Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,668 members, 7,959,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 09:25 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4552728 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chikkyberry: 12:09pm On Sep 16, 2014
Thanks very much I'll stat doin dat today. Pls peopl wats jedi jedi. How can it b diffrentiated from diaper rash.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 16, 2014
yemstico: Mojayo you can boil the tap water,once its cool just put in a clean bottle,by so doing d water is safe for consumption for ur baby. -if water reaches boiling point it has killed almost all d germs in it.
can I also give him d water for drinking or only to mix his cereals
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by okirewaju(f): 6:57pm On Sep 16, 2014
MojAyo: can I also give him d water for drinking or only to mix his cereals
You can give him that to drink also.

As long as you ensure the water is boiled and cool then your baby can drink it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jiro(f): 10:55pm On Sep 17, 2014
Good evening everyone I hope all our little ones are doing great. I need help my 2 year old son is refusing to eat solids only purees what do I do. he'll be starting school soon what do I give him for lunch?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by yemstico: 10:30am On Sep 18, 2014
Yes mojayo u can give him to him drink like okirewaju also said. Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 11:28am On Sep 18, 2014
jiro: Good evening everyone I hope all our little ones are doing great. I need help my 2 year old son is refusing to eat solids only purees what do I do. he'll be starting school soon what do I give him for lunch?
just continue giving him what he likes when he starts school put adult food in his lunch box he will eat the teachers know how they do it.my neighbours child was like that
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Haryoryhemie(f): 11:58am On Sep 18, 2014
chikkyberry: Thanks very much I'll stat doin dat today. Pls peopl wats jedi jedi. How can it b diffrentiated from diaper rash.

its not d same with diaper rash. Jedi Jedi is pile, diaper rashes is different
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by debbie(f): 7:37pm On Sep 18, 2014
Hello mamas in the house,how is our little babies doing? To the experienced ones i say thank you,to the learners don't hate yourself when you think you are not getting it right....i was once like that.
Meanwhile i have something important to share with us,it is the importance of SOYBEANS for our babies.It is rich in protein and also a good supplement to infants from above 6months who dont like taking beans.I add it to my girls cereal,pap,oat and tea with the milk of my choice and it has really helped boost their immune system.

If you wish to have the soybean powder and you cant find where they sell the unadulterated one,i make and sell it both in small and large quantities.If you are interested or you know anyone who is,kindly let me know.We are presently in Lagos but distribute to other states both far and near.We also distribute to those outside Nigeria,but presently in UK,but if need be we can also extend to other places.I bet you natural food,well prepared is the best and safe.

It can last for more than 4 months when stored in a dry plastic can......So as producer and a user,i encourage us to add it to our children's meal.
NOTE-if you have any question,you can ask

Back to my night duty smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babe01: 9:39am On Sep 20, 2014
good morning all, pls i need advice o. what can i use to cure diaper rash and also the ones on the face of my baby, my MIL said she wants to go and prepare agbo(native medicine), i dnt like the idea at all. pls i need to know if anyone can help me with another alternative.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 20, 2014
babe01: good morning all, pls i need advice o. what can i use to cure diaper rash and also the ones on the face of my baby, my MIL said she wants to go and prepare agbo(native medicine), i dnt like the idea at all. pls i need to know if anyone can help me with another alternative.

For Diaper rash - Use sudocrem, and while using the sudocrem, ensure you air his/her bum. Then after it clears, ensure you change your baby's diapers regularly. Also, ensure you use a barrier cream e.g vaseline at each diaper change. Then if possible, try a different brand of diapers...I can vouch for huggies and the imported pampers (swaddlers or dry nights).

For the face - My baby had the same issues. What I did was stop using any form of oinrment on his body e.g ori or adiagbon. I also stopped covering his head with those infant caps. I stopped wrapping him up in shawls and thick blankets...used flannels instead. Then most of all, I switched his soap to sebamed...you can also use aveeno if sebamed isn't readily available....they are both good.

