Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,262 members, 7,839,327 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

$3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police (20203 Views)

Ikpeazu Gives Cars To Police And Doctors (Photos) / Not Easy To Get Evidence To Probe Diezani - Buhari / Presidency Probes Death Of Tortured Inmate Over Patience Jonathan’s $3m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police by Chinom(m): 1:38pm On Jun 13, 2012
omodapson: I have gone through most of the comments made and I can say most of them are laden with sentiment. I can only shake my head at how some of us reason. There is a thief to catch, he was caught red handed and we are saying the thief was not caught in the proper way? How else would you catch a thief that insisted on stealing from you when he knew you had nothing he was looking for?

Well, the last has not been heard, so I will reserve my comments for now. But if Otedola's claim is true, then Lawan has no hiding place. So far, I have not heard anything logical from the lawmaker which is worrisome to me.

Well, a bigger thief was caught using a smaller thief. If i stole close to $240million from the Nigerian state( our money). I would gladly offer someone $1m to cover it up. Either way, they stole from us.To tell you the truth, i.m less concerned about the outcome of this Farouk/ Otedola debacle. I just want the FGN to immediately start recovering our money from all the subsidy thieves. It will go a long way towards solving our power(Energy) problems
Re: $3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 13, 2012
edicolove:

The irony and stup1d1ty of your post is that you want good governance and change but you don't want facts or the truth. So since the subsidy report must not die, Lawan should be allowed to blackmail and extort money from oil marketers and importers? If Lawan is guilty, then the whole subsidy probe was a hoax. Deal with it. He that must come to equity must come with clean hands. You cannot change Nigeria thru blackmail and corruption. If Otedola is guilty, the evidence will eventually prove it. But so far, Otedola is looking like a star and I don't even like the guy.

You can shout all day and wallow in f00lishness, but that will never erase fact. GEJ has not been indicted or convicted for any corruption so your claim that he is the most corrupt president is mere blackmail and propaganda! Please man up and act like an intelligent person, even if you are not, and only dwell on facts, not your sentimental rants!

Spot on.
Re: $3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police by lanrefront1(m): 1:42pm On Jun 13, 2012
Billyonaire: Till this morning, Subsidy scam is still on going, the executive arm are mostly ignorant of the modus operandi which are perfected by the underworld mafia that controls this PMS business. I say this cos I know its on going, the most ideal thing is to remove the subsidy 100% but still grant import license for us to sell to neighboring countries without the smuggling tag, its a limitless industry. I got to step out now, later peeps.

This man, are you for real. Do you think we are all idiots on Nairaland?

So for all the matter wey dey ground and its grave implications, the only recommendtaion that comes to your mind is the goverment shoud increase price of petrol.

Why not recommend that because of this grave revelations, there is need for even fiurther investigations into the fuel subsidy regime: if necessary a new panel etc. You know things like that.

The only wey u see na increase in petrol price.
Re: $3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police by karlmax2: 1:43pm On Jun 13, 2012
Quota from chinom

The F-ool "edicolove" is Otedola's gateman. Ignore him. He has to fight for
his master

Like ur defending ur criminal master caught on tape for soliciting and collecting bribe. Its a now a norm on naira land that when an a low brain mofo is losing an Intellectual argument they resort to name calling and abuse. aster.
Re: $3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 13, 2012
Demdem:

Alleged blackmail and corruption. nothing is proven yet.
Subsidy Report must not Die.

Be careful. You have lost all objectivity. Hope all is well.
Re: $3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police by edicolove: 1:50pm On Jun 13, 2012
Demdem:

I missed this. how could I? grin grin

Iyiola Omisore who was sent to jail as regards Bola Ige's death is in a better position to tell us how much he spent to have him killed. He won his senatorial election from jail

Obanikoro who was also the main beneficiary of Engr funsho williams death should also be able to give us a well devised account of how he got him murdered

I think Nigerians deserve more credit than you are giving them. They are not f00ls you know.

