Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,665 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1727488 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Vortex007: 5:19am On Mar 09, 2017
Vortex007:

I just got my visa(study permit) for D.Tech Maths. I was given 19months due to the fact that my passport would expire next year, please hope it won't cause issues?

Secondly! I booked okay ticket for next week: please hope this won't cause issues in the premise of study visa given?

Thirdly! Where can I change naira to rands at a good rate?

Thanks.
I await response asap
I need some rands please
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ajishomo: 7:02am On Mar 09, 2017
ajishomo:
Guys please I just received my study permit for a PhD programme, but it's only valid for 10 months. Is this normal? As in 10 months permit for a 3-year programme, and my passport will expire in Feb, 2019?
Guys please kindly advise on what to do....
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chizzyconcept(m): 8:07am On Mar 09, 2017
Please I need an assistance. I had delay with my processing.. I later got all documents for submission but. Am submitting the day my school is resuming am I good to go. But d school gave me 31st of this month to resume.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yungchase(m): 2:57pm On Mar 09, 2017
please i need help. i am about applying for S.A visa but hope that now that the country is on a hot sit that wouldn't affect my visa application
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femdot(m): 6:13pm On Mar 09, 2017
I got my study permit yesterday march 8. I submitted my application feb 24th. Seems the processing time in lagos is very fast now

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by liv123: 8:23pm On Mar 09, 2017
femdot:
I got my study permit yesterday march 8. I submitted my application feb 24th. Seems the processing time in lagos is very fast now
wawooo congrat.I submitted since 7th of Feb till now nothing from them yet and wen I called they told me dat applications submitted on that date ha not been process
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femdot(m): 10:46pm On Mar 09, 2017
liv123:
wawooo congrat.I submitted since 7th of Feb till now nothing from them yet and wen I called they told me dat applications submitted on that date ha not been process
Just be patient, you will surely have your permit latest next week. just have faith
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shollsakin: 11:03pm On Mar 09, 2017
Good day, my family applied for a southafrica visa 2014 and was refused with the reason (false documentation ). But really no false document used. I dont know why it was stated like that and i just re applied February 2017 and the visa came out rejected
Reason is Adverse Record and I need to go on a training March 25th.
Kindly advice on what I can do.

Thanks so much.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by liv123: 3:26am On Mar 10, 2017
femdot:

Just be patient, you will surely have your permit latest next week. just have faith
Yes I believe next week and am praying. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shollsakin: 5:55am On Mar 10, 2017
[uote author=Shollsakin post=54438295]Good day, my family applied for a southafrica visa 2014 and was refused with the reason (false documentation ). But really no false document used. I dont know why it was stated like that and i just re applied February 2017 and the visa came out rejected
Reason is Adverse Record and I need to go on a training March 25th.
Kindly advice on what I can do.

Thanks so much.[/quote]

Can someone please help on this.thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ajishomo: 2:56pm On Mar 12, 2017
[quote author=ajishomo post=54409774][/quote]I had to call the embassy and politely present my case. The VO realised it was a mistake and I was asked to bring it for correction. It was corrected in less than 1 hour. So if you have a similar challenge do not hesitate to put a call through.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harmonyedwards(m): 3:37pm On Mar 13, 2017
good day house.
pls i want to find out.
i applied for a SA visa on a visitors permit, however i am required to re- apply within 10 days on account of 'insufficient funds'.
do i have to submit all the documents all over again or i just submit documents that proove i have enough funding for the travel?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by geekybabe(f): 12:03am On Mar 14, 2017
royalkonsults:

Bro,
sorry to disappoint you! You cant make a withdrawal with any of those cards here. You can only swipe for payment using POS.
Source for your Rands in Nigerian Airports, still though cheaper, at least few thousands of rand.

