Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,290 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians (36882 Views)

Were Hausas The Ancient Egyptians? / 12 Images Of Pharaohs That Prove Ancient Egyptians Were Black / Ramses, Cleopatra, Nefertiti: Original Egyptians Were Black? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 01, 2013
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 01, 2013
you can see the cultural similarities.
im glad Islam hasn't completely erased their past.
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 01, 2013
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 01, 2013
how the hair gel made from animal fat is applied..

*Kails*:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQfegDkdP3E
^^you can see how it's done @ 4:44 in this video

i am only reposting these videos to back up my findings. wink

Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 09, 2013
Discussing the skin color issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAHfM4u3lIE
LMFAO@ 1:41 - 2:19

Showing how ancient libyans (blacks)
who teamed up with sea people from
the mediterranean destroyed egypt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e57D4e3vZJo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyLnQEFzClA

just like black ppl today, they were just too damn trusting and inviting.
smh.
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 09, 2013
the only beef i hace with "black egypt art" is them
depicting ancient egyptians as looking like west africans.

c'mon son! the black ancient egyptians were cushitic and nilotics.
we have to keep it real at at all times!

FOH grin
[img]http://2.bp..com/-vXyXwdOzBNI/T0SMZcTiyBI/AAAAAAAAAQM/qhUhX0UemM4/s1600/blackphar3.jpg[/img]
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 09, 2013

1 Like

Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 09, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e57D4e3vZJo

ignore the parts 6:11 to the end.
[size=18pt]that's PURE super afro.centric comedy[/size].

the trans-Atlantic slave trade did NOT have anything
to do with Egypt. Nothing at all.

the true descendants of Egypt are still living in present day southern egypt
on down to the horn of africa (the entire nile valley is linked to ancient egypt; FACT!)

yes, they were enslaved but ONLY mentally as many do not know their history, have taken on the "afro. asiatic"
identity and have given up their deities for islam and/or x-tianity.

Until i see proof...SOLID proof that descendants of ancient egyptians can
be found in west africa (aside from A certain group whose name i won't mention
so as not to offend someone on NL grin grin) and thus proving a direct link BTN THOSE REGIONS,
I don't want to hear that. tongue I go off of proof, not hearsay or
what we WANT to be fact. I'm through accepting myths. tongue tongue

[size=1pt]I'm tired of gettin slayed in arguments because ppls lies mehn[/size] grin grin

Yes I am ranting, son. grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Fulaman198(m): 8:47pm On Oct 09, 2013
*Kails*:

ignore the parts 6:11 to the end.
[size=18pt]that's PURE super afro.centric comedy[/size].

the trans-Atlantic slave trade did NOT have anything
to do with Egypt. Nothing at all.

on down to the horn of africa (the entire nile valley is linked to ancient egypt; FACT!)

yes, they were enslaved but ONLY mentally as many do not know their history, have taken on the "afro. asiatic"

Until i see proof...SOLID proof that descendants of ancient egyptians can
be found in west africa (aside from A certain group whose name i won't mention
so as not to offend someone on NL grin grin) and thus proving a direct link BTN THOSE REGIONS,
I don't want to hear that. tongue I go off of proof, not hearsay or
what we WANT to be fact. I'm through accepting myths. tongue tongue

[size=1pt]I'm tired of gettin slayed in arguments because ppls lies mehn[/size] grin grin

Yes I am ranting, son. grin grin

Yah Present day Egypt and Sudan
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 09, 2013
that's why whites laugh at us when we talk about black egypt...
because you have come ppl mixing lies with the truth.

from present day egypt on down the horn you can STILL see
historical evidence that ties egypt with subsaharan africa...

but where is the SOLID evidence that ALL of Africa had ties there?
I'm not saying it's impossible but I have yet to see it. *shrugs*

Trade? Language? Anything?

....ANYONE? grin
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 09, 2013
Fulaman198:

Yah Present day Egypt and Sudan

Even beyond that.
East Africa including the horn has links to ancient egypt.

The Egyptians said it themselves they came from Ethiopia
not to mention genetics.

