Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,316 members, 7,826,253 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians (36903 Views)

Were Hausas The Ancient Egyptians? / 12 Images Of Pharaohs That Prove Ancient Egyptians Were Black / Ramses, Cleopatra, Nefertiti: Original Egyptians Were Black? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Fulaman198(m): 9:06pm On Dec 24, 2013
Ogobara:

As somali are arabs how can they claim ancient Misr's history? Black Sudanese have more right to claim it than horn Africans! lol smiley

Images from: https://www.facebook.com/pages/True-Ancient-Egyptian/530419627030372?id=530419627030372&sk=photos_stream

I don't think that Arabs consider Somalis as Arabs bro
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Ogobara(m): 1:21am On Dec 25, 2013
Fulaman198:

I don't think that Arabs consider Somalis as Arabs bro
And you cares about how arabs and their arabized *** think about each others?
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Fulaman198(m): 3:18pm On Dec 25, 2013
Ogobara: And you cares about how arabs and their arabized *** think about each others?

I don't think you realise how poorly black Muslims are treated in Arab countries in the middle East. If you did, you wouldn't say such things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAc2Wr2Fio4&
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Ogobara(m): 7:46pm On Dec 25, 2013
Fulaman198:

I don't think you realise how poorly black Muslims are treated in Arab countries in the middle East. If you did, you wouldn't say such things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAc2Wr2Fio4&
why do they immigrate to live among people who hate them then? why ,don't they saty home and build their countries
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Fulaman198(m): 8:07pm On Dec 25, 2013
Ogobara:
why do they immigrate to live among people who hate them then? why ,don't they saty home and build their countries

Same reason why their fellow African brothers and sisters go to United States, France, U.K. where they face the exact same thing.
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Ogobara(m): 9:42pm On Dec 25, 2013
Fulaman198:

Same reason why their fellow African brothers and sisters go to United States, France, U.K. where they face the exact same thing.
So they have not to complain about how they re treated then, as it's their own choice, White says: " if u don't like here u get the Bleep out!"
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Fulaman198(m): 10:35pm On Dec 25, 2013
Ogobara:
So they have not to complain about how they re treated then, as it's their own choice, White says: " if u don't like here u get the Bleep out!"

Lol, I am not one who likes to revenge, but when Arabs or Whites come to Africa, they are treated extremely well. Why are black people treated like crap everywhere in the world?
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by macof(m): 12:18am On Dec 26, 2013
Fulaman198:

Lol, I am not one who likes to revenge, but when Arabs or Whites come to Africa, they are treated extremely well. Why are black people treated like crap everywhere in the world?

Because most Africans take all they dish out. Such people don't value themselves and mostly wish to reject and throw away their identity and ancestral ties for Arab and Caucasian things

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Ogobara(m): 12:42am On Dec 26, 2013
Fulaman198:

And you consider these people as "Black"? or is that Fulas care about how arabs treat their abids ;and are you obliged to treat white well in your land? then acknowledge that I just cares for my race or my area: Western Africa.
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 12:46am On Dec 26, 2013
Ogobara:

As somali are arabs how can they claim ancient Misr's history? Black Sudanese have more right to claim it than horn Africans! lol smiley

Images from: https://www.facebook.com/pages/True-Ancient-Egyptian/530419627030372?id=530419627030372&sk=photos_stream

What sane mind can categorize us as Arab? If you care to explain yourself, I would actually be interested in listening to what you have to say. We have a distinct culture, language, phenotype etc, none of it having anything to do with Arabia. Are you referring to religion perhaps

1 Like

Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Ogobara(m): 2:01am On Dec 26, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

What sane mind can categorize us as Arab? If you care to explain yourself, I would actually be interested in listening to what you have to say. We have a distinct culture, language, phenotype etc, none of it having anything to do with Arabia. Are you referring to religion perhaps
what? isn't it what ur own people admit?
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Fulaman198(m): 2:20am On Dec 26, 2013
Ogobara:
And you consider these people as "Black"? or is that Fulas care about how arabs treat their abids ;and are you obliged to treat white well in your land? then acknowledge that I just cares for my race or my area: Western Africa.

