Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,401 members, 7,954,585 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:44 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1825277 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (935) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by moneyhungry(m): 11:57am On Aug 20, 2014
harlyon: . Are they going to check me for physical cash when I am in ppossesion of my master card?.I don't intend carrying physical cash though..as for the letter I have it with me and his bio data page of his passport together with his permit(Relative)
well, I hear you could get a pass if you have a MasterCard.
however, its safer to come with physical cash and change it when you arrive at SA.
things are changing and the system is getting more strict... especially to Nigerians.
like I said, SA dey deport naija peeps for even the most ridiculous reasons.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 12:49pm On Aug 20, 2014
moneyhungry:
well, I hear you could get a pass if you have a MasterCard.
however, its safer to come with physical cash and change it when you arrive at SA.
things are changing and the system is getting more strict... especially to Nigerians.
like I said, SA dey deport naija peeps for even the most ridiculous reasons.
. Okay
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 5:39pm On Aug 20, 2014
I still have not heard from this people oh. Am wondering why it is taking so long for them to repsond.
TYPOP:

The university was on holiday. They just resumed but are facing supplementary exams at the moment. They should be able to attend to you by the end of the month.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 6:12pm On Aug 20, 2014
yinksob002: I still have not heard from this people oh. Am wondering why it is taking so long for them to repsond.
grin It seems everything in SA takes time,just got notification from SAQA today after more than a month of applying and not as if its ready but requesting for more docs and info.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 5:39am On Aug 21, 2014
TYPOP:

Let the person write a letter stating that you will be staying with him/her. Let the person state his passport number in the letter. You should be fine that way. The person's phone number on the letter may/may not help you. It depends on who attends to you at the port of entry.
. Yea mr Typop I actually mailed Mr ALEX KEMP the immigration head in SA and this was his rely. AT THE PORT OF ENTRY,WE WOULD ASK YOU WHERE YOU WOULD BE STAYING OR A LETTER FROM YOUR HOST STATING THE ADDRESS AND DURATION OF YOUR STAY WOULD BE HELPFUL.ACCORDING TO LEGISLATION,WE WOULD REQUEST PROOF ON HOW YOU WOULD SUSTAIN YOURSELF OVER HERE IN SOUTH AFRICA. WE WILL ACCEPT TRAVELLERS CHECK,BANK STATEMENTS ETC AS PROOF OF FINANCIAL MEANS.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elume2020(m): 12:48pm On Aug 21, 2014
For our brother from other African countries who are members of this forum and in particular this thread. Please read below and apply.
Good day

Attached and below, please find information on the South African Square Kilometre Array Project (SKA) Masters and Doctoral Bursaries Programme for 2015. Students must submit applications online at https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za

The UJ internal closing date is 10 September 2014.

Minimum Criteria:
1. South African citizens, and permanent residents of South Africa, who wish to complete a relevant PhD or MSc degree at a South African university.

2. Citizens of Namibia, Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, Madagascar, Mauritius, Kenya and Ghana, who wish to complete a relevant PhD or MSc degree at a South African university.

3. South African citizens and citizens of Namibia, Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, Madagascar, Mauritius, Kenya and Ghana, who wish to complete a relevant PhD or MSc degree at a university in an SKA SA partner country (Namibia, Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, Madagascar, Mauritius, Kenya and Ghana).

4. No other government sourced funding, NRF or funding with contractual obligations.

The SKA SA has predetermined the areas of research that will be considered for funding in 2015. IMPORTANT: The selection of research projects, from a list of pre-approved projects, by successful applicants, only takes place at the end of the application process.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:22am On Aug 22, 2014
Emasel: grin It seems everything in SA takes time,just got notification from SAQA today after more than a month of applying and not as if its ready but requesting for more docs and info.

Not true. Things run faster than in naija. And you may not need to "push" it.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:22am On Aug 22, 2014
yinksob002: I still have not heard from this people oh. Am wondering why it is taking so long for them to repsond.

Send them a mail.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by deolama: 6:09pm On Aug 22, 2014
Pls d certificate of conduct form is it d same has police clearance Certificate demanded by universities.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 6:14pm On Aug 22, 2014
elume2020: For our brother from other African countries who are members of this forum and in particular this thread. Please read below and apply.
Good day

Attached and below, please find information on the South African Square Kilometre Array Project (SKA) Masters and Doctoral Bursaries Programme for 2015. Students must submit applications online at https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za

The UJ internal closing date is 10 September 2014.

Minimum Criteria:
1. South African citizens, and permanent residents of South Africa, who wish to complete a relevant PhD or MSc degree at a South African university.

