Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,243 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter (27269 Views)

American Pastor,Creflo Dollar Arrested For Stealing Church Funds To Buy Mansion / Man Shot Dead At Creflo Dollar's World Changer's Church / Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by obi123: 10:21am On Jun 11, 2012
The day my child talks back at me will be a day to be remembered , in fact it will be one for the books, because regardless of where i raise my kids, i DARE them to talk back, talk less of picking up the phone to call the police.
I was raised by my dad who had zero tolerance for disrespect and partying in fact before i get to the Y in party , i would have been given THE SILENCER (hot slap),now as a grown up we have very good laughs about some of the things he did.
Creflo lost his temper , his daughter must have really pushed him to the wall as children will do, he shouldn't have choked her as he could have killed her in the process which would be worse.
Raising kids is not an easy task , raising them abroad is another ball game entirely, we pray to at least have the one that listens to avoid situations like these.
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by Aizebioje(m): 10:31am On Jun 11, 2012
Chokinghe crossee the boundary clearly!but a 15yr old Pastor's daughter going CLUBBING at 1am?mehn!even I a guy,won't dare stay out late till 10pm not to talk of going out at 1am.na wa o.He should have been able to handle it better sha.maybe just lock the doors and put the keys away...that should have done it instead of choking and slamming her to the ground!might I also add that He clearly missed it as a parent while the kids were growing up!
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by dexymine: 10:34am On Jun 11, 2012
@logic boy and all those against him:

Merely reading threads on Nairaland sheds light on why Nigeria is in such a deplorable condition.

Some of the posts on this thread could only have been written by cynical cowards who believe the only objective of a forum is to derail any value-adding discussion.

How is it that responding to a topic is usually turned into an exercise in abasing and insulting each other?

If you want to get into a "fight", exchange numbers and get a room. The rest of us are not necessarily interested in these witless exchanges.

Do you guys see the quality of posts in other forums? You can actually LEARN from them. The objective of online forums are to share ideas, news and opinions in a COLLABORATIVE manner, not throwing daggers at each other.

2 Likes

Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by amaechijay: 10:41am On Jun 11, 2012
Where are those who claim Oyedepo was right in slapping another man's daughter. Here's an arrest for assaulting one's own daughter. To think that he was not arrested and even refused to make an appearance in court... . He is saying "I will do it AGAIN & AGAIN"... Let him try it abroad when he goes for evangelism.
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by logicboy: 10:52am On Jun 11, 2012
dexymine: @logic boy and all those against him:

Merely reading threads on Nairaland sheds light on why Nigeria is in such a deplorable condition.

Some of the posts on this thread could only have been written by cynical cowards who believe the only objective of a forum is to derail any value-adding discussion.

How is it that responding to a topic is usually turned into an exercise in abasing and insulting each other?

If you want to get into a "fight", exchange numbers and get a room. The rest of us are not necessarily interested in these witless exchanges.

Do you guys see the quality of posts in other forums? You can actually LEARN from them. The objective of online forums are to share ideas, news and opinions in a COLLABORATIVE manner, not throwing daggers at each other.

Self-righteous douchebag
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by tyson55(m): 11:35am On Jun 11, 2012
She is 15 and the argument took place at 1 a.m. over weather or not she could attend a party the next night. Sounds like to me she was already coming from a party. Get some sleep girl !!
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by omodapson(m): 11:38am On Jun 11, 2012
this is really serious! A 15 year old girl.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb6wo_XTuw0&feature=related shocked
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by tyson55(m): 11:52am On Jun 11, 2012
I'm not against religious belief of any origin. But when I see or hear $10, $15, $30 million dollar churches, Rolls Royce Cars, $40 thousand suits of clothes, etc those religious beliefs get somewhat watered down. I begin to look at the "preacher" like I view politicians.

1 Like

Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by Beowulf(m): 12:20pm On Jun 11, 2012
Akpaamu: You do not cast your pearls to swines; so as a christian, it doesnt make sense discussing my fathers General(Creflo) with unbelievers, they will never understand, you unbes should go to ur clubs, drink and smoke hemp then come back and write bullshit. Creflo you re a General in Gods Army, Elshadai will be with you in all your ways. Amen!

For someone who claims to be a Christian,your username doesn't exactly sound so Christian
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by afrikanns: 12:47pm On Jun 11, 2012
@Lenny5000
What is wrong with you people? How is choking your child disciplining her? Would you choke your own child? When ever it has to do with somebody we like we tend to defend them as if they are not humans that are not above mistakes... They didn't say he beat her or grounded her they said he tries to choke her... A mere child of 15... A girl for that matter. Now tell me what crime a 15yrs old child would commit in your sight that is worthy of chocking?

