Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

I Have Not Paid My Wife Dowry - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Have Not Paid My Wife Dowry (3715 Views)

She Paid My T FARE / Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry / He Paid My School Fees But I Want To Dump Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Not Paid My Wife Dowry by Richardid: 11:22pm On Jun 11, 2012
Hello pals, a woman has given me 3 children now ,the eldest one is 14years old and i have not been able to pay her dowry this was because i lost my job 10years ago and since then up till now i have not been able to get a decent job just hand to mouth sort of. The mother is not happy about it,she wants me to do it in a small way with just a few people in the fathers sitting room cos the man is getting older by the day. I am confused, this is not how i wanted it,and with all this delay i would hv liked it to be a bit elaborate. But my mother inlaw wants it now in a small way because according to her delay is dangerous. Please friends i need advice on what to do now i am confused.
Re: I Have Not Paid My Wife Dowry by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jun 11, 2012
kai, Oga pls go and do it as they say. Apparently, a wife u haven't paid her dowry isn't ur wife. What u have done/doing with her is pure fornication. She bore children for you outside wedlock and you are still looking for how to do it big? what are you waiting for? weren't you doing it big when you took responsibility of sleeping with her. Please don't let me say otherwise to you. Just go and jejeli pay her dowry, cuz if you don't, you are a thief! A very big one!
Re: I Have Not Paid My Wife Dowry by ijebabe: 11:41pm On Jun 11, 2012
For the first time (maybe last) in my life I agree with bennyass. It doesn't have to be elaborate just get it done!!!
Re: I Have Not Paid My Wife Dowry by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jun 11, 2012
ijebabe: For the first time (maybe last) in my life I agree with bennyass. It doesn't have to be elaborate just get it done!!!
ijeoma, u still dey fight me ni? when we go settle now grin grin grin
Re: I Have Not Paid My Wife Dowry by whitesoul212(m): 11:44pm On Jun 11, 2012
confused?...seriously i dont get you...let me analyse ur statements
"'A woman' gave birth to 3kids"=no commitment...else you would have said 'my lady','my love' or....
"the eldest is 14 yrs old and u lost ur job 10yrs ago"=y didnt u pay her dowry during the 4yrs interval.
'Mr confused'...do the right thing
Re: I Have Not Paid My Wife Dowry by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jun 11, 2012
Personally, I don't believe in the bride price nonsense! For cultural sake, just do it and get it over with!
Re: I Have Not Paid My Wife Dowry by ijebabe: 11:51pm On Jun 11, 2012
bennyraz: ijeoma, u still dey fight me ni? when we go settle now grin grin grin
We no dey fight, it's all good :|
Re: I Have Not Paid My Wife Dowry by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jun 11, 2012
ijebabe:
We no dey fight, it's all good :|
ok o.. if you say so kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: I Have Not Paid My Wife Dowry by Richardid: 11:59pm On Jun 11, 2012
Thank u friends, i will do it before the year runs out. It is shameful u knw.
Re: I Have Not Paid My Wife Dowry by MrCork17: 12:00am On Jun 12, 2012
Ijebe. sweeery I dont mind payin up to £3 for your dowry. Its a compliment actually! undecided
Re: I Have Not Paid My Wife Dowry by ijebabe: 12:01am On Jun 12, 2012
Mr..Cork:
Ijebe. sweeery I dont mind payin up to £3 for your dowry. Its a compliment actually! undecided
Cork stop derailing this guys thread! You don't want me yet you want to pay my bride price, please stick to one story! undecided
Re: I Have Not Paid My Wife Dowry by ijebabe: 12:02am On Jun 12, 2012
Richardid: Thank u friends, i will do it before the year runs out. It is shameful u knw.
We know and its a shame it's taken this long. Please do it and get it out of the way!
Re: I Have Not Paid My Wife Dowry by Richardid: 12:21am On Jun 12, 2012
Thanks i will just get a few pple down and do it.
Re: I Have Not Paid My Wife Dowry by MrCork17: 12:26am On Jun 12, 2012
ijebabe:
Cork stop derailing this guys thread! You don't want me yet you want to pay my bride price, please stick to one story! undecided

errmm sweeery Ijebebebebebe. the most I can offer you is just 2 goat!! angry
Re: I Have Not Paid My Wife Dowry by ijebabe: 12:33am On Jun 12, 2012
Mr..Cork:

errmm sweeery Ijebebebebebe. the most I can offer you is just 2 goat!! angry
Heeeyah, it must be hard being you cry
Will you open another thread about this undecided
Re: I Have Not Paid My Wife Dowry by Richardid: 12:48am On Jun 12, 2012
Who is this playful cork or is he a hen that is derailing ny thread. Please look elsewhere. This thread is for serious minded pple not for kids.
Re: I Have Not Paid My Wife Dowry by Rocktation(f): 12:58am On Jun 12, 2012
@OP--Not that I wish this for you, but I feel like sharing it with you.
I used to know a man that lived together with his 'wife' and kids just like you're doing now, without the dowry ish and all. Well, she took sick and died in the 8th year of their 'marriage'. But he was forced anyway by the wife's family and townsmen, to still go through with the rites of marriage, before he was allowed to bury her. He bought everything that a normal bride would need for a traditional marriage; the fineries, complete box full of expensive wrappers (abada and all), walking stick for the father, rice, meat and even printed IV cards and sent out...And she was ibo. Of cos, you know how expensive ibo marriages can be. He married the corpse properly before going ahead with the burial rites, which took another huge sum to carry out.

