Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,467 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

"Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland (10500 Views)

Why Do You Follow The Nairalander(s) You Are Following? / Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) / Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Afam4eva(m): 12:48pm On Jun 01, 2012
4llerbuntu:

does following on twitter give the follower instant access to your email address?

pls not everyone on NL is a teenager. E-mail addresses are very vital to working class people, and not everyone maintains multiple email accounts.
Dude, stop talking like an illiterate. Following people does not give people access to your email address rather it enables people to be able to contact you without seeing your email. It's now your choice to choose whom to follow.

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Yorisb: 12:56pm On Jun 01, 2012
bandiejay:

each banning should last 3months minimum.

3 months maka why? shocked Haba Oga, NL no be North Korea na!

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Afam4eva(m): 1:00pm On Jun 01, 2012
Yorisb:

3 months maka why? shocked Haba Oga, NL no be North Korea na!
In most foreign forums, some people are banned forever.

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by snthesis(m): 1:02pm On Jun 01, 2012
afam4eva:
But you have no problem with Twitter using it. Park well jo.
actually that's y i aint on twitter

P.S
Please if you "follow" me and i dont "follow" u back, dont be angry with me, its just my personal philosophy, and i apologize if it offends you.
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 01, 2012
afam4eva:
But you have no problem with Twitter using it. Park well jo.

You need to understand that this is the same reason why some people (like me) don't have a twitter acct.

JideTheBlogger:

So, following on Twitter is also "Stalking" to you abi?

Yes, precisely.
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Afam4eva(m): 1:27pm On Jun 01, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

You need to understand that this is the same reason why some people (like me) don't have a twitter acct.

So, you not on twitter because of the word "Follow"? Hmm, na waoo for reasoning.
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jun 01, 2012
afam4eva:
So, you not on twitter because of the word "Follow"? Hmm, na waoo for reasoning.

That's one of the reasons.
And for some, that's enough reason.
Pwublem?
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by PhysicsQED(m): 1:32pm On Jun 01, 2012
@ Seun, how can I change the email account that's associated with this user name (PhysicsQED), delete it and replace it with another one?

I don't want this particular email account being spammed by NL email stuff. The updated topic notifications are too much already and this member emailing stuff is going to make it worse.
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Afam4eva(m): 1:39pm On Jun 01, 2012
PhysicsQED: @ Seun, how can I change the email account that's associated with this user name (PhysicsQED), delete it and replace it with another one?

I don't want this particular email account being spammed by NL email stuff. The updated topic notifications are too much already and this member emailing stuff is going to make it worse.
I really don't know what it feels like to be spammed because i've not used the Yahoo email i used in registering on Nairaland since 2006. I only use it with yahoo messenger. So, i don't receive all the messages that Nairaland sends to members.

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by snthesis(m): 2:07pm On Jun 01, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Pwublem?
hmm! so we hav sumtin in common wink
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 01, 2012
afam4eva:
In most foreign forums, some people are banned forever.
[size=13pt]Very correct and with this, people watch what they say or do online because they value their handles just as i value mine sooooooo much [/size]

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by sexlog(m): 2:14pm On Jun 01, 2012
onila: I know everybody will be following me smiley cool. .I appreciate the love nairalanders
the blessed Onila
Na your fellow mumu go follow u
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by oayombo: 2:42pm On Jun 01, 2012
I had to change the email associated with my account.....am ok with everything now.

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by PhysicsQED(m): 3:30pm On Jun 01, 2012
Just saw the 'change email' feature on my profile. Never mind @ Seun. Problem resolved.

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Sijo01(f): 5:09pm On Jun 01, 2012
Attention: Egbon Seun/doz concerned!

You have 1 Nairaland PM. Please check your email now. (Dismiss).

Saw dat wen i loged in some mint's ago. After dismissing, got to my email box n i saw dis:
----(sender's name) would like to send you an email message, but since you are not connected, you'll need to contact ---- by replying this email.

Bfor dis follow follow was introduc, i gat no stress readin my mails but wateva dis mail means, i dnt kno.

Pls kindly xplain. Tnx.
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by yamakuza: 5:23pm On Jun 01, 2012
Sijo01: Attention: Egbon Seun/doz concerned!

You have 1 Nairaland PM. Please check your email now. (Dismiss).

Saw dat wen i loged in some mint's ago. After dismissing, got to my email box n i saw dis:
----(sender's name) would like to send you an email message, but since you are not connected, you'll need to contact ---- by replying this email.

Bfor dis follow follow was introduc, i gat no stress readin my mails but wateva dis mail means, i dnt kno.

