Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,629 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? (16598 Views)

Can Hellfire Be Morally Justified? / why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same / What Makes An Action Morally Good (or Bad) ? - Divine Command Theory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by phreakabit(m): 11:01am On Jun 11, 2012
Morally? YES we are!. . . Reasons:

1, You don't see 16 year old "baby mommas" everywhere (Typical of Latinos and African Black Americans)

2, You don't see MOST of our teenagers experimenting with drugs: [size=18pt]Sniffing Nutmeg[/size], Bath salt, doing mushrooms or doing Salvia (hallucinogens in general, as in the case of America.

3, I am yet to attend or hear of a teenage rave party in Nigeria (You know how rave parties are).

I could mention more but I have stuff to do ATM. . . I check back later .
Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by Afam4eva(m): 11:07am On Jun 11, 2012
The difference between Nigeria and America is that Nigeria is a hypocritical country. The worst things ever known to the human race happens in Nigeria everyday but people that are incolved in such immoral acts most often get awat with it. These are the same people you see in churches and mosque praying and dancing more than anybody. At times when I go to churches in Nigeria, I feel like I'm the only sinner left in Nigeria because the hypocrisy that people display in the church is an evident that the morality of Nigerians is somewhere between abbysmal and astronomical. People keep talking about the fact that Nigerian kids are brought up better than American kids. The only area that espouses this notion is when it comes to respecting elders. Apart from that, these well brought up kids are the ones that will flood cyber cafes looking for whom to scam. They are the ones that go about selling their body parts in jankara market AKA universities in the name of atriostocracy. They're the ones that will loot the treasury if they find themselves in a political position. Let's stop deceiving ourselves that we're morally upright.
Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 11, 2012
phreakabit: Morally? YES we are!. . . Reasons:

1, You don't see 16 year old "baby mommas" everywhere (Typical of Latinos and African Black Americans)

2, You don't see MOST of our teenagers experimenting with drugs: [size=18pt]Sniffing Nutmeg[/size], Bath salt, doing mushrooms or doing Salvia (hallucinogens in general, as in the case of America.

3, I am yet to attend or hear of a teenage rave party in Nigeria (You know how rave parties are).

WHAT?! u never heard of a teenage rave party in Nigeria?? u obviously didnt go to secondary school here! lipsrsealed
Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by AjanleKoko: 11:08am On Jun 11, 2012
phreakabit: Morally? YES we are!. . . Reasons:

Apart from item 1, every other point there I have seen and experienced first hand. I could add a few, more grotesque activities to your list even.
Preponderance of not too many baby mamas under 16 in Nigeria is highly debatable. There are 160 million people. How is the population growing, or you think everybody goes to church and gets married? The illiterates nko? Many of them already have 3 children at age 20.
Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by belovedaja(m): 11:16am On Jun 11, 2012
YES
Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by bittyend(m): 11:16am On Jun 11, 2012
America is sodom and gomorrah, and hell on earth.

Nigeria is 100000000 times morally better than U.S.

Corruption in Nigeria is child's play when compared to America.

Do you guys know how much George Bush and Di.ck Cheney stole from America?? Nigeria would go bankrupt if the same amount of money was stolen from the country's coffers.

How much was missing in Iraq and Afghanistan? Billions!!

America thrives on bribery and corruption.

And don't even talk about the millions of people America has bombed off this planet in the last 15 years alone... America is the most morally corrupt country on this planet, no other country comes close.
Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by adasi678: 11:20am On Jun 11, 2012
@ ajalenkoko.you might have experienced it but it not a common practice in Nigeria has you will have here in the united state.don't forget we are talking of level of morals
Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by emsquare(m): 11:20am On Jun 11, 2012
logicboy:

Do you think that I am one of those "aje butters" that dont know what happens in villages? That is where grandpa will sleep with 16 year old girl by promising her a trip to Lagos.

Lol!
Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by bittyend(m): 11:21am On Jun 11, 2012
America is Sodom and Gomorrah, just go to Vegas, San Francisco, Miami, LA, and ATL.. grin
Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 11, 2012
bittyend: America is sodom and gomorrah, and hell on earth.

Do you guys know how much George Bush and Di.ck Cheney stole from America?? Nigeria would go bankrupt if the same amount of money was stolen from the country's coffers.

And don't even talk about the millions of people America has bombed off this planet in the last 15 years alone... America is the most morally corrupt country on this planet, no other country comes close.
tank u jor
Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by logicboy: 11:23am On Jun 11, 2012
bittyend: America is sodom and gomorrah, and hell on earth.

Both countries are immoral and corrupt. End of story.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 11, 2012
America shamelessly spoon-feeds the world with séxual immorality. Over 90 percent of the pòrn you wànk to comes from the US (cali to be precise).
Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by logicboy: 11:27am On Jun 11, 2012
J12: America shamelessly spoon-feeds the world with sexual immorality. Over 90 percent of the pòrn you self-service to comes from the US (cali to be precise).

Did they force you to m.asturbate? Blaming others for your problems?
Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 11, 2012
logicboy:

Both countries are immoral and corrupt. End of story.
it cant b both, one must b higher dan d other, it must b graded
Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by Bibankee: 11:29am On Jun 11, 2012
Parenting style is determined by parents although a child is also shapened by the society including societal laws,norms and values.
Even if a child is locked in a room all his life,he will swear at you to get the door;where on earth did he learn to swear? perhaps it's deeply rooted within. Child protection laws are good but when it interferes with parental discipline...it becomes a tool for rebellion.

