Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,833 members, 7,956,150 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:46 AM

Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? (46252 Views)

Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? / Picture Of Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti & Beko Ransome-Kuti / Funmilayo Ransome Kuti - Nigeria's Wonder Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by mandhi(m): 3:05am On Dec 06, 2015
Afam4eva:
Whoever gave this woman that title couldn't have been right you know. How did they know that someone did not drive a car before her and was not captured. I can understand that of the first woman to fly a plane because planes were very few in the country at that time and people would definitely notice if one flew a plane. Especially if it's a woman.

http://nnn.com.ng/?page_id=315

[img]http://3.bp..com/_bDcpR_wJ7hk/S4KoJutYtaI/AAAAAAAADJA/a5bZAoF8IjE/s400/funmilayo+kuti2.jpg[/img]
I think mainly because she is the only one then to drive it to a public building, place or ministry. And trust it would make a resounding awe for men I'm those public, place, office and ministry. Considering not all men in those places could drive, even the older once. Not like our modern day where even a 9 year might know how to drive.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Savagely Replies Follower Who Asked How He Funds His Travels / Governor Hope Uzodinma, His Wife, Chioma & Children In Adorable Family Picture / Infrastructural Development In Kano (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.