Pls stay off any form of agbo or steroid creams. People seem to forget that agbo is a medicine, and their liver is not yet strong enough to process all these agbos and all.

Then one more thing for the face rash - Ensure whoever is carrying your baby and your baby's beddings are cotton. My baby's face would break out in a rash if he sleeps on non-cotton, or is carried by someone who wasn't wearing cotton. If someone wearing non-cotton is to carry him/her, ensure his face is facing outward, and not resting on the material...u get?

I've kept my baby rash free doing all these...you should have seen his face before I made these changes.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babe01: 11:08am On Sep 20, 2014
thanks alot ma, pls what can i use as his body cream, cos i normally use ORI and PALM CANEL OIL.
bossladyMo:

For Diaper rash - Use sudocrem, and while using the sudocrem, ensure you air his/her bum. Then after it clears, ensure you change your baby's diapers regularly. Also, ensure you use a barrier cream e.g vaseline at each diaper change. Then if possible, try a different brand of diapers...I can vouch for huggies and the imported pampers (swaddlers or dry nights).

For the face - My baby had the same issues. What I did was stop using any form of oinrment on his body e.g ori or adiagbon. I also stopped covering his head with those infant caps. I stopped wrapping him up in shawls and thick blankets...used flannels instead. Then most of all, I switched his soap to sebamed...you can also use aveeno if sebamed isn't readily available....they are both good.

Pls stay off any form of agbo or steroid creams. People seem to forget that agbo is a medicine, and their liver is not yet strong enough to process all these agbos and all.

Then one more thing for the face rash - Ensure whoever is carrying your baby and your baby's beddings are cotton. My baby's face would break out in a rash if he sleeps on non-cotton, or is carried by someone who wasn't wearing cotton. If someone wearing non-cotton is to carry him/her, ensure his face is facing outward, and not resting on the material...u get?

I've kept my baby rash free doing all these...you should have seen his face before I made these changes.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 20, 2014
babe01: thanks alot ma, pls what can i use as his body cream, cos i normally use ORI and PALM CANEL OIL.
I
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 20, 2014
babe01: thanks alot ma, pls what can i use as his body cream, cos i normally use ORI and PALM CANEL OIL.

I don't use anything for now. That sebamed and aveeno are so good, you won't even feel the effect of no cream.

Wait till your baby is older till you get a lotion. My baby just clocked 1.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by yemstico: 9:52pm On Sep 20, 2014
Goodevening all. Please for those using infamil and aptamil. I want to know which one is better out of the two and why. Thanks in advance
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:22am On Sep 21, 2014
Hello mothers,I'm giving my 7month old baby boiled tap water for drinking,bt I'm nt giving him d water warm,d water use to be cold(I dnt mean cold water in d fridge o),though I was giving him warm water before frm a cup,bt now my baby dnt like drinking water frm a cup or frm a spoon,pls mothers,is it cool as I'm giving him d cold water(again,nt water frm d fridge o)guess u understand me,tanx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:24am On Sep 21, 2014
Hello mothers,I'm giving my 7month old baby boiled tap water for drinking,bt I'm nt giving him d water warm,d water use to be cold(I dnt mean cold water in d fridge o),though I was giving him warm water before frm a cup,bt now my baby dnt like drinking water frm a cup or frm a spoon,he prefer it frm all these bottle of table water dats transparent ,pls mothers,is it cool as I'm giving him d cold water(again,nt water frm d fridge o)guess u understand me,tanx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 21, 2014
yemstico: Goodevening all. Please for those using infamil and aptamil. I want to know which one is better out of the two and why. Thanks in advance

I used both. Enfamil is better...It is richer in nutrients than Aptamil. Aptamil is also good, but if you can afford it, go for Enfamil.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 21, 2014
MojAyo: Hello mothers,I'm giving my 7month old baby boiled tap water for drinking,bt I'm nt giving him d water warm,d water use to be cold(I dnt mean cold water in d fridge o),though I was giving him warm water before frm a cup,bt now my baby dnt like drinking water frm a cup or frm a spoon,pls mothers,is it cool as I'm giving him d cold water(again,nt water frm d fridge o)guess u understand me,tanx

Nothing wrong with givong him cool water...infact my baby at one time preferred cold milk. Just ensure you handle the water properly.

