Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers (21775 Views)

Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown / Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live / Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 11, 2012
haboosa: After a thorough examinations of all corroborating evidence i want to believe both Otedola and lawan are culpable in the sense that why is Otedola so desperate to vindicate Zenon and indict Lawan? why did Lawan collect the bribe when he knows Zenon is indicted? why cant Lawan call the attention of the security operatives when going to collect the money if he didnt have intention of agreeing to the terms of Zenon? Nigeria is in big trouble cry cry cry cry cry cry

Why is Otedola culpable when he claimed the security agencies supplied the marked dollars he used in paying Lawan? Does a sting operation mean anything to you? And why should Otedola not try to defend himself if he felt he was being extorted?
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by klairekk: 4:24pm On Jun 11, 2012
NLC, Save Nigeria Group where is thy STING :-XNLC, Save Nigeria Group where is thy STING

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by jason123: 4:30pm On Jun 11, 2012
I wouldn't be surprised if this guy was framed because he refused to be bribed!
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 11, 2012
jason123: I wouldn't be surprised if this guy was framed because he refused to be bribed!

He should have called the cops the moment anyone offered him a bribe. He didn't do that and according to Otedola, he came back for the second instalment and sent another person to collect the third!
If this is true, he is as guilty as hell.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 11, 2012
Afolabs101: We have to be careful here as the House Probe Report is IMO the most serious probe report that has been released in Nigeria's history. We're talking of allegations of fraud of over N1 trillion.

Tanbuwal needs to investigate this and demand a copy of the video and if Farouk Lawan collected that bribe, he should be prosecuted immediately. But then that will be the end of the probe because thats all GEJ needs to throw it out.

A possible scenario however:

1- SSS claims to have videos of Lawan collecting bribes from Otedola.
2- Otedola corroborates this to the media and general public.
3- EFCC invite him for a couple of days to discuss the allegations.
4- Lawan is charged to court.
5- Fed Govt say they can not act on a report in which the Chairman is accused of soliciting for and collecting a bribe from one of the subjects in the report.
6- After many adjournments and delays, Lawan's case is discharged for lack of evidence one year later.
7- No video tape is ever released and there is no proof that a video ever existed.

Disclaimer: I am not saying that Farouk Lawan is innocent or guilty, let me see the video before I judge!

You have a good understanding of how Nigeria works. If the video was used to convince House leadership that indeed Lawan took the bribe, why is it suddenly difficult to release the same video to the entire public? why?

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Demdem(m): 4:49pm On Jun 11, 2012
^^^^

I tire oooo. i will be the first to stone farouk if i see such
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 11, 2012
I said it yesterday,stealing nd lying go togeda.even a criminal caught red handed will steal plead not guilty in court.Lawan,u are a small,but great uncouth and nefarious criminal.barawo! $3 million 4rm 10 marketers...may u rot in jail
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by acidtalk: 5:17pm On Jun 11, 2012
Billyonaire: For once you made the right assertions. Now am vindicated and you need to apologize to me for all the insults you rained on my person when I vetoed the pro-Lawan nincompoops

Billyonaire = Beaf

Can you please free me for once?
There was no single line of mine from the onset where I supported or doubted the story against Farouk Lawan.
Go and get the apologies from Pro Lawan and NOT from me.

Irrespective of who is involved be it a Muslim, Christian, Ibo, Hausa, Yoruba, Efik, Isoko, Ibibio, Igala and any other tribe. My major concern is to see corruption being wiped out from every facet of Nigeria.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by dvee2: 5:26pm On Jun 11, 2012
WOW,WOW,WOW, OMG t
farouk lawan have disappointed me and most nigerians. how can he ? look at a promising young man go down. this man must be jailed no sentiment. wawan banza
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 11, 2012
Hmnnn I am convinced now, Farouk indeed collected the bribe.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by lookmangiw(m): 5:55pm On Jun 11, 2012
bayooooooo: Hmnnn I am convinced now, Farouk indeed collected the bribe.
why are you convinced now? have you watehed the said video?
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 11, 2012
lookmangiw:
why are you convinced now? have you watehed the said video?

