Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4412408 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ijeoma2728(f): 5:18pm On Sep 30, 2014
mumChristbel: Good day mamas, my one yr old princess spilled hot water from d electric kettle on her face though not the affected areabecause I quickly intervened. I don't know how she managed to pull d cord o. Anyways, it left part of her face red and her lips too is a bit scalded and charred and the lower lip kinda whitish. I ran cool water on her face, gave her paracetamol and later applied sheer butter. Mamas please what more can I do? Or should I take her to the hospital? I can't stop blaming myself

Jeez I can imagine d way u re feeling now e-hugs to u Nd ur angel.I tink ur first aid z OK,wud ve asked u to use salt or egg on the affect cos dey are very effective if used immediately but its late,I believe Shea butter would do just fine.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 30, 2014
ijeoma2728:

Jeez I can imagine d way u re feeling now e-hugs to u Nd ur angel.I tink ur first aid z OK,wud ve asked u to use salt or egg on the affect cos dey are very effective if used immediately but its late,I believe Shea butter would do just fine.
. Thanks am, I feel so relieved now. She is peacefully sleeping now. Her face is no more red just a little blister on her lips.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 8:50pm On Sep 30, 2014
Mumchristbel, thank God she s better, u can apply honey too.
Pls mamas, on d average, ow long does a tin of formular last for ur 7month old?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 10:04pm On Sep 30, 2014
On all milk the instructions is discard after 4weeks, some will say 31days so no matter the milk you must finish it before 1month.
@mumchristbel, so sorry please watch her closely you can take her to the hospital there's nothing bad about that.
tchiwinnie: Mumchristbel, thank God she s better, u can apply honey too.
Pls mamas, on d average, ow long does a tin of formular last for ur 7month old?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julijuu: 11:59pm On Sep 30, 2014
Hel0 mums pls my 6mOnths baby refused t0 eat his f00d f0r s0me days n0w pls wat can I d0 t0 make him eat again
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:31am On Oct 01, 2014
blank:

One way i do to ensure that i get the correct measure of formula to water is to mix the formula in the water as if i want to give baby to drink then i mix the cerelac with the mixture. Any remaining milk will be given as food to the baby after eating the cereal. If the baby is just starting solids, then make it light and then thicker as the baby gets used to it.
tanx dear,ur advice is truly appreciated
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:34am On Oct 01, 2014
tchiwinnie: u re welcome dear. Its worth it indeed. ope ur baby s tolerating d ogi u made.
I never start it yet,bt I will soon start it for him,the cost of cerelac is too expensive
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:39am On Oct 01, 2014
ritawine2: Hello mum and doctors in da huz, my 8 month baby's poo is waterly but not much and sth he pollutes air, some drops, I change diaper like 3 to 4 things before evening,what can I do to make it stop.
it sounds like teething,take ur baby to d paed for them to recommend something to stop the diarrhea,or u can use mist kaolin,the doctor recommend dat for my baby when he was having diarrhea too much then
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:46am On Oct 01, 2014
mumChristbel: Good day mamas, my one yr old princess spilled hot water from d electric kettle on her face though not much because I quickly intervened. I don't know how she managed to pull d cord o. Anyways, it left part of her face red and her lips too is a bit scalded and charred and the lower lip kinda whitish. I ran cool water on her face, gave her paracetamol and later applied sheer butter. Mamas please what more can I do? Or should I take her to the hospital? I can't stop blaming myself
eish,its well,why would u leave a hot water with a baby,though babies re so naughty and fast,bt u must try to remove anything harmful around them,pls take ur baby to d paed,u re nt a doctor,so they can treat d burns and give him medication,he may need antibiotics becos of some possiible infection at d wound site,so pls dnt use self medication for ur baby in dis kind of case,try to remove anything harmful around ur baby surrounding,its well,God will make us eat d fruit of our labour on our children
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:51am On Oct 01, 2014
julijuu: Hel0 mums pls my 6mOnths baby refused t0 eat his f00d f0r s0me days n0w pls wat can I d0 t0 make him eat again
u can give him vitamin B complex so as to increase his appetite for food,and more also ,what kind of food re u giving him to eat,and I also think its a teething related problem,u must force him to eat
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:55am On Oct 01, 2014
Hello mums,pls advice me on dis,when giving my soon to be 8month baby food (cerelac),he sometimes wants to throw up,which I usually blow wind on his head to prevent vomiting,what did u think it is,is it also a teething related problem,though he has two teeths in his mouth which come out recently,and he also like to bite me while breastfeeding him
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 8:49am On Oct 01, 2014
@Mojayo I De hail o.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iyaakanran: 9:10am On Oct 01, 2014
Whenever i read your post, i always laugh because you are one kind of a comedian...
MojAyo: Hello mums,pls advice me on dis,when giving my soon to be 8month baby food (cerelac),he sometimes wants to throw up,which I usually blow wind on his head to prevent vomiting,what did u think it is,is it also a teething related problem,though he has two teeths in his mouth which come out recently,and he also like to bite me while breastfeeding him

