Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,159 members, 7,953,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:17 PM

Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? (46188 Views)

Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? / Picture Of Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti & Beko Ransome-Kuti / Funmilayo Ransome Kuti - Nigeria's Wonder Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 31, 2012
queensmith:

More like ill advised nation!

Daring to be different and doing as you wished especially if you were a woman in 1920s Nigeria is a helluva mean feat.
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Afam4eva(m): 5:35pm On May 31, 2012
lagcity: I get the OP's point. But as long as nobody else from the "village" comes forward with facts, Funmi Kuti remains the first. Shikena!
I know she has that title since no one ever came out to claim it.

lagcity:
Oh BTW, Mungo Park didn't discover sh1t!
Mungo Park belongs to the league of Christopher Columbus who went to someone's house and said he discovered it.
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by duni04(m): 5:40pm On May 31, 2012
afam4eva: I can understand that of the first woman to fly a plane because planes were very few in the country at that time and people would definitely notice if one flew a plane. Especially if it's a woman.
Can't believe it was only me that noticed this. This okoro is saying it would have been easier to notice a woman flying a plane than driving a car! Incredible. Maybe people then would have used 'African aeroplane to check who was flying the plane. Stupid okoro!

]
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 31, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Dede is the most tribalistic okoro I have ever seen.He knows it !

I think Grandpa Dede needs to emulate the intelligent Grandpa Eziachi IMHO... grin grin grin

Pa Eziachi is the most intelligent, and knowledgeable NLer despite being proud of his tribe.
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by queensmith: 5:44pm On May 31, 2012
naijababe:

Daring to be different and doing as you wished especially if you were a woman in 1920s Nigeria is a helluva mean feat.

Erm, how does she represent every woman in Nigeria considering they were bastardly rich??

She drove a car for Christ sake she didn't launch a rocket into space, how about the first female palmwine tapper?? That will have been different!! Gimme those fun facts!

Please we are just glorifying nonsense and the nonsense individuals.

First woman to drive a car you know the more I hear it the more ridiculous it sounds.
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 31, 2012
To all those trying to critique this achievement and calling it irrelevant..

Question for you guys:

Who was the first man to land on the moon?? I know you guys would be quick to answer that. grin

Like going to the moon is an achievement smh (that's if those clowns ever got near the damn thing)..

Pessimistic and low self-esteem having Nigerians.. cool

I'm out, yo..

R.I.P Mama, you're an Icon with a capital I. cool
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by duni04(m): 5:53pm On May 31, 2012
queensmith:

Erm, how does she represent every woman in Nigeria considering they were bastardly rich??

She drove a car for Christ sake she didn't launch a rocket into space, how about the first female palmwine tapper?? That will have been different!! Gimme those fun facts!

Please we are just glorifying nonsense and the nonsense individuals.

First woman to drive a car you know the more I hear it the more ridiculous it sounds.
Very stupid comment coming from a woman. Go ask the women of Saudi Arabia, who till today, are not allowed to drive, what driving a car means. You must be an okoro woman. Fumilayo ransome kuti paved the way for other Nigerian women, including okoro women, to brave the odds and do something that was hitherto the exclusive regard of men. Shame on u Okoro!
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Nobody: 5:57pm On May 31, 2012
shymmex:

I think Grandpa Dede needs to emulate the intelligent Grandpa Eziachi IMHO... grin grin grin

Pa Eziachi is the most intelligent, and knowledgeable NLer despite being proud of his tribe.