Dedicate a pot or kettle to just boiling his drinking water.
Dedicate a sponge to washing the utensils used for his feeding and drinking.
Wash your hands well when handling the water.
Change the plastic bottle you store his water in frequently.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 21, 2014
bossladyMo:

Nothing wrong with givong him cool water...infact my baby at one time preferred cold milk. Just ensure you handle the water properly.

Dedicate a pot or kettle to just boiling his drinking water.
Dedicate a sponge to washing the utensils used for his feeding and drinking.
Wash your hands well when handling the water.
Change the plastic bottle you store his water in frequently.
tanx dear,d thing about changing d plastic bottle frequently,its nt many in d house and how am I going to go about it,or I just need to buy sipping cup for him dat he can use to take water,I'm worried he won't take water frm d sipping cup even if he is thirsty,he prefer d transparent bottle more
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jboixxx: 3:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
MojAyo: tanx dear,d thing about changing d plastic bottle frequently,its nt many in d house and how am I going to go about it,or I just need to buy sipping cup for him dat he can use to take water,I'm worried he won't take water frm d sipping cup even if he is thirsty,he prefer d transparent bottle more
Kp trying. My LO did same sometimes ago, he refused to drink from all available sources(even the sippy cup he'd been using for months!). Just keep giving him with the sippy.

Modified: This could help.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 21, 2014
MojAyo: tanx dear,d thing about changing d plastic bottle frequently,its nt many in d house and how am I going to go about it,or I just need to buy sipping cup for him dat he can use to take water,I'm worried he won't take water frm d sipping cup even if he is thirsty,he prefer d transparent bottle more

ou will have to buy bottled water from the store then, so you can make use of the empty bottle. You can buy 1big eva bottle, then after a month of usage, dispose that and buy another one.

You will have to teach him to use the sippy cup or a normal baby cup...or else he is going to get soooo used to the bottle, it will be harder to change him.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 5:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
Enfamil is richer than aptamil but you cannot compare both because they where made in different places and with different standards both are good using the standard from where they are produced. Enfamil is made in USA we know they have better consumer control, while Aptamil is made in UK, and using UK standard its the best there. So just buy according to your pocket.
yemstico: Goodevening all. Please for those using infamil and aptamil. I want to know which one is better out of the two and why. Thanks in advance
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babe01: 3:04pm On Sep 23, 2014
good day all, pls i ve come again o. we later found out that those rashes are (nla) in yoruba, so my Mil bought Agbo which we prepared by ourselves. i want to know what else i can use to treat nla,, cos am not too ok with the agbo thing o, na my Mil dey false me do am.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
babe01: good day all, pls i ve come again o. we later found out that those rashes are (nla) in yoruba, so my Mil bought Agbo which we prepared by ourselves. i want to know what else i can use to treat nla,, cos am not too ok with the agbo thing o, na my Mil dey false me do am.
agbo is good,my mother also use it for my baby,u will use it to bath him and give him little to drink(if u ve mind)it can't hurt ur baby,its what our mothers use for us before science comes into d world,and also u can use sudocream,use little,apply it to where d ela is,I promise u,it will go,have a nice day
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 23, 2014
Hello mothers,I've bought d ingredients to make my babys pap(ogi)-(corn,guinea corn and millet with soya beans)they said I need to soak d corn,guinea corn and millet for three days,am I going to soak everything altogether or separately,and for d soya beans,they said I will fry it till its vry dry,then put groundnut,crayfish and fish into it,then I will ground d soya beans into powder and use it as baby milk inside d pap(ogi),how true dis is,pls somebody should pls explain to me better on how to make my babys pap and d soya beans,and really,I'm thinking about buying baby milk to add to his ogi(pap)which one is d best,mothers,soya beans made into milk or baby milk inside a can,tanx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 23, 2014
babe01: good day all, pls i ve come again o. we later found out that those rashes are (nla) in yoruba, so my Mil bought Agbo which we prepared by ourselves. i want to know what else i can use to treat nla,, cos am not too ok with the agbo thing o, na my Mil dey false me do am.

