Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,433 members, 7,954,723 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:56 AM

Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? (46219 Views)

Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? / Picture Of Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti & Beko Ransome-Kuti / Funmilayo Ransome Kuti - Nigeria's Wonder Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Alumnus: 4:12pm On May 31, 2012
alj harem: 1898 The name Nigeria was given by Mrs. Flora Shaw (Lady Lordlugard)
Nigeria is the populated country in African continent
Nigeria’s population is a mix of over two hundred fifty (250) tribes and former three (3) regions of the East, West and North. The three regions has total of 923, 768,000 square kilometers.
Nigeria borders are: Atlantic Ocean on the South, Cameroon on the East, Niger Republic on the North, and Benin republic of West.
First Islamic School Started in Borno State

1859 First Secondary school in Nigeria CMS (Grammar School Lagos)

1860 First Newspaper Published ( Iwe Iroyin)

1859 First Nigeria Hospital was built at Abeokuta (Sacred Heard Hospital)

1922 First Political party establish (NNPP) by Herbert Macaulay

1925 First Aeroplane landed at Kano

1959 First Television station WMTV in Ibadan and now known as NTA

1982 First Nigerian Woman Pilot: Mrs. Chinyere Onyemaucheya
First Nigerian Woman to drive car: Mrs. Funmilayo Kuti
First Nigerian Woman to buy a car: Efuroye Tinubu
First Nigerian Woman Major: Ronke kale
First Nigerian Female Vice Chancellor: Professor Grace Alele Williams
First Nigerian to speak foreign language: Oba Esigie of Benin
First Nigerian chief judged: Ademola Adetokubo
Some of these claims are highly debateable, how can someone claim that the first to speak a foreign language is an OBA of Benin? What of those Hausas that were in contact with the Arabs before Nigeria was formed, were they not speaking Arabic? Some of these things could be like the case of crediting an invention to the person that first collects the Patent Right.

2 Likes

Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by timmy1999(m): 4:13pm On May 31, 2012
afam4eva: Whoever gave this woman that title couldn't have been right you know. How did they know that someone did not drive a car before her and was not captured. I can understand that of the first woman to fly a plane because planes were very few in the country at that time and people would definitely notice if one flew a plane. Especially if it's a woman.

Go ask mama fela for grave..she go answer u
Some dumb topic like dis will make headline..while my topic is ignored
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by coogar: 4:16pm On May 31, 2012
afam4eva: Whoever gave this woman that title couldn't have been right you know. How did they know that someone did not drive a car before her and was not captured. I can understand that of the first woman to fly a plane because planes were very few in the country at that time and people would definitely notice if one flew a plane. Especially if it's a woman.

except that if her name was onyeka nnamani, history would have been right.
you're just a bigoted cunt looking for another cheap way to start your
usual tribal jousting to get your [i]o[/i]rgasms.

she's the first woman to drive a car in nigeria. that was well documented
in her biography. she was one of the few nigerians that studied abroad
between age 19-22. how many cars were in naija in the 30s, 40s, 50s?
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 31, 2012

It's also on record that oju-iku's father was the first millionaire in Nigeria,can we as well say their could possibly be some millionaires in faraway villages or towns that have more money than senior oju-iku ? Typical okoro always trying to re-write history especially when it didnt favour them.
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by jiemoour: 4:18pm On May 31, 2012
People will soon turn this into another tribal war. SMH[img]http://www.keyforex.info/hardware.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 31, 2012
jiemoour: People will soon turn this into another tribal war. SMH[img]http://www.keyforex.info/hardware.gif[/img]

The topic was a useless one in the first instance.There are many bullshits on record supposedly claimed to have been firstly done by ibos,do you see yoruba disputing them except for the fraudulent emeagwali that I still doubt though ?
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by brabus(m): 4:22pm On May 31, 2012
Sagamite: Who gives a shyt!

What is so special about being the first to drive a car.

All these useless, moronic "records" we Africans, especially Nigerians, like to brandish about.

Yeah, I was the first from Sagamu to drink McDonald milkshake. WOOHOO!

