Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Names You Can Never Give Your Child? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Names You Can Never Give Your Child? (29613 Views)

7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria / Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! / What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Biggyd2: 9:38pm On Jun 07, 2012
grin ;DCan't stop laughing o. My belle o. My friend gave me some other ibo ones
'Ochiabuto'(laughter doesnt mean happiness)
Onukwube(literal meaning-may the mouth talk).
Ememgini(what did I do?)
Chiadikuche(Chiadi for short)

I personally do not like
Appolonia(Appo for short)
Athanasius
Godgive
Polycarp etc
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Biggyd2: 9:58pm On Jun 07, 2012
gini: I've had a very good laugh at posts here and decided to add these names:

Obumselu : Am I d cause of the quarell? ( So a quarell led to his birth? )

Obumneke : Am I the Creator (Don't blame me for his looks, I didn't make him)

Anene : Make Ϟ•̸ε dey look (The Parents: Na wah oh, make Ϟ•̸ε dey look Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ wetin e go come be)

Nkeonyelu: the one he gave him (hmmm, well that's the one he gave me not the one I wanted)

Ndidi: meaning Patience (this child will continue to have difficulties in life and will always have to be patient and sometimes her patience doesn't yield fruit.

Barthlomeo : My tribe (Igbo) will shorten it to Baati and that is so not funny

Cletus, Clarus (don't know d meaning but don't like their sounds)

Kosisochukwu: the way God wanted it (Parents: Hmmm, I don't really like the gender of this child but then what can I do? Na so God want am).

Most of these names are reminders of negative circumstances and will make the child feel unwanted kind off. Child thinks: I wasn't want they wanted, they're just MANAGING me.

Oh lawdy lawdy! Kai una no go kill person today o!LOL
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by vanminister: 10:20pm On Jun 07, 2012
LUCY-LUCIFER
FAGAN-SATAN
LEWIS-LUCIFER
SAPONG-SERPENT
SEDONA-LUSTY DEVIL

MORE TO FOLLOW........
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by vanminister: 10:22pm On Jun 07, 2012
K O S O K O- THAT THING IS MISSING!

AH AH AH
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Goldieluks: 10:26pm On Jun 07, 2012
friday
monday
sunday
saturday
atutukpoyoyo
henry
atiku
babangida
julius
goodluck
destiny.
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by OmoKhary(f): 10:29pm On Jun 07, 2012
Can never ever name my children:
basirat,johnbull,mumunirokiba,cynthia,cecilia,felicia,ganiyatu,morufu,sikiru,moriamo
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by koolJ1(f): 10:36pm On Jun 07, 2012
Goldieluks: friday
monday
sunday
saturday
atutukpoyoyo
henry
atiku
babangida
julius
goodluck
destiny.

Ur not serious abt henry r yu
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jun 07, 2012
Heard of someone who bears the name ikeminyia meaning big meat. All names ending with 'us' pisses me off e.g romanus. Also the ones that end with 'day'. Not forgeting charity, marvelous, prosper and the likes.
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Ogamgil(f): 10:44pm On Jun 07, 2012
Name follow people. Dont lik linda, patience, comfort, charity, calista, agnes, helen, uchenna.
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by bestman201217: 11:00pm On Jun 07, 2012
I think this can help some of you http://www.20000-names.com/female_english_names.htm
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Goldieluks: 11:16pm On Jun 07, 2012
kool J:

Ur not serious abt henry r yu

I'm serious.

Prince
junior
magaret
silvanus
sylvester
susu
tuesday..

Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Irunmole(m): 11:19pm On Jun 07, 2012
mr_man: ESUPOFO, meaning the devil has failed. i know a man that gave his child this name. People call him baba esu i.e father of the DEVIL, and call the boy ESU wen they want to bully him. i guess the name is really affecting him because he has some devilish tendencies just last week he broke clinton's leg(my dog)

@mrman, you no go kill peson abeg! grin grin grin
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by toboy: 12:10am On Jun 08, 2012
sanchez4eva: Johnbull,Acidtalk,Sunday,Monday,Tuesday,Hope,Faith,Joy,many more
hmm what is wrong with sunday? U did have problem with someone called sunday.isn't it?
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Fhemmmy: 12:11am On Jun 08, 2012
Goldieluks: friday
monday
sunday
saturday
atutukpoyoyo
henry
atiku
babangida
julius
goodluck
destiny.

