Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,302 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter (27302 Views)

American Pastor,Creflo Dollar Arrested For Stealing Church Funds To Buy Mansion / Man Shot Dead At Creflo Dollar's World Changer's Church / Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by ssii: 4:21pm On Jun 10, 2012
All those who are just waiting for a pastor to make a mistake so they can critise. Dr Dollar is first of all a father, and its his responsibility to discipline his daughter. If she had gone out and anything had happened to her, you will say he can't take care of his household. We were not there, but if she was choked or punched like we are made to believe, she would have been hospitalised. There is a story of 15yr old in the UK, who went to a party, fell sick and died a few hours later. The police suspect a new drug called pink esctasy that teenagers lace with their drinks at parties. Just yesterday, another teenager died at a music festival, and the police suspect drug use. Common, all you accusing the pastor, the man did right to protect his kid. Whatever he did was out of love and responsibility.
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by iconics: 4:31pm On Jun 10, 2012
Creflo A. Dollar wrote:

Good morning Everyone, as a father I love my children and I always have their best interest at heart at all times, and I would never use my hand to ever cause bodily harm to my children. The facts in this case will be handled privately to further protect my children. My family thanks you for your prayers and continued support.
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by omodapson(m): 4:55pm On Jun 10, 2012
oh Lord have mercy! Decadence has become so popular that it becomes a crime for parents to correct their children? Why?

1 Like

Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 10, 2012
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by Myself2(m): 5:00pm On Jun 10, 2012
Children in the West are better than your corrupt Nigeria. Better educated, better healthcare and better opprotunites when they grow up.

How many of your Nigerian children grow up to be Neurosurgeons, roacket scientists or CEO's of multinational companies?

What's ROACKET scientist?? does it have anything to do with ROACHES

Dumb Nigga really doesnt know what's going down with Nigerian eficos worldwide
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by logicboy: 5:04pm On Jun 10, 2012
Myself2:

What's ROACKET scientist?? does it have anything to do with ROACHES

Dumb Nigga really doesnt know what's going down with Nigerian eficos worldwide

Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 10, 2012
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by logicboy: 5:19pm On Jun 10, 2012
omo_to_dun:

And how have those eficos contributed to the development of Nigeria?

Dont mind the fake guy
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by dnative(m): 5:35pm On Jun 10, 2012
Daddy O slapped a twenty something year old witch/girl and still walking the streets of Lagos free and without charge!
Kini big deal

These American sef where nobody is above the law!!!
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by ewosk: 5:36pm On Jun 10, 2012
This i must say is the downside of the western world...Imagine what you and I would have become if not for the presumed cruelty of our parent...all those Pick Pin and lashing on the 'Yansh' and back ordered my way....Discipline i say cannot be only verbal.....Proverbs 22:15 Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.
Proverbs 13:24 He that spares his rod hates his son: but he that loves him chastens him betimes.
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by jackymfon: 5:41pm On Jun 10, 2012
Well Creflo dollar is also human besides being a pastor and this is a teenager we are talking about, they always feel like they are all knowing.... i think we should cut him some slack, his anger got out of hand and it could happen to anyone.

3 Likes

Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by Afam4eva(m): 6:03pm On Jun 10, 2012
This is why i can never bring up my children abroad. Tufiakwa.
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 10, 2012
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 10, 2012
I just read the police report , The daughter had obeyed her dad and went to the kitchen ......

Dollar faces misdemeanor charges of simple battery and cruelty to children. He has been released from jail and his lawyer said he is expected to preach Sunday.

Dollar said in a statement Friday he loved his children and would never hurt them.

Around 1 a.m. Friday, his 15-year-old daughter called 911. She told a Fayette County sheriff’s deputy that she and her father argued when he said she couldn’t go to a party Saturday night, according to the report.

She went into the kitchen with her older sister. When her father asked why she was crying, she told him, “I do not want to talk right now,” the report said.

Her father charged at her, put his hands around her throat, began to punch her and started hitting her with his shoe, she told the deputy. The deputy noted a scratch on her neck.

Dollar told the deputy he wouldn’t let his daughter go to the party because of poor grades.