And when the last true Egyptian kings were expelled from Egypt
they headed to the south. wink
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 09, 2013
*Kails*:
^^check ur inbox.

@topic: considering the nile is the only river that flows "upward"...this explains why their concept of north and south was different from what we accept to be north and south today.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-VUZdz-l7mAc/UBhyHTY-5_I/AAAAAAAABCU/vJ6MRXQKHNQ/s1600/boat_nile.jpg[/img]

hence why upper Egypt is in the south, and lower Egypt Is in the north.

in the eyes of the ancient Egyptian this would be the true shape of Africa:

now many eurocentrics would claim this proves Asiatic/meditteranean people started Egypt because they ventured inward and did not go too far in. FALSE.

For one thing back then the Saharan desert resembled tropical Africa. Second according to the papyrus Hunefer it states: we came from the beginning of the nile where god hapi dwells at the foothills of the mountains of the moon. wink

this means that they FOLLOWED the beginning of the nile on downward (upward by our standards today). wink wink
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Fulaman198(m): 8:55pm On Oct 09, 2013
*Kails*:

Even beyond that.
East Africa including the horn has links to ancient egypt.

The Egyptians said it themselves they came from Ethiopia
not to mention genetics.

And when the last true Egyptian kings were expelled from Egypt
they headed to the south. wink

True, you should become an African historian in American schools. They probably wouldn't hire you though because most American schools would not want to hear the truth.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 09, 2013
*Kails*:
smh...

@topic:

my guess is that their beginning was present day Khartoum in Sudan.

another possibility would be in Ethiopia.

Personally I think Lake Victoria is out of the question but hey I could be wrong.

physical map of the area

[img]http://3.bp..com/-YlEaY3UJM00/UJ6Q7XMg_FI/AAAAAAAAgCY/SnqCLbVv_jE/s640/Sudan-SK-BN2_blog_main_horizontal.jpg[/img]

it's been proven that ethiopia is the birthplace of the ancient egyptians. smiley
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 09, 2013
Fulaman198:

True, you should become an African historian in American schools. They probably wouldn't hire you though because most American schools would not want to hear the truth.

Thanks bro. smiley

That's true!! SOOO true.
Even so called "black schools" (HBCUs) are like that. undecided

It's sad.
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Fulaman198(m): 9:02pm On Oct 09, 2013
*Kails*:

Thanks bro. smiley

That's true!! SOOO true.
Even so called "black schools" (HBCUs) are like that. undecided

It's sad.

Very true

1 Like

Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 12:26am On Oct 10, 2013
Horus:
Afar man

Ahmose I

*saved for future reference*
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 12:27am On Oct 10, 2013

cutie. cheesy grin
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 10, 2013
Indigenous Nile valley/Ethiopian culture smiley

Oromo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxdpbUJuM1A

their territory

i will post some connections btn ancient egypt and the nilotic ppls soon smiley smiley
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 10, 2013
http://www.voicefinfinne.org/English/Column/Special_Report.htm

[size=18pt]Special Report on the Long History of North East Africa[/size]

Part I: North East Africa's Ancient Civilizations

A. Jean Doresse's Observation

In 2002, The Reporter, a private Ethiopian newspaper, published an interview with Jean Doresse, a famous French historian who specialized in Egyptian and Ethiopian history. In that interview, Doresse is reported to have said: "I am very much fond of reading Plato and some of his dialogues but I could not understand those dialogues until I visited Ethiopia." He suggested that when he visited Ethiopia, he "found the life, the ancient culture which was at the origin of ancient Greece." By visiting Ethiopia, he added "I found ways of thinking and ideas that made me very clear with my Plato's readings."

When asked about ancient Greece, Egyptian and Ethiopian civilizations, he said the following: "Ethiopia is older than pharaonic Egypt. We have some proofs for this. People working on Ethiopia did not find the language of ancient Egypt in Ethiopia. But in ancient Egyptian we found many words which are in Ethiopia, both in Amharic and even more in Oromiffa. So, the conclusion is that Ethiopia is the birthplace of ancient civilization which developed later in Egypt and much later on in Greece and other countries."

