Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,548 members, 7,823,399 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1737935 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (916) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by obaxlove(m): 6:47am On Sep 22, 2017
Please how can someone call for his or her passport, Via email or phone?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Omoocash(m): 10:05pm On Sep 23, 2017
Good day house. Am a prospective PHD student . I have been offered admission at UJ in SA.
I have done my SAQA and Medical aid insurance with MOMENTUM medical insurance.
I have collected my admission letter and letter of introduction from my potential supervisor .
I have done my medical and radiological test.

All I have left is police report.... Where can that be done Some people say I should go to Alagbon in Lagos to get it done there.

After which is visa processing....
How much can my sponsor have in his/her bank account

Where is advisable to apply visa through ( LAGOS OR ABUJA)

I will appreciate your candid opinion and response....

Thanks in anticipation for your prompt and favourable response.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by intrinsicniyi(m): 9:58am On Sep 24, 2017
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by intrinsicniyi(m): 9:59am On Sep 24, 2017
Omoocash:
Good day house. Am a prospective PHD student . I have been offered admission at UJ in SA.
I have done my SAQA and Medical aid insurance with MOMENTUM medical insurance.
I have collected my admission letter and letter of introduction from my potential supervisor .
I have done my medical and radiological test.

All I have left is police report.... Where can that be done Some people say I should go to Alagbon in Lagos to get it done there.

After which is visa processing....
How much can my sponsor have in his/her bank account

Where is advisable to apply visa through ( LAGOS OR ABUJA)

I will appreciate your candid opinion and response....

Thanks in anticipation for your prompt and favourable response.

Hi,

I did my police clearance at Alagbon, in Lagos state.

I have no idea of how much your sponsor should have in his/her account for your visa processing. Hopefully, some other persons will respond to this on the thread.

Lagos/Abuja? To be honest; if all your docs are intact, I'd suggest u go with any1 close to where u reside - I did mine in Lagos though.

Congratulations on ur admission & wish you success in ur endeavours - Welcome to UJ! cheesy
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 11:30am On Sep 24, 2017
wine4dguy:
Please guys is there any cheaper health insurance aside ingwe momentum...
Compcare
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Omoocash(m): 8:40pm On Sep 25, 2017
intrinsicniyi:

Hi,

I did my police clearance at Alagbon, in Lagos state.

I have no idea of how much your sponsor should have in his/her account for your visa processing. Hopefully, some other persons will respond to this on the thread.

Lagos/Abuja? To be honest; if all your docs are intact, I'd suggest u go with any1 close to where u reside - I did mine in Lagos though.

Congratulations on ur admission & wish you success in ur endeavours - Welcome to UJ! cheesy

Thanks so much for your prompt response...
How much does police Clearance cost you at alagbon and how many day(s) did it take you to finish the clearance
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by intrinsicniyi(m): 8:42pm On Sep 25, 2017
Omoocash:

Thanks so much for your prompt response...
How much does police Clearance cost you at alagbon and how many day(s) did it take you to finish the clearance

I think 3K, can't remember.

Those guys might even tell u it's 8k blah blah blah, it's less than or equal to 3k I'm sure. It mustn't pass that amount.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by AntyLydia: 11:41pm On Sep 25, 2017
Hello,
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 11:06am On Sep 26, 2017
AntyLydia:
Hello,

Please is there anyone in Johannesburg that has some Rand for exchange with Naira? Please pm me, I need this urgently, thank you.

Hi. I have rands. How much do you need?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by educsam245: 7:28am On Sep 28, 2017
AntyLydia:
Hello,

Please is there anyone in Johannesburg that has some Rand for exchange with Naira? Please pm me, I need this urgently, thank you.

I have rands as well.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by aragonbaba(m): 12:11pm On Sep 28, 2017
Please can a good samaritan drop the email/ phone number of the The South Africa High Commission,Lagos. i seriously need to know whats delaying my application since august 21st. I await swift response. Regards.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by obaxlove(m): 12:16pm On Sep 28, 2017
aragonbaba:
Please can a good samaritan drop the email/ phone number of the The South Africa High Commission,Lagos. i seriously need to know whats delaying my application since august 21st. I await swift response. Regards.

Please this is very urgent. The delay doesn’t make sense.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Omoocash(m): 1:26pm On Sep 28, 2017
Pls house, aside Alagbon......

where is other place that I can do police report ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Luxxycool(m): 7:55pm On Sep 28, 2017
welf99:

Yes print all your statements of accounts, stamped and signed including the one questioned. if you can get a letter from your bank branch to confirm that the specific account is a salary account and it is yours. submit all of them including all the previous documents in support of your application. Also write a letter to clarify to the embassy and attach proves...the bank letter and statements. you will be fine at the end.