Like I said, I don't wish you bad, but nobody knows what tomorrow holds. There might be something that she'd need her family or people from her town to be involved in, and they can deny her over a mere bride price and treat her like a renegade. Go by your strength and do it anyhow that it can carry you. For the sake of respect, if nothing else.
Re: I Have Not Paid My Wife Dowry by Mynd44: 4:57am On Jun 12, 2012
Correction you have not paid her Bride price not her dowry.
Bride price: the money paid to the bride's family for the bride's hand in marriage
Dowry: the personal effects the bride takes with her to her husband's house

2 Likes

Re: I Have Not Paid My Wife Dowry by Richardid: 5:28am On Jun 12, 2012
Thanks very much pals
Re: I Have Not Paid My Wife Dowry by Beync(f): 5:50am On Jun 12, 2012
Don't allow shame to put in trouble. U r probably waiting for the time u will do big but u can see it's taking a decade. Like some one said, pray dat nothing happens if not well ask people dat have experience they will tell u. don't trouble ur self over what people will say go and do with wat u have. U can always celebrate as long there is life.
Re: I Have Not Paid My Wife Dowry by Richardid: 7:10am On Jun 12, 2012
@Beync......thanks so much, u r wonderful
Re: I Have Not Paid My Wife Dowry by luckgames(m): 2:36pm On Jun 12, 2012
Richardid: Hello pals, a woman has given me 3 children now ,the eldest one is 14years old and i have not been able to pay her dowry this was because i lost my job 10years ago and since then up till now i have not been able to get a decent job just hand to mouth sort of. The mother is not happy about it,she wants me to do it in a small way with just a few people in the fathers sitting room cos the man is getting older by the day. I am confused, this is not how i wanted it,and with all this delay i would hv liked it to be a bit elaborate. But my mother inlaw wants it now in a small way because according to her delay is dangerous. Please friends i need advice on what to do now i am confused.
Man up and do it
Please go with your family and pay the bride price
I hope you get a job
Get this part of your life over with
Re: I Have Not Paid My Wife Dowry by PrettyCindy(f): 6:33pm On Jun 12, 2012
Mynd_44: Correction you have not paid her Bride price not her dowry.
Bride price: the money paid to the bride's family for the bride's hand in marriage
Dowry: the personal effects the bride takes with her to her husband's house

Thanks for this clarification. I never knew dowry and brideprice mearnt two different things. Knowledge is indeed power.
Re: I Have Not Paid My Wife Dowry by Daresh(f): 6:41pm On Jun 12, 2012
Mr Man go and do what you have to do. Take her to court as well and make it lawful. You dont need too much money for that. When you have money, you can do something elaborate.
Re: I Have Not Paid My Wife Dowry by OILOFGLADNESS: 1:02pm On Jun 16, 2012
thank God that you have accepted to do it,
plsssssssssssssssssss, pay her dowry,
elaborate or not what matters is the love,

when you get the money, you can just celebrate her as you want,
God rdealy blessed you with a patience wife.

cheeerrrrsssss
Re: I Have Not Paid My Wife Dowry by LogicMind: 1:13pm On Jun 16, 2012
why do you want to pay for another human being?
is she your property? why is she not paying a groom price?
and if she was bothered, she wouldn't have been with you and given you kids all these years.
just appreciate what you have and concentrate on raising up you children.
Re: I Have Not Paid My Wife Dowry by OILOFGLADNESS: 11:06am On Jun 18, 2012
Logic Mind: why do you want to pay for another human being?
is she your property? why is she not paying a groom price?
and if she was bothered, she wouldn't have been with you and given you kids all these years.
just appreciate what you have and concentrate on raising up you children.

guy you are realy logical but some times avoid try to get more knowledge about somethings.
pls dont allow your wife to pay your groomprice instead, cos it means a lot and i kow u wont love to hear it
Re: I Have Not Paid My Wife Dowry by LogicMind: 11:13am On Jun 18, 2012
OILOFGLADNESS:

guy you are realy logical but some times avoid try to get more knowledge about somethings.
pls dont allow your wife to pay your groomprice instead, cos it means a lot and i kow u wont love to hear it

don't worry about me and my beautiful wifey.
we have long abandoned any cultural activity that would pull us backwards.

no price paid by anybody. happily married for more than 12 years. beat that.
Re: I Have Not Paid My Wife Dowry by Mynd44: 12:25pm On Jun 18, 2012
^^
the whole cultural thing does not do anything but hold you back

(1) (Reply)

Signs To Know He Is A Womanizer / Am Confused On How To Handle My Virginity / So How Do You Get Out Of The Friend Zone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.