Dede cannot change,it's like tellin a leopard to change its color.He modernized tribalism with his skills of writing. grin Just one sentence from him surpasses the entire madness of defunct mekuxxx.
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by amosy007: 5:59pm On May 31, 2012
yep first female driver in nigeria
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Dede1(m): 6:02pm On May 31, 2012
shymmex: @ Dede1

Grandpa, why do you have so much hate in your heart?? *No pun intended*

You are one imbecilic gull. Even a noted praise singer such as you could not offer the date Mrs. funmilayo ransome kuti drove the car, the motorcycle or the model of car and motorcycle. Was the car she drove a morris minor, vauxhall, VW beatle, humber, zepher, opel reckord or midget? Was the motorcycle she rode a triumph, motoguzzi, mobilate, Norton or Indian?
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 31, 2012
e be like say some nairalanders no get something to do with their time. mcheew! wetin consign u if na she be first or last dat one go put food for ur table? see blind argument o.
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by queensmith: 6:04pm On May 31, 2012
She paved the way?? Did she build the car? Why do we celebrate mediocrity like this?
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 31, 2012
shymmex: @ Dede1

Grandpa, why do you have so much hate in your heart?? *No pun intended*

Great grandpapa, you mean?

You never seen old old men bitterly waving their cane in a harmful manner?
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 31, 2012
Dede1:

You are one imbecilic gull. Even a noted praise singer such as you could not offer the date Mrs. funmilayo ransome kuti drove the car, the motorcycle or the model of car and motorcycle. Was the car she drove a morris minor, vauxhall, VW beatle, humber, zepher, opel reckord or midget? Was the motorcycle she rode a triumph, motoguzzi, mobilate, Norton or Indian?

Offical record says she is the first,why doubting it or do you intend to take us back to 1920 so we can know if it was a chrysler or crosstour ?
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 31, 2012
ekwah: e be like say some nairalanders no get something to do with their time. mcheew! wetin consign u if na she be first or last dat one go put food for ur table? see blind argument o.

over to afam. You don chop ? grin
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 31, 2012
Dede1:

I had to return and pay homage to you, sir..

I don't understand colonial and shakespearean 'Engrish' - but I'll dissect your post, the best way I can..

Why do you care about the date, sir?? She drove a car when women were regarded as being inferior to men - that itself is something every modern human specie should be proud of..

I'll let it slide because you're 'old skool', and in your days - women were full housewives.. cool
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Dede1(m): 6:10pm On May 31, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Dede cannot change,it's like tellin a leopard to change its color.He modernized tribalism with his skills of writing. grin Just one sentence from him surpasses the entire madness of defunct mekuxxx.

I have a measured respect for Mrs. funmilayo ransome kuti but can not stand moronic assertions by praise-singers who take people for granted. If tribalism is art of telling the truth without fear or favor, I had worn it as a badge of honor. It is even ridiculous that some of the dimwitted praise singers could not be able to write that Mrs. funmilayo ransome kuti was a co-founder of certain things attributed to her.
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Nobody: 6:12pm On May 31, 2012
It isn't really about the car but the barrier she broke...

Did white people invent language?? Hell No!!

How come they're so proud of the language they speak?

She didn't make the car but she was the first to drive it, and break barriers..

That's the most important thing. cool

1 Like

Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 31, 2012
Dede1:

I have a measured respect for Mrs. funmilayo ransome kuti but can not stand moronic assertions by praise-singers who take people for granted. If tribalism is art of telling the truth with fear or favor, I had worn it as a badge of honor. It is even ridiculous that some of the dimwitted praise singers could not be write that Mrs. funmilayo ransome kuti was a co-founder of certain things attributed to her.

It was not an assertion but official and I'm sure such honour would be in National archive.Why not do your research before saying she's not the first.Perhaps you may want to intimate me on who you think was the first woman to drive a car but if you cant,kuti remains the first !
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by duni04(m): 6:15pm On May 31, 2012
queensmith:

She paved the way?? Did she build the car? Why do we celebrate mediocrity like this?
No point going further, don't think you're enlightened enough to know the enormity of what she did. Sad thing is you're a woman. Hate to think all women are as 'smart' as you.
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Nobody: 6:16pm On May 31, 2012
Dede1:
I have a measured respect for Mrs. funmilayo ransome kuti but can not stand moronic assertions by praise-singers who take people for granted. If tribalism is art of telling the truth with fear or favor, I had worn it as a badge of honor. It is even ridiculous that some of the dimwitted praise singers could not be write that Mrs. funmilayo ransome kuti was a co-founder of certain things attributed to her.

It isn't about tribalism, grandpa - it's about your anger towards everything that's not from your part of the country..

