Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,380 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:45 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (352) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1826215 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (935) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sugah: 11:32pm On Sep 30, 2017
AntyLydia:

For South Africa visa, do not book your hotel accommodation through third party sites like booking.Com, airbnb etc. Your application may be rejected because of this. You are expected to book directly from the hotel website or call the hotel directly to do the booking.

Hi. Must one have a hotel reservation? What if one plans to stay with relatives?...

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lonlytroy(m): 2:17am On Oct 01, 2017
I did overstayed my visit in SA, my passport was not stamped to indicate my overstay but paper was print our naming me for 5 years, it's not up to a year since the incident occur, i want to know if i shoud Apply for visa will, what's my chance of getting the visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by obaxlove(m): 11:03am On Oct 01, 2017
sugah:

Hi. Must one have a hotel reservation? What if one plans to stay with relatives?...

If you are staying with your relative; let him or her state it in the invitation letter and include his or her bank statement to show that he or she can cover your staying expenses, otherwise, book an hotel.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by obaxlove(m): 11:06am On Oct 01, 2017
lonlytroy:
I did overstayed my visit in SA, my passport was not stamped to indicate my overstay but paper was print our naming me for 5 years, it's not up to a year since the incident occur, i want to know if i shoud Apply for visa will, what's my chance of getting the visa

Hi,

If the bold means 5 years ban; then you might need to wait till after 5 years. Another thing you can do is to appeal which I dont know the process or have an idea (you must have a good reason for overstaying)

But in order to safe cost, ignore them for 5 years.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dabssmalls: 9:24am On Oct 02, 2017
Please am new to this thread,couldnt go tru all 350 pages to follow up. My question is, are there jobs available for Nigerians in Sa and what amount do one need in his account to show for sufficient funds.lastly is.tourist visa the easiest
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by aragonbaba(m): 10:43am On Oct 02, 2017
I'm facing the same thing. I applied since 21st of August at the VFS office in portharcourt. No news till date. Tracked and still receive the same status of " received and under review in the southafrican high commission in Lagos"
Jerishank1:

Please I need an answer.....please
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 02, 2017
aragonbaba:
I'm facing the same thing. I applied since 21st of August at the VFS office in portharcourt. No news till date. Tracked and still receive the same status of " received and under review in the southafrican high commission in Lagos"
Please can anybody advise us on what to do?? Pleaseeeeeeee
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 3:09pm On Oct 02, 2017
Jerishank1:

Please can anybody advise us on what to do?? Pleaseeeeeeee
The same status in vfs online is the same thing anyone can tell you here.

Just chill, it's still under processing.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 02, 2017
Thecassanova:

The same status in vfs online is the same thing anyone can tell you here.

Just chill, it's still under processing.
Okay, thanks so much for your response.....
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by gnike1: 7:42pm On Oct 02, 2017
antzlaive:
FCIID AREA 10 ABUJA

It's only at Alagbon you can process your police report. All other police formations send your applications to Alagbon. I once did in Abuja and it took a week before I got it. But at Alagbon I got it in less than an hour.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by aragonbaba(m): 8:21am On Oct 03, 2017
Please i need the email of the south african embassy. Can a good samaritan help me please.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by antzlaive(m): 10:28am On Oct 03, 2017
gnike1:

It's only at Alagbon you can process your police report. All other police formations send your applications to Alagbon. I once did in Abuja and it took a week before I got it. But at Alagbon I got it in less than an hour.
True, they send to Alagbon. But takes the stress off a person resident in Abuja.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by obaxlove(m): 11:33am On Oct 03, 2017
Hi Guys,

I applied on the 12th of September and I got my visa approved today. 2 weeks visa granted with single entry to attend a conference in Cape Town late October this year. I submitted in lagos.

Just make sure you submit a verifiable/genuine documents.

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by aragonbaba(m): 1:18pm On Oct 03, 2017
obaxlove:
Hi Guys,

I applied on the 12th of September and I got my visa approved today. 2 weeks visa granted with single entry to attend a conference in Cape Town late October this year.

Congratulations.
Which of the VFS office did you submit your application?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by obaxlove(m): 1:25pm On Oct 03, 2017
aragonbaba:
Congratulations.
Which of the VFS office did you submit your application?
Lagos.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 03, 2017
obaxlove:
Hi Guys,

I applied on the 12th of September and I got my visa approved today. 2 weeks visa granted with single entry to attend a conference in Cape Town late October this year. I submitted in lagos.

I'm happy for you.....please where did you submit? Lagos or Abuja??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by gnike1: 2:21pm On Oct 03, 2017
Good day house, just to inform you that I finally got my visitors visa (long term) today. I initially applied at Abuja but denied and told to reapply after six months. They gave the reason that I did not attach my wife study permit, which I actually did.
But I proceeded to Lagos centre to reapply within 3 weeks and I got my visa on Friday with processing time just about 2 weeks.
This info might help others. Thanks to all.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by UTILITYMAY(m): 6:40pm On Oct 03, 2017
Good day guyz... Please I applied for South African Visa with five other friends on the 29th of August. After 10 working days, the other five people were called to come and pick up their passports and visa was granted to all. Mine is yet to come, the only thing they've been saying is that my application is under processing. What could be the possible issue? The seminar we applied for is 5th and 6th of this month, that is, Thursday and Friday this week. Please I need your advice please.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by aragonbaba(m): 6:54pm On Oct 03, 2017
Please house, my bank just called me this evening from there headquarters to confirm if I applied for south African visa. Did anyone experience such Contact?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by obaxlove(m): 7:55pm On Oct 03, 2017
aragonbaba:
Please house, my bank just called me this evening from there headquarters to confirm if I applied for south African visa. Did anyone experience such Contact?

