Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,034 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (746) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4399831 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (743) (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 5:40pm On Dec 06, 2016
helovesme:
feddy27

Babe, you are the real MVP !!! wink

Two kids under 2 and you are breastfeeding both ! Wow. You are one strong and patient woman. It's mums like you that the World Health Organisation wants us to emulate. grin grin

You do not need my 'gangster technique' for your toddler jare grin. Kwentinue breastfeeding him. cool

SCAM! grin cheesy grin grin

When we don gather under mango tree finish with paper and biro ( some with slate and chalk sef) for this gangstet method! That at all at all, we will get the solution if only for feddy27's sake!

This woman wants to do "the more you look the less you see" for us!

We will remove all our brassiers in protest oh! You must teach us+ we no go gree! grin

14 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missade(f): 5:55pm On Dec 06, 2016
roseval:
I said am new here the other day or body welcome me, there is God o

Lol, Teamie welcome

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 6:06pm On Dec 06, 2016
dexterush:
Good day mamas in house ,eku odun oh,hope we have started ordering our turkey and Xmas Cloth ,nothing like recession oh grin.

Pls oh eh EPP me,I dunno the ashawo boil that appear on my nipples,started four days ago,but I thot it was just sour from the numerous bite donated to me by my ogas,only for the boil to show it ugly head yesterday.
I have no t been able to breastfeed with it for four days.

Pls what can I do to reduce the discomfort,I can't wear bra in peace its drawing me from inside,its giving me fever and it's engorge cry

Pls come to my aid oh
Don't look at my bad character
Pls EPP me cry cry cry
Cc coldfeet
Soonest
Captain onegai
All sabi mamas in the building

Pele

If it is a boil it should form a hard lump and eventually a "mouth/ head "
To help it burst by itself, get a piece of cotton wool, and generously apply some spirit ( either methylated spirit / any straight drink with min 40%alcohol.) To soak the cotton wool and place between your ni.pple and the breast pad.

It will soften the boil and reduce the pain considerably,

Try and hand express to help relieve some pressure and massage with warm water, and also do cold compresses.

Also check that its not a mikk blister or ni.pple bleb which sometimes happens when a bit of skin "grows"and covers the milk duct so it forms a seal over and traps the milk from coming out. It can appear as a whitish patch that looks like the head of a boil, but it is usually flat and not pointed.

If it is that, you will have to find a way to open it up. Google milk blisters for tips... (i sterilised a tweezer and went all doctor grey on myself when i had it - not advising you do the same oh. ) lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 6:15pm On Dec 06, 2016
zimunachimdi:
Mamas pls does nycil soap cause dryness in babies. was using cusson product but couldnt find then i bought this nycil. i feel it makes my child skin dry.

has any mama experienced it?

igbo mamas,pls what is the meaning of e puta omugwo?

someone asked me that.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 6:25pm On Dec 06, 2016
roseval:
I said am new here the other day or body welcome me, there is God o
Sorry dear,welcome
Where is our silver chair(no golden chair here,we used the money to buy daipers)

soonest:

Sorry dear. If you are sure it's boil, then Ampiclox takes care of mild cases. You have to take it 6hourly for 1week.
Cosult your doctor or pharmacist for details
It looks like boil,I can see the mouth already.
Thanks will get that asap.

Onegai:

Boil? Or Mastitis? This sounds like a case for the Doctor. Best check prices on formula as I think they may prescribe certain Antibiotics and you can't breastfeed on most antibiotics. Don't pierce it abeg.
Its boil,then because am not bfing ,I also got mastitis.
Thanks,I can't bring myself to pierce it even if that's all I want to do now,the pain is sumfin else

AlphaHandMaiden:

Pele
If it is a boil it should form a hard lump and eventually a "mouth/ head "
To help it burst by itself, get a piece of cotton wool, and generously apply some spirit ( either methylated spirit / any straight drink with min 40%alcohol.) To soak the cotton wool and place between your ni.pple and the breast pad.
Proff of life,I believe you die,thanks so much
Where is that my spirit oh

Thanks all for your input,lemme go and try em
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 6:55pm On Dec 06, 2016
dexterush:

Sorry dear,welcome
Where is our silver chair(no golden chair here,we used the money to buy daipers)

It looks like boil,I can see the mouth already.
Thanks will get that asap.