Actually you can make withdrawals in some of these largescale shops now. Just dat d limit is still 100usd per month. About 1300 rands.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ifyalways(f): 7:30am On Mar 14, 2017
You will submit all documents afresh.
harmonyedwards:
good day house.
pls i want to find out.
i applied for a SA visa on a visitors permit, however i am required to re- apply within 10 days on account of 'insufficient funds'.
do i have to submit all the documents all over again or i just submit documents that proove i have enough funding for the travel?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by liv123: 7:55am On Mar 14, 2017
Up till now nothing coming from Lagos embassy
Since 7 of Feb
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by horlumiday(m): 8:25am On Mar 14, 2017
liv123:
Up till now nothing coming from Lagos embassy
Since 7 of Feb
call and disturb them, i submitted on the 14th of feb, just got a text yesterday, telling me to come n pick....
ps.. pray pray pray (v Faith)
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Chukwuka16: 8:37am On Mar 14, 2017
Just on a personal note, I would suggest intending student travellers who are first timers to avoid Ethiopian Airlines as they demand you either have a return ticket or pay a repatriation deposit of 175k. I was prevented from boarding, missed my flight and was charged 87k to reschedule. They prevented me from paying for rescheduling early until date of departure. I was shocked when the guy at immigration asked me only one question - "where are you going?" I think Ethiopiana Airlines is exacerbating the whole repatriation issue and exploiting Nigerians mercilessly. If you have a valid permit and a tenable reason to be in a country nobody is going to just deport you. I've never used Ethiopian Airlines before and would avoid them like plague henceforth.

PS
I was lodged in a cool hotel in Bole by Ethiopian Airlines with complimentary dinner and breakfast and transport to and from the hotel to the airport since I had 11 hours stopover at Bole.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by liv123: 9:05am On Mar 14, 2017
horlumiday:
call and disturb them, i submitted on the 14th of feb, just got a text yesterday, telling me to come n pick....
ps.. pray pray pray (v Faith)
I called them now bt not yet finalizs
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by horlumiday(m): 11:13am On Mar 14, 2017
liv123:
I called them now bt not yet finalizs
wait then.. nt easy bt wait..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femdot(m): 12:21pm On Mar 14, 2017
Please, who knows how I can change the school name on my visa. I had 3yrs study permit for unizulu but intended to go to UKZN because I now have their anticipated firm offer.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iWise(m): 2:36pm On Mar 14, 2017
femdot:
Please, who knows how I can change the school name on my visa. I had 3yrs study permit for unizulu but intended to go to UKZN because I now have their anticipated firm offer.

You can't change it. You've got to reapply for a new visa and attach a letter stating your reason(s) for changing your mind. You should note that if your study permit does not carry the name of your intended university of study, the international office of that university will not clear you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femdot(m): 4:02pm On Mar 14, 2017
Thanks
iWise:

You can't change it. You've got to reapply for a new visa and attach a letter stating your reason(s) for changing your mind. You should note that if your study permit does not carry the name of your intended university of study, the international office of that university will not clear you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bushbar: 6:22pm On Mar 14, 2017
pls friends am new here,
I have a friend who is from SA, she want me to come over there, pls I want to know how and what her invitation letter will contain or look like,
Am pls how much is SA visa now ,and how much is the flight ticket, and how much can I use as my BTA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 8:52pm On Mar 14, 2017
Chukwuka16:
Just on a personal note, I would suggest intending student travellers who are first timers to avoid Ethiopian Airlines as they demand you either have a return ticket or pay a repatriation deposit of 175k. I was prevented from boarding, missed my flight and was charged 87k to reschedule. They prevented me from paying for rescheduling early until date of departure. I was shocked when the guy at immigration asked me only one question - "where are you going?" I think Ethiopiana Airlines is exacerbating the whole repatriation issue and exploiting Nigerians mercilessly. If you have a valid permit and a tenable reason to be in a country nobody is going to just deport you. I've never used Ethiopian Airlines before and would avoid them like plague henceforth.