Tinubu is the main beneficiary of Ige's death in his quest to become Yoruba leader. Onisore has absolutely nothing to gain from it and

Tinubu, fashola and ACN were the sole beneficiaries of Funsho Williams death. They know he would have been the next governor of Lagos without a doubt. So thanks but no thanks for your skewed theory.

1 Like

Re: $3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police by Demdem(m): 1:51pm On Jun 13, 2012
jerseyboy:

Be careful. You have lost all objectivity. Hope all is well.

well, ur opinion.
I honestly dont think so. More info still need to be gotten before we any of the parties are nailed severally
Re: $3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police by Demdem(m): 1:52pm On Jun 13, 2012
edicolove:

I think Nigerians deserve more credit than you are giving them. They are not f00ls you know.

Tinubu is the main beneficiary of Ige's death in his quest to become Yoruba leader. Onisore has absolutely nothing to gain from it and

Tinubu, fashola and ACN were the sole beneficiaries of Funsho Williams death. They know he would have been the next governor of Lagos without a doubt. So thanks but no thanks for your skewed theory.

rewind

Demdem:

I missed this. how could I? grin grin

Iyiola Omisore who was sent to jail as regards Bola Ige's death is in a better position to tell us how much he spent to have him killed. He won his senatorial election from jail

Obanikoro who was also the main beneficiary of Engr funsho williams death should also be able to give us a well devised account of how he got him murdered
Re: $3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police by debosky(m): 1:54pm On Jun 13, 2012
Kobojunkie:
Didn't the initial story have it that the SSS already had the video and audio evidence? The story from last friday suggested that the SSS was in on the "sting", and had all the evidence against Lawan. Why does this story now suggest that the evidence has been in Otedola's hands all along? undecided undecided undecided

I asked the same question, but reading the accounts in Thisday, who carried the 'exclusive' from Otedola, the accounts make more sense.

In the first article, Otedola said this:

The security agencies, he disclosed, gave him serialised dollar bills for the sting job and there are call logs, video and audio recordings in the possession of the agencies to confirm all that had transpired between himself and Lawan.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fuel-subsidy-probe-otedola-confirms-bribe-to-lawmakers/117757/

In today's article after leaving the police, he said this:

On whether he gave the police a copy of the video footage of Lawan and the committee secretary who allegedly collected the bribe, Otedola said he could not because the evidence was not in his custody.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/-3m-bribery-scandal-otedola-makes-statement-to-police/117899/

There appears to be consistency in the Thisday accounts, which corroborates the initial accounts that the SSS/'agencies' already had the recordings in their possession.

The story you referred to appears to be from another newspaper and not Thisday.
Re: $3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police by OluBendel: 1:56pm On Jun 13, 2012
omodapson: I have gone through most of the comments made and I can say most of them are laden with sentiment. I can only shake my head at how some of us reason. There is a thief to catch, he was caught red handed and we are saying the thief was not caught in the proper way? How else would you catch a thief that insisted on stealing from you when he knew you had nothing he was looking for?

Well, the last has not been heard, so I will reserve my comments for now. But if Otedola's claim is true, then Lawan has no hiding place. So far, I have not heard anything logical from the lawmaker which is worrisome to me.

Totally agree.This is scary road for NLders, a lot of pple here are thinking more with their emotions than with the intellect, a thief is caught red handed, and he has not been given enough time to prove himself( he needs a lot of it), and some pple are here arguing that due process was not followed in catching the thief? if it was your hard earned money/property stolen and recovered, will you return it to the police because it was gotten by 'entrapment'. please lets put sentiments aside and treat the case on the face of the matter.Our interest should be how to safeguard the petroleum sector, and improve transparancy therein.If Mr. Farouk is culpable let him face the music!our security agencies are already into the matter.calling each other names or playing the ethnic card is dancing to the tunes of the same pple stealing us blindly.We must give all our support to exposure of corruption, this is the way to go, let them battle out the technicalities!
Re: $3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police by kingadeoba(m): 1:56pm On Jun 13, 2012
Nigerian leaders have shown us the stuff they are made of. They should remember that whatever a man sows, he will reap God is watching.
Re: $3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police by omodapson(m): 2:02pm On Jun 13, 2012
Chinom:

Well, a bigger thief was caught using a smaller thief. If i stole close to $240million from the Nigerian state( our money). I would gladly offer someone $1m to cover it up. Either way, they stole from us.To tell you the truth, i.m less concerned about the outcome of this Farouk/ Otedola debacle. I just want the FGN to immediately start recovering our money from all the subsidy thieves. It will go a long way towards solving our power(Energy) problems

If there is a strong evidence that Otedola stole from Nigeria, he should pay back and also pay for the consequences. But the matter at hand now should be discussed without prejudice. The issue is, there is no man with proven integrity among our leaders. They all steal fro us, they are vermins, they are of the earth, they eat all that others may die!
Re: $3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police by debosky(m): 2:04pm On Jun 13, 2012
eGuerrilla:

Perhaps because the SSS is now a syndicate for hire.

Enquiring minds will like to know how a private citizen actually engages the SSS.

Are the rules of engagement published anywhere?
Got a few unresolved matters that could be moved to closure with this organisation's expertise.

Valid questions no doubt. We can speculate on how the SSS got involved, but that is arguably a side-bar conversation.

The arguably more important question is whether a private citizen can 'decide' to withhold evidence of an alleged crime from the police as Farouk Lawan has allegedly done.

Very important questions about how an impartial umpire (Farouk Lawan) expects people to trust him when he compromised his impartiality by visiting one of the subjects of his investigation at home? Why did he go?

I hope the videotape is released for public viewing - so many questions and so few answers.

1 Like

Re: $3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police by adultiph: 2:04pm On Jun 13, 2012
they are all thieves!!!!!
Re: $3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police by Demdem(m): 2:08pm On Jun 13, 2012
rewind:

Demdem: i also find this part of the opening report on the first page interesting:

Asked if the Police had recovered the money, a senior officer close to the investigation said yesterday: “First of all, the money was at no time handed over to the Inspector General of Police. Secondly, we have asked Hon. Lawan and the House to hand over the money to us and so far they have refused.

“We are told that the money will be kept as exhibit and only presented in a court of law. The question arising now is when has the House of Representatives become a security agency. What about the fear of tampering with the money, how do we guard against it if the money remains with the House?”

Does this mean that the House and not Farouk is in possession of this money? More questions.
Re: $3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police by edicolove: 2:09pm On Jun 13, 2012
@Demdem,

in your confusion, you said PDP is a party of killers and criminals but you then went on to defend an indicted PDP politician who has overwhelming evidence against him. See your life. You are speaking from both sides of your mouth and some words are beginning to fall out your ears too.

The thing I like about PDP is that we all know they are thieves and criminals. Its easy to relate to them. You know what you are in for when you deal with them. But CPC and ACN are absolute wolves in sheep's clothing. Hypocrites of the highest order. You can't trust them. They don't even trust themselves. They tell all of us they love us and want our good while with their left hand, they are pulling the rug from under our feet. Typical case of the angel you don't know! Slimy dogs and baboon!

1 Like

Re: $3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 13, 2012
Olu_Bendel:

Totally agree.This is scary road for NLders, a lot of pple here are thinking more with their emotions than with the intellect, a thief is caught red handed, and he has not been given enough time to prove himself( he needs a lot of it), and some pple are here arguing that due process was not followed in catching the thief? if it was your hard earned money/property stolen and recovered, will you return it to the police because it was gotten by 'entrapment'. please lets put sentiments aside and treat the case on the face of the matter.Our interest should be how to safeguard the petroleum sector, and improve transparancy therein.If Mr. Farouk is culpable let him face the music!our security agencies are already into the matter.calling each other names or playing the ethnic card is dancing to the tunes of the same pple stealing us blindly.We must give all our support to exposure of corruption, this is the way to go, let them battle out the technicalities!