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Horlazuncanmi(m): 9:28am On Oct 01, 2014
Mothers in the house, I need your advice on what to do, My a Month plus baby usually poo every 3 days,and when he poo,the poo is very much.pls is it normal

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ehiblessing(f): 10:32am On Oct 01, 2014
Horlazuncanmi: Mothers in the house, I need your advice on what to do, My a Month plus baby usually poo every 3 days,and when he poo,the poo is very much.pls is it normal

Yea its normal, imagine when u dnt poo 4 3days wht happens so as far is not very watery
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ehiblessing(f): 10:47am On Oct 01, 2014
MojAyo na me hail you pass lovina sef if I had seen all dis ur questions b4 getting pregnant I wud nt ve Lol, motherhood is nt hard d way u c it just enjoy d ride and 4 d nipple maybe cos its so sweet lol d boy is exercising his teeth come christmas to eat his chicken, I swear u re a comedian just as sum1 has said
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 11:07am On Oct 01, 2014
ehiblessing: MojAyo na me hail you pass lovina sef if I had seen all dis ur questions b4 getting pregnant I wud nt ve Lol, motherhood is nt hard d way u c it just enjoy d ride and 4 d nipple maybe cos its so sweet lol d boy is exercising his teeth come christmas to eat his chicken, I swear u re a comedian just as sum1 has said
You don see this kain mother before, see all d correct advice wey she give before she come land her own kweshion. Mojiayo double tuale for you o kai
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 01, 2014
lovinam: @Mojayo I De hail o.
hello,if u dnt ve anything to say,stop replying me,someone in need ask a question,with a little experience I ve,I reply d person back,what's so funny about dat
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
lovinam: You don see this kain mother before, see all d correct advice wey she give before she come land her own kweshion. Mojiayo double tuale for you o kai
u can shut d Bleep up,cos u dnt ve something tangible to reply d person in need,so pls stop quoting my name,and also d advice I gave,its no joke,I was once a nurse before,and d little I knw about motherhood,dats what I answer here,so pls shut d Bleep up,and focus on ur child and ur life
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 01, 2014
ehiblessing: MojAyo na me hail you pass lovina sef if I had seen all dis ur questions b4 getting pregnant I wud nt ve Lol, motherhood is nt hard d way u c it just enjoy d ride and 4 d nipple maybe cos its so sweet lol d boy is exercising his teeth come christmas to eat his chicken, I swear u re a comedian just as sum1 has said
its no joke,seriously,ignorance is vry bad,tanx dear for ur advice
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 01, 2014
iyaakanran: Whenever i read your post, i always laugh because you are one kind of a comedian...
I may be a comedian,bt there is some fact in what I'm saying
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 12:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
MojAyo: u can shut d Bleep up,cos u dnt ve something tangible to reply d person in need,so pls stop quoting my name,and also d advice I gave,its no joke,I was once a nurse before,and d little I knw about motherhood,dats what I answer here,so pls shut d Bleep up,and focus on ur child and ur life
I strongly believe as a nurse you went thru series of training that required a lot of reading. If you read my post well I simply wondered how someone that gave such a sound advice will ask such a question. I have never insulted you but if you want me to...........bring it on. Mchew
I think you be nurse Eliza sha cos no nurse will ask such silly and stupid questions you have been posting here. Park well juo