NO I have not watched the video. But a member of House of Reps who was present when Farouk made confessional statement of receiving the bribe confirmed the details to me.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by coolted(m): 6:20pm On Jun 11, 2012
I still don't get why farouk should be demanding for bribe. It just show d desperation of our lawmakers
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by jmaine: 6:23pm On Jun 11, 2012
bayooooooo:

NO I have not watched the video. But a member of House of Reps who was present when Farouk made confessional statement of receiving the bribe confirmed the details to me.

See the long leg wey you get grin . . . . abeg, wetin be the next action of the house on this cool . . .
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by FrankC3: 6:35pm On Jun 11, 2012
I think the game is this: FL and team took the government and actual whistle blowers to the court of public opinion and got them really messed up, but it appears that he is fronting for an opposition camp. Allowing this issue to loom in public domain for some time has purpose that just exposing FL as a person, but aimed at exposing the hypocrisy of the present crop opposition masquerading as anti corruption persons. They will be so thoroughly indicted publicly that their words will seem like that of FL after now. At the end of the day, we may agree with GEJ that arresting people and clamping them to jail may not be the fist fights against corruption but actually dealing with the avenues that encourage corruption and making corruption less attractive. Ask top federal civil servants what GEJ is doing with their pay roll system so that you can get an idea of this governments anti corruption strategy.
With this happening, many people will be more careful when next they want to ask for bribe while on national assignment and that itself made corruption less attractive. Next time you wnat to bribe somebody, make sure he has no hidden mic on!
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by stanza(m): 6:35pm On Jun 11, 2012
oyb:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Hehe
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Beaf: 6:55pm On Jun 11, 2012
bayooooooo:

You have a good understanding of how Nigeria works. If the video was used to convince House leadership that indeed Lawan took the bribe, why is it suddenly difficult to release the same video to the entire public? why?

Have you heard of prejudicing a case? If the matter is going to court, you do not put the evidence before the public or it technically becomes inadmissible as evidence.
I'm not a legal expert, but there must be lawyers in the house to back this up.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Beaf: 6:58pm On Jun 11, 2012
acidtalk:

Billyonaire = Beaf

Can you please free me for once?
There was no single line of mine from the onset where I supported or doubted the story against Farouk Lawan.
Go and get the apologies from Pro Lawan and NOT from me.

Irrespective of who is involved be it a Muslim, Christian, Ibo, Hausa, Yoruba, Efik, Isoko, Ibibio, Igala and any other tribe. My major concern is to see corruption being wiped out from every facet of Nigeria.

Even when I'm asleep or in the arms of my lover, you people worry about me! Lol! Its great to be omnipresent.
Now, deal with the topic, you empty headed, lying, theiving, bribe defending scumbag.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Beaf: 7:00pm On Jun 11, 2012
Frank-C:
I think the game is this: FL and team took the government and actual whistle blowers to the court of public opinion and got them really messed up, but it appears that he is fronting for an opposition camp. Allowing this issue to loom in public domain for some time has purpose that just exposing FL as a person, but aimed at exposing the hypocrisy of the present crop opposition masquerading as anti corruption persons. They will be so thoroughly indicted publicly that their words will seem like that of FL after now. At the end of the day, we may agree with GEJ that arresting people and clamping them to jail may not be the fist fights against corruption but actually dealing with the avenues that encourage corruption and making corruption less attractive. Ask top federal civil servants what GEJ is doing with their pay roll system so that you can get an idea of this governments anti corruption strategy.
With this happening, many people will be more careful when next they want to ask for bribe while on national assignment and that itself made corruption less attractive. Next time you wnat to bribe somebody, make sure he has no hidden mic on!

Tell dem o! wink
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Beaf: 7:06pm On Jun 11, 2012
acidtalk: I am pleased with myself that I never took sides on this issue from the onset.

