will need to re-apply all over again. Most of my original documents was submitted. Resumption is January 26th. Advise needed please from guru's
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by wine4dguy: 10:59pm On Dec 14, 2016
Kentrasso:

My flight is for 7:15a.m if you say I should get to the airport 4 hrs before. Na im be say I no go go house that night.
are you already in SA? cos the comment was for people coming from SA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 6:17am On Dec 15, 2016
wine4dguy:
are you already in SA? cos the comment was for people coming from SA.

Yeah
I'm leaving Jo'burg on Saturday returning to Nigeria
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 8:47am On Dec 15, 2016
This will be my first christmas in the last 4 in lagos. Lagos people are happy people being partying every night since sunday, people love fun here o, I no see recession o. Aint no party like a lagos party! Someone has said I should try and cross the island to the mainland that I should not judge nigeria by staying in Lekki.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jj17cv(m): 9:31am On Dec 15, 2016
since on 23rd i submitted my application till now. still not out...departure date tomorrow this Lagos processing na long wait
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 9:44am On Dec 15, 2016
jj17cv:
since on 23rd i submitted my application till now. still not out...departure date tomorrow this Lagos processing na long wait

Hope you haven't paid for the ticket sha
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jj17cv(m): 10:02am On Dec 15, 2016
@steggerlee
Nope but this Lagos process na long wait
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 10:05am On Dec 15, 2016
jj17cv:
@steggerlee
Nope but this Lagos process na long wait

Just chill
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sammiejokes(m): 4:14pm On Dec 15, 2016
Hello House,

I need information on the following,

please help a brother.

Is the visa processing done solely from VFS or one can i apply directly to the embassy.

How is the repatriation fee paid?

How can I get the yellow card?

Can I use any hospital for the medical and radiology test?

How do I get undertaking by the Registrar or Principal of the learning institution
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 5:14pm On Dec 15, 2016
Sammiejokes:
Hello House,

I need information on the following

please help a brother.

Is the visa processing done solely from VFS or one can i apply directly to the embassy.

How is the repatriation fee paid?

How can I get the yellow card?

Can I use any hospital for the medical and radiology test?

How do I get undertaking by the Registrar or Principal of the learning institution.

1. Last time I checked it was at the Embassy
2.You don't pay repatriation
3.general hospital or recognised Hospital the dr will stamp and sign the form .
4 .Undertaking is always written in your admission letter.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sammiejokes(m): 5:18pm On Dec 15, 2016
samuelUMOH:
1. Last time I checked it was at the Embassy
2.You don't pay repatriation
3.general hospital or recognised Hospital the dr will stamp and sign the form .
4 .Undertaking is always written in your admission letter.

BRO THANK YOU FOR THE USEFUL INFO

I mean do i apply for the study visa directly at the embassy or VFS.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by liv123: 7:12am On Dec 16, 2016
My good people
Have anyone apply for visa through port Harcourt VFS ?are they fast and good?
(2)How long does partner visa take to be out from the date one applied

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.