@lennyg5000 witout any doubt u must be a child spoiler.
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by niddamugu(m): 1:17pm On Jun 11, 2012
logicboy: LMAO.
Frosbel, why are you complaining. Doesnt the bible teach you christians to obey the law?
This is good news. grin grin grin grin grin

What law are talking about? are these laws written in The bible:

Prov.22v6: Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. or
Eph.6v1: Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. or
Col.3v20: Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord. or
Exo.20v12: Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee. or
Deut.5v16: Honour thy father and thy mother, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee; that thy days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with thee, in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee. or
Prov.23v13: Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.

The list is endless and for all those castigating the man, i beg you to please grow up. You will appreciate him when you have your own children.
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by toorich: 1:22pm On Jun 11, 2012
logicboy:

Wow, you sure are ignorant! Witchcraft?
your behaviour on NL is as that of a drunkard, if you dont know then learn to ask reasonable questions.
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by jonnycheddars(m): 2:04pm On Jun 11, 2012
logicboy:

"Lord knows" is just an expression.

If you are from Nigeria, you have no right or moral ground to call the American society "decadent". How many 15 year old girls get buggered by old men in Nigeria without ever reaching the police? How many young girls get "Oyedepo-slapped"? What about the corruption? What about child labour in Nigeria?

I live in the West (UK). There are families that dont beat their children and yet the children turn out good. Many upperclass children are rigidly taught manners both at private schools and at home. I am not saying the UK is perfect (as there are many juvenile delinquents), what I am saying is that, it is the family that fully affects the child.

At 16, I was moving with friends that smoked weed. I never one day smoked because of my upbringing!

Child molestation is a global occurence. American homo priests and all that shit.
I wasn't flogged when growing up. Words were enough and the Bible was a sure guide. You started out late with the weed gang,i started at 10. I'm an engineer today,i don't smoke.
America is a society with opportunities and freedom. Freedom that sometimes becomes excessive to your own detriment.
Africa or your main target,Nigeria,is a society with huge problems and supernumerary opportunities. Nigeria has norms and traditions curbing excesses. Some of which endanger our moral stand(excesses like Obama trying to turn us all into gays...please keep homo in America,dnt export it)
That kid is just 15,she should wait till she's 18 and outta Creflo's house and on the road to perdition.
Creflo needs anger management. Does he wanna kill her?
So logicboy,bury the hatchet. There are two sides to a coin.
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by logicboy: 2:18pm On Jun 11, 2012
jonnycheddars:
Child molestation is a global occurence. American homo priests and all that shit.
I wasn't flogged when growing up. Words were enough and the Bible was a sure guide. You started out late with the weed gang,i started at 10. I'm an engineer today,i don't smoke.
America is a society with opportunities and freedom. Freedom that sometimes becomes excessive to your own detriment.
Africa or your main target,Nigeria,is a society with huge problems and supernumerary opportunities. Nigeria has norms and traditions curbing excesses. Some of which endanger our moral stand(excesses like Obama trying to turn us all into gays...please keep homo in America,dnt export it)
That kid is just 15,she should wait till she's 18 and outta Creflo's house and on the road to perdition.
Creflo needs anger management. Does he wanna kill her?
So logicboy,bury the hatchet. There are two sides to a coin.

There is nothing wrong with gay people. I believe what happens in two adults' bedroom is left private as long as it doesnt affect us.

How many 15 year olds do you see in clubs? Abeg, Creflom spoilt hisdaughter from day one. Creflo is the failure.
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by Ishilove: 2:21pm On Jun 11, 2012
logicboy: Children in the West are better than your corrupt Nigeria. Better educated, better healthcare and better opprotunites when they grow up.

How many of your Nigerian children grow up to be Neurosurgeons, roacket scientists or CEO's of multinational companies?

And how many of our Nigerian children wake up one day,take guns and knives to school and waste the lives of their schoolmates and teachers like ur western children commonly do?
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by logicboy: 2:33pm On Jun 11, 2012
Ishilove:
And how many of our Nigerian children wake up one day,take guns and knives to school and waste the lives of their schoolmates and teachers like ur western children commonly do?

Do you live in the ghettos? These things dont happen in private schools in the West. Yes, it happens it public schools in the west but mostly in the ones in the ghettos.

Compare that to public schools in Nigeria where students hardly learn and half of them are potential area boys and conductors.

Both countries have problems. We keep decieving ourseleves that we are moral in Nigeria. Both countries are immoral.
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by jonnycheddars(m): 2:41pm On Jun 11, 2012
logicboy:

There is nothing wrong with gay people. I believe what happens in two adults' bedroom is left private as long as it doesnt affect us.

