Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,771 members, 7,959,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:07 PM

Names You Can Never Give Your Child? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Names You Can Never Give Your Child? (29911 Views)

7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria / Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! / What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Busybody2(f): 12:31pm On Jun 07, 2012
Sumonu

Suliya

Rofiat

Precious

Beauty

Perfection

Ascension

Immaculate

Lovinyas

Toyin lipsrsealed
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by denitro(m): 12:32pm On Jun 07, 2012
I have a Ghanaian friend named "OKO" shocked
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Biggyd2: 12:32pm On Jun 07, 2012
compu: I can never give my son the name...'JONATHAN'

Ah, I suggest not cos someone on NL(NOT ME) says it means
J-Just
O-On
N-National
A-Assignment
T-To
H-Hurt
A-All
N-Nigerians wink

2 Likes

Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Revealedtv(m): 12:32pm On Jun 07, 2012
I go die, I go save, basketmouth, rasheedatu, muniratu, shelifatu, kafilat, patience, love, hope, faith amongst other ashawo names
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by achi4u(m): 12:34pm On Jun 07, 2012
afam4eva:
I had a friend from Abakaliki with this name.
mad dog/
nkita ara=afam4eva.
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Yorisb: 12:34pm On Jun 07, 2012
Biggyd2:

I just asked my friend and he said that Ogbenyeanu means may a pauper not marry me. Is it true? He said that Nkemdiche is also a bad name.

Yep!
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Reference(m): 12:37pm On Jun 07, 2012
mr_man: ESUPOFO, meaning the devil has failed. i know a man that gave his child this name. People call him baba esu i.e father of the DEVIL, and call the boy ESU wen they want to bully him. i guess the name is really affecting him because he has some devilish tendencies just last week he broke clinton's leg(my dog)

Hmm, and why diss the name Clinton by naming your pooch.
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by achi4u(m): 12:37pm On Jun 07, 2012
I also had a friend from Nkanu = waogbodo wagu.

fearful names abode dere
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Biggyd2: 12:37pm On Jun 07, 2012
Yorisb:

Yep!

Ok then, I believe the lady must be warning non-wealthy suitors to "KEEP OFF" considering the economic situation of the country. She no wan suffer o. thanks sha. grin
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by ismhab(m): 12:41pm On Jun 07, 2012
OJUKWU
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Biggyd2: 12:42pm On Jun 07, 2012
mr_man: ESUPOFO, meaning the devil has failed. i know a man that gave his child this name. People call him baba esu i.e father of the DEVIL, and call the boy ESU wen they want to bully him. i guess the name is really affecting him because he has some devilish tendencies just last week he broke clinton's leg(my dog)

See as laff wan break my waist grin grin grin
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by valicious1(m): 12:43pm On Jun 07, 2012
Osuofia, kalistus, aremu(doesn't sound nice on the mouth). grin
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by gidson12(m): 12:46pm On Jun 07, 2012
dana tongue
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by baggy4luv(m): 12:48pm On Jun 07, 2012
my klazmate name bk in highsch. Obokparo ewho
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by purplekayc(m): 12:49pm On Jun 07, 2012
judas,abacha,ben johnson,alams,obori,
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by JojoArmani(m): 12:50pm On Jun 07, 2012
Dgunnerz: BoBo(name)Bobo(Drink)!
Laugh wan kill me. Bobo is just a pet name. Is like callin somebody baby dat doesnt mean her real name.
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by achi4u(m): 12:50pm On Jun 07, 2012
here we go:

egbeigwe

john___though my middle name is john

2face

monday to sunday

onwudiike

ibori

Elechi

johnbull

nwo-ogbodo

osu

nwa_ekperima
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jun 07, 2012
cheesy cheesy cheesycheesycheesy cheesy cheesy
This is the funniest thing I've read today. Thanks!

4 Likes

Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by UNLEASHED(m): 12:57pm On Jun 07, 2012
afam4eva: I've said it that my children will never bear an English name. Many people just bear names without knowing what they mean.

That made me remember a girl i once met couple of days ago, her name is Fiona and Fiona originally means "white" or "fair". Girl is as black as car tyres

7 Likes

Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 07, 2012
Igbos: is it true Njoku means taboo/hot sin?
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by bknight: 12:58pm On Jun 07, 2012
*rotflmao* lwkm! @ akpos!! D name alone na comedy! Lwkm!!
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Jilo83(m): 1:01pm On Jun 07, 2012
Reuben, Achan, Mary, Icabod, Judas, Sanbalat, Esau, Gehaz, etc
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Pakavy(m): 1:01pm On Jun 07, 2012
Yorisb: Buhari
Bluetooth
Idowuogbogbo tongue
idowuogbo.hope u r not refering 2 my nl wife?replace it with jezebel pls
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by nitrogen(m): 1:01pm On Jun 07, 2012
Dende, dopemu, monday, jegede, esubiyi, apam, ebele, ibori, and others.
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by otunba9ja: 1:03pm On Jun 07, 2012
SimonAndal: No Nigerian name, that's for sure. If I had a say in the matter, my 'rents wouldn't've given me a local (Igbo/Nigerian) name, seeing as they both have English names. :-C
I like these names (they sound exotic):
Stefan
Lucian
Maximillan
André
Alexei
Yugo
Yuri
Alistair

Hay yah!!!.....quickly pour some very hot water on urself to change ur skin and add slavia to the 6th name on ur list before you obtain an affidafit for a change of name.......Goodluck and fresher air 2u......you can also consider names like MUMUdion, mac-MUMU,ODEline, Mugufox[color=#006600][/color] grin
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Pakavy(m): 1:04pm On Jun 07, 2012
UNLEASHED:

That made me remember a girl i once met couple of days ago, her name is Fiona and Fiona originally means "white" or "fair". Girl is as black as car tyres

na opposite d parents mean when dem giv ha d name nah
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by abugbe(m): 1:05pm On Jun 07, 2012
some names can even affect dey child negatively, neva wil i giv my child names like dis: Monica, Lovina, Sandra, Endurance, etc. Some tribe names may bring cause 2 dey child. Pls parents mind de names u giv 2 ur child or children
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Afam4eva(m): 1:06pm On Jun 07, 2012
achi4u: mad dog/
nkita ara=afam4eva.
Nwanna, o gini ka mmere iji na kpo mu iyi.
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by plentykola(m): 1:08pm On Jun 07, 2012
abayomi cos most pple i know that bear the name are naturally useless in every aspect of life
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by klairekk: 1:10pm On Jun 07, 2012
Dgunnerz: BoBo(name)Bobo(Drink)!

the drink actually originated from the name, commonly used as a pet name for children
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by Chanchit: 1:15pm On Jun 07, 2012
otunba 9ja:

Hay yah!!!.....quickly pour some very hot water on urself to change ur skin and add slavia to the 6th name on ur list before you obtain an affidafit for a change of name.......Goodluck and fresher air 2u......you can also consider names like MUMUdion, mac-MUMU,ODEline, Mugufox[color=#006600][/color] grin
very funny..... I almost quote her, but i just decided to let her be, since its her choice, dts y i jst pity her mentality in secret....
Re: Names You Can Never Give Your Child? by nagoma(m): 1:20pm On Jun 07, 2012
Reuben, Ojukwu.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Few Ways To Show Love To Your Husband.... / Child Rescued After Being Washed Into A Canal In Lagos (Photo) / "Meet My 145-Year-Old Grandpa" - Ikenna Ofodile, Nigerian Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.