Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4392206 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:41am On Sep 24, 2014
bossladyMo:

Pls Pls, don't use agbo. Agbo is a medicine, just like any other drug in the pharmacy and it has no dosage! Pls, your baby's liver is still young...don't overload it just because they say agbo is natural.
yeah,bt just a tiny liTtle bit will do,I'm nt saying of her overloading d agbo for him,seriously it do works,agbo is what these pharmaceutical transform into modern medicine dis days,about d dosage,dats why I said a tiny little bit will do,ciao
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by empro07: 1:33am On Sep 24, 2014
Hello mothers,am a father I need help on my 2 years old girl..sumtimes last week she had a serious flu by midnight she ran a very high temp and convusted in a bid to revive her n safe her mothes finger which was btw her teeth I had to force a little part of a spoon in her mouth she did responded mornin we consulted a doctor who gave her treatment for malaria..she medicated on malaria drugs n antibiotics..she is fully recoverd now but days ago we discover'd sour in her mouth which makes her unable to eat..we were told it's called ma je ata(yoruba)dat we should use lime in cleaning her mouth and then administer folic acid and vit C..now she as started eatin well,but yet still feels pain as we discoverd dat each area we treated is been healed..either new ones are emerging who we just dn't see some sour ealier..am very scared as she bleeds in her mouth at every little touch and smells each time she wakes from sleep..cld it b.d spoon that injured her in the mouth or the antibiotics that pushed d infection out in her mouth as sum1 said or the ma je ata as yoruba call it...thou d places in her mouth dat d sour's are places I doubt d spoon actualy reached..pls advice what could be the cos n wat else can we use besides d above mentioned medication
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:27am On Sep 24, 2014
bossladyMo:

Pls buy formula for your baby, and don't substitute with soya milk or whatever. There is a reason it is called FORMULA. It is formulated specifically to contain all the nutrient your baby needs in the right amount and proportions. Buy a good formula and add to your baby's pap.

Also, I would avoid putting anything like crayfish or nuts in yourbby's food for now. Some babies are allergic to crayfish and nuts at this young age. If you are worried about protein, the formula you add will make up for that.
dear,about d pap issue,the corn,guinea corn and millet,am I going to soak it all together or differently
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:38am On Sep 24, 2014
FINA4804: @mojayo, just as bossladymo has said, for me then when I was using pap I put the soyabeans the morning mi want to grind, if you have the time you can do all the frying but you still have to use formula and start with little to see if your baby likes it. For me after going through the hard work my baby rejected it so she doesn't take pap and she is very healthy but I pray yours will receive it.
dear,when u want to soak d(corn,guinea corn and millet)do u soak it altogether or separately
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 9:15am On Sep 24, 2014
empro07: Hello mothers,am a father I need help on my 2 years old girl..sumtimes last week she had a serious flu by midnight she ran a very high temp and convusted in a bid to revive her n safe her mothes finger which was btw her teeth I had to force a little part of a spoon in her mouth she did responded mornin we consulted a doctor who gave her treatment for malaria..she medicated on malaria drugs n antibiotics..she is fully recoverd now but days ago we discover'd sour in her mouth which makes her unable to eat..we were told it's called ma je ata(yoruba)dat we should use lime in cleaning her mouth and then administer folic acid and vit C..now she as started eatin well,but yet still feels pain as we discoverd dat each area we treated is been healed..either new ones are emerging who we just dn't see some sour ealier..am very scared as she bleeds in her mouth at every little touch and smells each time she wakes from sleep..cld it b.d spoon that injured her in the mouth or the antibiotics that pushed d infection out in her mouth as sum1 said or the ma je ata as yoruba call it...thou d places in her mouth dat d sour's are places I doubt d spoon actualy reached..pls advice what could be the cos n wat else can we use besides d above mentioned medication

Once a child is running temperature, don't let her get to the point of convulsion. Give her paracetamol immediately then sponge her down with lukewarm water (tepid not cold water o).

As for the sores, its a reaction a lot of people get after malaria not cause of the spoon. I don't really know why. Cool foods and drinks can help relieve discomfort, and ibuprofen or acetaminophen may also ease the pain. Use only soft-bristle toothbrushes and be careful not to brush too hard. Avoid spicy, salty, and acidic foods (such as lemons and tomatoes), which can aggravate tender mouth sores. Give folic acid, B12 and Vit C