I wanted to mention in the previous thread that I know Zenon Oil to only run diesel importation which doesn't have the "subsidy" umbrella covering it but kept mute because I didn't have much evidence.

The best thing for Lawan Farouk to do is to RESIGN and the Judiciary should kick him to at least 10years in prisonment.

These NASS members are our biggest problem in Nigeria. It is because of the bribery cursed heads that's why every executive always get away with whatever attrocities is commited.

Let Farouk serve as a scape goat. But the problem with Nigeria is that in 2 weeks time nothing will be heard of this case again.

NIGERIA IS LIVING DEAD!!!
So so Pathetic.......

The irrepressible fool suddenly come to belated aknowledgement of common sense. You need to crawl on your knee's in apology for acting out wretched stup!dly, freely lying and spraying insults on innocent people you've never met.

...And of course, we all say a deafeningly loud "amen" to your "prayer" on your behalf... You know the drill! cool
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 11, 2012
Executive blackmail of the highest order. Farouk Lawan should face the full wrath of the law (If there is any). What he did was outright disgusting! The national assembly is the most unproductive organ of government in Nigeria and they have been exposed.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by andyanders: 7:29pm On Jun 11, 2012
Otedola's statement is just an acting. He can use any so called SSS as he mentioned by buying them over and informing them to act the way he wanted. Now, common sense will tell you that since he said that Farouk came to his house and he had SSS, why did he not ask them to arrest Farouk in person in his house with the marked money? Why did the SSS allow Farouk to go? This is just a story of a sinking man. You shouted on him when he called you and still went ahead to arrange for SSS and did not arrest him since you gave him marked money? Otedola, this is to show that you are a criminal. With the resent mode of ITC, you can use any form of technology to document any film and have it recorded.
Since Otedola said he is a patriotic Nigerian, he should have refused giving him bribe as he claimed or set him up with marked money and get him arrested.

In fact, I will not even allow such idiot called Otedola say all these if I am an investigator.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by brabus(m): 7:50pm On Jun 11, 2012
andyanders: Otedola's statement is just an acting. He can use any so called SSS as he mentioned by buying them over and informing them to act the way he wanted. Now, common sense will tell you that since he said that Farouk came to his house and he had SSS, why did he not ask them to arrest Farouk in person in his house with the marked money? Why did the SSS allow Farouk to go? This is just a story of a sinking man. You shouted on him when he called you and still went ahead to arrange for SSS and did not arrest him since you gave him marked money? Otedola, this is to show that you are a criminal. With the resent mode of ITC, you can use any form of technology to document any film and have it recorded.
Since Otedola said he is a patriotic Nigerian, he should have refused giving him bribe as he claimed or set him up with marked money and get him arrested.

In fact, I will not even allow such idiot called Otedola say all these if I am an investigator.

Common sense should tell you that Otedolas' Lagos residence is not Farouk Lawan's Constituency Office or House of Assembly.

You said they should have arrested him immediately, o boy stop watching Nollywood movies o!

What do you think serialized dollars are for?
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by acidtalk: 7:54pm On Jun 11, 2012
Beaf:

The irrepressible fool suddenly come to belated aknowledgement of common sense. You need to crawl on your knee's in apology for acting out wretched stup!dly, freely lying and spraying insults on innocent people you've never met.

...And of course, we all say a deafeningly loud "amen" to your "prayer" on your behalf... You know the drill! cool

You Bloody Freaking Son Of LUCIFER.
Don't go crying again that I insulted you because you just opened your ver own coffin.

You LOW LIFE, Drug addict gay bastard.
You said amen to the Prayer CONFIRMATING how your generation yet unboen will live and die a miserable life.

Why have you been so scared of the prayer, or did you realize the implication of how you just ruined your life and that of your unborn generation for supporting evil, corruption and lies and make the citizens suffer in frustration and hardhip?

RENO OMOKRI, for the hungry child, the old whose pension was denied, the accidents caused by nondevelopment or road and other infrastructions and the others, you and you likes will eventually have a miserable life on earth because for the crumbs you want to eat, you have put others into sorrows.