Yes they always contact your bank.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by obaxlove(m): 7:59pm On Oct 03, 2017
UTILITYMAY:
Good day guyz... Please I applied for South African Visa with five other friends on the 29th of August. After 10 working days, the other five people were called to come and pick up their passports and visa was granted to all. Mine is yet to come, the only thing they've been saying is that my application is under processing. What could be the possible issue? The seminar we applied for is 5th and 6th of this month, that is, Thursday and Friday this week. Please I need your advice please.

Try and call them, I guessed they are having issue confirming your bank details or something is not adding up. Did you guys used the same documents?

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by UTILITYMAY(m): 9:01pm On Oct 03, 2017
obaxlove:
Try and call them, I guessed they are having issue confirming your bank details or something is not adding up. Did you guys used the same documents?

Thanks for your response. We all use the same documents. We were expecting all the visa to come the same day, but we don't understand why mine is not there. I have been to their office twice, they told me the same thing to hold on. My bank details confirmation should not give issues at all. I am confused.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by gentleking90(m): 9:25pm On Oct 03, 2017
gnike1:
Good day house, just to inform you that I finally got my visitors visa (long term) today. I initially applied at Abuja but denied and told to reapply after six months. They gave the reason that I did not attach my wife study permit, which I actually did.
But I proceeded to Lagos centre to reapply within 3 weeks and I got my visa on Friday with processing time just about 2 weeks.
This info might help others. Thanks to all.
congrats bro.
I remember your story then, we were denied almost the same time..the reason for my denial was because I didn't attached my old passport. and was given 6 months ban too.
thinking of applying again later this month at Abuja too, do u suggest I apply in Lagos?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 03, 2017
UTILITYMAY:
Where did you applied? Lagos or Abuja??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by aragonbaba(m): 3:50am On Oct 04, 2017
Does it mean they are just commencing process on my application that I submitted since 21st of August? I dont understand this south African embassy and there unstable mode of operation. However, I hope my visa drops in a week.
obaxlove:

Yes they always contact your bank.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by UTILITYMAY(m): 8:07am On Oct 04, 2017
Jerishank1:
Where did you applied? Lagos or Abuja??

Lagos
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Omoocash(m): 12:43pm On Oct 04, 2017
Pls house I have two cogent questions to ask

1. Is it possible to do both police report ( at Alagbon) and Yellow fever paper ( at MMIA, Ikeja) same day and still return to my station in Ondo State ?

2. Secondly, I have downloaded VFS visa application form along side with medical form and radiological form from the VFS website..
I have filled medical and radiological forms and get them stamped... Now my question is this, I have filled DHA -1738 ( form cool in hardcopy....

Am I going to apply online again ? I think that I will submit the filled hardcopy with the necessary documents in hardcopy..

Kindly advice me on this...

Thanks in anticipation
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 3:58pm On Oct 04, 2017
Omoocash:
Pls house I have two cogent questions to ask

1. Is it possible to do both police report ( at Alagbon) and Yellow fever paper ( at MMIA, Ikeja) same day and still return to my station in Ondo State ?

2. Secondly, I have downloaded VFS visa application form along side with medical form and radiological form from the VFS website..
I have filled medical and radiological forms and get them stamped... Now my question is this, I have filled DHA -1738 ( form cool in hardcopy....

Am I going to apply online again ? I think that I will submit the filled hardcopy with the necessary documents in hardcopy..

Kindly advice me on this...

Thanks in anticipation
1. YES, Its your money talking

2. Last time I checked it was Hardcopy in Nigeria VFS. It's renewal/applying in SA vfs that's online.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 4:02pm On Oct 04, 2017
aragonbaba:
Please i need the email of the south african embassy. Can a good samaritan help me please.
Emails? You on a long thing bro. Last I check the Lagos Sa embassy email doesn't go through. Why don't you try calling?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by gnike1: 6:35pm On Oct 04, 2017
gentleking90:

congrats bro.
I remember your story then, we were denied almost the same time..the reason for my denial was because I didn't attached my old passport. and was given 6 months ban too.
thinking of applying again later this month at Abuja too, do u suggest I apply in Lagos?

If Abuja was your initial place of application, suggest you proceed to Lagos centre to reapply. But make sure ur documents are OK.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drered(m): 7:34pm On Oct 04, 2017
X. X
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by aragonbaba(m): 8:22pm On Oct 04, 2017
Thecassanova:

Emails? You on a long thing bro. Last I check the Lagos Sa embassy email doesn't go through. Why don't you try calling?
all there lines are temporary out of service. As regards the email, i have been receiving delivery error ever since .

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (935) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.