When asked about how to justify his above statements, he has the following to say: "Formerly I was an Egyptologist with knowledge of the hieroglyphics system. But when I was in Ethiopia I found that there are the same names, the same appel[l]ations for so many things that appeared at the beginning of pharaonic language. For instance, there is a word "Oromo" in Ethiopia which appeared in ancient Egypt referring to the same subject, with consonants only, without using vowels. It would have been good for a person who is an Egyptologist to study Amharic and Oromiffa and try to list out words that were in use in both countries."
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 10, 2013
before i post the rest...that simply means that amharic still has indigenous terminology within the language...
therefore it's not entirely semetic...

hmmm
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 10, 2013
Part II. Oromos in Ancient Egypt

A. W. M. Flinders Petrie's Observations

In his 1939 book titled The Making of Ancient Egypt, W. M. Flinders Petrie is reported to have noted that the 7th – 10th and the 12th Dynasties of Pharaonic Egypt have Oromo characteristics, based on comparisons of features of contemporary Oromos and some sphinxes and statues from ancient Egypt.

In his 1896 (the year Italy was defeated at Adwa) book titled A History of Egypt – Part One, Pertie is reported to have written “[the Oromo] people do not appear in any records, and all their monuments have been re-appropriated. They left, however, a most striking style of sculpture, in the sphinxes which were later removed to Tanis, but seem originally to have come from El Kab, where a piece of such a sphinx has been found. The type is closely like that of the Galla [Oromo]. The evidence that all the earlier sculptures of Tanis were collected there by Ramessu II seems clear; and that these sphinxes are earlier than the Hyksos is certain by those kings having appropriated them. No period seems so likely for them as the 7th to the 10th dynasties. The type was heavily bearded, with bushy hair.”
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 10, 2013
WOW!!!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 10, 2013
Horus:
Afar man with Afro hair

[img]http://3.bp..com/_TFdF--fOnx8/SOsln9ia-xI/AAAAAAAAAQc/2E4a0fH3Y7Y/s400/slide0007_image011.gif[/img]
Ancient Egyptian with Afro hair

Ancient Egyptian with Afro

Wife of Psamtik I (26th Dynasty)

Afro hair

HORUS YOU WERE SPOT ON!
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 10, 2013
Horus:
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 10, 2013
B. Some Evidences in Recent Publications

Much more tantalizing evidences of Oromos in Ancient Egypt are emerging. [size=18pt]A youngish statue of Tutankhamun certainly shows Kushitic features.[/size] In addition, one would be curious about his name which can be approximated to a composite [size=18pt]Tutan-kh-amanu of unique Oromo words. It roughly means one who believes in the mass[/size]. That may sound far-fetched to some at first glance. However, when one studies the fact that his predecessor, Pharaoh Akhenaton, met a rebellion from the mass he ruled because of his attempt to change Egypt's polytheistic belief to monotheism, and Tutankhamun becomes a Pharaoh only few years later after Akhenaton was deposed from power makes this subject extremely interesting. Add to that the Oromo Gada system of government, which Professor Donald L. Levine calls "one of the most complex systems of social organization ever devised by the human imagination," and you would most probably get even more curious. Tutankhamun is believed to have changed the belief system from Akhenaton's belief in the sun to belief in "amun", which may be a misinterpretation of the very word amani in Afan Oromo whose approximate translation is believing.

HMMMM...
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 10, 2013
[size=18pt]Part III. Meroitic Civilization[/size]

A. Heliodorus' Account

A review of a book by Heliodorus titled Aithiopika, a clear interaction between the Meroe and ancient Greece was made very clear. A review of this book has a tale of romance involving a Meroitic and a Greek with the romance starting and ending in Meroe.

B. Discovery Channel's Recent Documentary

A documentary produced by the discovery channel a few years ago, which is titled Nubia: The Forgotten Kingdom, notes the civilization of the Meroitic kingdom as well as how it was destroyed. This documentary gives an important link between ancient Oromo civilization and the present state of Oromo nation in East Africa.