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 01, 2014
lovinam: I strongly believe as a nurse you went thru series of training that required a lot of reading. If you read my post well I simply wondered how someone that gave such a sound advice will ask such a question. I have never insulted you but if you want me to...........bring it on. Mchew
I think you be nurse Eliza sha cos no nurse will ask such silly and stupid questions you have been posting here. Park well juo
if my post is vry silly to u,then stop replying me,must u reply,and ve u ever seen someone dat knws all in dis life,with u little wisdom u ve,u use it to help others,and with d other ones u dnt knw,u ask,Its only a fool dat dnt ask question,doing as if u re mr perfect in knowledge is vry bad
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 01, 2014
lovinam: I strongly believe as a nurse you went thru series of training that required a lot of reading. If you read my post well I simply wondered how someone that gave such a sound advice will ask such a question. I have never insulted you but if you want me to...........bring it on. Mchew
if my post is vry silly to u,then stop replying me,must u reply,and ve u ever seen someone dat knws all in dis life,with u little wisdom u ve,u use it to help others,and with d other ones u dnt knw,u ask,Its only a fool dat dnt ask question,doing as if u re mr perfect in knowledge is vry bad ,and u calling me nurse eliza,what ve u achieved
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 1:07pm On Oct 01, 2014
MojAyo: u can shut d Bleep up,cos u dnt ve something tangible to reply d person in need,so pls stop quoting my name,and also d advice I gave,its no joke,I was once a nurse before,and d little I knw about motherhood,dats what I answer here,so pls shut d Bleep up,and focus on ur child and ur life
I strongly believe as a nurse you went thru series of training that required a lot of reading. If you read my pos[sup][/sup][sub][/sub][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]t well I simply wondered how someone that gave such a sound advice will ask such a question. I have never insulted you but if you want me to...........bring it on. Mchew
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 1:13pm On Oct 01, 2014
MojAyo: if my post is vry silly to u,then stop replying me,must u reply,and ve u ever seen someone dat knws all in dis life,with u little wisdom u ve,u use it to help others,and with d other ones u dnt knw,u ask,Its only a fool dat dnt ask question,doing as if u re mr perfect in knowledge is vry bad ,and u calling me nurse eliza,what ve u achieved
I will reply anytime I feel like o. Stop wasting space here, if you are observant you would have noticed people don't take you serious. Good thing you have shown your true colour. I seriously hope you don't practice ur half baked nursing anymore. Your ignorance is an insult to nurses worldwide.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 01, 2014
lovinam: I will reply anytime I feel like o. Stop wasting space here, if you are observant you would have noticed people don't take you serious. Good thing you have shown your true colour. I seriously hope you don't practice ur half baked nursing anymore. Your ignorance is an insult to nurses worldwide.
with what u write here,dats why I dnt like nigerian people,cos they re ill mannered and dnt knw how to talk,bt I can't blame them,its their sufferness and frustration in d country dat makes them insult people,seriously,I hate nigerian peeps,I only like my family dat re nigerians,u really ve issues,can't blame u,so sorry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 1:42pm On Oct 01, 2014
MojAyo: with what u write here,dats why I dnt like nigerian people,cos they re ill mannered and dnt knw how to talk,bt I can't blame them,its their sufferness and frustration in d country dat makes them insult people,seriously,I hate nigerian peeps,I only like my family dat re nigerians,u really ve issues,can't blame u,so sorry
Na your frustrations De disturb you.Pls go back to school and educate yourself prproperly. I actually went thru your profile, I understand your frustrations but taking it out on me will not help you in anyway. Pls go and look for a job, you will feel a lot better with yourself.
Seriously don't abuse me again cos you won't like what you will get in return. I apologise if you felt insulted but the truth had to be said. I wish you all the best with your baby.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iyaakanran: 1:45pm On Oct 01, 2014
No one is againt you my dear, so don't take it hard on yourself.
MojAyo: with what u write here,dats why I dnt like nigerian people,cos they re ill mannered and dnt knw how to talk,bt I can't blame them,its their sufferness and frustration in d country dat makes them insult people,seriously,I hate nigerian peeps,I only like my family dat re nigerians,u really ve issues,can't blame u,so sorry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jboixxx: 1:50pm On Oct 01, 2014
Cut MojAyo some slack, folks. She does ask "funny questions" atimes, but that doesn't make them irrelevant. Some of us must have, in one way or another, gained from responses given. None knows it all & we don't know where others came from. If you're not comfortable with her question, just pass by but it can do a lot of good to answer politely when responding to post.
MojAyo, nauseousness or choking (whichever d case) has nothing to do with teething. At some point, you do feel same too, but I guess it happens mostly while eating/drinking. Don't rush his food, you don't have to fill his spoon to d brim either, & don't force him to eat more when he's full.
Remember, nursing a child requires patience. Google is your real-time friend; it is always available for you.

@All: let's watch our utterances; we're all matured

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.