2. Citizens of Namibia, Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, Madagascar, Mauritius, Kenya and Ghana, who wish to complete a relevant PhD or MSc degree at a South African university.

3. South African citizens and citizens of Namibia, Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, Madagascar, Mauritius, Kenya and Ghana, who wish to complete a relevant PhD or MSc degree at a university in an SKA SA partner country (Namibia, Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, Madagascar, Mauritius, Kenya and Ghana).

4. No other government sourced funding, NRF or funding with contractual obligations.

The SKA SA has predetermined the areas of research that will be considered for funding in 2015. IMPORTANT: The selection of research projects, from a list of pre-approved projects, by successful applicants, only takes place at the end of the application process.
Nigerians have made meaningful contributions in terms of quality and novel researches than any other African countries wonder why we are excluded from many NRF/DST scholarships/bursaries. There is African Laser Centre scholarship/bursary ongoing right now. It is meant for those that are in Physics/Physical chemistry fields and make use of Laser radiation in their research works. The scholarship is open to all African nationals studying for MSc/PhD in South African Universities.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 6:20pm On Aug 22, 2014
TYPOP:

Not true. Things run faster than in naija. And you may not need to "push" it.
Things are changing now in SA, it seems they are purposely holding on to applications in other to frustrate prospective applicants to SA universities. I submitted HESA application since 4th of July and still waiting endlessly to hear from those goons. I'm waiting for them till monday when I will send them offensive mail for holding on to the application for processing that shouldn't take more than 2 weeks.
Btw, I heard SA has suspended flights from Ebola ravaging countries, how true is this and what will happen should I/anyone decide to travel to Nigeria in December?

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by deolama: 6:35pm On Aug 22, 2014
chemashie: Things are changing now in SA, it seems they are purposely holding on to applications in other to frustrate prospective applicants to SA universities. I submitted HESA application since 4th of July and still waiting endlessly to hear from those goons. I'm waiting for them till monday when I will send them offensive mail for holding on to the application for processing that shouldn't take more than 2 weeks.
Btw, I heard SA has suspended flights from Ebola ravaging countries, how true is this and what will happen should I/anyone decide to travel to Nigeria in December?

Pls, where do I get the certificate of conduct from.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 8:01pm On Aug 22, 2014
deolama:

Pls, where do I get the certificate of conduct from.
certificate of conduct? I'm hearing this for the first time. You mind explaining more on what it means?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinchar(m): 8:28pm On Aug 22, 2014
Hi House, please can anybody provide the email address of the South Africa embassy in Abuja, I'll like to inquire about the status of my study permit. I called them all day without any response.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by deolama: 9:14pm On Aug 22, 2014
[quote author=chemashie]certificate of conduct? I'm hearing this for the first time. You mind explaining more on what it means? [/quotes

I saw on the forms that, I have to submit certificate of conduct with my academic records from the university.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 9:33pm On Aug 22, 2014
yinchar: Hi House, please can anybody provide the email address of the South Africa embassy in Abuja, I'll like to inquire about the status of my study permit. I called them all day without any response.

sahcabuja@yahoo.co.uk
irozani@gmail.com
ibuthelezi@yahoo.com
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 9:48pm On Aug 22, 2014
chemashie: Things are changing now in SA, it seems they are purposely holding on to applications in other to frustrate prospective applicants to SA universities. I submitted HESA application since 4th of July and still waiting endlessly to hear from those goons. I'm waiting for them till monday when I will send them offensive mail for holding on to the application for processing that shouldn't take more than 2 weeks.
. Nigeria wasn't included.I watched it in the news today,,.!. LIBERIA,SIERRA LEONE AND GUINEA

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by venda123: 8:24am On Aug 23, 2014
Please house has any one hear or gotten information from home affairs i applied for a renew of my visiting visa since April till now i haven't hear from them please can any one enlighten me the latest news from home affairs please.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinchar(m): 9:00am On Aug 23, 2014
Emasel:

sahcabuja@yahoo.co.uk
irozani@gmail.com
ibuthelezi@yahoo.com
Thank you so much @Emasel, I really appreciate it.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 2:25pm On Aug 23, 2014
harlyon: . Nigeria wasn't included.I watched it in the news today,,.!. LIBERIA,SIERRA LEONE AND GUINEA
Thank you for this information. I can't afford to miss my family most especially our new baby.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 11:04pm On Aug 23, 2014
deolama: Pls d certificate of conduct form is it d same has police clearance Certificate demanded by universities.
deolama: I saw on the forms that, I have to submit certificate of conduct with my academic records from the university.

