Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,818 members, 7,851,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:58 AM

How Long Should U Date A Guy/woman Before Getting Married To The Person? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Should U Date A Guy/woman Before Getting Married To The Person? (1930 Views)

How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? / How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? / What Would/should U Do If Ur Wife Or Girlfriend Insults U. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Should U Date A Guy/woman Before Getting Married To The Person? by 2nkechi: 3:04pm On May 23, 2012
abeg ooooo, how long should u date someone before u get married to the person.
Re: How Long Should U Date A Guy/woman Before Getting Married To The Person? by Goodyman(m): 4:00pm On May 23, 2012
There is no specific period of time to date someone you love before you get married. Whether it is six months, one year or even three years is immaterial. What is important is for both parties to study and understand yourselves before going into marriage. Marriage is a life-time affair, so one has to take time to study and fully understand your partner before going into marriage. Apart from this, one also need to go into serious prayers and ask God for guidance in choosing the right partner. Once you seek the face of the Lord on marriage issues, of course, He will direct you to make the right choice. Without seeking the face of the Lord, one may end up in choosing the wrong partner.
Re: How Long Should U Date A Guy/woman Before Getting Married To The Person? by greedie1(f): 4:36pm On May 23, 2012
@ goodyman, u knw some skip d courtship part nd jump straight to marriage, wats ur take on dat? I ask cz u emphasized on taking time to study ones partner, yet i knw of some peeps dat courted 4 as long as 7, 8 years, but their marriage didnt make it past its first year nd some dt met and got married within 3 months nd r stil living happily til date.

so my qus is, does d duration of the courtship affect d "longevity" of d marriage?
Re: How Long Should U Date A Guy/woman Before Getting Married To The Person? by Mynd44: 5:57pm On May 23, 2012
5 minutes
Re: How Long Should U Date A Guy/woman Before Getting Married To The Person? by slimyem: 6:22pm On May 23, 2012
you can't really peg a time to how long courtship should take....
Long courship doesnt guarantee successful marriage...neither does short courship spell disaster in marriage!
You should only get marriedwhen you feel you are ready to accept your partner for who he/she is....tolerate,sacrifice,trust,love and respect him or her FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIVES!
Re: How Long Should U Date A Guy/woman Before Getting Married To The Person? by greedie1(f): 7:16pm On May 23, 2012
slimyem: you can't really peg a time to how long courtship should take....
Long courship doesnt guarantee successful marriage...neither does short courship spell disaster in marriage!
You should only get marriedwhen you feel you are ready to accept your partner for who he/she is....tolerate,sacrifice,trust,love and respect him or her FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIVES!
dis i agree wit...its d inner conviction, not duration of courtship dt matters
Re: How Long Should U Date A Guy/woman Before Getting Married To The Person? by LaParisienne(f): 9:59pm On May 23, 2012
@OP
30 Years minimum
Re: How Long Should U Date A Guy/woman Before Getting Married To The Person? by Mynd44: 10:05pm On May 23, 2012
That sounds more like a prison sentence
Re: How Long Should U Date A Guy/woman Before Getting Married To The Person? by LaParisienne(f): 10:24pm On May 23, 2012
^^^In a maximum security penitentiary. Lol
Re: How Long Should U Date A Guy/woman Before Getting Married To The Person? by Exponental(m): 12:36pm On May 24, 2012
Neither courtship or marriage is time bound.
Enjoy ur relationship n seal with marriage wen u can.
Re: How Long Should U Date A Guy/woman Before Getting Married To The Person? by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 24, 2012
I met a lady at a shopping mall,wow...she is what you must call a damsel. I was so captivated and enthralled by her beauty that i proposed immediately. She agreed and within a week,we were married both legally and traditionally. We nyashed very well but divorced one month after.
Re: How Long Should U Date A Guy/woman Before Getting Married To The Person? by richy5(m): 1:51pm On May 24, 2012
Weneva You ready and feel okay for it....But No That Marriage Is not what You can rush into if you don't wanna regret T for the rest of ur lyf...Good day
Re: How Long Should U Date A Guy/woman Before Getting Married To The Person? by jarem(m): 10:09pm On May 24, 2012
@least 6mnths minimum....then pray n fast

(1) (Reply)

Anger / At 21 And Has No Girl Friend Good Or Bad? / I Dumped Her After 12 Yrs For Infidelity Now I'm Jealous Bc She's Engaged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.