That is a beautiful name . . . .
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by NovusHomo(m): 3:38am On Jun 08, 2012
GIRINGORI grin
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 08, 2012
I can never give my child any name i dont know the meaning, no matter how sweet/good it sounds. I prefer indigenous names
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by sadyeek(m): 9:06am On Jun 08, 2012
DaraAlina:

That's another name that people shouldn't be burden too.. It's too much to live up too... What happens if "Mary" isn't so like "Mary" ?

[size=16pt]people name their children
Isa(jesus) they don't expect them to walk on water or raise someone from the dead.
Muhammad
Musa(moses)
Ibrahim(abraham)
Adam
Sulaiman(solomon)
Yusuf(joseph)
Hauwa(eve)

But they don't expect them to literally be like the original owners of the name. We try to like like they did, follow their footsteps but never can we be like them. So change that your ideology and name your kid one of this lovely names.
[/size]
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by lukaino(m): 10:06am On Jun 08, 2012
Blessing,Cecilia, Philo, Linda, Angela, mercy,Gloria Check all girls bearing such names very well tongue
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Chinom(m): 10:26am On Jun 08, 2012
kelmich: Opukeme,
Obumneke,
Ngozi(wont name a guy that),
Goodluck,

Ngozi for a guy is wack. Almost repulsive. Parents of Imo origin are known to do that. It's a typical Imo state thing.
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by millinmax2(m): 10:28am On Jun 08, 2012
mukina2: I see some names and i wonder, Parents why name your kids that, its food for bullies angry

some names may mean something in some tribes and mean something totally different in some others,

I will never call my kid Penda, its a name to some but in another tribe it means a sore/wound

Some names are tongue twisters

What bout all those cat?

Radikat,Kudikat,Risikat,All na kat i tire o shocked
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by nanoken: 11:13am On Jun 08, 2012
heard of someone's name "mofedobo"
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by nobleens(f): 11:13am On Jun 08, 2012
hahaha,Rebecca,Racheal
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by twilliamx(m): 11:14am On Jun 08, 2012
SimonAndal: No Nigerian name, that's for sure. If I had a say in the matter, my 'rents wouldn't've given me a local (Igbo/Nigerian) name, seeing as they both have English names. :-C
I like these names (they sound exotic):
Stefan
Lucian
Maximillan
André
Alexei
Yugo
Yuri
Alistair
u re obviously suffering from slave mentality, what is wrong wit our meaningful nigerian names, i bet ur name is long john or bonny face. Emancipate ur mind dude. We have d best names in d world as far as am concerned..
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by beblessed(f): 12:57pm On Jun 08, 2012
Na waooh 4 nigerians. Laff wan kill me here
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Dagods(m): 1:06pm On Jun 08, 2012
Hey guyz ;- how "about
Obum na eke,
Mbeorie,
Rosa,
Udezuka,
Odinkwazuka,
Morroco,
Okorie,
Ezenagu,
Azuka,and
"ONILLA"...funny-funny names.

1 Like

Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 08, 2012
Its true dat some names has gud meaning in some tribes y d same may have bad meaning, 4 instance, 'Anu' in yoruba means 'Mercy' y in Igbo its means 'meat'
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by mamachi(f): 1:59pm On Jun 08, 2012
matoyeh: hahahah
CHICHI
DON SIMEON
JONATHAN EBELE
chichi is only an abreviation for some names besides wat is wrong wit d name CHICHI
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by mamachi(f): 2:09pm On Jun 08, 2012
Ogamgil: Name follow people. Dont lik linda, patience, comfort, charity, calista, agnes, helen, uchenna.
u are nt really serious abt agnes are u? If only u know wat d name agnes means
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by etayokha(f): 2:19pm On Jun 08, 2012
saka

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Do Married Men Run After Young Girls? / My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House / Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.