How many 15 year olds do you see in clubs? Abeg, Creflom spoilt hisdaughter from day one. Creflo is the failure.
Everything is wrong with the homo clan. Kids would be confused about the definition of marriage,nuclear family,dating.....you want your kids asking you why Bobs mom is a man? Why did Bill marry George?
I hope you ain't one of 'em bending over for Luka Rocca Magnota? Gonna get your head and your thing chopped off.
Creflo messed up i'd agree. Why would your 15 year old daughter argue with you over a party at 1.00am? She's used to years of Creflo's kid-gloves soft touch. No wonder she called the cops when she got hard touch.
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by niddamugu(m): 3:29pm On Jun 11, 2012
logicboy is a psycho!
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by logicboy: 3:34pm On Jun 11, 2012
jonnycheddars:
Everything is wrong with the homo clan. Kids would be confused about the definition of marriage,nuclear family,dating.....you want your kids asking you why Bobs mom is a man? Why did Bill marry George?
I hope you ain't one of 'em bending over for Luka Rocca Magnota? Gonna get your head and your thing chopped off.
Creflo messed up i'd agree. Why would your 15 year old daughter argue with you over a party at 1.00am? She's used to years of Creflo's kid-gloves soft touch. No wonder she called the cops when she got hard touch.

I am not gay. However, I dont judge people based on sexuality. You dont even realise that many Nigerian politicians are gay. They just keep it on the low.
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by logicboy: 3:35pm On Jun 11, 2012
niddamugu: logicboy is a psycho!

You call yourself a mugu and you think that you have the standing to call someone a psycho??

This is interesting
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by tlops(m): 6:32pm On Jun 11, 2012
opedaydydx9: Does choking μ̥я̣̣̥ daughter discipline her? Ω̴̩̩̩̥✽̤̥̣̣̣̣ , I don't tink ‎​S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ !! U̶̲̥̅̊ guys are just ‎​S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ unrealistic ! Abi d pastor wan rape him daughter!! Nawaooo

There are so many things we take for granted in Nigeria that are serious issues in western world. for instance lots of people complain about the (Financial)independence of the Nigerian Churches while churches that are dependent on the states are forced to do the biding of the state.
Correcting the your/neighbor's kids as commonly done in 9ja.

I do not think any father and a preacher like CD will intend to choke his daughter as the first way to stop her from partying at 1:00am. There must have been scuffles between the two. I do not support choking anybody not to talk of a minor, but I think criminalizing a parent because for trying to control his kids is not right too. There should be a balance in protecting the rights of the minor and building the character of the minor.

The funny thing is that the ones pointing accusing fingers at the pastor without trying to imagine what could have transpired cannot even take being slighted by theirs wives not to talk of children.

America is slightly better go to europe, you are not even allowed to scream at your kids. parents are terrified to hold their grounds with their teenagers especially daughter. Imagine being dis-allowed to argue with your kids by the court. i dont think he's failed as a parent, he must find the best way to go about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfAA8P0g5RQ Imagine a daughter calling her father a bad parent for refusing to give her alcohol to take out.

All kids are not the same, there are some that can be controlled with words, there are those you'll need more than words to do the correction and there are those that neither of the two will work for them until they hit the wall themselves.

Happy Parenting!
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by jonnycheddars(m): 7:00pm On Jun 11, 2012
logicboy:

I am not gay. However, I dont judge people based on sexuality. You dont even realise that many Nigerian politicians are gay. They just keep it on the low.

That's it....keep it on the low low.
I don't judge people based on sexual orientation,religious affiliation or what have you.
If Obama is bending over for Biden,they should do it in the Oval Office. On the low,low. Not making law. Not teaching the kids in school that...hey Hendrix, its cool to bend over for Jimmy,its new-age.
I know their are gays in Nigeria,just like anywhere in the world. Just that we don't want it to be permitted by law. Just that the only people allowed to cuddle in public,kiss in public,bend over in public if they wish to are a man and a woman!
Gays have no rights. See it whichever way you wish.
What's the topic of this post again?
Hahahaha!
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by vickydave(f): 7:03pm On Jun 11, 2012
Niflheim: creflo's church looks like a space ship?the suicide california cult called heaven's gate was always talking about space ships and so was reverend jim jones.

what has the story got to do with space ship
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by nedostic: 7:40pm On Jun 11, 2012
Let us not be too quick to condemn Creflo Dollar.It pays to strive to balance opinions rather than being opinionated. I am not a fan of his neither do I equally believe in maltreating children or stifling their potentials but I have equally heard the account of Creflo Dollars of what transpired between him and his daughter via youtube.com

More so, the Western society is 'too freed a society' for children and this is taking a negative toll on their upbringing.Without mincing words, the society is worse off in the long run.
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by Jamesmelbin(m): 2:37pm On Jun 12, 2012
hmm
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by TheShopKeeper(m): 4:43pm On Jun 12, 2012
She is a 'Hannah Montana' generation.

This incidence puts things in perspective, how can Creflo Dollar maintain his authority to preside over his congregration if he can't effectively control the 'tantrums' of his young daughter.
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by coalcoal1(m): 6:08pm On Jun 12, 2012
Beowulf:

For someone who claims to be a Christian,your username doesn't exactly sound so Christian

my thoughts too.

how can a Christian bear such a useless username (AKPAAMU).
u would expect such people to be more relevant in the sexuality section

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye / Melchisedec - Who Was This Man? / Father Mbaka Invokes God's Judgement On Those Who Speak Evil Against Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.