You are misinterpreting things. Arabs treat black Muslims bad, that includes Fulani, Hausa, Tuaregs, Somalis, Mandinka (Mande), Songhai (Zarma), Kanuri, Tubu, and other black Muslim groups. Most of the black people killed in Libya have been Fulani, Tuareg or Hausa. I don't know what you mean by your statement.
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 3:57am On Dec 26, 2013
Ogobara: what? isn't it what ur own people admit?

lipsrsealed You're being serious?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 28, 2013
Why's Somalia a member of the Arab League, tho? I've never been able to understand that.
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by RandomAfricanAm: 11:35pm On Dec 28, 2013
Radoillo II: Why's Somalia a member of the Arab League, tho? I've never been able to understand that.
Some of them don't understand it either...
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/somalia/TRLDRRT76J9KL3GCQ
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Ogobara(m): 12:33am On Dec 30, 2013
Radoillo II: Why's Somalia a member of the Arab League, tho? I've never been able to understand that.
why do u care about that? these people have always been influenced by arabian/ had more in common with araba than Africans
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by AmunRaOlodumare: 1:29am On Dec 30, 2013
"Any characterization of race of the ancient Egyptians depends on modern cultural definitions, not on scientific study. Thus, by modern American standards it is reasonable to characterize the Egyptians as "blacks", while acknowledging the scientific evidence for the physical diversity of Africans.” - Oxford Encyclopedia of Ancient Egypt (2001)
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by RandomAfricanAm: 1:40am On Dec 30, 2013
AmunRaOlodumare:
"Any characterization of race of the ancient Egyptians depends on modern cultural definitions, not on scientific study. Thus, by modern American standards it is reasonable to characterize the Egyptians as "blacks", while acknowledging the scientific evidence for the physical diversity of Africans.” - Oxford Encyclopedia of Ancient Egypt (2001)

Ejection from the Sahara: Eastward
To the east they gathered around the Nile valley

"The evidence also points to linkages to
other northeast African peoples, not
coincidentally approximating the modern
range of languages closely related to
Egyptian in the Afro-Asiatic group
(formerly called Hamito-Semetic). These
linguistic similarities place ancient
Egyptian in a close relationship with
languages spoken today as far west as
Chad, and as far south as Somalia.
Archaeological evidence also strongly
supports an African origin.
A widespread
northeastern African cultural assemblage,
including distinctive multiple barbed
harpoons and pottery decorated with
dotted wavy line patterns, appears during
the early Neolithic (also known as the
Aqualithic, a reference to the mild
climate of the Sahara at this time).
Saharan and Sudanese rock art from this
time resembles early Egyptian
iconography. Strong connections
between Nubian (Sudanese) and
Egyptian material culture continue in
later Neolithic Badarian culture of Upper
Egypt.
Similarities include black-topped
wares, vessels with characteristic
ripple-burnished surfaces, a special
tulip-shaped vessel with incised and
white-filled decoration, palettes, and
harpoons...

Other ancient Egyptian practices show
strong similarities to modern African
cultures including divine kingship, the
use of headrests, body art, circumcision,
and male coming-of-age rituals, all
suggesting an African substratum or
foundation for Egyptian civilization

Source: Donald Redford (2001) The
Oxford encyclopedia of ancient Egypt,
Volume 3. Oxford University Press. p.

When the Arabian peninsula was Northeast Africa
https://www.nairaland.com/1530367/when-arabian-peninsula-northeast-africa
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Ogobara(m): 1:42am On Dec 30, 2013
just fake argument! a lot of people (non-africans) are so obsess with ancient Misr's history while there are plenty of on the continent! grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Ogobara(m): 11:53pm On Dec 30, 2013
undecided; why the obsession?

Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Horus(m): 2:32pm On Nov 15, 2014

Ancient Egyptian

African today

Exactly the Same hairstyle

1 Like

Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by hmmph: 4:03am On Mar 03, 2016
Y'all are the opposite of intelligent I swear. Listen, West Africans and South Africans can just as much claim to have their origin in Egypt. Moors and Africans (Africans never referred to themselves as blacks) moved from region to region. What y'all don't understand is that there was no division until white ppl made divisions, Africa was just one huge landmass and the people in it moved from region to region. That is why there are common similarities among Africans, not just skin color but attributes as well. Europeans will never say that this people are different from this people unless they practice a different religion like you might hear a German saying that Jews are a different race or that Muslims in Saudi Arabia or Turkey for example are a different race but last I checked these people usually have blond hair, blue eyes and typical Caucasoid features. Why do you think the first or earliest ppl not just in Africa but on Earth, the Bantu (called so because of the Bantu language they speak) are everywhere in Africa? They are in the East, in the West, in Central but mostly in the East. White people can try to lay claim to Egypt all they want and they can laugh at black people all they want but the proof is right there. Also, seeing as this is a Nigerian forum, I will also add that some pyramids similar to those built in Egypt were found in ancient Igbo land in Nigeria and there is also another similar pyramid, the ancient pyramid of zinder in Niger. 1) pyramid in Igbo land 2) Pyramid of zinder

Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by hmmph: 4:13am On Mar 03, 2016
This in response to the person who claimed that Somalia is a member of the Arab league because they are closer to Arabs, that is a lie! Many Somalis hate Arabs and even the word itself. The fact that they are part of the Arab league is more because of a political move by one of their past leaders and that is all it was, a political move. Many Somalis will tell you that the move was / us a stupid one

1 Like

Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by RandomAfricanAm: 4:41am On Mar 03, 2016

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by curi00: 10:38pm On Mar 03, 2016
hmmph:
This in response to the person who claimed that Somalia is a member of the Arab league because they are closer to Arabs, that is a lie! Many Somalis hate Arabs and even the word itself. The fact that they are part of the Arab league is more because of a political move by one of their past leaders and that is all it was, a political move. Many Somalis will tell you that the move was / us a stupid one
Exactly ! Arab league exists only for political and economical reasons, even the Comoros are members of it
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Me77: 7:04pm On Jul 21, 2018
kikuyu1:
OP,if you really need to ask such a question in this day and age I doubt you'd even understand the answer. The implications would be overwhelming-do smth else less mentally taxing,anything to keep your mind asleep.
Although this post is not for me, but there's this strange thoughts I have out of nowhere about who are the real ancient Egyptian?. I have dig in every related material, videos, recorded audios, historian record, and most of all YouTube videos have been very helpful. Just like your advice stated, this whole findings have been overwhelming for me and it makes me very sad, and I mean very very sad indeed. Because I have come to realize they (the white man and Arabs) all know the truth, there are so many clearly written evidence, photos, and most of all the ancient buildings and statues all around Egypt to indicate who the ancient Egyptian are. But thy will never admit. And we the blacks don't care to know or even try to claim what is ours. ,
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Olu317(m): 8:58am On Aug 03, 2018
Me77:

Although this post is not for me, but there's this strange thoughts I have out of nowhere about who are the real ancient Egyptian?. I have dig in every related material, videos, recorded audios, historian record, and most of all YouTube videos have been very helpful. Just like your advice stated, this whole findings have been overwhelming for me and it makes me very sad, and I mean very very sad indeed. Because I have come to realize they (the white man and Arabs) all know the truth, there are so many clearly written evidence, photos, and most of all the ancient buildings and statues all around Egypt to indicate who the ancient Egyptian are. But thy will never admit. And we the blacks don't care to know or even try to claim what is ours. ,
The ancient Egyptians had a lot of different culture,which was borne out of the wealth of that nation thousands of years ago. People of Bantu ancesrry,Wolof,Sudanese,Ibos,Oromo-Ethiopians,Yorubas,Borgu and many Subsaharans people of West Africans once lived in Egypt and so also,Asians-both Semitic and south East ,once lived in Egypt,if one consider the different Pharaoh(Faroe or Fari)dynasties that ruled Egypt. The reality today is that the arabanised modern day Egyptians wouldn't admit this because of conquest by Assyrians-Hykos-Greeks culture. Around 671 B.C.E, Egypt suffered six invasion by foreigners, and which made Egypt culture became influenced by Greek's (Redford 2006Xiiii). Thus made many inhabitants of Egypt land of Nile to move donward through Sudan to West Africa.Again, in 1892,a historian known as Petrie,exhibited before the British association ,the third and fourth dynasty ,showing distinct Negroid characteristics.These Negroid head-skull were dolichocephalic or long skull. So also in 1899,tombs were examined in Nile Valley and it was discovered that it belonged to a Negroid race of Ethiopian ancestry.
The pointer to this is that Africans ,were people of different culture but fused as one in Egypt during civilization.Racial decriminalization became eminent, when some European historians around the 17th century used this word. It was only during the 19th century that this vague category was transformed in a quasi-scientific system of race and skin color relations. The term "Caucasian" is sometimes used as a synonym for "white" in its racial sense, and sometimes to refer to a larger racial category that includes white people among other groups.Before now,Israelis were not seen as white, the Germans hated for this.The Greek were not seen as white.The British ancestors were not seen as white,which made them fled the German land ,they once occupied etc.
Islam as a religion was used to dislodge the ancient Egyptians identity and once Islam took control of Egypt, their culture disappeared and almost became erased. Aramaic papyrus, pyramid,Biblical script-scroll and other archeological information were the source to reconstruct the ancient Black and other groups that connect their history to Pharaoh-Faroe-Fari of Egypt-Kemet-Amun-Nile.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Igbologun, Island Where Pregnant Women Must Not Go Into Labour At Midnight / Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB / Lady Shares What She Did When Charms Were Sent To Her While Visiting Her Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.