Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians (36859 Views)

Were Hausas The Ancient Egyptians? / 12 Images Of Pharaohs That Prove Ancient Egyptians Were Black / Ramses, Cleopatra, Nefertiti: Original Egyptians Were Black? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 10, 2013
sh--t happens tho. undecided
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Fulaman198(m): 2:25pm On Oct 14, 2013

1 Like

Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 14, 2013
I remember this video.

Fulaman198:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XUPZokMb6A&

1 Like

Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 14, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ3P91g3-gI

who else could survive 100,000 of years in 120 degree heat in the shade, notice how thoese ancient africans , artefacts were looking at,,do you see OUR SKIN being exposed, but then notice everytime we see these imposter arabs,THERE CLOTHED FROM HEAD TO TOE, they cant expose ther skin,they would dye off from skin cancer, it proves that anything lighter than blue-black could not have survived in that type of heat from the ultra violent rays from the sun,they would have died off from skin cancer

[size=2pt]KAI! SEE TYPOS! grin[/size]
GBAM! and that's just common sense!

Pharaoh Tutankhamun, as well as other Pharaohs, was indeed indigenous Black African. Now saying that without any facts is just plain silly. So:
1. Go to DNAtribes. com
2. Navigate to the rightmost link entitled, 'Digest Articles'
3. Scroll down the page to the article entitled, 'DNA Tribes Digest for January 1, 2012: Last of the Amarna Pharaohs: King Tut and His Relatives"
4. Go and make yourself a lovely cup of tea or coffee
Feel free in attempting to dispute the evidence presented

grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 14, 2013
What I like about the cushitic Egyptians/Nubians living today is that
although they identify as Arab (culturally) they actually ENCOURAGE
African American/Diasporan blacks to expose the lies of the Arabs and whites. cool cool

1 Like

Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 14, 2013
Even whites who expose the truth get banned from Egypt by Hawass grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSuT-Y4_8G0

yet this is the same man white supremacists will quote with his obviously hateful self. grin
why is that discovery a big deal? Simply because Dr. Fletcher claimed that Nefertiti wore
a Nubian wig which only women of prestige in that era wore...so if that were true, then it would
PROVE that Not only was Nefertiti of Nubian descent, but so was Akhenaten and King Tut thus African wink grin

Notice how the computer generated the image of Nefertiti grin
You know what white supremacists say? "That was not a Nefertiti! That was a boy! It's been proven, Hawass said so!" grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 14, 2013
I think he's just pissed she picked up in clues he overlooked.

Overlooked? More like ignored. tongue

I rarely resort to name-calling but for many reasons Zowee Halfass should be put on latrine duty and NEVER be allowed anywhere near anything that has to do with Archeology, History or anything intellectual whatsoever. He has set back Egyptian Archeology by 100 years at the least.

Yeah because he still has the mentality of folks who lived 100 years ago,
when the world was openly hateful toward anything "Black" >>> even the black Arabs themselves were like that.
Luckily some of them are realizing today that they were coons and even they are viewed as inferior.

Some of the descendants of Egypt call it a "Pagan" society and claim that Islam saved them from doom right?
So my question is this, if these Arabs told you it was a Paganistic society that should be forgotten as it countered the ways of Allah, then WHY are they fighting hard to claim it? grin grin

Think about that.

Can we say, PLAYED?? grin
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by macof(m): 10:35pm On Oct 15, 2013
I know Ancient Egypt and ancient Ife(Yoruba) shared alot. Either The Ifes migrated from Egypt or the other way round. Both either case it's one point to prove Ancient Egypt was black

The greeks during the Ptolemy period referred to the Egyptians as "Hoi Auigyptus" meaning Black people

The ancient Egyptians usually gave black colors to their human sculptures(these sculptures were called "dudu" which is black in Yoruba)
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 11:59pm On Oct 15, 2013
macof: I know Ancient Egypt and ancient Ife(Yoruba) shared alot. Either The Ifes migrated from Egypt or the other way round. Both either case it's one point to prove Ancient Egypt was black

The greeks during the Ptolemy period referred to the Egyptians as "Hoi Auigyptus" meaning Black people

The ancient Egyptians usually gave black colors to their human sculptures(these sculptures were called "dudu" which is black in Yoruba)

hmmm...do you have any artifacts, sources, or anything you can use to prove that?
you know like side by side comparisons (such as the ones we've done on this thread).
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by macof(m): 3:43am On Oct 16, 2013
*Kails*:

hmmm...do you have any artifacts, sources, or anything you can use to prove that?
you know like side by side comparisons (such as the ones we've done on this thread).
am sorry I can't post any of those now.

