Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,682 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (747) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4399315 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 10:19am On Dec 07, 2016
[quote author=roseval posot=51706521][/quote]

Everybody bring your own "joko"

However, We are accepting donations, in case you want to sow a seed of a golden chair...... or 2 grin

Welcome to the thread and congratulations on your lo.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pretimum: 10:41am On Dec 07, 2016
sugarcanebaby:
I stay at Pedro very close to gbagada. Which of the stores cab I check

Hi
You can check the neighborhood store opposite suya spot by grace high school, can't remember the name precisely, since you stay at Pedro you won't miss it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 11:03am On Dec 07, 2016
Florena:
thank you ma
do u mean warm water massage?
Yeah but slightly warmer than the average warm.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mamamj: 11:04am On Dec 07, 2016
Hello,
I saw it in small blenco, the 1st one on addo road just after ajah

ify4charm:
Goodmorning mummies pls where can I get se sebamed cream or lotion in Ajah. Pls this is serious, I have checked many stores even tried Festac. Pls help with a particular store and location . Thank you

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 11:25am On Dec 07, 2016
Hello mamas.
Update we are still on d diaper matter.
Now we use it mostly at day.den disposable at night.MIL loves d diapers.she doesnt even wear her skirts or shorts again.

My concerns.how long can she stay if she didnt wee on d diaper. Sometimes she is changed only once b4 i get home.thats two diapers during d day. Told MIl to change every 4hrs but she said no need if no waste.

I leave 730 and get home 5- 6pm.

Rocking our cloth diaper

11 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 12:04pm On Dec 07, 2016
Fyngal1:
please mums in the house, I noticed that when my baby is crying, a lump appears near his waist. what does it mean? it doesn't seem to be painful though.
I have forgotten the name, my daughter around a 1-2months had hers as well like in the pelvis region. Always poped up when she cried, we got so worried that we visited the hospital and the doctor assured us it was because of a hole there which will close up as she grows. We just suddenly noticed that it wasn't there again. If your baby is above 3months and still has it when he cries, then you need to visit a doctor. Other Mamas will chook mouth.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maran1983(f): 12:47pm On Dec 07, 2016
rofemiguwa:
Hello mamas.
Now we use it mostly at day.den disposable at night.MIL loves d diapers.she doesnt even wear her skirts or shorts again.

My concerns.how long can she stay if she didnt wee on d diaper. Sometimes she is changed only once b4 i get home.thats two diapers during d day. Told MIl to change every 4hrs but she said no need if no waste.

Rocking our cloth diaper

Awwww, she is so cute. See her fat legs.

Sorry, i have no idea on the cloth diaper. I just had to comment on your cute baby.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 12:52pm On Dec 07, 2016
Has anyone heard about 'braps' diapers?
I'm still using diapers gifted me and we have gone through Braps and now on molfix and I'm quite surprised how unpopular braps is compared to molfix even though it is more superior to molfix.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 2:03pm On Dec 07, 2016
Coldfeet:
Sorry love she will be fine. Why not let her be giving the scheduled vaccines on that Wednesday? Instead of going out twice? Or are you using an HMO?
You will have to register and get a card for Zoey before the rota can be given so if it's OK by you just allow her take her 6 weeks vaccine with them.

Note if she's having an elevated temperature or malaise they won't administer the vaccines sha.

Thanks much.
We took all today at kozito

Paid 9500 for PCV13 and 7500 for ROTA.
Then 450 for others.

They said thier pcv is different from health center pcv.
Sumtin about pcv 10 n 13.

thankz much.
We r home.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Coldfeet(f): 2:11pm On Dec 07, 2016
iomoge2:

Thanks much.
We took all today at kozito

Paid 9500 for PCV13 and 7500 for ROTA.
Then 450 for others.