With all due respect, @Olu_Bendel, nobody is saying Farouk should not be held to account for his 'sins'.
Rather, the demand some of us have unwaveringly advanced is that, the subsidy report should not be canned. Devoid of emotions, this much is owed to long suffering Nigerians, surely!

Personally, I would like to see the report implemented, while a parallel investigation is set in motion to explore concerns that other companies were omitted from the final report.

Is this not a fair recommendation?
Re: $3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police by Tropilo(m): 2:18pm On Jun 13, 2012
mjconcept: Wetin we go name dis movie

Thiefnessman and the Law braker.
Re: $3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police by basadenet: 2:19pm On Jun 13, 2012
The Lawan Farouk had stayed too long in the House Representative, he is been there right from inception of this 3rd republic. And for what we read recently in one of post on this very topic, it was claimed that farouk lawan had never impacted positively on his constituency meaning his constituency had never benefited anything from him, which invariably means he had gone therefor his own selfish reasons. Only God knows how many of such deal he would have been involved secretly, thank God this one was blown open. If he is guilty let him face the maximum penalty. Most of those guys in the Nigerian House of representative are nothing but day light armed robbers.
Re: $3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police by logica(m): 2:19pm On Jun 13, 2012
eGuerrilla:

This is totally uncalled for.
As far as I can tell, you are the second person in the addition to Musiwa who has brought tribal sentiments into this debate.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself.
Fvck u. The tribalists I gave a side swipe know themselves and I am glad they got well hit.
Re: $3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police by naijaking1: 2:21pm On Jun 13, 2012
eGuerrilla:

With all due respect, @Olu_Bendel, nobody is saying Farouk should not be held to account for his 'sins'.
Rather, the demand some of us have unwaveringly advanced is that, the subsidy report should not be canned. Devoid of emotions, this much is owed to long suffering Nigerians, surely!

Personally, I would like to see the report implemented, while a parallel investigation is set in motion to explore concerns that other companies were omitted from the final report.

Is this not a fair recommendation?

Why don't you see how tainted the report produced by Lawan after he collected so much cash in bribe from one of the suspects is? Lawan has never really answered why he went to Otedola's house to shake him down. Also he can't explain the many telephone calls he made to the man threatening and demanding the rest of the money as if he's the head of a badly organized drug mafia ring
Re: $3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 13, 2012
The more you look, the less you see. undecided
Re: $3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 13, 2012
debosky:

Valid questions no doubt. We can speculate on how the SSS got involved, but that is arguably a side-bar conversation.

The arguably more important question is whether a private citizen can 'decide' to withhold evidence of an alleged crime from the police as Farouk Lawan has allegedly done.

Very important questions about how an impartial umpire (Farouk Lawan) expects people to trust him when he compromised his impartiality by visiting one of the subjects of his investigation at home? Why did he go?

I hope the videotape is released for public viewing - so many questions and so few answers.

If I thought witholding material evidence from our security agencies was a necessary evil and could get away with it, while in pursuit of noble goals - why not?
Now, lest I be misunderstood, I have no proof this is FL's real intent grin
Re: $3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police by murtalaa(m): 2:23pm On Jun 13, 2012
Ok wait, well, i get. Faruk thinks Otedola was trying to bribe him, runs to the police and the police asked him to obtain the bribe $$ as evidence. On the other hand, Otedola thinks Faruk is trying to blackmail him, runs to SSS And was told to pay up and record the incidence to be used as evidence, eh? Ok i get it, this is a huge misunderstanding. Now, can we go back to the TRILLION SUBSIDY CASE?
Re: $3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 13, 2012
logica: Fvck u. The tribalists I gave a side swipe know themselves and I am glad they got well hit.