It's just the same pattern of comments with you every day on NL...

Your post pattern since you posted your first comment in 2009 - to date - has never changed, sir...

Are you sure you're humanoid, or a computerised clone?? grin grin grin grin
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 31, 2012
shymmex:

It isn't about tribalism, grandpa - it's about your anger towards everything that's not from your part of the country..

Your post pattern since you posted your first comment in 2009 - to date - has never changed, sir...

He's a neanderthal . grin grin
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Dede1(m): 6:25pm On May 31, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Offical record says she is the first,why doubting it or do you intend to take us back to 1920 so we can know if it was a chrysler or crosstour ?

I do not blame you because of the silly country called Nigeria. You simply can not feign lack of knowledge when you make statement of fact. What is official about a claim that has no date? If she was the first woman to drive a car, the date and model of the car she drove must go along with the alleged record. By the way around 1920, Mrs. funmilayo ransome kuti was still a pupil of Abeokuta Grammar School.
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by KINGwax(m): 6:25pm On May 31, 2012
ndu_chucks: This woman was known as the First Nigerian woman to drive a car and also the First Nigerian woman to ride a motorcycle. The number of cars and motorcycles present in Nigeria and their locations were known to the authorities, hence no one has been able to dispute the claim.

People will soon turn this into another tribal war. SMH
thanks oh wise one. Come to think of this, 'why wld they alwys turn tribal every minute?' she was d first to own a nursery and primary school in nigeria too. The first woman to own and side a car and a motocycle! Whau.s all ds fucck for?
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Pakavy(m): 6:27pm On May 31, 2012
Aigbofa:

Internet revisionists at work again! How many cars were there in Nigeria at that time?

Small time now we go hear say one woman dey drive corvette at that time for Onitsha.
but na which kind car nah?vw igala,peugeout 404,benz grasshopper or ford morris?
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Pakavy(m): 6:30pm On May 31, 2012
Dede1:

I do not blame you because of the silly country called Nigeria. You simply can not feign lack of knowledge when you make statement of fact. What is official about a claim that has no date? If she was the first woman to drive a car, the date and model of the car she drove must go along with the alleged record. By the way around 1920, Mrs. funmilayo ransome kuti was still a pupil of Abeokuta Grammar School.
1920?!this thread pass my power.make i go d 80's section go mit my peers
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Pinoralia: 6:31pm On May 31, 2012
Whether a woman had driven a car before or not, in as much the person was not known to the public (if at all there is). Fela's mother is the first female then. Neil Amstrong was said to be the first man to land on the moon, what make you think one of the astronauts group who had embarked on the trip that never returned to the Earth made it to the moon and some thing happened on their way back the Earth. in as much nobody noticed it, the credit goes to whoever did it and ppl noticed. Shikena!!!
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Rhino5dm: 6:35pm On May 31, 2012
Ibo bigots at their best trying to pull down a south westner. Fucktards.

afam4eva:
There were few cars then but don't you think that in one remote village or town, a woman could have driven a car even if she was been thought how to drive.

Dede1:

Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Dede1(m): 6:37pm On May 31, 2012
shymmex:

Even if she was the first woman to ride a horse in Nigeria, the horse should have been given a name talk less of car. With ethnocentric praise singers such as you, I would not be surprise if the horse was named “Abeokuta Express”. I am not surprised that this is one of the series of hot air which blows from Oduduwa land. I have not forgotten that Oduduwa fell from heaven.
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by bittyend(m): 6:40pm On May 31, 2012

Nwanne, see car oooo.. shocked shocked
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 31, 2012
Dede1:

The only thing that is killing you is that the said person happens to be a yoruba and nothing else to gain from your usual smooth talk.Was it also on record that oju-iku's father was the first millionaire in Nigeria ? shocked shocked
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by bittyend(m): 6:44pm On May 31, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Check Out This Campaign Monster Truck Of The PDP [Pics] / Akume Gave Sehu Sani Fish Over The Death Of His Mother / Peter Obi Arrives In Kano- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.