They said thier pcv is different from health center pcv.
Sumtin about pcv 10 n 13.

thankz much.
We r home.
Oh that's good to know! Welcome and kiss the princess for me.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doynb(f): 2:15pm On Dec 07, 2016
kidco:
Ebute-metta close to Surulere right
If yes lets chat via whartsap so as to ask the Surulere mama coming to Shiloh tomorrow to ship urs... meaning no need to pay transportation fare for purchase of minimum amour of children books for a one kid
Let chat at 09032730510

Alright, will do. Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 2:28pm On Dec 07, 2016
Bellaella, Onegai and abiagirl, thanks a lot for your responses, i wil brace up my mind and follow d gynae advice. God bless you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennifer89(f): 3:18pm On Dec 07, 2016
hello mamas how are you all doing

hmm a friend of mine visited me with her 3months old ds. she said she uses maggi to clean her ds tongue and also said she has been giving her teething medicine since she was a month old. she claimed that it will prevent her ds from teething 'wahala' when it eventually start.

mamas have you heard of the maggi stuff and isn't it dangerous to her baby?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 3:24pm On Dec 07, 2016
@jennifer89, if really she said Maggie, then there is a problem. Who does that, I have never heard of it. For teething medicines I don't use and my kids are fine, I just use Paracetamol when needed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 3:26pm On Dec 07, 2016
cutiereborn:

I have forgotten the name, my daughter around a 1-2months had hers as well like in the pelvis region. Always poped up when she cried, we got so worried that we visited the hospital and the doctor assured us it was because of a hole there which will close up as she grows. We just suddenly noticed that it wasn't there again. If your baby is above 3months and still has it when he cries, then you need to visit a doctor. Other Mamas will chook mouth.

thanks a lot. good to know dat some one has seen it at least. was getting real paranoid abt it.
we re seeing d doctor on Monday though

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 3:26pm On Dec 07, 2016
PLS MAMAS HELP ME, DO NOT PASS
My NANNY like eating ginger and garlic, it will be smelling all over her and she carries my baby, it is so bad. Pls what do I do.
And she is a woman, widow with three children, being around her is not funny, I can't even stand it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 07, 2016
Florena:
mamas pls help us torchlight this matter, my D's stomach always rumble, it sounds like there are worms inside, people said not to worry but I'm very worried, I did scan and everything was fine. his stomach also looks big and he groans and squeezes face anytime he want to poo.
Scan? You took my baby for scanning? FTM syndrome. tongue Take time.
There is nothing wrong with him jo.

My LO had the same thing. I tried Nospamin and it worked. (Or I believed it did)
Her stomach was big too and she was always passing smelly gas. After about 4 months it all stopped. No more groaning, no more stretching when she wants to poo.
And the stomach has considerably gone down too.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Florena(f): 3:57pm On Dec 07, 2016
faithisallihave:

Scan? You took my baby for scanning? FTM syndrome. tongue Take time.
There is nothing wrong with him jo.

My LO had the same thing. I tried Nospamin and it worked. (Or I believed it did)
Her stomach was big too and she was always passing smelly gas. After about 4 months it all stopped. No more groaning, no more stretching when she wants to poo.
And the stomach has considerably gone down too.
the sonographer even laughed at me before he assured me that everything was fine, I guess its their digestive system at work! its just weird wen he's feeding and u can hear his stomach rumble, thanks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ganjababe: 4:24pm On Dec 07, 2016
The holidays are upon us and celebration is in the air
Looking for the perfect gift for loved ones this season? Look no further.............
At FarmCircle Enterprise, we breed wholesome Live (Local) Turkeys which are ideal for this season. The turkeys can be branded as gifts to loved ones or used as delicacies for the family this festive season.
We handle deliveries or pick up at our office depending on client's choice. (Lagos residents only)
For more information, kindly contact ABBY on 09098703476.
Average size of the Turkeys range from 13kg to 15kg.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Coldfeet(f): 4:35pm On Dec 07, 2016
Jennifer89:
hello mamas how are you all doing

hmm a friend of mine visited me with her 3months old ds. she said she uses maggi to clean her ds tongue and also said she has been giving her teething medicine since she was a month old. she claimed that it will prevent her ds from teething 'wahala' when it eventually start.

mamas have you heard of the maggi stuff and isn't it dangerous to her baby?
White Maggi as in ajinomoto,vedan and alum is used to clean babies tongue that has thrush! Such practises anger me and I wonder who, where and how it all started?

I'm never a fan of teething medicine and I've never had cause to use them as all my kids don't experience any discomfort during their teething phase.

She is just over loading that poor babys system with salt, msg and alcohol angry

FINA4804:
PLS MAMAS HELP ME, DO NOT PASS
My NANNY like eating ginger and garlic, it will be smelling all over her and she carries my baby, it is so bad. Pls what do I do.
And she is a woman, widow with three children, being around her is not funny, I can't even stand it.
Hypertensive patients eat garlic and ginger to lower their blood pressure, ask her if she has a health condition that warrants her eating it and get her a mouth freshener.

