Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,605 members, 7,827,287 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

"Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland (10530 Views)

Why Do You Follow The Nairalander(s) You Are Following? / Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) / Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Seun(m): 7:55pm On May 31, 2012
I recently announced our "member following" feature, which lets you instantly follow any Nairaland member you fancy without waiting for her approval. I'm pleased to inform you that the "member following" feature has now replaced the former "friendship" feature. You can't add people as "friends" anymore, but you can follow them with or without their permission. When the people you're following post new topics on Nairaland, those topics will instantly be added to your list of "followed topics".

Before this update, you could only send e-mails to moderators and your friends. Now, you can freely send e-mails to moderators and people following you. We also have a new protocol for anonymous e-mail sending, which you'll soon notice. What do you think?

7 Likes

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by OYINBOGOJU(m): 8:14pm On May 31, 2012
Nice One

Modern way of Stalking

8 Likes

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 31, 2012
Nice on!!
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 31, 2012
Ideas mks the world go round. Thumbs up.
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by komole: 8:16pm On May 31, 2012
seun! seun!!
ori e wan be. your big head dey here.
seun when you go do faji for the boys now?

throw owambe party make we even chop "our" money small.
you too tight hand.

5 Likes

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by onila(f): 8:17pm On May 31, 2012
I know everybody will be following me smiley cool. .I appreciate the love nairalanders
the blessed Onila
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by zangiff(m): 8:17pm On May 31, 2012
nice one there mr seun,always bringing new stuffs.
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by valencia25(m): 8:18pm On May 31, 2012
I'm loving every piece of ur work.. Keep it up bro
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by escobar07(m): 8:19pm On May 31, 2012
Good, good for recon(stalking is too strong). But i'll like a feature that will enable me to continue from the page that contains my latest post on a thread, and not start from page zero.

5 Likes

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Businesstools(m): 8:20pm On May 31, 2012
Great!
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by escobar07(m): 8:22pm On May 31, 2012
Good, good for recon. But i will like a feature that will enable me continue from the page that contains my newest post on a thread.

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Seun(m): 8:24pm On May 31, 2012
escobar07: Good, good for recon(stalking is too strong). But i'll like a feature that will enable me to continue from the page that contains my latest post on a thread, and not start from page zero.
If you're following a topic, you'll see an blue/orange icon after it when it's updated. Click the icon to go to the next post.

2 Likes

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by mcnepow(m): 8:25pm On May 31, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: NIce One

Modern way of Stalking
I swaaregard! Dats wat it is!
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by freecocoa(f): 8:26pm On May 31, 2012
Seun i got a message telling me that someone on NL wants to send me an email but is not connected so i should contact him by replying the email i got.

Is that the protocol for the anonymous email you are talking about?

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by dayokanu(m): 8:28pm On May 31, 2012
Seun,

Is it possible to delete all male from my followers and allow only females with sexy pictures?

This is urgent

6 Likes

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by mykali(m): 8:29pm On May 31, 2012
Last night i was having difficulties with receiving PMs or e-mails as you now call it, i thought it was from my end and didnt know a "restructuring" of the site was on...

i also noticed last night that i couldnt find the add as friend button anymore.

the fact that anybody can send me an e-mail just by following me...i dont think i like the idea.

4 Likes

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by onila(f): 8:30pm On May 31, 2012
dayokanu: Seun,

Is it possible to deleye all male from my followers and allow only females with sexy pictures?

This is urgent

Iz that yr car? smiley
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by mykali(m): 8:30pm On May 31, 2012

Is it possible to deleye all male from my followers and allow only females with sexy pictures?

This is urgent

hehehehehehe grin grin grin grin
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by PapaBrowne(m): 8:32pm On May 31, 2012
Would you be able to know who is following you or better put, will people you are following know you are following them?
I think its a pretty good idea! More community, less anonymity.

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by dayokanu(m): 8:33pm On May 31, 2012
onila:

Iz that yr car? smiley

Yellz.

Where is your picture and where are you located
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by mcnepow(m): 8:34pm On May 31, 2012

Is it possible to delete all male from my followers and allow only females with sexy pictures?

This is urgent
This is crazie!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Seun(m): 8:35pm On May 31, 2012
freecocoa: Seun i got a message telling me that someone on NL wants to send me an email but is not connected so i should contact him by replying the email i got. Is that the protocol for the anonymous email you are talking about?
Yes.

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by MrGlobe(m): 8:36pm On May 31, 2012
I guess thats for those who care about friendship on Nairaland. Lol. On the real tho. Seun there also need to be a block button on Nairaland. Some guys are stalking me and this will give them a little leverage sad

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Yorisb: 8:37pm On May 31, 2012
Seun: you can follow them with or without their permission.

Aggressive stalking u mean?

Having said that, I reckon the new 'member following' feature is much berra than the ''friendship'' feature.

2 Likes

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by cindyrella(f): 8:38pm On May 31, 2012
Nice one
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by freecocoa(f): 8:39pm On May 31, 2012
Seun:
Yes.
But if i don't reply the email nko?

And OMG,I just checked and too many people are following me,do they all have access to my email address?
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Seun(m): 8:40pm On May 31, 2012
PapaBrowne: Would you be able to know who is following you or better put, will people you are following know you are following them?
I think its a pretty good idea! More community, less anonymity.
Yes. The "Followers" link on the header shows you all your followers so you can view their profiles and follow them back.

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Yorisb: 8:41pm On May 31, 2012
onila:

Iz that yr car? smiley

U and money sef. One day dem go use u do juju. U go see. grin
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Seun(m): 8:42pm On May 31, 2012
freecocoa: But if i don't reply the email nko?
And OMG,I just checked and too many people are following me,do they all have access to my email address?
Nobody has access to your email address, not even moderators. Followers cannot even PM you directly, unless you follow them back.

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 31, 2012
Sounds like "stalking" to me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? / Shitposting General / Math Quiz... Can You Get The Right Answer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.