The deputy also interviewed Dollar’s 19-year-old daughter, who said her father grabbed the younger girl’s shoulders and slapped her in the face and choked her for about five seconds. She said her sister tried to break free, but did not fight back. When her father threw the 15-year-old on the floor, the older girl ran to get her mother.

The deputy also spoke to Dollar’s wife, Taffi, who said she did not see the fight.

After interviewing Dollar and the two girls, the deputy asked for written statements. The older daughter initially wrote a statement that contradicted what she had told the deputy and was more in line with what Dollar said. When the deputy confronted her about the discrepancies, she told him it was because her parents were with her. Later, when separated from her parents, she wrote what she initially told him.

The 50-year-old Dollar leads the Creflo Dollar Ministries and is the pastor for World Changers Church International in the Atlanta suburb of College Park. World Changers Church-New York hosts over 6,000 worshippers each week.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/creflo-dollar-allegedly-choked-punched-daughter-police-report-article-1.1092784#ixzz1xPbIIutK
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by dasparrow: 6:30pm On Jun 10, 2012
OlowoTee: Hey! I did not mean to judge you. I'm sorry if i sounded so...

I was stating the obvious, really. There are still people who claim to be Christians but do not have personal relationship with God. Christianity doesn't work by mere profession...it is a lifestyle. It must be cultured...taking one day at a time, growing in GRACE and in the knowledge of Christ. smiley

yes, when we talk to Him, oftentimes, really He talks BACK. Sometimes laudible, othertimes through a still small voice. God could communicate with us via a third party -friends, pastors, parents etc The problem is our FAITH. Don't be hasty to conclude that there is no God in Heaven #you have just judged Him...lol

a Christian must learn to develop his/her faith in God. For without faith it is impossible to please HIM.
They that come to Him must BELIEVE that HE IS, and that HE is a REWARDER of those who diligently seek Him (the BIBLE).

Very well said!
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by omnitrix: 6:40pm On Jun 10, 2012
i am utterly embarrassed that creflo was 1st,made to take that mug shot.i'm aware that the American penal system doesn't respect persons or personalities regardless of the gravity of the offense,but c'mon this shouldn't warrant a mug shot.let me start by saying,the girl in question wanted to go party by 1a.m,my thoughts are,prob'ly the dad tried talking her out of it,she probably didn't see reason(need i remind u folks that she's under her fathers roof,and as such should live by her dads dictates)he says u cant go out @ dis time.........then YOU SIMPLY CANT GO OUT.im trying to put my self in his shoes cos i have a daughter that's approaching teenage.if my daughter living under my roof wants to go party by that ungodly hour...my thoughts would be...1am..?lots of drugs...probably she'd be gang raped....lots of lewdness...the list is endless.my people,if i speak to her in a civil manner,and she doesn't back down,I'll SLAP the smackers out of the child,and damn the consequences.the elder sister corroborated her younger sisters story...that's because they are birds of the same feather.the man has a reputation to maintain,and wouldn't want especially his kids to tarnish his image.choked his daughter?i personally don't believe these media people.and hey for the child to even get choked(lets agree she was),that means she got physical with her dad.most of these american kids lack morals y'all.I BELIEVE PASTOR CREFLOS ACTIONS,WHERE IN THE BEST INTEREST OF HIS KIDS REGARDLESS OF WHAT THE MEDIA THINKS.I REST MY CASE.I LOVE HIM REGARDLESS
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by phreakabit(m): 6:50pm On Jun 10, 2012
What am I not getting here? A [size=18pt]15yrs[/size] old [size=18pt]FEMALE [/size] wanting to go to a party by [size=18pt]1:AM[/size],and her father is getting arrested? Creflo dollar deserves an award if you ask me. This kid is obviously a tramp in the offing. I'd kill her if she was my kid . But the question here is: Why is he getting arrested for putting his child in the right path?. . .AFRICA!
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 10, 2012
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by andyanders: 6:56pm On Jun 10, 2012
@zmoni:

You said it all. It is very difficult to train or bring up a child in the United states.Also I brought my children back here until they get their first degree and understand what it takes to become someone and be responsible. America is something else as far as it concerns children as it takes the grace of God to bring up a child up in the States.
Pastor Dollar did the right thing but I knew the press over blew the whole thing. The young lady in question is an agent of devil and wants to ruin his daddy's reputation just like the children of Eli in the bilbe.
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by phreakabit(m): 7:04pm On Jun 10, 2012
omo_to_dun: ^
You are missing the point. Please learn to read. He wasn't arrested because he was disciplining his daughter; he was arrested for abusing her, by choking her, as corroborated by her elder sister. Wiser men would have taken a much more mature approach.

