Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers (21777 Views)

Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown / Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live / Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Beaf: 10:07am On Jun 11, 2012
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by yorke1: 10:09am On Jun 11, 2012
hmmmm. . . There is still hope for this country.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by gegee(m): 10:09am On Jun 11, 2012
If ur in d house of assembly then ur a thief
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Beaf: 10:10am On Jun 11, 2012
Rewind...

Beaf: Those people shouting "show is the video" are little more than fools.
If you want to see the video, the best place to scream foolishly is not NL; take your placards to Yellow House Abuja (SSS headquarters). Lock the place down and see whether you won't be forced to leave the place with a higher IQ slapped in through your ears. LolZZ!
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Rhino5dm: 10:10am On Jun 11, 2012
Fa-crook Lawan should be in JAIL. Shameless thing.

"I collected the money as evidence to . . " shocked Damn!!

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by babsmii(m): 10:13am On Jun 11, 2012
Donmeca: Why was Otedola fighting s hard to remove Zenon from d list, if he had nothing to fear about d purchase of foreign currency without importation? What, in his opinion emboldened Lawan to demand a $3m bribe? I mean he could simply have waited patiently and prepared well to legally pull Zenon out of d report...and shame Lawan. Y agree to give bribe in a "sting operation"? Detective Femi Otedola, pls answer

INTEGRITY... if you own an international company you would understand. just chill till you own one.

i don't believe lawan will collect those monies mentioned in that manner. bribes are usually not collected in that manner, i know this and i know wat im talking about

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Donmeca(m): 10:15am On Jun 11, 2012
ozoebuka1: This is why i hate nigeria.. look at how some people are suggesting for a man dat sed d truth to be jailed dats very sad! if u jail dat man, then tomorrow u expect another man to say the truth again, right? fools! that man dat sed d truth should be protected against those gullible maniacs so dat they wont end up killing him and if there is any crime d man has done, he should be forgiven because he sed d truth and tomorrow otherz will say the truth just as he had done.

Good reasoning! And who is dat "man that 'sed' d truth" that u want is to "protect" and "forgive his wrongs" so that others will "say d truth in d future"?

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by jamace(m): 10:16am On Jun 11, 2012
Hmnn. The nation is at a standstill just for this news. Boko Haram bombing is no longer an issue. Kai, our leaders know how to divert attentions from main issues. I will tag this GEJ govt "Leadership by Commotion".

My question remains, why is Otedola just providing this information after 2 months of conclusion of the subsidy committee sitting?
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by zoomzu(f): 10:16am On Jun 11, 2012
Lets wait and see where this drama ends. If it is true that Farouk Lawan collected the bribe, I won't trust anybody on this planet earth again because I so much adire this man's astuteness. He (Farouk Lawan) should not disappoint me.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by mbulela: 10:21am On Jun 11, 2012
Lawan might be daft but i seriously doubt he is this daft.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by yorke1: 10:21am On Jun 11, 2012
zoomzu: Lets wait and see where this drama ends. If it is true that Farouk Lawan collected the bribe, I won't trust anybody on this planet earth again because I so much adire this man's astuteness. He (Farouk Lawan) should not disappoint me.
Wake up and see the handwriting on the wall. You are already disappointed!
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Donmeca(m): 10:21am On Jun 11, 2012
babsmii:

INTEGRITY... if you own an international company you would understand. just chill till you own one.

i don't believe lawan will collect those monies mentioned in that manner. bribes are usually not collected in that manner, i know this and i know wat im talking about

