Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,739 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Men Are Liars? Ladies Can You Handle The Truth? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men Are Liars? Ladies Can You Handle The Truth? (1061 Views)

Some Girls Are Liars And I Caught One Red-handed Today!! / How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? / How Will You Handle A Feud Between An Ex Boyfriend And A Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Are Liars? Ladies Can You Handle The Truth? by KevinII(m): 9:28pm On May 28, 2012
On the one hand girls complain that men lie. On the other hand they complain that men are 'brutally truthful'. I don't understand anymore...

Over the weekend I had a conversation with a friend of mine who broke up with her boyfriend. Why? "He was brutally honest", was her answer shocked shocked. She couldn't cope with his honesty. He saw spades and called them spades, and that "often hurt her emotions". Even here in NL, we've had peeps complaining that their boyfriends don't know how to be diplomatic (i.e lie). SMH

When you now want to take their emotions into consideration and lie to them (like the lady that just opened a thread about how her fiance is a liar and cheat) they still don't like it! No wonder they say you cannot please a woman!

So ladies, girls, women, etc, etc, what exactly do you want from us? Honesty or lies?
Re: Men Are Liars? Ladies Can You Handle The Truth? by ijebabe: 10:19pm On May 28, 2012
Please! What woman have complained about her man being 'brutally honest'? The problem is the way the message is delivered. I know the truth can be bitter but personally I would always want him to tell me the truth no matter what. Some men pride themselves in being straight forward and blunt which is good but if you know you are dating a sensitive girl then you have to be tactful and keep that ego in check. Only a stupid woman will break up with her boyfriend for being honest because at the end of the day its about the message. I would take the truth any day over lies! Except when I ask him to lie grin

1 Like

Re: Men Are Liars? Ladies Can You Handle The Truth? by slimyem: 10:26pm On May 28, 2012
lying is a deal-breaker for me anyday anytime...
I find out one lie and i stop trusting you!
I don't wanna understand your reasons for telling it!
Better remain mute than tell me a lie.
I'd embrace the cold-hard truth than i would a pitiful lie!
Women are different in their own ways and as such handle things differently...and in their own ways too...
Re: Men Are Liars? Ladies Can You Handle The Truth? by Mynd44: 10:40pm On May 28, 2012
I have never heard of a girl complaining that her BF is too truthful oooo. This is new to me
Re: Men Are Liars? Ladies Can You Handle The Truth? by KevinII(m): 10:58pm On May 28, 2012
ijebabe: Please! What woman have complained about her man being 'brutally honest'? The problem is the way the message is delivered. I know the truth can be bitter but personally I would always want him to tell me the truth no matter what. Some men pride themselves in being straight forward and blunt which is good but if you know you are dating a sensitive girl then you have to be tactful and keep that ego in check. Only a stupid woman will break up with her boyfriend for being honest because at the end of the day its about the message. I would take the truth any day over lies! Except when I ask him to lie grin

So in essence, he should sugarcoat the truth? That seems to be the suggestion of this friend of mine. Like "Kevin, am I getting fat". She's indeed getting very fat. But I'm expected to reply "No sweetheart, I like the fact that you're a tinnie bit more filled out than before grin grin grin. Which may be a 'tactful' reply but that definitely won't make her work at slimming down and I lose out at the end. See?

I do like that you can handle the truth sha, but I doubt you can do that ALWAYS. After a while you're likely to start complaining that he is not diplomatic grin, then we're back to square one
Re: Men Are Liars? Ladies Can You Handle The Truth? by KevinII(m): 11:06pm On May 28, 2012
slimyem: lying is a deal-breaker for me anyday anytime...
I find out one lie and i stop trusting you!
I don't wanna understand your reasons for telling it!
Better remain mute than tell me a lie.
I'd embrace the cold-hard truth than i would a pitiful lie!
Women are different in their own ways and as such handle things differently...and in their own ways too...

Iron lady! After a sustained period of hearing 'the cold hard truth', you'll begin to lose interest in the guy. Trust me. It is in the nature of girls to have their emotions massaged. Why do you think men lie? So they don't hurt these emotions. simple. It makes girls feel good about theemselves

Mynd_44: I have never heard of a girl complaining that her BF is too truthful oooo. This is new to me

I have seen you. You can now go and play with your pen1s (sorry sexkillz)
Re: Men Are Liars? Ladies Can You Handle The Truth? by Mynd44: 11:15pm On May 28, 2012
^
Now are you pleased with yourself?
Re: Men Are Liars? Ladies Can You Handle The Truth? by ijebabe: 3:34pm On May 29, 2012
Kevin_II:

So in essence, he should sugarcoat the truth? That seems to be the suggestion of this friend of mine. Like "Kevin, am I getting fat". She's indeed getting very fat. But I'm expected to reply "No sweetheart, I like the fact that you're a tinnie bit more filled out than before grin grin grin. Which may be a 'tactful' reply but that definitely won't make her work at slimming down and I lose out at the end. See?

I do like that you can handle the truth sha, but I doubt you can do that ALWAYS. After a while you're likely to start complaining that he is not diplomatic grin, then we're back to square one
I didn't mean for him to sugarcoat (although nothing so wrong with that depending on the situation) but the choice of words, body language and the tone used will go a long way in sending the message across more effectively. Rather than being too blunt or harsh, c'mon i mean this is the woman you say you love can't the guy afford to be polite? I don't support a lie, if the guy thinks she's getting fat then his response shud be like 'actually now that you mentioned it, i did notice that you have put on a lil weight since but didn't or forgot to bring it up. Is that so hard? Men know weight is a sensitive issue for women (no matter how illogical it seems) so he shud be tactful. Being tact doesn't mean lying.

(1) (Reply)

What Can I Just Do? / Why Am I So Attracted To Women Who Wear Suits? / Why Love Is Important For Sutainable Relationship And Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.