Don't dare go about crying about my prayers for you, 'cus if you do, the Wrath of God will Perish you.

You just started a new war......
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by omanzo02: 8:00pm On Jun 11, 2012
If an incriminating video truely exist about the bribery transaction, that fully renders the subsidy report 'doctored', and only good for the dustbin. Have those of u screaming don't dump the report thought about that?
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Tinyemeka(m): 8:09pm On Jun 11, 2012
Jenams: ¶ dnt understand wat all dis hulabaloo Ȋ̝̊̅s abt. Show us †ЂΞ video b4 cryin blue murder! If we nor see video where farouk dey collect dollars, otedola shud be sent straight τ̅o jail for defarmation of character & petroleum subsidy fraud. Until we see †ЂΞ video, ¶ call on GEJ τ̅o speedily prosecute every single individual indicted in ∂α† probe report!

cheesy This Otedola guy no try at all. Why him no go upload the video for Youtube or even tubidy sef?

Crappy noisemakers. Nothing would come out of all these eventually. That's the painful part. Bloody rogues. What has happened to Hernan Hembe and co after all the noise made about prosecution? This nation is really sick. angry
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Tinyemeka(m): 8:13pm On Jun 11, 2012
acidtalk:

RENO OMOKRI, for the hungry child, the old whose pension was denied, the accidents caused by nondevelopment or road and other infrastructions and the others, you and you likes will eventually have a miserable life on earth because for the crumbs you want to eat, you have put others into sorrows.

Beaf, but talk true, are you really Reno Omokri? If true, your job profile no fit any description O. smiley Kpele.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by omanzo02: 8:15pm On Jun 11, 2012
Frank-C:

Dude

Your head is very sane at thinking, but the nigeria slow ways of thinking would'nt allow for common sense, actually dealing with the avenues that encourage corruptions are what developed world we now admire used to eradicate corruption to a great extent.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by rman: 8:16pm On Jun 11, 2012
[b][/b]AND THERE GOES THE SUBSIDY REPORT!

NO ONE WILL BE PROSECUTED AND NOBODY WILL GO TO JAIL.

AND LIFE GOES ON FOR THE POOR MAN ON THE STREET.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Enice(m): 8:19pm On Jun 11, 2012
Simple questions we can ask ourselves and come to a logical conclusion are
1. Did Zenon oil collect subsidy from the PSF
2. If no, then why was it's name included among those that collected subsidy
3. Why was it's name remove.
if we answer these questions sincerely, we would come to the conclusion that Farouk is a crook. People saying that Otedola is guilty of an offence are joking! Something similar happened to Amos Adamu and we all shouted crucify him! Now the crook has been videoed collecting bribe and some are shouting blue murder!
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by omanzo02: 8:20pm On Jun 11, 2012
Tinyemeka:

cheesy This Otedola guy no try at all. Why him no go upload the video for Youtube or even tubidy sef?

Crappy noisemakers. Nothing would come out of all these eventually. That's the painful part. Bloody rogues. What has happened to Hernan Hembe and co after all the noise made about prosecution? This nation is really sick. angry

Posting the video on a public dormain will make the case in court useless, defence lawyers can easily disqualify the video and get their client off the hook, If there is a video, it will be played in court to the judges, lawyers and those present in court on that day.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by onthefence: 8:30pm On Jun 11, 2012
Beaf:

Have you heard of prejudicing a case? If the matter is going to court, you do not put the evidence before the public or it technically becomes inadmissible as evidence.
I'm not a legal expert, but there must be lawyers in the house to back this up.

Wrong. We do not operate the jury system. Its only when a matter is already in court that you may do something to prejudice it. At this stage nothing should be done to INTERFERE with investigations, assuming they are incomplete as it stands.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Zaria Massacre: Sheikh Zakzaky Sent To France For Treatment / Akpabio Formally Says Bye Bye To PDP / CCT Trial: Saraki's Media Office Raises Alarm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.