We are saying almost d same thing! U don't believe Lawan would stupidly drive to d Otedolas' and collect cash bribes on two diff occasions...so do I. Greater integrity wud come from d vindication i alluded to. Otedola just made a messy situation messier ...and is mentioning security agents to save face! He shud Never have got involved at all if he had no subsidy case to answer. D image of Otedola, Zenon and Forte will suffer with dis. As for waiting to own an intl coy, i will pass.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by hillsate: 10:22am On Jun 11, 2012
It is only a foolish mind that is incapable of understanding the rot of the oil industry, the ties to the powers that be of the personalities involved and how far they are willing to go to bring to a halt the fuel subsidy brouhaha and rubbish one of the finest probes ever carried out in nigeria, that will believe Otedola and his group.
Above report is a written script waiting to be acted. There is no iota of truth in it. Farouk Lawal is a man of integrity.
I tell you the truth, if there were options of buying one's self out of the indicted list of the oil companies, they would have all bought their ways out. How come with all the money paid to the adhoc committee as claimed by Otedola, we still had all the names of the indicted companies?
Otedola is the one sent by the oil companies because of his tie to the president. I believe strongly that GEJ's hands are not clean in all this.
We heard of the meetings between GEJ and the media. Time will tell.
One more thing, if the video recording were true, it should have gone viral by now.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by ydauda45(m): 10:22am On Jun 11, 2012
lacasa: [b][b][/b]When contacted, the EFCC, however, said it had neither received the videotape nor had it commenced investigations into the bribery scandal."

^^i rest my case
GBAM!!!!!
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by UncleJJ(m): 10:23am On Jun 11, 2012
Femi is stupid to blow this up. He could have used this in the future for better things. What make femi think this will change anything. He will now be seen as a snitch and a betrayer. Ths will not help the poor man in any way. Farouk will definately survive this.

Femi, however has a ton shit flying his way, and their will be none to bribe. Chei - orobi's wil always betray ; neva u frgt.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Rhino5dm: 10:24am On Jun 11, 2012

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Rhino5dm: 10:24am On Jun 11, 2012
Sorry mate, Fa-crook Lawan and other house members are just bunch of shameless thieves. I knew it from the word go, that the dwarf is just another PDP thieving bastard taking advantage of the fuel subsidy scam.

zoomzu: Lets wait and see where this drama ends. If it is true that Farouk Lawan collected the bribe, I won't trust anybody on this planet earth again because I so much adire this man's astuteness. He (Farouk Lawan) should not disappoint me.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by folahann(m): 10:26am On Jun 11, 2012
ndu_chucks: These people are desperately trying to avoid prosecution. Both Farouk and Odetola and his other Marketer buddies, should be imprisoned if found guilty of any crime.

Leadership Newspaper April 28, 2012 headlines "Marketers Offered Subsidy Committee Plane-load Of Dollars. Notable quotes from the article:

(1) “There was this incident where a marketer offered some of our colleagues the opportunity to be partners in his business just for us to allow him get away with whatever his company had done.

(2)“There was another marketer who promised to fly in millions of dollars to share to members of the committee and other members of the House of Representatives.

(3)"It was also learnt that the indicted marketer sold the false story to some media houses, which carried negative reports on the activities of the panel.

(4)"Nigerians should not be surprised at the antics employed by some people to discredit the leadership and members of the House of Representatives. This is the first time this kind of investigation is being initiated into a very sensitive aspect of our national economy.

Here is the Source of the above quotes.

Isn't it interesting that events of April 28 seem to be recurring? Sooner or later, the real truth will come out. In the meantime, lets see the VIDEO.
belovedaja:

otedola is not innocent either.
Donmeca: Why was Otedola fighting s hard to remove Zenon from d list, if he had nothing to fear about d purchase of foreign currency without importation? What, in his opinion emboldened Lawan to demand a $3m bribe? I mean he could simply have waited patiently and prepared well to legally pull Zenon out of d report...and shame Lawan. Y agree to give bribe in a "sting operation"? Detective Femi Otedola, pls answer
mai gaskiya: both d briber nd d bribee shud be jaild