PS
I was lodged in a cool hotel in Bole by Ethiopian Airlines with complimentary dinner and breakfast and transport to and from the hotel to the airport since I had 11 hours stopover at Bole.
You should have tried Kenya Airways. There was no issues on first traveller, I met few first time travellers with study permit and had no p. The crew hospitality was superb. We moved afternoon on Monday had a stopover at Nairobi. They lodged us at Weston hotel Nairobi, funny enough we got there around 2am, just when lots were about enjoying their sleep in a masterpiece king size bed they came to wake us up at 4am for our flight to jburg then later reconnect to CT this evening. The Immigration lady at ortambo just asked "so you're coming for study?" That's all.

PS: I'm not advertising Kenya Airways o before some people will tag me an agent lipsrsealed undecided

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Chukwuka16: 11:31pm On Mar 14, 2017
Thecassanova:

You should have tried Kenya Airways. There was no issues on first traveller, I met few first time travellers with study permit and had no p. The crew hospitality was superb. We moved afternoon on Monday had a stopover at Nairobi. They lodged us at Weston hotel Nairobi, funny enough we got there around 2am, just when lots were about enjoying their sleep in a masterpiece king size bed they came to wake us up at 4am for our flight to jburg then later reconnect to CT this evening. The Immigration lady at ortambo just asked "so you're coming for study?" That's all.

PS: I'm not advertising Kenya Airways o before some people will tag me an agent lipsrsealed undecided

Yeah. I figured that Ethiopian Airlines being a regional player would be more organised and sensible but I guess I was wrong. I think their ticketing office in MMIA is just a front for fleecing ignorant travellers of their money. If no be say I just wanted to meet accommodation window for school I for settle down carry aluta go there. Who changes flight for 87k when no price difference in missed and rescheduled flights?

Would give Kenyan Airlines a try in the near future by God's grace. Just to see Nairobi.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bushbar: 9:50am On Mar 15, 2017
bushbar:
pls friends am new here,
I have a friend who is from SA, she want me to come over there, pls I want to know how and what her invitation letter will contain or look like,
Am pls how much is SA visa now ,and how much is the flight ticket, and how much can I use as my BTA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dayhor: 4:42pm On Mar 15, 2017

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by geekybabe(f): 5:47pm On Mar 15, 2017
Dayhor:

Which stores have you checked out that actually allow this cash@till?
PnP, Shoprite, Checkers, Makro, and President stores don't seem to allow international cashback.

Much smaller stores. Depends on your location. Checksave, jwayelani, and some other stores.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mrpunter: 7:09pm On Mar 15, 2017
Please guys what is the situation with xenophobia now in SA and I will be leaving through Kenya Airways. Last time I went to SA it was through Rwandair, whose BTA was 2000 rands...what is the bta for Kenya airways. Thanks guys
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 8:43am On Mar 16, 2017
Thanks house, finally he got the much anticipated VISA last week friday, now in South Africa registered at WITS.
Thanks for the advices.

Juwohn:

Finally, he has gotten a new sponsor with over 2m balance and reapplied.
I hope he's considered this time.... Really can't stand a 3rd Rejection.

Miracle is all I'm awaiting, and hopefully he get's a positive feedback soon.
Your prayers are needed House.

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by nonxo007(m): 9:53am On Mar 16, 2017
justwise:
Ask/make your South African visa contributions here, i have seen increasing number of different threads about South African visa recently hence the need to dedicate one thread for South African visa issues.
Goodday, pls I'm planning on traveling to SA soonest, how much can I get the visa and also the price of the flight ticket.also I stay in Abuja, I have someone there I'm going to visit for 2 or 3, and traveling now is it advicable ?? Thanks in anticipation of your reply
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ifyalways(f): 11:53am On Mar 16, 2017
Juwohn:
Thanks house, finally he got the much anticipated VISA last week friday, now in South Africa registered at WITS.
Thanks for the advices.

Congrats.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: hunee and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.