Your university is demanding a certificate of conduct? Kindly explain better or include a link so we can read and understand better to help you.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 11:07pm On Aug 23, 2014
chemashie:
Nigerians have made meaningful contributions in terms of quality and novel researches than any other African countries wonder why we are excluded from many NRF/DST scholarships/bursaries. There is African Laser Centre scholarship/bursary ongoing right now. It is meant for those that are in Physics/Physical chemistry fields and make use of Laser radiation in their research works. The scholarship is open to all African nationals studying for MSc/PhD in South African Universities.

Apologies sir. Just to clarify some minor mistakes. SKA is the one not open to us. NRF/DST is open to us. If you qualify, kindly apply. If you are on 2nd year masters, don't bother.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 11:08pm On Aug 23, 2014

Not quite bro. I called SAQA last week for an application. Apparently they sent a mail to Akungba's registrar and are still awaiting reply. Some delays are caused from Nigeria.

But I also get you though since they can just confirm WAEC online. I may not be able to comment on the HESA thingy.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 11:10pm On Aug 23, 2014
venda123: Please house has any one hear or gotten information from home affairs i applied for a renew of my visiting visa since April till now i haven't hear from them please can any one enlighten me the latest news from home affairs please.

Since April! Somethings are going on inbetween the end of the old dispensation and the new dispensation. I think they are still deciding what to do with those applications.

Did you call Home Affairs? What did they say?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 11:11pm On Aug 23, 2014
chemashie:
Thank you for this information. I can't afford to miss my family most especially our new baby.

Abi nau. Me sef dey go home. I just pray the whole Ebola thing don die down before I go. Otherwise, I may be a cast aside by the time I come back until they see I'm not symptomatic after 3 weeks. LOL
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 11:57pm On Aug 23, 2014
TYPOP:

Abi nau. Me sef dey go home. I just pray the whole Ebola thing don die down before I go. Otherwise, I may be a cast aside by the time I come back until they see I'm not symptomatic after 3 weeks. LOL
. Just wondering hw d airport screening go blike.hope e no affect our waka o
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by venda123: 9:28am On Aug 24, 2014
TYPO I went to the office were i apply and they told me that it's still pending
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 11:49am On Aug 24, 2014
TYPOP:

Not quite bro. I called SAQA last week for an application. Apparently they sent a mail to Akungba's registrar and are still awaiting reply. Some delays are caused from Nigeria.

But I also get you though since they can just confirm WAEC online. I may not be able to comment on the HESA thingy.
Did you finish from AAUA? The HESA application has been with them close to 2 months now without any response coming from them.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 11:57am On Aug 24, 2014
TYPOP:

Apologies sir. Just to clarify some minor mistakes. SKA is the one not open to us. NRF/DST is open to us. If you qualify, kindly apply. If you are on 2nd year masters, don't bother.

Cheers.
Go and check all the NRF/DST scholarships very well and you will see what I'm saying. We have the full lists in my lab and only the Rhodes Prestigious scholarship is made available to nonSA students. Besides, most of these scholarships are done through your Universities and you can't benefit from them single handedly. The first question they always ask us at the PG Funding of my school is "Are you South African?". Even the so called NRF/DST DAAD in-country was specifically meant for SA students. I don't have problem with all of them because my supervisor who is a DST/NRF Chair made them available to us depending on area of research you are working on.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 6:49pm On Aug 24, 2014
harlyon: . Just wondering hw d airport screening go blike.hope e no affect our waka o
.Treat any malaria or typhoid very well before boarding to SA because any small. Sign of ebola they will keep u aside for 3weeks for surveillance to confirm if na EBOLA which can be traumatic!They have stopped flights from Liberia ,Guinea and Sierra Leone and now there is increased checking on flight from Nigeria and Ghana,hence they may use this excuse to deport innocent people .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 7:40pm On Aug 24, 2014
samtol4: .Treat any malaria or typhoid very well before boarding to SA because any small. Sign of ebola they will keep u aside for 3weeks for surveillance to confirm if na EBOLA which can be traumatic!They have stopped flights from Liberia ,Guinea and Sierra Leone and now there is increased checking on flight from Nigeria and Ghana,hence they may use this excuse to deport innocent people .
. Noted...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 8:42pm On Aug 24, 2014
samtol4: .Treat any malaria or typhoid very well before boarding to SA because any small. Sign of ebola they will keep u aside for 3weeks for surveillance to confirm if na EBOLA which can be traumatic!They have stopped flights from Liberia ,Guinea and Sierra Leone and now there is increased checking on flight from Nigeria and Ghana,hence they may use this excuse to deport innocent people .
Thanks for the information provided.

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (935) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.