These are things I've read some months ago. You can search google and other mediums
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Horus(m): 11:40am On Oct 16, 2013

Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 19, 2013
We could argue this issue all day. The "Egyptians" of today speak Arabic and are Arabized. The ancient Egyptians weren't Arab even in the linguistic sense.They had their OWN language, which is now lost them. The whole dynamic of that geographical área has changed drastically and this can be understood by taking a glimpse at even modern history available to us.

I don't subscribe to this claiming of their heritage for this "race" or that. Whomever you are, you have no right to claim anything but that which you directly descend thereof. I really don't understand why this topic is hugely debated as it is.
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 19, 2013
Well, I guess its all about 'Black' Africans fighting the notion that they never created a major civilization.
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 19, 2013
Radoillo: Well, I guess its all about 'Black' Africans fighting the notion that they never created a major civilization.

But, there were minor and major civilizations had all throughout África. Undeniably.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Fulaman198(m): 9:06pm On Oct 19, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

But, there were minor and major civilizations had all throughout África. Undeniably.

Quoted for truth,

Songhai Empire, Edo Kingdom, Fulani empire from Senegal to Cameroon (there were several, the Tukulor empire, the Sokoto Caliphate, etc. etc.) There were several, it is just important for Africans to know their history. I just listed West African ones, but I'm sure there were many in North, East and South Africa as well. The Zulu were known as mighty warriors in South Africa.
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 19, 2013
Nothing as grand as Egypt... Some Africans still feel the need to have something that can stand beside, say, Ancient China, or Ancient Rome, without paling in significance. *shrug* I kind of understand that feeling....
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Fulaman198(m): 9:12pm On Oct 19, 2013
Radoillo: Nothing as grand as Egypt... Some Africans still feel the need to have something that can stand beside, say, Ancient China, or Ancient Rome, without paling in significance. *shrug* I kind of understand that feeling....

Yes Egyptians were true Africans most of them probably of Nubian origin. Although, Nubians like to declare they are black like that Mohamed Hofnay guy I linked, their brethren in the Horn countries do not want to be associated with black for the most part (only when it suits them smiley )
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 19, 2013
Radoillo: Nothing as grand as Egypt... Some Africans still feel the need to have something that can stand beside, say, Ancient China, or Ancient Rome, without paling in significance. *shrug* I kind of understand that feeling....

But that is a bit silly, I think. For instance, Ancient China should only be boasted by the Chinese, and Ancient Rome by the Italians. Why is it the rest Europe and Asia feel they can stand under that umbrella? If people would stick to their true respective backgrounds less people would feel the need to grab at straws and claim a heritage that does not belong to them in the least.

In truth, many "White" and "Asian" civilizations pale in comparison to the Ancient Chinese and Roman Empires.
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 19, 2013
[quote author=Fulaman198]

Yes Egyptians were true Africans most of them probably of Nubian origin. Although, Nubians like to declare they are black like that Mohamed Hofnay guy I linked, [b]their brethren in the Horn countries do not want to be associated with black for the most part (only when it suits them smiley )[/[/b]quote]

Don't be silly now...
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Fulaman198(m): 9:36pm On Oct 19, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

But that is a bit silly, I think. For instance, Ancient China should only be boasted by the Chinese, and Ancient Rome by the Italians. Why is it the rest Europe and Asia feel they can stand under that umbrella? If people would stick to their true respective backgrounds less people would feel the need to grab at straws and claim a heritage that does not belong to them in the least.

In truth, many "White" and "Asian" civilizations pale in comparison to the Ancient Chinese and Roman Empires.

Don't forget Mongolian empire under Genghis Khan (Mongolia and China are different), nothing rivals that.
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 19, 2013
Fulaman198:

Don't forget Mongolian empire under Genghis Khan (Mongolia and China are different), nothing rivals that.