Thanks a million, I got a reply from the consulate this evening exactly 3 weeks after I reapplied and the visa was granted. I really appreciate you and others that have been helping people on the forum.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 29, 2017
Good day house, please I applied for SA visiting visa on the 28th of August in Lagos. I only got a message that same day that it has been dispatched to the South African high commission and another message on the 29th of August that it's under processing. Eversince then I've not heard from them or received any message. Please can anybody tell me what's happening?? Please.....
Please is anybody also having the same issue?? I'm so worried....
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dayeur24: 6:19pm On Sep 29, 2017
Hello All, kindly advice me on this;

I was called today by VFS that the SA High commission could not issue me a long term (PhD) study visa yet, because of the expiry date of my passport ( April 2018). I had found out about the new rule of study permit not exceeding passport validity after making my visa application in August...The man who spoke to me instructed that I bring a "renewed" passport within 10 working days for the visa to be issued. I thanked him but also informed him that I could only renew my passport if I have the old one as that had to be stamped as cancelled without prejudice (as I had contacted someone at the Nigerian Immigration Service). To cut the long story short..he wasnt so receptive and told me that I could withdraw my passport and start a fresh application.

Kindly advice me on what to do everyone...ill appreciate every comment.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by obaxlove(m): 7:33pm On Sep 29, 2017
Luxxycool:

Thanks a million, I got a reply from the consulate this evening exactly 3 weeks after I reapplied and the visa was granted. I really appreciate you and others that have been helping people on the forum.

Please how did you know that your visa has been granted? Via tracking, email, sms or until you received your passport?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Luxxycool(m): 8:26pm On Sep 29, 2017
obaxlove:

Please how did you know that your visa has been granted? Via tracking, email, sms or until you received your passport?

it was when I got my passport
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by reka(m): 9:53pm On Sep 29, 2017
Have got 3k for sale. what rate do you have in mind?

AntyLydia:

I need some Rand please.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by obaxlove(m): 7:34am On Sep 30, 2017
Dayeur24:
Hello All, kindly advice me on this;

I was called today by VFS that the SA High commission could not issue me a long term (PhD) study visa yet, because of the expiry date of my passport ( April 2018). I had found out about the new rule of study permit not exceeding passport validity after making my visa application in August...The man who spoke to me instructed that I bring a "renewed" passport within 10 working days for the visa to be issued. I thanked him but also informed him that I could only renew my passport if I have the old one as that had to be stamped as cancelled without prejudice (as I had contacted someone at the Nigerian Immigration Service). To cut the long story short..he wasnt so receptive and told me that I could withdraw my passport and start a fresh application.

Kindly advice me on what to do everyone...ill appreciate every comment.

Hi,

Firstly, I don’t think it’s compulsory you have your passport canceled “without prejudice” to issue you another one.
Again, it depends on where you want to process your international passport from.

If you can try festac in lagos and demand to see some Ogas at the top explain things to them with your application documents, they should be able to help.

Just make sure you visit there with all your documents and great charisma.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by gentleking90(m): 12:19pm On Sep 30, 2017
Luxxycool:

it was when I got my passport
how long did it took u to reapply after it was rejected before. did they ask u to reapply after 6 months??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Luxxycool(m): 1:35pm On Sep 30, 2017
gentleking90:

how long did it took u to reapply after it was rejected before.
did they ask u to reapply after 6 months??

I was asked to reapply withing 10 working days so I reapplied before the deadline.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 30, 2017
Jerishank1:
Good day house, please I applied for SA visiting visa on the 28th of August in Lagos. I only got a message that same day that it has been dispatched to the South African high commission and another message on the 29th of August that it's under processing. Eversince then I've not heard from them or received any message. Please can anybody tell me what's happening?? Please.....
Please is anybody also having the same issue?? I'm so worried....
Please I need an answer.....please
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 30, 2017
Luxxycool:

I was asked to reapply withing 10 working days so I reapplied before the deadline.
Please when did you applied?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by obaxlove(m): 3:47pm On Sep 30, 2017
Jerishank1:

Please I need an answer.....please

6-9 weeks. Has it exceeded? If no wait.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by otunbabadok(m): 6:09pm On Sep 30, 2017
Please is there anyone coming to Durban in the coming month? Please if you are I need you to get me a Tecno device from Nigeria. You can mail me at otunbabadok@gmail.com and let's discuss. I will be grateful.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 30, 2017
obaxlove:

6-9 weeks. Has it exceeded? If no wait.
I submitted on the 28th of August....but I tracked it this week and it's says....my application is received and under assessment at "the South African high commission in Lagos
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by antzlaive(m): 10:53pm On Sep 30, 2017
Omoocash:
Pls house, aside Alagbon......

where is other place that I can do police report ?

FCIID AREA 10 ABUJA

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (916) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.