If not just kindly tell her you don't like her breath odor and tell her to put a stop to it, my one cent.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennifer89(f): 4:51pm On Dec 07, 2016
FINA4804 yes o! she said it must be maggi and not other brands

coldfeet shocked some people have gone far o! imagine using all that for their lo...and I just heard of it yesterday hmm...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 4:52pm On Dec 07, 2016
@coldfeet, ok I will ask her. My baby is smelling garlic and ginger
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doynb(f): 5:19pm On Dec 07, 2016
kidco:
Ebute-metta close to Surulere right
If yes lets chat via whartsap so as to ask the Surulere mama coming to Shiloh tomorrow to ship urs... meaning no need to pay transportation fare for purchase of minimum amour of children books for a one kid
Let chat at 09032730510

Mr Kidco,pls respond to your chat

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bussy2rhymes(f): 5:19pm On Dec 07, 2016
[quote author=bussy2rhymes post=51622118]Dear mamas in the house, Happy Sunday o. This thread has been informative & educating. Kudos to all the mamas in the house.
My breast milk supply isn't enough for my baby, I have done everything I read here, got little result. My baby(6wks old) has been crying for the past fews day. I'm always feeding him day and night yet he isn't satisfied. Pls advise me what on the formula I can introduce to him that won't make him to have constipation but make him gain weight as he hasnt gaining much weight since birth. Pls help me, I haven't slept or rested for the past 5days. I'm getting frustrated already

Pls help all sabi moms. I need all help and experiences I can get.
Thanks

cc. onegai , Feddy20, Alphahandmaiden, helovesme, soonest

Thanks all mamas, I took him to the doctor and he was examined, the doctor assures me that everything is fine with him. He only needs to be fed more which I have started already. He now sleeps better now. I'm grateful for all the help you all offered me.

Pls where can I get Rota vaccine around Mowe-ibafo Expressway.

Thanks
cc: helovesme, stepmiracle, loistee, ojac1,soonest
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 07, 2016
Hello mamas, I don't know if this might be of help, but if you need it contact me, it's very cheap and very useful https://www.nairaland.com/3191072/latest-vaccum-cleaner-household

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 8:29pm On Dec 07, 2016
DANZAK:

I changed from Boots to Nycil and I have never regretted doing so. When we were using boots, it was rashes every time but now ds skin is like glass.
As for dry skin, I don't think it is caused by the soap. I may be wrong though, because people's skin react differently to certain substance.
I will suggest, you also check your baby's cream. I use original Shea butter in the morning and palm kernel oil at night (perfect choice for a perfect skin after trying oyibo products that failed).

thank you mama. sis,i don tire oo. we use cusson baby cream. my lo skin react so easily.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 8:45pm On Dec 07, 2016
soonest:

It means the end of omugwo. Usually between 3-4months. That's when you can start going out.
I learnt in the olden days it was celebrated but now christianity has taken over in the form of child dedication (ikuputa nwa uka).

thanks mama. but this dedication(ikuputa nwa uka) is it a must thing? will one have to do it every each born?

sorry for the much questions
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Aim07(f): 9:27pm On Dec 07, 2016
kidco:
One mama is coming to Shiloh We plan to see personally there She lives in Surulere is that close enough for you
thanks it's a bit far for me.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 9:39pm On Dec 07, 2016
Ok... as we chatted...now it up to you to talk to the mama... she is already is Shiloh country now

Peace
Doynb:

Mr Kidco,pls respond to your chat
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 9:44pm On Dec 07, 2016
Let me have your contact
burticious:
Hello mamas, I don't know if this might be of help, but if you need it contact me, it's very cheap and very useful https://www.nairaland.com/3191072/latest-vaccum-cleaner-household
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Aim07(f): 9:48pm On Dec 07, 2016
Mothers dat are using dove pure and sensitive soap, pls which body cream are using for ur los dat gives gud result. I have bought d soap, thinking of which cream to buy. thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 10:05pm On Dec 07, 2016
rofemiguwa:
Hello mamas.

Rocking our cloth diaper

Try and change it, there is nothing like "waste" in Cloth diapering, it's reusable!! You are not supposed to keep baby in any type of diaper for hours on end, disposables especially don't allow skin to breathe. Meanwhile, see new prints and inserts, nicer ones like Hemp, Cotton and Bamboo. We need to pm.

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.