Well, it's so obvious that alot of people do not read articles before commenting or they can't properly comprehend.
By what I understood, the SSS gave Otedola serialed dollars to pay Lawan
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by isquar3d3(m): 10:26am On Jun 11, 2012
damn! This sh1t stinks 2 high heavens! It's so obvious dat Otedola had smthng 2 hide else he wld nt hv been involved in a sting operation. He is just too big 4 dat na! Imagine 'litl' Farouk going 2 Alhaji Dangote and trying dis sh.it wit him. Na upside down dem go take carry Farouk commot 4 Dangote house. Both parties seem guilty smwhere. They shld b investigated nd if found culpable, jailed.
Wen d sh1t hits d fan, God don't walk beside me, he carry me man!!
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by mbulela: 10:26am On Jun 11, 2012
you are trusting a politician? sure route to hypertension.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by jamp: 10:29am On Jun 11, 2012
[size=14pt]what is the government waiting for??

the Giver and the Taker should be prosecuted!!!!!!!!!![/size]
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by ikee(m): 10:29am On Jun 11, 2012
Embarassing
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Sealeddeal(m): 10:30am On Jun 11, 2012
Let the issue continue until we get the major culprit here.i dnt trust any of them.whoever is found culpable should be dealt with
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Beaf: 10:34am On Jun 11, 2012
jamace: Hmnn. The nation is at a standstill just for this news. Boko Haram bombing is no longer an issue. Kai, our leaders know how to divert attentions from main issues. I will tag this GEJ govt "Leadership by Commotion".

My question remains, why is Otedola just providing this information after 2 months of conclusion of the subsidy committee sitting?

Because the SSS gave marked money. You give marked money when you wanna trace who spent what or who's bank account received what. They most likely waited until there was motion with the money, then... Gboza! grin
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by ballabriggs: 10:34am On Jun 11, 2012
I was going to believe a bit of this story before, but with Reno Omokri all over this thread trying real hard to push this story, it takes an idi0t not to know where this is coming from. There is blackmail written all over.

4 Likes

Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Beaf: 10:39am On Jun 11, 2012
And the brigade of fools arrives! grin
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by gbadexy(m): 10:39am On Jun 11, 2012
Am getting confused, otedola sounds innocent and confident. Let's just wait for the video.
One thing is for sure, somebody is going down.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Silva79(f): 10:40am On Jun 11, 2012
I listened to farouk lawan on raypowerfm dis morning and he said d efcc is yet to call him he also said d cabals wuld du anything 2 discredit d subsidy report. As far as i'm concerned OTEDOLA MUST BE QUESTION LIVE ON T.V, HE SHOULD SHOW US EVIDENCE LIVE 2 and i also dont trust THIS DAY NEWSPAPER.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by omodapson(m): 10:42am On Jun 11, 2012
Hmmmm, if it happens that Otedola's claim is true, then the amount discovered by the probe panel is a tip of the iceberg. Compromises made by their action would have run into billions of dollars.... Naija!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Beaf: 10:43am On Jun 11, 2012
^
SSS says the total they can trace is actually about $10,000,000.000.

@topic:

[size=14pt]House Of Reps Set For War Over $ 3 Million Oil Probe Bribe[/size]
By NewsAdmin on June 10, 2012
. How Farouk Lawan Was Indicted

Street Journal’s findings have revealed that the House of Representatives might be in for stormy sessions in the next few days over a bribery allegation that is trailing the fuel subsidy probe. At the centre of the bribery scandal is the Chairman of the House of Representatives’ Adhoc Committee on Petroleum Subsidy, the much trusted Hon. Farouk Lawan.

Findings revealed that the amount involved runs to about $3,000,000 and that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission are set to move in anytime from now. There are insinuations that the Speaker of the House has been notified by the EFCC that it intends to invite Hon Lawan and that the Speaker has made it known that the embattled legislator is on his own.