Its boil,then because am not bfing ,I also got mastitis.
Thanks,I can't bring myself to pierce it even if that's all I want to do now,the pain is sumfin else

Proff of life,I believe you die,thanks so much
Where is that my spirit oh

Thanks all for your input,lemme go and try em

Before you gwan waste dis golden opportunity to get plastered cool use Gin (i think it is 40% alcohol) as a steriliser instead of spirit. It also works as an anaesthetic, just mix it with Schweppes (one yellow cover one, not the blue) or any sweet lemon soda. Gulp down your anaesthesia with suya. No pains during piercing, especially if you do more gin.

You're welcome cool

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 7:07pm On Dec 06, 2016
please mums in the house, I noticed that when my baby is crying, a lump appears near his waist. what does it mean? it doesn't seem to be painful though.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 7:39pm On Dec 06, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:

When we don gather under mango tree finish with paper and biro ( some with slate and chalk sef) for this gangstet method! That at all at all, we will get the solution if only for feddy..27's sake!

We will remove all our brassiers in protest oh! You must teach us+ we no go gree! grin

Gbam! U av said it all cheesy grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 7:50pm On Dec 06, 2016
So today I decided to patronise our own FINA4804 cheesy lovely lady! Thanks for the discount

I'm resuming work tomorrow! Heaven knows I'm not mentally ready bt I've got no choice #Rantofacareermum# angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 7:51pm On Dec 06, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:

When we don gather under mango tree finish with paper and biro ( some with slate and chalk sef) for this gangstet method! That at all at all, we will get the solution if only for feddy27's sake!

##withbra in my hand,raising it up
We no gree ooo! We no gre!! Gangster method na em we want!!!

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 7:57pm On Dec 06, 2016
zimunachimdi:

someone asked me that.
Am nt too sure, fron my own undastanding 'eputa omugwo' means 3 months after delivery when u are free from birth pains, lochia, epi.. pains, baby colic and others we can now go to work, market, church etc. Pls other igbo mamas shud chuk mouth too. Thanks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 8:03pm On Dec 06, 2016
Jennykoko3009:

Am nt too sure, fron my own undastanding 'eputa omugwo' means 3 months after delivery when u are free from birth pains, lochia, epi.. pains, baby colic and others we can now go to work, market, church etc. Pls other igbo mamas shud chuk mouth too. Thanks

thanks mama. someone has asked me twice but i answered no meanwhile,i ve been going to market and other errands though i ve not started going out with my baby often. that's why i dont really know what she meant by that.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 8:19pm On Dec 06, 2016
zimunachimdi:

someone asked me that.

It means the end of omugwo. Usually between 3-4months. That's when you can start going out.
I learnt in the olden days it was celebrated but now christianity has taken over in the form of child dedication (ikuputa nwa uka).

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 9:30pm On Dec 06, 2016
holla! no replies? has no one seen or heard something like that? please I need answers

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maran1983(f): 9:46pm On Dec 06, 2016
dunasy:

On it ma'am. Weko wuye abi. Download complete smiley

Thank you plenty. Please I don't mind more suggestions smiley

He also has a new one - you are God. It dropped on Sunday.

I first heard it on coolfm, so I had to go look for it to download.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maran1983(f): 9:59pm On Dec 06, 2016
Onegai:
dunasy and maran1983, please where do you download songs from, what site? Thanks

Hello dear, how is baby E and himself?

I have no clue how to download or where to download from. Dh does it for me and either makes me a cd or does a transfer.

Have a lovely week.

Modified. He said it can be downloaded from praiseworld radio and busysinging.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 12:12am On Dec 07, 2016
lilybestie:
I want to officially join this thread. hope I am welcome
Welcome mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 12:23am On Dec 07, 2016
zimunachimdi:

someone asked me that.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mompurity2: 2:31am On Dec 07, 2016
babythug:

Sorry dear! It's Zoey's skirt that distracted everybody!

Even though I didn't see the famous skirt..... Mama zoey iomoge2 I have three absolutely handsome boys! Well travelled and fone speaking too wink

Anyway mama Pintoxx! Many mums say their children eventuAlly outgrow sucking their fingers. I can only encourage you to keep at the mittens and ensure they have hands busy with other stuff maybe rattles?