With time, they should fade away. If it continues past 7days, consult your doctor.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by otonzy(f): 9:57am On Sep 24, 2014
Hello to all the sabi mamas,I'm 20 weeks now,thank God I'm past the weakness n puking stage,pls I want to know if it's okay to take zobo drinks instead of the usual minerals,thanks for ur replies
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by empro07: 2:00pm On Sep 24, 2014
[/quote]As for the sores, its a reaction a lot of people get after malaria not cause of the spoon. I don't really know why. Cool foods and drinks can help relieve discomfort, and ibuprofen or acetaminophen may also ease the pain. Use only soft-bristle toothbrushes and be careful not to brush too hard. Avoid spicy, salty, and acidic foods (such as lemons and tomatoes), which can aggravate tender mouth sores. Give folic acid, B12 and Vit C
[quote]

Thank u so much...to know I was not almost destroy my princess mouth myself is gud..Guilt almost took d bettar part of me
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by empro07: 2:01pm On Sep 24, 2014
[/quote]As for the sores, its a reaction a lot of people get after malaria not cause of the spoon. I don't really know why. Cool foods and drinks can help relieve discomfort, and ibuprofen or acetaminophen may also ease the pain. Use only soft-bristle toothbrushes and be careful not to brush too hard. Avoid spicy, salty, and acidic foods (such as lemons and tomatoes), which can aggravate tender mouth sores. Give folic acid, B12 and Vit C
[quote]

Thank u so much...to know I was not almost destroying my princess mouth myself is gud..Guilt almost took d bettar part of me
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 11:25pm On Sep 24, 2014
bossladyMo: Also, sudocrem is for the bumbum, and no where else. Don't put sudocrem on your baby's arms legs or face ooo...so as to avoid stories that touch!
pls check d container well. sudocream isnt only for d bumbum
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:34am On Sep 25, 2014
tchiwinnie: pls check d container well. sudocream isnt only for d bumbum
tanx dear
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julijuu: 1:55pm On Sep 25, 2014
@mojayo yes s0ak it together f0r 2days dats h0w I d0 mine and yes fomula is best
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julijuu: 1:57pm On Sep 25, 2014
@0t0nzY yes Z0b0 1s 0k better Dan minerals
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iyaakanran: 3:25pm On Sep 25, 2014
@otonzy;,i don't think zobo is harmful because i drank it like water when i was pregnant and nothing happened to my baby,but i will still say moderation is the key word in pregnancy.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iyaakanran: 3:36pm On Sep 25, 2014
Milk is essential for your baby,pls don't substitute for Any other thing you can use soya beans but don't forget to add milk
MojAyo: Hello mothers,I've bought d ingredients to make my babys pap(ogi)-(corn,guinea corn and millet with soya beans)they said I need to soak d corn,guinea corn and millet for three days,am I going to soak everything altogether or separately,and for d soya beans,they said I will fry it till its vry dry,then put groundnut,crayfish and fish into it,then I will ground d soya beans into powder and use it as baby milk inside d pap(ogi),how true dis is,pls somebody should pls explain to me better on how to make my babys pap and d soya beans,and really,I'm thinking about buying baby milk to add to his ogi(pap)which one is d best,mothers,soya beans made into milk or baby milk inside a can,tanx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by otonzy(f): 4:35pm On Sep 25, 2014
[quote thanks so much author=iyaakanran]@otonzy;,i don't think zobo is harmful because i drank it like water when i was pregnant and nothing happened to my baby,but i will still say moderation is the key word in pregnancy.[/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 8:49pm On Sep 25, 2014
@empro07, please the cure for that sore is vitamin B12. It is sold in all pharmacy. Ask your doctor if she can take it. Ask for B12 or tongue peel. I normally experience it alot recently I saw the supplement and it has being helpful. But just as someone has said it may be post maleria effect that will stop on its own.
@moyAyo, I normally soak everything together for two days
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 25, 2014
julijuu: @mojayo yes s0ak it together f0r 2days dats h0w I d0 mine and yes fomula is best
tanx dear
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:45pm On Sep 25, 2014
iyaakanran: Milk is essential for your baby,pls don't substitute for Any other thing you can use soya beans but don't forget to add milk
tanx,I will only do d pap and remove d soya beans,then I will add formula
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ritawine2: 9:24am On Sep 26, 2014
Hello mummy's in da house,pls my 8 month son due stand and walk around d table on his toes ,what will I do to make him stand normal,and also I hv been using babies cream on his body and someone told me is not good is better I use only oil that is baby oil or vaselin.I need advise on dis pls
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 26, 2014
ritawine2: Hello mummy's in da house,pls my 8 month son due stand and walk around d table on his toes ,what will I do to make him stand normal,and also I hv been using babies cream on his body and someone told me is not good is better I use only oil that is baby oil or vaselin.I need advise on dis pls

My son did that too, around that same age. Now he is walking normal and does not tip toe anymore. Don't worry, he will 'normalise' soon.

