Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

Names You Can Never Give Your Child? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Names You Can Never Give Your Child? (29614 Views)

7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria / Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! / What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by cogsej06(m): 3:13pm On Jun 07, 2012
Patience
Endurance, NO WAY!!!
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by ace4luv69(m): 3:15pm On Jun 07, 2012
If u name ur daughter dame patience, there is tendency dat she will be veri bad in english language!
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by LewsTherin: 3:21pm On Jun 07, 2012
Neighbour of mine called his son Bruno and his dog Owolabi :-P
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by CARLISTO77(m): 3:29pm On Jun 07, 2012
I don't understand why so many Nigerians are sadistic and barbaric in their asseverations.
A simple topic is being turned into dirge of preposterousness. Putin de mierde.
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jun 07, 2012
Romanus
Modestus
Alphonsus
Assumpta
Bonaventure
Cosmos
Hycinth
Rosanna
Mgbeke
Ekaette

1 Like

Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by philipstanley(m): 3:38pm On Jun 07, 2012
I will never name my child BULL, PATIENCE, ENDURANCE, LINDA, MARY, DURI, BABA, HATEFULL, SUNDAY, MONDAY, SATURDAY ETC.
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Biggyd2: 3:40pm On Jun 07, 2012
[quote author=DaraAlina]
Adjective, Verb or Adverb that can be used for mockery ( Smart, Knowledge or Serenity etc...) What happens if the child does the opposite

You had me cracking ma ribs. The above paragraph reminds me of a classmate in school named BALANCE. I mean, what were his parents thinking.
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:43pm On Jun 07, 2012
mr_man: ESUPOFO, meaning the devil has failed. i know a man that gave his child this name. People call him baba esu i.e father of the DEVIL, and call the boy ESU wen they want to bully him. i guess the name is really affecting him because he has some devilish tendencies just last week he broke clinton's leg(my dog)

Lol...
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by knotty(m): 3:43pm On Jun 07, 2012
SUNMONU
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by DaraAlina(f): 3:43pm On Jun 07, 2012
[quote author=Biggyd2][/quote]

See... Biggy !!!!.... BALANCE .. what happens if he bust his ass playing football or simply walking down the street !!!... hahahaha Lame parents
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Biggyd2: 3:50pm On Jun 07, 2012
webmastern: ogborogenerukokoumukorodafe

Huh grin grin
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Biggyd2: 3:58pm On Jun 07, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

That's why I like NL. We can be called the names we like(not necessarily our real names. Some names on NL make me laff too.But thanks you really made me laff.
Same to all NL that made my day on this post. Luv ya all.
DaraAlina:

See... Biggy !!!!.... BALANCE .. what happens if he bust his ass playing football or simply walking down the street !!!... hahahaha Lame parents

grin
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by ebicon(f): 4:00pm On Jun 07, 2012
continuing words like blessing,offering. Adjectives,verbs and adverbs like rich,knowledge,compromise,intelligent.etc. And names like Temple,halleluyah

1 Like

Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Afolabs101: 4:03pm On Jun 07, 2012
Orji (orgy)
Titi (as in big titi's)
Hitler (tru tru, there's a Local Govt Chairman in Plateau State called Hitler Dada)

My kids must have Nigerian names and definitely no adjectives as names e.g.: Patience, Mercy, ThankGod, Blessing, Promise, Hope, etc
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Afolabs101: 4:04pm On Jun 07, 2012
oh, and no difficult to pronounce names like Gbolahan (no offense to anyone bearing this or the previous names) cheesy
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Afam4eva(m): 4:06pm On Jun 07, 2012
Afolabs101: oh, and no difficult to pronounce names like Gbolahan (no offense to anyone bearing this or the previous names) cheesy
The name sounds like someone who's puking(no offence).
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Biggyd2: 4:06pm On Jun 07, 2012
;[quote author=Elose11]Scholastica (Scholar),

Bonboy! Seriouly, people still bear such names? Lovely one, thanks. grin grin grin
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Biggyd2: 4:13pm On Jun 07, 2012
DaraAlina:

Just read your post again and laff wan finish me die. Tnx dear.
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by ObamaUS: 4:18pm On Jun 07, 2012
what about OFUAFULUAGU MBAKA?There is a nollywood guy that bears that name.