Dunno if rubbing bitter leaf or putting a plaster will work sha
won't it be too early to use plaster or rub Bitter leaf? Thanks ma

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 6:30am On Dec 07, 2016
Ebute-metta close to Surulere right
If yes lets chat via whartsap so as to ask the Surulere mama coming to Shiloh tomorrow to ship urs... meaning no need to pay transportation fare for purchase of minimum amour of children books for a one kid
Let chat at 09032730510

Doynb:

I would like to make a purchase,i stay in Ebute-meta....any other interested mama staying in this axis?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 6:37am On Dec 07, 2016
Hi... plaster could carry dirt
Please don't try it...
Once the kid forgot the finger was plastered and put it in the mouth...no matter how minimal the contact. ..the dirt or anticeptic on the plaster can be sucked
You can use it unless you have to observe the KID 24hrs non stop LOL... like a jeweler on a diamond scrutiny

Peace
mompurity2:

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 8:24am On Dec 07, 2016
mompurity2:

Well I won't say it's too early! The longer you wait the harder it becomes to make them stop!

Its not like the plaster or bitter leaf is painful if you get me! Once they taste the bitter leaf the assumption is that they'll remove the fingers and perhAps move on from there
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by roseval(f): 8:38am On Dec 07, 2016
Tanx teamie for welcoming me

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by roseval(f): 8:42am On Dec 07, 2016
[quote author=dexterush post=51691852]
Sorry dear,welcome

Tanx dear I appreciate, ha so Becos of diapers no golden chair for me, there is God oooooooooo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jummy004: 8:57am On Dec 07, 2016
Hello mamas in da house, pls apart from rota, what r d other special immunizations dat can only b given on request? Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ify4charm: 8:57am On Dec 07, 2016
Goodmorning mummies pls where can I get se sebamed cream or lotion in Ajah. Pls this is serious, I have checked many stores even tried Festac. Pls help with a particular store and location . Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DANZAK(f): 9:04am On Dec 07, 2016
zimunachimdi:
Mamas pls does nycil soap cause dryness in babies. was using cusson product but couldnt find then i bought this nycil. i feel it makes my child skin dry.

has any mama experienced it?

I changed from Boots to Nycil and I have never regretted doing so. When we were using boots, it was rashes every time but now ds skin is like glass.
As for dry skin, I don't think it is caused by the soap. I may be wrong though, because people's skin react differently to certain substance.
I will suggest, you also check your baby's cream. I use original Shea butter in the morning and palm kernel oil at night (perfect choice for a perfect skin after trying oyibo products that failed).
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 9:11am On Dec 07, 2016
Thank you very much @feddy27, I was so happy to see you. Continous discount as you come.
Behind our phones are beautiful, and priceless women

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Florena(f): 9:22am On Dec 07, 2016
jummy004:
Hello mamas. Am officially registering here. Hope am welcomed?
Pls my 3 weeks baby always cries wen she wants to poo n mess. Then there is always gas in her tommy especialy at night. Doc says shes ok.
Pls is it ok?
mamas pls help us torchlight this matter, my D's stomach always rumble, it sounds like there are worms inside, people said not to worry but I'm very worried, I did scan and everything was fine. his stomach also looks big and he groans and squeezes face anytime he want to poo.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 9:37am On Dec 07, 2016
Florena:
mamas pls help us torchlight this matter, my D's stomach always rumble, it sounds like there are worms inside, people said not to worry but I'm very worried, I did scan and everything was fine. his stomach also looks big and he groans and squeezes face anytime he want to poo.

IMHO, I think it's too much gas in the tummy.
*Burp often
*Don't allow him cry for long b4 feeding so that he doesn't swallow much gas
*If you are doing exclusive, make sure he latches properly to avoid much swallowing of air
*If you are bottle feeding, watch how you position the bottle
*Gently massage his tummy at bath time.
Cheers.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunasy(f): 9:43am On Dec 07, 2016
maran1983:

He also has a new one - you are God. It dropped on Sunday.

I first heard it on coolfm, so I had to go look for it to download.

Thanks ma'am,

Just downloaded
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Florena(f): 10:08am On Dec 07, 2016
soonest:

IMHO, I think it's too much gas in the tummy.
*Burp often
*Don't allow him cry for long b4 feeding so that he doesn't swallow much gas
*If you are doing exclusive, make sure he latches properly to avoid much swallowing of air
*If you are bottle feeding, watch how you position the bottle
*Gently massage his tummy at bath time.
Cheers.
thank you ma
do u mean warm water massage?

(1) (2) (3) ... (743) (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.