Comparing Nigeria's corruption with US xenophobic imperialism isn't really applicable here. Ideally, the government doesn't dictate your parenting style, it is meant to regulate and keep your (chosen) parenting style in check. On the other hand,Nigeria's corrupt system doesn't mean some Nigerian parents can't model 'good' parenting.

'Good' is subjective...

Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by donpeluchi(m): 11:31am On Jun 11, 2012
Nigerians are just pure hypocrites!

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by adebayo6(m): 11:31am On Jun 11, 2012
nigeria has moral, u.s has ethics
Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by werepeLeri: 11:33am On Jun 11, 2012
logicboy:

Dont be stupid, I clearly stated that both are immoral. I never said that one is better. You are foolish

LOL - and you must be a swine. Go and find work to do. LOL
Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by cosmatika(m): 11:35am On Jun 11, 2012
logicboy:

Do you think that I am one of those "aje butters" that dont know what happens in villages? That is where grandpa will sleep with 16 year old girl by promising her a trip to Lagos.
It's in ur village dat such happens and perhaps ur grandpa is a chief in dat
Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by logicboy: 11:37am On Jun 11, 2012
Bleble-swag:

it cant b both, one must b higher dan d other, it must b graded

Graded? Why not solve the immorality rather than comparing your immorality with another country on a subjective basis;

America;
-Slavery of black africans
-Racism in the society
-Unjustified wars
-Exploitation and bully of other countries

Nigeria
-Corruption. Politicians behave as if the people work for them and not the reverse
-Creating poverty for its own people
-polygamy
-tribalism

Both countries are corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by Davidhoff: 11:39am On Jun 11, 2012
Neither Republicans, Democrats, nor independents give very positive ratings of to the current state of U.S. moral values. The major party differences come in Republicans' and independents' greater tendency to rate moral values as poor and Democrats' greater likelihood to describe them as "only fair." This has been the basic pattern over the last several years. So, Nigerians have all the chances. http://www.writemypapers.org/ - custom essay writing service.
Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by mrperfect(m): 11:42am On Jun 11, 2012
Is there standard to measure this?
Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by hapijany: 11:42am On Jun 11, 2012
if u ask me,i think dat both countries r morally lacking.buh d U.S....theirs is worse off.imagine a mum asking d daughter and d boyfrnd if they nided condoms wia they wia makin out in her own auz.wot kinda mum does dat in 9ja.anyway d summary of it al is dat d americans can always veer their lives to d ryt direction even wen they'v screwed up(their environment helps out lyk getting petty jobs to do yl schooling to make up 5 d lavished trust funds).buh in 9ja, u r totally on ur own.
Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by cosmatika(m): 11:43am On Jun 11, 2012
smileyHw can someone even bring up dis topic? America is beta dan Nigeria in everything both gud and bad. We neva spoil half sef wetin America don spoil reach. Thank God I'm a Nigerian[b]Hw can someone even bring up dis topic? America is beta dan Nigeria in everything both gud and bad. We neva spoil half sef wetin America don spoil reach. Thank God I'm a Nigerian[/b]Hw can someone even bring up dis topic? America is beta dan Nigeria in everything both gud and bad. We neva spoil half sef wetin America don spoil reach. Thank God I'm a Nigerian
Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by Martinezv16(m): 11:58am On Jun 11, 2012
I think the two countries are morally bankrupt due in part to thier philosophy and constitution.
Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by chikaliki: 12:06pm On Jun 11, 2012
Every country with its own problem. When you look at it from ethical angle, different individuals have different ethical belief.
some may choose to believe in utilitarian ethics, another person may choose Telelogical ethics another deontological. In all, anyone an individual choose to believe and follow is ethically right to the person performing the action.
Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by deyrock(m): 12:08pm On Jun 11, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

yes it is the village where one wife will have 10 children, but it is NOT the village where one man will have 3 wives. Wives are very expensive especially in Northern villages, even though in many cases Polygamy is allowed. but the TRUTH is that it is very rarely practiced.

as for having many children, it is done because children in the village have very low mortality due to poverty and disease, so they die young. according to their mentality, if you have many children, atleast some will survive and be able to work for the family and the girls will help gain a suitable dowry.
u are on point.
Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:11pm On Jun 11, 2012
i think Nigerians should destroy the USA and conquer it.

or conquer and destroy.
Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 11, 2012
logicboy:

Did they force you to m.asturbate? Blaming others for your problems?

The problem ain't with you wànking, even if you don't, it still doesn't take away the fact america promotes sexuäl immorality than any other country in the world.
Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by PrinceDudu(m): 12:33pm On Jun 11, 2012
mrperfect: Is there standard to measure this?

STANDARD. lol
let's just say that since America dusts Naija in everything I'd say America carries the day on this one.
Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by haren(m): 12:36pm On Jun 11, 2012
But wat Creflo Dollar did in Nigeria he would be applaused: his young daughter want to go partying and he refused, while d girl was proving heady,as a man of God he did not spare the rod,u kno?in US dats battery,in 9ja dats discipline. So? I think he did d right thing.
Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 11, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]
logicboy:

If the opinion is silly then it should be called silly.

What is with your messed up username?

My name is messed up? you must be high on meth. Just because Ku Klux Klan was evil to black Americans doesn't mean any acronym with kkk is messed up, silly! I'm not even going to keep exchanging silly words with you. Imagine this little boy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Best Friend Is Crazy About TB Joshua, Advise Please / Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? / Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.