It depends on the kind of cream ypu are using. Is it a moisturising lotion? What exactly is written on d pack?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by esmeralda1(f): 12:54pm On Sep 26, 2014
Hello mummies in the house, my 9 months old daughter, doesn't like pap at all, she feeds well however on cereal pls hope it doesn't mean if she doesn't take d pap at all, how can I use formular for her since she doesn't take pap. Thank u
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 3:05pm On Sep 26, 2014
It doesn't matter, my baby do not take pap, just give her the cereal she likes and add the formula to her cereal
esmeralda1: Hello mummies in the house, my 9 months old daughter, doesn't like pap at all, she feeds well however on cereal pls hope it doesn't mean if she doesn't take d pap at all, how can I use formular for her since she doesn't take pap. Thank u
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by esmeralda1(f): 4:09pm On Sep 26, 2014
FINA4804: It doesn't matter, my baby do not take pap, just give her the cereal she likes and add the formula to her cereal
Thanks for d reply
I never knew formular can be added to cereal, on d container it is instructed to just add water.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 26, 2014
esmeralda1:
Thanks for d reply
I never knew formular can be added to cereal, on d container it is instructed to just add water.

Even when it says water, i still add formula. You can also give your baby bottles of formula to drink, without adding anything.

Formula can also be incorporated into othrr foods like mashed potato, beans...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jboixxx: 6:57pm On Sep 26, 2014
bossladyMo:

Even when it says water, i still add formula. You can also give your baby bottles of formula to drink, without adding anything.

Formula can also be incorporated into othrr foods like mashed potato, beans...
Sorry, is formula=baby milk? If that's so, some cereals are originally prepared with milk, thus, it's not advisable to add formula. You could prepare milk solution for your LO separately. You could add to pap, oat meal, puree, etc.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 26, 2014
jboixxx:
Sorry, is formula=baby milk? If that's so, some cereals are originally prepared with milk, thus, it's not advisable to add formula. You could prepare milk solution for your LO separately. You could add to pap, oat meal, puree, etc.

Formula is baby milk, yea. Cereals like cerelac say no need for milk, but I like to make mine richer by adding extra milk....doesn't hurt.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jboixxx: 9:44pm On Sep 26, 2014
bossladyMo:

Formula is baby milk, yea. Cereals like cerelac say no need for milk, but I like to make mine richer by adding extra milk....doesn't hurt.
Doesn't hurt, really OK
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 9:59pm On Sep 26, 2014
Yes mothers I add formula to all my babies food because she does not drink milk and you know it is needed, so like a mum say to make it richer and most times the milk they add is not just enough well if hou want to follow instructions you can go for food that do not have milk like gerber products, heinz packet, cow and gate. Etc.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:40pm On Sep 26, 2014
jboixxx:
Doesn't hurt, really OK

Look at it this way....your baby takes cerelac that has milk added already, and after he is done, drinks a 5oz bottle of formula to top up.....AND....you mix in the 5oz bottle he would have taken with the cerelac, and feed.
It still boils down to the same thing.

It's just like saying because Milo, for example, already contains milk, so you shouldn't add milk again....but we all know it still requires milk to taste better.

The only harm is if you don't mix the formula with the right amount of water.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 26, 2014
FINA4804: Yes mothers I add formula to all my babies food because she does not drink milk and you know it is needed, so like a mum say to make it richer and most times the milk they add is not just enough well if hou want to follow instructions you can go for food that do not have milk like gerber products, heinz packet, cow and gate. Etc.

Exactly. My son didn't even like it without the extra milk. Besides, he wasn't eating, so I needed to get the required amount of formula into him, one way or the other...so I put it in almost everything he ate, from beans to rice cereal to cerelac.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jboixxx: 6:39am On Sep 27, 2014
bossladyMo:

Look at it this way....your baby takes cerelac that has milk added already, and after he is done, drinks a 5oz bottle of formula to top up.....AND....you mix in the 5oz bottle he would have taken with the cerelac, and feed.
It still boils down to the same thing.

It's just like saying because Milo, for example, already contains milk, so you shouldn't add milk again....but we all know it still requires milk to taste better.

The only harm is if you don't mix the formula with the right amount of water.
OK. We learn everyday....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stone07(m): 8:41am On Sep 27, 2014
Hello doctors and mothers in d house.My son of two months plus have been having sleepless nite. During d nite d baby always stretches,push and grunt with deep sound that comes from his throat. He does this in every 5 minutes and this discomfort don't allow my son to sleep in d night. He also does this during d day.
We have seen doctors but all what they said is it is normal that d baby is ok. He does not have temperature but we know he is having discomfort.
Please doctors and mother in the house assist me on this because my wife also can not sleep.

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.