McDonald milkshake abi 'Alomo Bitters'. Useless thread!
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by stupor(m): 4:23pm On May 31, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

I think she was and how will a poor woman in a remote village get access to car let alone driving it

IF THERE WAS ANY WOMAN THAT DID DRIVE IN A REMOTE VILLAGE AS AT THEN SHE MUST STOLEN IT.
WE TALKING ABOUT HOMOGENOUS FACT:FACTS THAT ARE GENERIC AND WHOLLY ACCEPTABLE BY ALL IRRESPECTIVE OF GEOGRAPHICAL BOUNDARIES OR PROXITY
EXAMPLE:
ASK A JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENT TO MENTION THE MOBILE TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMPANY IN THE COUNTRY,AND I CAN BET YOU,BOTH YOU AND HIM WILL GIVE SIMILAR RESPONSES.
THAT'S HOMOGENOUS FACT OF DATA AND STATISCAL CAPTURING.
BEFORE AND AFTER I EVER STARTED SCHOOLING,MRS RANSOME KUTI HAS BEEN AND IS STILL AN EXAMINATION GENERAL KNOWLEDGE QUESTION THAT I HAD NEVER FAILED.
SO PLEASE IT AS A KNOWN AND FACTUAL HISTORICAL FACT THAT CHIEF MRS RANSOME KUTI DROVE ELIGIBLY THE FIRST CAR JUST AS CHIOMA AJUNWA TOOK THE FIRST FEMALE AND OLYMPIC NIGERIAN GOLD DESPITE THE FACT THAT WE HAD OUR FOOTBALL TEAM WHO WON GOLD TOO !
THANKS FOR SHARING.
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by ezotik: 4:24pm On May 31, 2012
oba esigie was not a nigerian.
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Afam4eva(m): 4:25pm On May 31, 2012
~Bluetooth:

It's also on record that oju-iku's father was the first millionaire in Nigeria,can we as well say their could possibly be some millionaires in faraway villages or towns that have more money than senior oju-iku ? Typical okoro always trying to re-write history especially when it didnt favour them.
You could know if someone was the first Nigerian millionaire at that time except the person is making his millions inside the forest.

1 Like

Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 31, 2012
brabus:

McDonald milkshake abi 'Alomo Bitters'. Useless thread!

Lets go there. . .where are my derailing crew ? grin

ibos are first in kidnapping.- osisikanku
first in 419 - fred Ajuda
first in cannibalism - clifford orji

I hope Afam is cool with this. cheesy Ok na oju-iku mama first drive car.thread close ! grin

1 Like

Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 31, 2012
afam4eva:
You could know if someone was the first Nigerian millionaire at that time except the person is making his millions inside the forest.

funny you but you just told us that someone from the village or town may also own a car ? This thread must go ugly. grin
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Luvlydevin(m): 4:29pm On May 31, 2012
My grandmother was d first woman to drive a car in nigeria
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by talktrue1(m): 4:30pm On May 31, 2012
Is she the first Nigerian or the first Nigerian Woman?
Need clarification
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Afam4eva(m): 4:33pm On May 31, 2012
talk true: Is she the first Nigerian or the first Nigerian Woman?
Need clarification
First Nigerian woman.
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 31, 2012
afam4eva:
Your Joblessness must be at it's peak since you poured all these on a thread created by a jobless person. Go and bury your d1ck in a sand. Fvcktard.

hahahaha...i am indeed jobless! who says fvctard? illiterate! I can bury my d1ck in your moms pie hole though...while you watch, sure she would like that.

1 Like

Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 31, 2012
Luvly devin: My grandmother was d first woman to drive a car in nigeria

My great great grandma was the first woman to get a driver's license. grin grin
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Afam4eva(m): 4:37pm On May 31, 2012
engineerd:

hahahaha...i am indeed jobless! who says fvctard? illiterate!
Are you typing with your d1ck still inside the sand?
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by badesco(m): 4:38pm On May 31, 2012
The Nigerian history captured her as the first woman, so no argument
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 31, 2012
afam4eva:
Are you typing with your d1ck inside the sand?

like i said, i am typing with my d1ck in your mothers pie hole...and you are watching!