Pls Pls, don't use agbo. Agbo is a medicine, just like any other drug in the pharmacy and it has no dosage! Pls, your baby's liver is still young...don't overload it just because they say agbo is natural.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 23, 2014
MojAyo: Hello mothers,I've bought d ingredients to make my babys pap(ogi)-(corn,guinea corn and millet with soya beans)they said I need to soak d corn,guinea corn and millet for three days,am I going to soak everything altogether or separately,and for d soya beans,they said I will fry it till its vry dry,then put groundnut,crayfish and fish into it,then I will ground d soya beans into powder and use it as baby milk inside d pap(ogi),how true dis is,pls somebody should pls explain to me better on how to make my babys pap and d soya beans,and really,I'm thinking about buying baby milk to add to his ogi(pap)which one is d best,mothers,soya beans made into milk or baby milk inside a can,tanx

Pls buy formula for your baby, and don't substitute with soya milk or whatever. There is a reason it is called FORMULA. It is formulated specifically to contain all the nutrient your baby needs in the right amount and proportions. Buy a good formula and add to your baby's pap.

Also, I would avoid putting anything like crayfish or nuts in yourbby's food for now. Some babies are allergic to crayfish and nuts at this young age. If you are worried about protein, the formula you add will make up for that.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 23, 2014
Also, sudocrem is for the bumbum, and no where else. Don't put sudocrem on your baby's arms legs or face ooo...so as to avoid stories that touch!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 10:32pm On Sep 23, 2014
@mojayo, just as bossladymo has said, for me then when I was using pap I put the soyabeans the morning mi want to grind, if you have the time you can do all the frying but you still have to use formula and start with little to see if your baby likes it. For me after going through the hard work my baby rejected it so she doesn't take pap and she is very healthy but I pray yours will receive it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:24am On Sep 24, 2014
bossladyMo:

Pls buy formula for your baby, and don't substitute with soya milk or whatever. There is a reason it is called FORMULA. It is formulated specifically to contain all the nutrient your baby needs in the right amount and proportions. Buy a good formula and add to your baby's pap.

Also, I would avoid putting anything like crayfish or nuts in yourbby's food for now. Some babies are allergic to crayfish and nuts at this young age. If you are worried about protein, the formula you add will make up for that.
thank u vry much,I really appreciate dis comment,may God continue to bless u
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:28am On Sep 24, 2014
FINA4804: @mojayo, just as bossladymo has said, for me then when I was using pap I put the soyabeans the morning mi want to grind, if you have the time you can do all the frying but you still have to use formula and start with little to see if your baby likes it. For me after going through the hard work my baby rejected it so she doesn't take pap and she is very healthy but I pray yours will receive it.
tanx,I think I'm going to give him pap and formula,I'm somehow scared of baby getting allergy after eating soya beans,so I will go for formula,tanx so much for ur concern,mothers,God bless
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:35am On Sep 24, 2014
bossladyMo: Also, sudocrem is for the bumbum, and no where else. Don't put sudocrem on your baby's arms legs or face ooo...so as to avoid stories that touch!
dear,it do works,just apply vry little to d affected areas,on d plastic,u will see where they write,for eczema,rashes,etc,when my baby ve eczema(ela)on his face,I use vry light one for him,and it cures it,goodluck,its nt only for bums

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.