Pls kindly xplain. Tnx.

it means you are not currently following the person (but the person may/may not be following you)

you can click the link in the email to check the sender's profile

if you are satisfied with what you see and want to initiate contact, just reply the email

follow the person if you do not want to repeat the lenghty process next time

or, just ignore the email

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Sijo01(f): 7:42pm On Jun 01, 2012
^tnx 4d clearificatn.
D person is actuali followin me but i dnt wanna follow anybdy. Wil replyin d mail/subsequnt once xpose my email id 2d recipiant(s)?
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 01, 2012
snthesis:

Yea. We do.
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by yamakuza: 7:48pm On Jun 01, 2012
Sijo01: ^tnx 4d clearificatn.
D person is actuali followin me but i dnt wanna follow anybdy. Wil replyin d mail/subsequnt once xpose my email id 2d recipiant(s)?

yes

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by novaman: 7:51pm On Jun 01, 2012
Seun,

Are there plans for an IPO in the near future? well don't let FACEBOOK scare you, NAIRALAND will surely do well when the time comes

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by ayobase(m): 8:02pm On Jun 01, 2012
Biyi1471:
Abi o o. Make we jolly over NL.

Over NL or for Nicon?
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by ayobase(m): 8:05pm On Jun 01, 2012
bandiejay:

OGA SEUN
I guess stars sign should be added to Old members then you categorize it Gold Silver and bronze member

i also think privileges should be a thing of posting limits as an Old member
you should be able to Create a Thread up to 10 a week and also have a chance of saving your posting life i.e you can save posting life line every week so this will be like Credit while you can also transfer to anyone that follows you or friend.

also new members can always have the privilege to Start Only 3 threads per week and also have a chance of saving his or her posting life i.e you can save posting life line everyweek so this will be like Credit while you can also transfer to anyone that follows you or friend.

Asper Replying a thread it should be a thing of limitation to avoid childish posting and thread spamming and any member been banned would have to pay the Mod with his credit to be unban or wait Normal time and each banning should last 3months minimum.

Old Members should have the opportunity to reply up to 50threads in 24hours while new member should be 20threads without creditsavings.

I believe this would reduce so much spamming ... most especially on Romance section

Kinda love this!
Everybody go sit tight!
And how are d senior members to be selected?

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by oayombo: 8:54pm On Jun 01, 2012
Sijo01: ^tnx 4d clearificatn.

Of course it will, the message goes to the persons email account.

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Sijo01(f): 9:15pm On Jun 01, 2012
yamakuza:

yes

tnx!

oayombo: Of course it will, the message goes to the persons email account.

tnx!

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by snthesis(m): 12:52am On Jun 02, 2012
@MODs
please i need to have my personal email changed- i no longer have access to the "snthesis@live.com" as such i cant do the d change myself-i cant even view any PMs. please change my primary mail to "snthesis@yahoo.com" thanks.
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by ayobase(m): 6:58am On Jun 02, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Pwublem?

If I hear sey I no follow u!
Bumper to fender o!
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by ayobase(m): 6:59am On Jun 02, 2012
PhysicsQED: @ Seun, how can I change the email account that's associated with this user name (PhysicsQED), delete it and replace it with another one?

Believe me...Im gonna spam it all d way!
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by ayobase(m): 7:00am On Jun 02, 2012
snthesis:

Of course....bed of a feather flock together.
So, who r u addicted to?
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by yamakuza: 7:07am On Jun 02, 2012
snthesis: @MODs
please i need to have my personal email changed- i no longer have access to the "sn*sis@live.com" as such i cant do the d change myself-i cant even view any PMs. please change my primary mail to "sn*sis@yahoo.com" thanks.

to change your NL Profile email,

1. go to Edit Profile

2. click Change Email

3. input your NL password, then the new email twice. Click Update

4. check your new email and click the confirmation url
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by dubem3(m): 8:47am On Jun 02, 2012
Seun:
Not all of them - just those who are more popular than you. You're following them, but they are not following you, because we can't be sure that the relationship is really two-way. Some popular members added a lot of friends that they didn't really know. However, you can still e-mail your old friends if you want to.

you would just have disabled all of them and
let everyone start afresh instead of this high - low
impression ur trying to create.
i don't like this.
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by snthesis(m): 9:15am On Jun 02, 2012
yamakuza:

to change your NL Profile email,

1. go to Edit Profile

2. click Change Email

3. input your NL password, then the new email twice. Click Update

4. check your new email and click the confirmation url
did that, all thru ysday and it didnt work,
all i get is a link on the new email which wen i click on gives me this msg "An unexpected error has occurred. So sorry about this"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? / Shitposting General / Math Quiz... Can You Get The Right Answer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.