1 Like

Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 31, 2012
alj harem: 1898 The name Nigeria was given by Mrs. Flora Shaw (Lady Lordlugard)
Nigeria is the populated country in African continent
Nigeria’s population is a mix of over two hundred fifty (250) tribes and former three (3) regions of the East, West and North. The three regions has total of 923, 768,000 square kilometers.
Nigeria borders are: Atlantic Ocean on the South, Cameroon on the East, Niger Republic on the North, and Benin republic of West.
First Islamic School Started in Borno State

1859 First Secondary school in Nigeria CMS (Grammar School Lagos)

1860 First Newspaper Published ( Iwe Iroyin)

1859 First Nigeria Hospital was built at Abeokuta (Sacred Heard Hospital)

1922 First Political party establish (NNPP) by Herbert Macaulay

1925 First Aeroplane landed at Kano

1959 First Television station WMTV in Ibadan and now known as NTA

1982 First Nigerian Woman Pilot: Mrs. Chinyere Onyemaucheya
First Nigerian Woman to drive car: Mrs. Funmilayo Kuti
First Nigerian Woman to buy a car: Efuroye Tinubu
First Nigerian Woman Major: R sadonke kale
First Nigerian Female Vice Chancellor: Professor Grace Alele Williams
First Nigerian to speak foreign language: Oba Esigie of Benin
First Nigerian chief judged: Ademola Adetokubo

The old western region was the first in everything in Nigeria.. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

This generation should bury their heads in shame.
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 31, 2012
afam4eva:
Are you typing with your d1ck still inside the sand?

This is what happens when you have an OKORO with a computer! butty sniffing ape!
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Afam4eva(m): 4:40pm On May 31, 2012
engineerd:

like i said, i am typing with my d1ck in your mothers pie hole...and you are watching!
Look at her face again...it's your mother. Modafvcker.

1 Like

Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 31, 2012
badesco: The Nigerian history captured her as the first woman, so no argument

Somebody is just hating ni jare grin .
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by coogar: 4:42pm On May 31, 2012
shymmex:

The old western region was the first in everything in Nigeria.. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

This generation should bury their heads in shame.

because british ships berthed in lagos and the old
western region had more interactions with foreigners
than any other part of nigeria. the first tv station
in africa was in ibadan. the old western region was that
d[i]o[/i]pe!
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Afam4eva(m): 4:44pm On May 31, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Somebody is just hating ni jare grin .
I'm not hating. I like the Kuti family for their immense contribution to the social life in Nigeria. Why will i wanna hate on her.
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 31, 2012
coogar:

because british ships berthed in lagos and the old
western region had more interactions with foreigners
than any other part of nigeria. the first tv station
in africa was in ibadan. the old western region was that
d[i]o[/i]pe!

The question is ''where were those other regions then'' ? Were they in cameroon ?
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 31, 2012
coogar:

except that if her name was onyeka nnamani, history would have been right.
you're just a bigoted cunt looking for another cheap way to start your
usual tribal jousting to get your [i]o[/i]rgasms.

she's the first woman to drive a car in nigeria. that was well documented
in her biography. she was one of the few nigerians that studied abroad
between age 19-22. how many cars were in naija in the 30s, 40s, 50s?

Don't mind the OKORO idiot!
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by queensmith: 4:47pm On May 31, 2012
I think its a very odd thing to make a legacy of.
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 31, 2012
afam4eva:
I'm not hating. I like the Kuti family for their immense contribution to the social life in Nigeria. Why will i wanna hate on her.

If it's on record that she is the first nigerian woman to drive,why doubt it ? Mind you,she's one of those active women during her time and her courage to lead the Aba women riot during the colonial era shows that she was not some village woman.
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 31, 2012
~Bluetooth:

The question is ''where were those other regions then'' ? Were they in cameroon ?

You mean the "talking Monkey" region AKA OKORO region?
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by tellwisdom: 4:51pm On May 31, 2012
I cease to believe she's the first--Sheby na person wey dem see, dem give. Person wey dem no see nko?

Naija tins no dey clear me fr eyes undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

13 Famous Proverbs Of MKO Abiola / Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed / Army Currently Repelling Attack By Boko Haram Insurgents In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.