Besides, if he had trained his daughter properly, she wouldn't have the effrontery to demand to go to a party that late!

Spare me the morality sermon my friend. Its hard enough training kids in Nigeria, let alone the USA. . . Do you think he is a psycho? How can he just grab her neck punch her and then start hitting her with his shoe? You should LEARN TO READ AND SEE THE DISJOINTED DOTS IN A STORY.

NB: [size=18pt]Pikin wey go spoil go spoil. . . . I know a guy who pretended to be a very good kid at home, but was a huge player in cult activities at the university far away from home.[/size]
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 10, 2012
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by phreakabit(m): 7:11pm On Jun 10, 2012
omo_to_dun: ^
I'll take the word of two people(the girl and her sister) over yours! No matter what, a man shouldn't be choking his 15-yr old daughter. I have been living in the States for 7years now and never did I witness nor hear of anyone choking their children. Heck, as tough as my parents were, they never choked us. It is sure hard to raise children, but violence is never the answer.

Well that's why I am me and you are you. Feel free to have YOUR opinion, and I'll do the same.
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by goldng: 7:12pm On Jun 10, 2012
Spoil the rod... Spare the child.
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by phreakabit(m): 7:14pm On Jun 10, 2012
goldng: Spoil the rod... Spare the child.
[/size]
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 10, 2012
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 10, 2012
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by MacLovington(m): 7:23pm On Jun 10, 2012
logicboy: Children in the West are better than your corrupt Nigeria. Better educated, better healthcare and better opprotunites when they grow up.

How many of your Nigerian children grow up to be Neurosurgeons, roacket scientists or CEO's of multinational companies?

Last time I checked, Dr Iweala, Ngozi Iweala's husband is a neurosurgeon. There's no evidence that he was born/raised in USA, Sweden or UK.
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by phreakabit(m): 7:31pm On Jun 10, 2012
logicboy: Children in the West are better than your corrupt Nigeria. Better educated, better healthcare and better opprotunites when they grow up.

How many of your Nigerian children grow up to be Neurosurgeons,[size=18pt] roacket[/size] scientists or CEO's of multinational companies?

Yes! "ALL" children raised in Nigeria aren't properly educated but. . . . .
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by femikay149(m): 7:37pm On Jun 10, 2012
who here will tell me the parents have nt spanked them and sustained some injuries...pls poster stop exaggerating the stories...she had superficial injuries she wasnt choked .....spoil the rod spoil the child 15yr old dat wants 2 party at midnight...abeg bring am come 9ja make i spank am..as the bible foolishness is in d heart of a child bt d rod will remove it
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by femikay149(m): 7:38pm On Jun 10, 2012
who here will tell me the parents have nt spanked them and sustained some injuries...pls poster stop exaggerating the stories...she had superficial injuries she wasnt choked .....spoil the rod spoil the child 15yr old dat wants 2 party at midnight...abeg bring am come 9ja make i spank am..as the bible foolishness is in d heart of a child bt d rod will remove it
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jun 10, 2012
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 10, 2012
andyanders: @zmoni:

You said it all. It is very difficult to train or bring up a child in the United states.Also I brought my children back here until they get their first degree and understand what it takes to become someone and be responsible. America is something else as far as it concerns children as it takes the grace of God to bring up a child up in the States.
Pastor Dollar did the right thing but I knew the press over blew the whole thing. The young lady in question is an agent of devil and wants to ruin his daddy's reputation just like the children of Eli in the bilbe.
Now the girl is a devils agent...

Great thinking....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Finds A Beheaded Goat In Front Of His House. Photos / Man Who Woke Up After Being "Declared Dead" Holds Thanksgiving Service. PICS / Pope Francis Laments Terrorist Attack On St Francis Xavier Church, Owo, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.