I WILL CHECK THAT OUT!! cheesy
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 10, 2013
Part IV. Clash of Two Civilizations

As the Meroitic civilization was flourishing, another civilization was sprouting in Aksum. There are conflicting evidences about whether the Aksumite civilization is predominantly Kushitic or Semitic civilization. What is for sure, however, is that Meroitic and Axumite Abyssinian civilizations had separate writing systems. The former civilization used Meroitic hieroglyphic and demotic writing systems whereas the latter civilization used the Sabean writing system that evolved in Yemen and crossed to the African side of the Red Sea with members of the Abashat tribe in Yemen.

Had these two civilizations co-existed, East Africa's history for nearly two millennia would probably be far different from what we know now. However, what happened in the second half of the fourth century is a clash of these two civilizations that devastated the Meroitic civilization. King Ezana of Aksum led the invasion of the Meroitic kingdom around 370 A.D. after accepting Christianity and in the process of expanding it.

smh..not surprised. tongue

After the fall of Akhenaton and the tumultuous times in Egypt that may have set in motion the decline of Egyptian civilization, the invasion of Meroe by King Ezana appears to be the second in a series of events that started Kush's Dark Age in East Africa.

[size=18pt]Aksumite civilization was in turn devastated by Islam's expansion in East Africa[/size], which, according to Professor Donald N. Levine, was the cause for surviving Aksumites to flee to central Ethiopia of Menz and Gurage areas. This may have been the cause for not only intermingling of the fleeing survivors and the local Kushitic people, but also for the creation of the Amharic language and the founding of the so called Solominid Dynasty around Menz in 1270 A.D
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 10, 2013
[size=18pt]This dynasty may have served as a spring board for Amharization of other Kushitic peoples in adjacent areas of Shawa, as well as in Wallo, Gojam and Gondar.[/size]

grin grin grin

DID I NOT SAY THAT IT WAS ONLY A SMALL GROUP OF OUTSIDERS WHO VENTURED INTO EAST AFRICA? grin
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 10, 2013

On the other hand, Islamic expansion in East Africa not only destroyed Aksumite civilization, but also got a significant grip in various parts of this region at different times since then. In effect, the expansions of both Christianity and Islam and their aftermath have made this part of the world a battleground between various interest groups and took the various peoples in the region captives of destitution.

how sad.
which is why i said:

*Kails*:
--

luckily we still the Afar and the Oromos who although they are Muslim, still have held on to a lot of their ancient ways making it easier to compare ancient egypt/ east africa to the ppl living today.
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 10, 2013
*Kails*:

grin grin grin

DID I NOT SAY THAT IT WAS ONLY A SMALL GROUP OF OUTSIDERS WHO VENTURED INTO EAST AFRICA? grin

lol FINALLY! i found it grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1366789/ethiopians-caucasion-video/3#17849172

*Kails*:

i think it ties into what i said,
as it clearly points out their their CRANIAL AND NOSE SHAPES
ARE NATURAL and native to Africa
. wink

the only thing that was influenced was the hair texture.
and many of them still do NOT have wavy hair as i pointed out earlier in this thread.

so my hypothesis is that that there was a SMALL population of native east
africans that mixed with those who came into africa, and their descendants (bi-racials)
mixed with the purer africans and so and and so on, resulting in many having wavy - softer hair

#everythingisaycomestolight cool

THIS is a close look @ what the original horner african looked like cool

PRESENT DAY OROMO MAN.

I'm only posting this to back up what I said... tongue
I don't want to turn this thread into hair type discussion thread...I'm tired of that. tongue
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 10, 2013
Of course that was what happened initially even in the case of the ancient egyptians...they accepted
small clans of outsiders into their culture/kingdom which you can see in the hieroglyphs (changes in complexion).

since then there were many invasions and the demographics changed drastically.

I always liken what happened to them to what happened to the "red men" of the americas.

America now looks like this...

but was originally like this...

kinda heartbreaking when you think about it. undecided

they will test some Americans who may have some Native American genetics and claim they are the true descendants grin grin just as they have with the semetic egyptians today who may be 1/8th native egyptian grin grin tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Igbologun, Island Where Pregnant Women Must Not Go Into Labour At Midnight / Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB / Lady Shares What She Did When Charms Were Sent To Her While Visiting Her Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.