You are about as m.oronic as they come.
I suppose Otedola and GEJ are now members of the same ethnic group, tos#ser.
Re: $3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police by Demdem(m): 2:28pm On Jun 13, 2012
edicolove: @Demdem,

in your confusion, you said PDP is a party of killers and criminals but you then went on to defend an indicted PDP politician who has overwhelming evidence against him. See your life. You are speaking from both sides of your mouth and some words are beginning to fall out your ears too.

can u kindly show me in ur stupid state where i claimed he isnt guity? I'm simply asking for proper investigation to unravel the main truth because i simply dont trust the words of a Cabal member (Otedola). what is wrong with that? am also weary of the fact that because Otedola is close to the retardeen, shoddy job by the security agents could be done and that Nigerians have to watch out for.

The thing I like about PDP is that we all know they are thieves and criminals.

They themselves know they are but good to hear it from u

Its easy to relate to them. You know what you are in for when you deal with them.
of cos, fellow theives and criminals like u can nau

But CPC and ACN are absolute wolves in sheep's clothing. Hypocrites of the highest order. You can't trust them. They don't even trust themselves. They tell all of us they love us and want our good while with their left hand, they are pulling the rug from under our feet. Typical case of the angel you don't know! Slimy dogs and baboon!

This is debatable and i wont get involve in this here on this thread. Open another thread and lets talk

ANyway, its good to know that we have agreed that pdp is a party of Killers and criminals
Re: $3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police by naijaking1: 2:29pm On Jun 13, 2012
Does anybody know why the House is refusing to give the Nigerian police the 'dollar evidence'?
My theory would be that some of the marked money has since been spent!!!!
So much for trying to implicate Otedola. Infact, some of the dollar bills might have already gone through the money changing alhajis allover Abuja by now!!!
Re: $3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 13, 2012
naijaking1:

Why don't you see how tainted the report produced by Lawan after he collected so much cash in bribe from one of the suspects is? Lawan has never really answered why he went to Otedola's house to shake him down. Also he can't explain the many telephone calls he made to the man threatening and demanding the rest of the money as if he's the head of a badly organized drug mafia ring

Listen, I am prepared to concede the report may be tainted.
This is why I made my earlier suggestion that we setup a panel to investigate the concerns folks like @NaijaKing1 have.

We simply cannot continue wasting money on tribunals and implementing probes designed to ensure greater transparency within the polity, if there is no resolve to see them through.

The rest of the world is laughing at us. And for good reason too, I might add.
Re: $3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police by tribalism(m): 2:34pm On Jun 13, 2012
breaking news: lawan said its temptation (the devil) but how do i stop to admire you. oh judgment if i were disposed to stear mutiny and rage. my heart still feels for you untill .....?
Re: $3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jun 13, 2012
naijaking1: Does anybody know why the House is refusing to give the Nigerian police the 'dollar evidence'?
My theory would be that some of the marked money has since been spent!!!!
So much for trying to implicate Otedola. Infact, some of the dollar bills might have already gone through the money changing alhajis allover Abuja by now!!!

Are you a mind reader, or a psychic?
Re: $3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police by INFO70: 2:41pm On Jun 13, 2012
Is it only in Nigeria that law makers are law breakers?. Am very such the story would die down without any prosecution.IGP no co collect bride.Na wah to una grin
Re: $3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police by logica(m): 2:42pm On Jun 13, 2012
eGuerrilla:

You are about as m.oronic as they come.
I suppose Otedola and GEJ are now members of the same ethnic group, tos#ser.
See person dey call him papa mor0n. Where in my post did I say anything about the ethnicity of Otedola & GEJ? The tribalist f00ls I referenced know what I'm talking about. If you are one of them then feel the ether burn in your bone marrows.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos / Judicial Commission Okays Onnoghen As Next Chief Justice Of Nigeria / 6 Lagos Assembly PDP Lawmakers Defect To APC (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.