The happenings within legislative circles have gone a long way to corroborate a story published by Street Journal in February, titled “Nigeria’s House of Reps In Fraudulent Probe Of Frauds!” The story can be read by clicking the link http://thestreetjournal.org/2012/02/nigeria%E2%80%99s-house-of-reps-in-fraudulent-probe-of-frauds/ In the story, it was stated that the whole probe might just end up as a mere television show. Factors that were likely to affect the report of the panel were also outlined.

While it is being alleged in some quarters that the Honourable Speaker, Aminu Tambuwal got wind of the matter and confronted Lawan over the issue in a meeting of Principal Officers of the House. Street Journal gathered that in the meeting, Honourable Lawan was given a chance to state his own side of the story. It was gathered that he vehemently denied until the details of what transpired between him and the executives of the oil companies that offered him the bribe.

It was also alleged that the meeting was captured on video by one of the oil company officials with the aid of a pen recorder. Insinuations are rife that the video might find its way to Youtube and other websites soon. Street Journal gathered that copies of the video were already in possession of the Speaker of the House of Reps.

Supporters of Farouk Lawan within and outside the National Assembly are however telling a different story. One of the Principal Officers in the House disclosed that it was Lawan that actually blew the lid off the scandal by reporting to security agents that an oil baron had attempted to bribe him with $ 600,000.

Another member of the House also stated that Lawan had attempted to present the money publicly during one of the House’s plenary sessions but that the leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party prevailed upon him not to do so in order not to embarrass the party.

Meanwhile, the whole country is still awaiting the report of the probe of the oil sector as it would go a long way in determining how things would run in the sector.

While allegations of fraud trail the Chairman of the ad hoc committee that investigated the trillions spent on subsidizing fuel, it is being insinuated in some quarters that the whole thing might yet be a plot within a grand scheme to throw away the report of the committee. Those in this school of thought are quick to bring it to remembrance that during the much celebrated power probe of the $ 16 billion spent on the power sector by the Obasanjo administration, a similar allegation was laid against Hon Ndudi Elumelu who was the Chairman of that probe panel.

Elumelu was picked up by the EFCC and thoroughly investigated. By the time the committee submitted its damning report which indicted a former President and a number of PDP Governors, a Report Review Committee was set up by the House of Representatives and the Review Committee which was headed by Hon. Tambuwal who is the current Speaker ensured that the main recommendations in the report were done away with.

http://thestreetjournal.org/2012/06/house-of-reps-set-for-war-over-3-million-oil-probe-bribe/
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Afolabs101: 10:47am On Jun 11, 2012
We have to be careful here as the House Probe Report is IMO the most serious probe report that has been released in Nigeria's history. We're talking of allegations of fraud of over N1 trillion.

Tanbuwal needs to investigate this and demand a copy of the video and if Farouk Lawan collected that bribe, he should be prosecuted immediately. But then that will be the end of the probe because thats all GEJ needs to throw it out.

A possible scenario however:

1- SSS claims to have videos of Lawan collecting bribes from Otedola.
2- Otedola corroborates this to the media and general public.
3- EFCC invite him for a couple of days to discuss the allegations.
4- Lawan is charged to court.
5- Fed Govt say they can not act on a report in which the Chairman is accused of soliciting for and collecting a bribe from one of the subjects in the report.
6- After many adjournments and delays, Lawan's case is discharged for lack of evidence one year later.
7- No video tape is ever released and there is no proof that a video ever existed.

Disclaimer: I am not saying that Farouk Lawan is innocent or guilty, let me see the video before I judge!

3 Likes

Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Beaf: 10:48am On Jun 11, 2012
^
You think Tambuwal isn't part of the scam? Nigerians are easy to deceive. embarassed
Wasn't Tambuwal part of all Bankole's scams, when did he become a saint?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Subjecting INEC To TSA Will Be A Disaster – Jega / CCT Trial: Saraki's Media Office Raises Alarm / Withdraw Bribery Allegations Against Amaechi Or Go To Jail–APC Warns Okoro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.