Arguable. But I was just simplifying in order to get point across. Truly significant Ancient civilizations are not innumerable. I think it's silly to claim an civilization because you may have shared the same race. If I were Malaysian, I would not claim Ancient China on account of being "Asian". The notion is silly to me.
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 19, 2013
Would you like me to scream "I am BLACK". I have the right surrounding, living in a mountainous area and all.
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 19, 2013

Do you believe Ancient Egypt was Black?
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Fulaman198(m): 10:13pm On Oct 19, 2013
EnlightenedSoul: Would you like me to scream "I am BLACK". I have the right surrounding, living in a mountainous area and all.

No need Enlightened, If you are living in the United States, I don't want your neighbours calling the cops on you

1 Like

Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 19, 2013
Fulaman198:

No need Enlightened, If you are living in the United States, I don't want your neighbours calling the cops on you

Lol Racists aren't that easy to come by in my experience. If I actually did it, people would simply think I was strange. Now if I were to start wearing hijab and scream "I am Muslim" from a mountain top, that may result in anxious neighbors calling the cops.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Fulaman198(m): 10:49pm On Oct 19, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

Lol Racists aren't that easy to come by in my experience. If I actually did it, people would simply think I was strange. Now if I were to start wearing hijab and scream "I am Muslim" from a mountain top, that may result in anxious neighbors calling the cops.

And if they knew you were Somali they would through a finch. Sadly, discrimination in all forms exists in society today lol
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 19, 2013
Fulaman198:

And if they knew you were Somali they would through a finch. Sadly, discrimination in all forms exists in society today lol

Actually, most people in my neighborhood know we're Somali and have no problem. I've lived here almost all my life. We stand out on our street along with an Indian family though. Our city/state is largely White and devoid of too many immigrants except in some parts. It's really boring lol

I agree though, discrimination is rife in many forms across the world today.
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by PAPAAFRICA: 11:13pm On Oct 19, 2013
Axum was listed by someone along with Rome Persia and China as the greatest powers of his time. i cant remember who said it though.

EDIT: it was Mani.
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Bpriest(m): 4:39am On Oct 20, 2013
First pharaohs were black as charcoal, pure African. Then the Greek and Roman invasions, they mixed a lot and at that period most pharaohs were mixed, on his decline, ancient Egypt was mostly white dominated.hope I answered your question.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Ogobara(m): 5:31am On Oct 26, 2013
E-Engineer:
this question has been a controversial hot debate over the last century,
i would like to know ur opinions [ especially pple with proof], which race do u think the ancient egyptians belonged to, were they fully caucasian with a slave negroid element? were they fully negroid with a caucasian minority? or where they equally mixed?

when i say ancient egyptians, i dont mean the egyptians of 1500 years ago till today who were conquered by the arabs and have arabic blood in them, i also dont mean the egyptians of alexander the great's era [ the ptolemy's]
i mean the ancient kemetians who built the great pyramids and did all the wonderful things that attract tourists today, i mean those who started the civilization, just the same way the people who started the british empire and nations are of the caucasiod nordic race even though there are many mulattoes and blacks in UK
please Nlers give me answers

https://www.facebook.com/pages/True-Ancient-Egyptian/530419627030372?ref=notif&notif_t=page_new_likes

[/b]
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by MidiLaxoox: 11:49pm On Dec 22, 2013
As a Somali I believe that ancient egypt in its prime was a civilization that included Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans, and Nubians. They regarded the Land of Punt to be their land of origin, and the Land of Punt is Ethiopia , Eritrea and Northern Somalia ( Somalis never lived further south).

Hence the exact facial similarities between Somalis and Nubians, because Somalis once lived in that land, along with the other afro-Asiatic peoples.

Just giving my two cents.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Ogobara(m): 8:55pm On Dec 24, 2013
MidiLaxoox: As a Somali I believe that ancient egypt in its prime was a civilization that included Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans, and Nubians. They regarded the Land of Punt to be their land of origin, and the Land of Punt is Ethiopia , Eritrea and Northern Somalia ( Somalis never lived further south).

Hence the exact facial similarities between Somalis and Nubians, because Somalis once lived in that land, along with the other afro-Asiatic peoples.

Just giving my two cents.

As somali are arabs how can they claim ancient Misr's history? Black Sudanese have more right to claim it than horn Africans! lol smiley

Images from: https://www.facebook.com/pages/True-Ancient-Egyptian/530419627030372?id=530419627030372&sk=photos_stream

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Igbologun, Island Where Pregnant Women Must Not Go Into Labour At Midnight / Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB / Lady Shares What She Did When Charms Were Sent To Her While Visiting Her Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.