Another sexy name is DONGILA KEMEBARADIKOMU
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Afolabs101: 4:24pm On Jun 07, 2012
If my name was "Shittu" I would have legally changed it the moment I turned 18 undecided Again, no offense to anyone bearing that name cheesy
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Afam4eva(m): 4:26pm On Jun 07, 2012
ObamaUS: what about OFUAFULUAGU MBAKA?There is a nollywood guy that bears that name.
It's Ofiafulagu Mbaka...the name sounds like that of a warrior.
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by ariyebaba(m): 4:29pm On Jun 07, 2012
DANA

DEJO

SULE

NIGERIA ( 9JA )

FOOLISH

IDIOT

BASTARD

REV KING

OBJ

IBB

ABACHA

& lots more...............

smileycheesywink
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by adetunrayo(f): 4:30pm On Jun 07, 2012
mr_man: ESUPOFO, meaning the devil has failed. i know a man that gave his child this name. People call him baba esu i.e father of the DEVIL, and call the boy ESU wen they want to bully him. i guess the name is really affecting him because he has some devilish tendencies just last week he broke clinton's leg(my
dog)

This is funny mennnnnnnn

1 Like

Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by RoadStar: 4:37pm On Jun 07, 2012
DAUDA : That name has been scarred for life.
Ochuko : Slang for a loose person

I like Yoruba girl names like Ronke, Funke, Bimbo, Shade, Bunmi etc
Yoruba male names on the other hand don do it 4 me Dauda, Idowu, Gbenga, Jimoh, Kunle etc
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by dabrake(m): 4:39pm On Jun 07, 2012
arsene wenger, andy caroll
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by dabrake(m): 4:42pm On Jun 07, 2012
what were parents thinking when they name their child(ren) ashley, alexia, . . . ?
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by mapet: 4:49pm On Jun 07, 2012
:ROTFL
mr_man: ESUPOFO, meaning the devil has failed. i know a man that gave his child this name. People call him baba esu i.e father of the DEVIL, and call the boy ESU wen they want to bully him. i guess the name is really affecting him because he has some devilish tendencies just last week he broke clinton's leg(my dog)
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by methodman(m): 4:49pm On Jun 07, 2012
And what is wrong with the name Babatunde? angry
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by mapet: 4:55pm On Jun 07, 2012
You're just like my friend, naming his sons some fake and nonsense American names - Shawn-Parker, Daryl-walker, Jaden-Forlon.....utter rubbish
SimonAndal: No Nigerian name, that's for sure. If I had a say in the matter, my 'rents wouldn't've given me a local (Igbo/Nigerian) name, seeing as they both have English names. :-C
I like these names (they sound exotic):
Stefan
Lucian
Maximillan
André
Alexei
Yugo
Yuri
Alistair

1 Like

Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by hbrednic: 4:57pm On Jun 07, 2012
HITLER
BUSH OR OFIA
NWEKE,NWAFOR,NWANKWO
OMOBORIOWO(WORST NAME ON EARTH)
GODGIVE
JECINTA
GUADALUPE
LONGJOHN
OTUNMBA
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 07, 2012
mapet: You're just like my friend, naming his sons some fake and nonsense American names - Shawn-Parker, Daryl-walker, Jaden-Forlon.....utter rubbish
_
Must I name my child Mgbeke Latifat Temitolulope Ogboghevo, or some sort of rubbish, unsexy name before you're happy? Go suck donkey diçk!
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Ninilowo(m): 5:09pm On Jun 07, 2012
Yakubu
Ayegbeni
sanni
Kaita

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House / Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With / My Husband Does Not Like Sleeping In The Bedroom But Living Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.